Options

The "Rank 4 Mount" Feedback Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    its not about dmg its about the 30% speed and that it provides extra stats 4000 mov.

I can live with upgraded speed - it's a legendary mount, and it makes sense that yes, it's faster than epic. I don't think I was the only one surprised when the first legendary mount came out and was 'just' a 110% mount.

The movement buff and click effect, though, mean someone with an AGS gets a benefit that others do not have access to. If there was a scaling movement buff on *all* mounts (+1000 for green etc) as well as a click effect on all mounts, it'd level the field. Legendary mounts would obviously have the highest buff / best click effect.

But we don't have that - we have one, ultra-rare mount that has it.

WIth everything else, all players can at least access *something* - maybe not BiS, but something. Artifacts - you have Vault of the 9, Equipment - drops from Draconic Heralds, and given for reaching 70 / completing spinward / collecting Linu's.

This mount, though? Fine idea - but they should have been applying the buffs / click effects across the board.
  • Options
    rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    140% speed bonus break the rule, but it's fine, other ability than speed bonus is not fair.
    Who has actually any orange/legendary mount deserve upgraded speed. (i've got an appaloosa so this can't touch me)

BTW HAPPY SUMMER PAYING PLAYERS!.
    No matter what anyone say, i think that $ grant by lockbox are dirty

PS Perfect world title is growing (very little) but you'll never see so many money as 2012 again
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cdnbison wrote: »
    I can live with upgraded speed - it's a legendary mount, and it makes sense that yes, it's faster than epic. I don't think I was the only one surprised when the first legendary mount came out and was 'just' a 110% mount.

Well back in the day, they did say they would not introduce a faster mount, that the legendary ones were just rarer. This creates a disparity especially in PVP.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lol is 25 pages of rage enough for giving 'em an idea of what we think about the new super-fantastik mount?

is the message passing clear and loud?

if need i can repeat it, np for me.

They aren't interested in our feedback if it is negative , why do you think everything negative has been dumped here instead of being left in the official feedback thread ,it is so the developers know what thread to avoid ,like seriously ,if they cared don't you think at least one of them would have at least attempted to address our concerns and questions by now? .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    trill34trill34 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here's my take:
    1. I don't care about the attack power for the Armored Giant Strider.
    2. I do care about the movement stat bonus on the Striders and the mount speed bonus for the AGS.
    3. I would gladly spend IRL money on an upgrade token to make my main's mount Orange, so long as it included the movement stat bonus and 140% mount speed. Honestly, I would spend as much money on a one-time upgrade token as I would on an account-wide Epic mount...possibly a little more. I love my mount's appearance and I want the movement and mount speed bonuses.
  • Options
    xxxgriessonxxxxxxgriessonxxx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With this speed boost a BIS TR MI Sabo can now solo block both base exits in GG
  • Options
    xxxgriessonxxxxxxgriessonxxx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    I read this and thought "does that mean the opposing team can't do a number 1 or a number 2?"

my childlike giggling got me a frown from the spouse.

Only if he lets them
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So with what amounts to a 10% speed boost, you're saying a solo TR can beat an entire team in Gauntlgrym? Whatever you say, Chicken Little.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,289 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    I read this and thought "does that mean the opposing team can't do a number 1 or a number 2?"

my childlike giggling got me a frown from the spouse.

I guess they will need two "bags". :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think this is just a test how people react to new artifact/mounts... RP mounts inc. along with RP Stronghold and the new Stronghold starter package aviable for 50k zen...believe me^^
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    They aren't interested in our feedback if it is negative , why do you think everything negative has been dumped here instead of being left in the official feedback thread ,it is so the developers know what thread to avoid ,like seriously ,if they cared don't you think at least one of them would have at least attempted to address our concerns and questions by now? .

You couldn't be more right. No doubt all the various threads are being merged here to prevent a fractured conversation and having a bunch of similar threads going at the same time. I see that, from one narrow perspective. However, the more important truth is that a ton of similar threads that all generally say the same thing should be a huge sign to the powers that be that they've made yet another HUGE mistake. Yet again, they made an ASSUMPTION about what we, as players, want out of Neverwinter, and again, they failed their INT check...

I find it interesting that there has been NOT ONE response to this thread, or any of the merged threads, by staff. They haven't even acknowledged that players have a concern here. They are, again, burying their heads in the sand.

I've said it 100 times. I hope one of these days, Cryptic will start paying attention to their community. We are not 2-year-olds (not all of us anyway) and they are not simply babysitters trying to keep us happy while changing and disposing of our poopy diapers. The more they "cull" unwanted posts and the more they ignore player concerns, or worse, the more they pat us on the heads and pay lip service to our concerns while doing nothing to actually address them... the worse things will get. I hope they start paying attention before Neverwinter becomes another entry in the list of failed MMOs.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Strumslinger actually commented on Reddit to say the negative feedback on the mount has been passed along.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/38k9dm/official_armored_giant_strider_trailer_available/

Bit surprised there was nothing here, since the audience is wider. But it was in reply to a question that went direct to Strum.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think this whole thing is being blown into a bigger issue than it is. My opinion.

Fix the existing bugs and let this one work itself out over time (i.e., as people gain in-game experience with this new mount and its active bonuses . . .). :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As a specific issue on its own? Yea, maybe so. But as a symptom of a larger problem? Quite the opposite, I think. It shows huge lack of understanding of what players really want. That players have them is no surprise now that they are out - the problem is, of all the things they should have spent time on, and I DO understand there are many lines of work happening at the same time - of all the things they put resources toward they spend someone, make several someone's cycles on a über lockbox mount while players are leaving the game in droves and those remaining are screaming at them to improve things.... This isn't an improvement.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    As a specific issue on its own? Yea, maybe so. But as a symptom of a larger problem? Quite the opposite, I think. It shows huge lack of understanding of what players really want. That players have them is no surprise now that they are out - the problem is, of all the things they should have spent time on, and I DO understand there are many lines of work happening at the same time - of all the things they put resources toward they spend someone, make several someone's cycles on a über lockbox mount while players are leaving the game in droves and those remaining are screaming at them to improve things.... This isn't an improvement.

...it tosses a probably not overly huge, but noticeable, and balance-skewing chunk of extra power to those players willing to dump quite some money on a potentially futile gamble. Caters to the well-off and the true junkies. The spendings of which, together, probably make up like 65-80% of the cash spent in this game, quota increasing with any F2P-player leaving...

Don't get me wrong here, it's Cryptic's unalienable right to provide this, and after all they have their bills to pay, too. But whether I like this approach or rather just bear with it, that is a different question. Also whether it des the game as a whole any good.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I hope they offer an upgrade path for the older mounts... L love my Blueberry and would not want to put her out to pasture

Urlord
  • Options
    andyzazandyzaz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like playing pvp, but this screws it for everyone who doesn't have a million dollars to spend on enchanted keys... the thing has an actual chance to kill me w/ its over 10k damage, giving people who pay an obvious advantage, like being able to use their mount as another artifact, complete w/ stat bonuses and damage. everyone else would have to make do w/ only 1 artifact. Plz disable this mount's powers in pvp!!!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I saw my first armored strider in the wild and I think it had to have been equipped by someone who dropped it from a key, because they had zippo for gear.

Sort of crazy. They could have sold the stupid mount and gotten weapon and armor enchants, gemmed epic shirt and pants, and 3 more artifacts (actually 4 because what they had was a catalogue), and already been way better off.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia