What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[MOD 6 guide] Lazalia's High Crit build for PvE GWF Destroyer

Comments

• Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank u very much for specific numbers, for now i will work a bit on companion and will replace all radiant in offense slots with azures, tho it only will be r8 :/

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    snip

Thank you very much, great input! I was playing with this idea when I started to think about possible builds in Mod6 for GWF. My first build had 32k+ Power and obviously a very low crit rate, considering that CA works different for both crit and non crit hits, it would have been a good idea to boost the non crit dmg so the damage per hit would be a lot higher. That was a good build, the dmg bonus also affects lostmauth's set bonus so the procs were stronger but after a few tests, more crits = more procs = more dmg even with lower % dmg bonus so when I started to focus completely on crit % I had to forget the idea about CHA.

john718 wrote: »
    Hey the Sigil of Devoted did you make a Healer in order to get that artifact or is it buy able if people are able to sell them ? And if it sellable what kind of price range would I expect in Astral Diamonds?

In order to get this artifact, you need to lvl up a DC up to lv 60 and finish the quest Vault of the Nine quest. (LINK)

Good stuff my GWF comrade.

I'm thinking of starting an alternate GWF using this build of yours. That way I can have a SwordMaster and an Iron Vanguard. I'm currently specced for PVP. The GWF inspired by you will be PVE and play PVP as well.

So my question is: Since NW is SO alt-unfriendly, I'm going to make the SwordMaster GWF on a budget. What do you recommend that I equip him with? I'm mostly going to be equipping it with Rank 7's and absolutely no companion whatsoever.

How can I reach high crit on a budget with this alt? I'm going to have great fun with it, I can feel that.

Hi! Thank you for passing by.

The high crit build starts with 51% crit and it is not really hard for a GWF to get that number. Every offensive slot with Azure enchantments and Defensive slots with Radiants. Focus on ArPen only after you have reached lv 70 and If you want to kill some Heralds and do some epic dungeons, you will need 60% ArPen so I would advice to get equipment with this stat and after you are done with it, then you can start adding crit again. The thing is that the HCB doesn't work good in PvP due to the tenacity, instead of HP you would go for more defensive stats like deflect/life steal which aren't really needed in PvE. So, if you create a character fully based in PvP you can still do PvE without trouble but if you try to bring a fully maxed character from PvE to PvP it's going to be very, very squishy and a really bad experience.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yo Lazalia,

I had the pleasure to do eToS with you last night (the GWF that only had 45 mins left!) I gotta say your DPS impressed me, being a PvP-focused player I have no plan on switching my build at the moment, however its always nice to know what optional defensive stats I can give up to invest into more offensive powers. Great guide and you are definitely a very knowledgable GWF, thanks for contributing this guide to the community! :)

regards,
    icydrake

Thank you very much, great input! I was playing with this idea when I started to think about possible builds in Mod6 for GWF. My first build had 32k+ Power and obviously a very low crit rate, considering that CA works different for both crit and non crit hits, it would have been a good idea to boost the non crit dmg so the damage per hit would be a lot higher. That was a good build, the dmg bonus also affects lostmauth's set bonus so the procs were stronger but after a few tests, more crits = more procs = more dmg even with lower % dmg bonus so when I started to focus completely on crit % I had to forget the idea about CHA.

In order to get this artifact, you need to lvl up a DC up to lv 60 and finish the quest Vault of the Nine quest. (LINK)

Hi! Thank you for passing by.

The high crit build starts with 51% crit and it is not really hard for a GWF to get that number. Every offensive slot with Azure enchantments and Defensive slots with Radiants. Focus on ArPen only after you have reached lv 70 and If you want to kill some Heralds and do some epic dungeons, you will need 60% ArPen so I would advice to get equipment with this stat and after you are done with it, then you can start adding crit again. The thing is that the HCB doesn't work good in PvP due to the tenacity, instead of HP you would go for more defensive stats like deflect/life steal which aren't really needed in PvE. So, if you create a character fully based in PvP you can still do PvE without trouble but if you try to bring a fully maxed character from PvE to PvP it's going to be very, very squishy and a really bad experience.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I updated my calculation sheet for mod6 with the approx 1%/400 points for power, crit, defense and deflect. Crit over all my not be the last word.. there is a sweet spot/break even point between power/crit... hitting this would be best.

Feel free to try it. Link is in my sig. Perhaps its better to copy it to your own drive because of multi-user access^^

//Bellistor
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    Yo Lazalia,

I had the pleasure to do eToS with you last night (the GWF that only had 45 mins left!) I gotta say your DPS impressed me, being a PvP-focused player I have no plan on switching my build at the moment, however its always nice to know what optional defensive stats I can give up to invest into more offensive powers. Great guide and you are definitely a very knowledgable GWF, thanks for contributing this guide to the community! :)

regards,
    icydrake

Thank you very much for your comment, it was a great run. I hope we can run together again!
    metalldjt wrote: »
    Well i played with 6r12 recovery and hidden dagger cooldown dropped from 12s to 10s,but the tooltip shows 12s , but it is affected by recharge speed i am sure about it.
    About regen is not that useless,it gives back huge ticks of regen and it's somehow like incoming healing bonus.
    It's a great build thou, u can try mighty leap + mighty leap new feat from instigator. It cools down all your encounters if you attack in those 10s after the buff is applied.
    And about HP gives good surviability and higher temp pool, but i would still chose deflect over it,it mitigates alot of damage and feythistle deals alot of damage every 1s. 3k per tick sometines a little more , because of combat advantage. But in 1min you deal 180k damagr from thistle if you are in those circumnstances.

Hello! well good to know that it reduces the cooldown, I never tested that because giving up 10.5% crit for 2s less doesn't sound like a good trade for me and I've never been bothered about recovery since most of our damage comes from At-wills.

Regen only heals you out of combat and yes it does grants you incoming healing bonus but it's hard to get in good equipment and the effect is barely noticeable.

Regarding to Mighty Leap, I really love this encounter and I would be really glad if we were forced to use it but IBS+HD+DS is just perfect. I mean, the extra damage bonus granted by each encounter is much more noticeable than the reduced CD.

Deflect, the problem with deflect and feythistle is that you have to receive damage while during a dungeon run I'm trying to avoid it. The good thing about the Temp HP is that you can continuously refresh it (each 4s-8s) and every hit that you receive will go directly to this THP. If I have lower THP even after deflecting an attack, the damage might go directly to my HP pool and that's something that I'm trying to avoid too.

Anyway, I would be glad if we could do some runs together and test everything in the field, it's the best way to test some points.
    b3llist0r wrote: »
    I updated my calculation sheet for mod6 with the approx 1%/400 points for power, crit, defense and deflect. Crit over all my not be the last word.. there is a sweet spot/break even point between power/crit... hitting this would be best.

Feel free to try it. Link is in my sig. Perhaps its better to copy it to your own drive because of multi-user access^^

//Bellistor

Hi, thank you for passing by. I sent you a private message so we can discuss this with ease.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yo laz why DC arti ?you can get another 2.5% from another crit arti [Thayan Book of the Dead] mybe? .

Why do y need DC artifact can y explain it to me cuz we dont have good dalys .
    DC arti good for pvp(we all know this ) but for pve ?

Btw thnx for reply i think we can get enugh crit w/o WM and i really like what y have done here agan you made a good guide but i still wait for the final version cuz i know you can get from your GWF more dmg out:)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yo laz why DC arti ?you can get another 2.5% from another crit arti [Thayan Book of the Dead] mybe? .

Why do y need DC artifact can y explain it to me cuz we dont have good dalys .
    DC arti good for pvp(we all know this ) but for pve ?

Btw thnx for reply i think we can get enugh crit w/o WM and i really like what y have done here agan you made a good guide but i still wait for the final version cuz i know you can get from your GWF more dmg out:)

Hey bro, I find the DC sigil very important because I'm usually in front of the group when were are running dungeons and I start the fight the Avalanche of Steel. It allows the tank to take aggro without receiving damage and the CW can cast oppresive force for more CC. Crescendo can deal a lot of damage when the GWF is fully stacked and I like to keep my AoS charged after I've spent my daily power due to his utility, it's a lifesaver, i.e AoS helps to avoid the red ray of the Avatar of Lolth (in case that the tank isn't in the right position) or I can just spam crescendo if the whole situation is under control. Sometimes I switch to another artifact, Token of Chromatic Storm, for the debuff but it's very situational. My favorite or main artifact is Sigil of the Devoted in any case.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hey bro, I find the DC sigil very important because I'm usually in front of the group when were are running dungeons and I start the fight the Avalanche of Steel. It allows the tank to take aggro without receiving damage and the CW can cast oppresive force for more CC. Crescendo can deal a lot of damage when the GWF is fully stacked and I like to keep my AoS charged after I've spent my daily power due to his utility, it's a lifesaver, i.e AoS helps to avoid the red ray of the Avatar of Lolth (in case that the tank isn't in the right position) or I can just spam crescendo if the whole situation is under control. Sometimes I switch to another artifact, Token of Chromatic Storm, for the debuff but it's very situational. My favorite or main artifact is Sigil of the Devoted in any case.

Hmmm... intresting you shoud do some runs with my pala :)

Btw red ray of the Avatar of Lolth can be avoided by just running to cinderellas abdomen.
    If the tank need Avalanche of Steel then he is not so good :(.

In your first vid of E.tos you dont even used it one time this is why i ask.

I dont say its not usefull but mybe more crit is better just dont saw y use your daly soo much(watching your Y-tube vids) to make DC sigil recommended to your build.

Agan thnx for reply.

About Token of Chromatic Storm isnt the "Acid: Afflicts the target with -23% Physical Damage resistance for 10 seconds. "random?
    I never saw 1 in action but you got my attention.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    john718john718 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey in our offensive slots you said put all radiant echantment in Mod 5 is it still worth puting them or just more crti like Mod 6 all Azure but ATM I got 1.9k ArmrPen. Also my Crti is at 44% what you suggest more Crti or stay power and do I increase my ArmrPen? (This is Mod 5 Xbox)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hmmm... intresting you shoud do some runs with my pala :)

Btw red ray of the Avatar of Lolth can be avoided by just running to cinderellas abdomen.
    If the tank need Avalanche of Steel then he is not so good :(.

In your first vid of E.tos you dont even used it one time this is why i ask.

I dont say its not usefull but mybe more crit is better just dont saw y use your daly soo much(watching your Y-tube vids) to make DC sigil recommended to your build.

Agan thnx for reply.

About Token of Chromatic Storm isnt the "Acid: Afflicts the target with -23% Physical Damage resistance for 10 seconds. "random?
    I never saw 1 in action but you got my attention.

I usually don't die when I take the red ray, as I said it is due to the utility if she's aiming the ray towards me I just use AoS and look for any add around that must be killed. If I have the ability to not receive damage plus a bit of CC, why shouldn't I use it? :P

I need to make a video doing the dungeon run instead of just killing Syndrith just to show how I work with the dailies.

I don't understand what you meant with if the tank needs AoS then it's not so good. The Destroyer is not a tank, it is a DPS class. If the Destroyer were able to tank including his massive amount of DMG, everyone would be playing GWF for PvE.

Regarding to the token, yes, sometimes the debuff is applied and sometimes not but the damage and debuff is increased thanks to the destroyer stacks so it is a lot higher during combat.

We can do a run together and I can use the token, the debuff effect is very noticeable.
    john718 wrote: »
    Hey in our offensive slots you said put all radiant echantment in Mod 5 is it still worth puting them or just more crti like Mod 6 all Azure but ATM I got 1.9k ArmrPen. Also my Crti is at 44% what you suggest more Crti or stay power and do I increase my ArmrPen? (This is Mod 5 Xbox)

Hello! First your ArPen must be 24%, then invest in crit no more than 3.5k then go full power. I posted a guide for you xbox guys in the following thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?917811-XBOX-(MOD5)-Lazalia-s-High-Crit-Build-for-PvE-GWF-Destroyer
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    A quick video doing Valindra's Tower. https://youtu.be/VDM7OsGK0D4

I will start uploading videos about dungeons and add some tips since it was requested by GWFs ingame. It was a very nice suggestion, thanks!
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A bit dissapointed ^^:
    "12-3" at the beginning? When do you join VT last time? ^^
    VT is the new speed farm dungeon for ADs. But nice vid.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    spideymt wrote: »
    A bit dissapointed ^^:
    "12-3" at the beginning? When do you join VT last time? ^^
    VT is the new speed farm dungeon for ADs. But nice vid.

I always do that for fun, so the other players doesn't choose the same number. Therefore, I don't have to argue about that before we start the fight with the boss.
    Just because everyone do it in the same place doesn't mean that I have to do it too. :)

Btw, I've farmed VT since it was released with several characters, I've lost the count already.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,290 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A dumb question. What does 12-3 mean? 12 wins and 3 loses? Thanks.

Edit: got it. The section in the last battle.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    A dumb question. What does 12-3 mean? 12 wins and 3 loses? Thanks.

During the fight against Valindra, some caskets will appear. Every member of the group have to press "F" on them in order to destroy them so this requires a bit of organization. It would be bad if everyone goes to the same casket because several elite adds will appear.

The fighting area is circular so imagine that is like a clock. The north area is 12, right side 3, south 6 and left side is 9. Four members will pick a number which means that they will cover that area. I.e in the video I took 12-3 meaning that I will take care of any casket that appears between the north and the right side. The last member is a floater and he/she will be around wherever is needed or he/she can be the tank keeping Valindra busy.

The funny thing is that in the video, we had so much DPS that the casket phase never happened. xD
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I don't understand what you meant with if the tank needs AoS then it's not so good. The Destroyer is not a tank, it is a DPS class. If the Destroyer were able to tank including his massive amount of DMG, everyone would be playing GWF for PvE.
    [/URL]

I know GWF tank path are wanished :)

Btw i dont think anyone want to play GWF some are like distant safe play not every ppl are fearless^^.

I just say if the tank in your pt need your daly to be succesfull then he is not so good player.
    Ofc you can help him just i wondered why u use it . This is all.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,290 Arc User
    edited May 2015

The funny thing is that in the video, we had so much DPS that the casket phase never happened. xD

Thanks. I thought I was missing something you did in video because after you entered the last area (in the video), I remember about the need to do something in each section. At that moment, I understood what 12-3 means.

I did not notice you did anything (as you explained your team was too powerful and nothing needs to be done). I thought "hmmm! May be I was wrong about that and you guys just did not want to jam into the same small area when the lightning strips came."

Thank you for the explanation.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Thanks. I thought I was missing something you did in video because after you entered the last area (in the video), I remember about the need to do something in each section. At that moment, I understood what 12-3 means.

I did not notice you did anything (as you explained your team was too powerful and nothing needs to be done). I thought "hmmm! May be I was wrong about that and you guys just did not want to jam into the same small area when the lightning strips came."

Thank you for the explanation.

Easy explanation is laz have 4,7k I.lvl VT req 1.6 this means he outgraded it by x2,9 time.
    If you have 5 of those ppl means you have almos 15 ppl vs poor vally. :)
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Easy explanation is laz have 4,7k I.lvl VT req 1.6 this means he outgraded it by x2,9 time.
    If you have 5 of those ppl means you have almos 15 ppl vs poor vally. :)

1 GWF is enough for Val. I farm VT very often. You can sell amu for a really good price. Also we try to help ppl to get better gear and clear VT. With an crit build GWF and good gear you can easy nuke val down. Ofc im not geared as laz, but good enough to dps val down like nothing. Val is ( my opinion) the best endboss for an crit GWF. You can make huge dps and if you got an GF (Terror) and an DC ( Plague) you can see huge numbers ^^ on Val.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    https://youtu.be/teQxv2YwEfQ

Ok, that's a video killing Akar Kessell in Kessell's Retreat. I joined this group through queue system (I arrived to the 2nd camp before the boss, so we had to clear a bit). I don't know any of them and I don't know what is their i.lvl (Low I think but good players). However, I thought it would be fun to try this dungeon with these guys and in the end I received a nice reward from the chest: A Black Ice Beholder artifact! Unfortunately, I didn't record it. ;(
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So quick question: Most CWs I play with nowadays don't use Arcane Singularity at all, mostly because of the target cap, so is that point still relevant, about Spinning Strike-ing during the AS. Furthermore, what is the thought behind using Spinning Strike. Like at all. I'm curious mostly.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So quick question: Most CWs I play with nowadays don't use Arcane Singularity at all, mostly because of the target cap, so is that point still relevant, about Spinning Strike-ing during the AS. Furthermore, what is the thought behind using Spinning Strike. Like at all. I'm curious mostly.

Good CWs are still using Arcane Singularity. Regarding to the target cap, that's a thing of the past because the actual dungeons were reworked and often you will find groups of enemies up to 5 (maybe more in very specific situations). The thought about using Spinning Strike is simple, pure damage. However, Avalanche of Steel is great option too because you can start the fight with it, helping your teammates with a minor CC or helping youself avoiding death, it's very situational.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On arcane singularity, the biggest problem is not the target cap, but the 2 second cast time and that it negates Oppressive Force/Sudden Storm/Shard of Endless Advance. So if there is another CW in the party you will need to coordinate with them (need voice).

I just switched my GWF from IV/Destroyer to SM/Destroy using this guide. I'm impressed. SM drives me nuts (strange animations), and no single target marking skill, but the DPS is amazing. So thank you....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    On arcane singularity, the biggest problem is not the target cap, but the 2 second cast time and that it negates Oppressive Force/Sudden Storm/Shard of Endless Advance. So if there is another CW in the party you will need to coordinate with them (need voice).

I just switched my GWF from IV/Destroyer to SM/Destroy using this guide. I'm impressed. SM drives me nuts (strange animations), and no single target marking skill, but the DPS is amazing. So thank you....

Thanks for adding the information related to Arcane Singularity.

Yes, SM can be weird in the beginning until you get used to it. Sometimes, I miss Threatening Rush too and it forces me to use Sprint too much as gap closer but as you have mentioned, the DPS is amazing and is worth a lot more.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The biggest problem I find with Arcane Singularity is not just the cast time, but the activation time. It takes ages for it to pull the mobs into the center. During that time, the mobs are free to attack. A lot of other powers do not work as mentioned earlier, even if it is only 1 CW, you cannot do a singu/Shard combo like you can with OF/Shard or other powers. OF is a much better power because the cast time is almost immediate, maybe 0.5 sec cast time, no cap, daze affect is immediate.

Thanks to your guide, I am using my gwf that was a leadership alt as one of my mains. I now tend to bring my GWF a lot more than my CW as there are more CWs running around which I feel is a must have in a party for the rene buffs and control. The AoE damage is insane.

Still working on getting more crit as my current crit % is 66% with full weapon master stacks. So 30 % more crit to go! :(
  • Options
    malhavekmalhavek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    n/m. figured it out.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    malhavek wrote: »
    Hey lazaroth, thanks for your guide. When I click on the powers link, and then the feats tab, it shows all 0's.

Thank you for passing by. That link is only for Powers. The feats are in the second post of the guide.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know this is outside of the scope of this thread, but what do you think about the Instigator path?
  • Options
    loloxypwloloxypw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi, I am not from eu. And i dont agree with Mighty blade. I thing would be rational get Powerfull challenge and Student of the Sword. But i liked your "High crit" build.... pleases no yellow numbers in dmg) And one question... what a helmet ?)
This discussion has been closed.