test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leeroy Jenkins!!! The Legendary Hero that Neverwinter deserves! OP Class Guide

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    equ4lizer wrote: »
    This was the reason why I had to sold all my 7 greater tenebrous away a month ago, I could dish out way more damage stacking power or critical right now. My guess was this was working as intended, it might be way too powerful for them to be on each of their own cooldowns. :) however i heard the aura that reflect or dot enemies seems to proc them quite often.
    Well it's definitely something to look into then, particularly for PvP...

Anyone try it out on the test shard yet? :)
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2015
    Greetings all!

HERE is a link to a quick strategy guide/discussion for Grey Wolf Den, and the use of Banishment.

Below is the Banishment notes from that post:

Banishment: (60' Range, 15'Blast, 40s cooldown) You banish all targets in an AoE for 20 seconds. These foes are stunned and become invulnerable until the stun ends. This stun lasts 4 seconds on players.

Oathbound Paladin: Ok, so the trick with using Banishment in the final boss fight is to target the little Red Wolf when it comes out. The key is that it is immune to damage, and won't get in the way of attacks, to the other adds that you need/want to clear out while the main boss is under Geas. This power is also instrumental in going through the dungeon as if you select the right placing of bad guys you can buy your team a lot of time, overall, to kill other adds. Sometimes you want to hit the Elites (though that tends to have a shorter duration 5-10 seconds), but mostly it is great for taking out annoying 'Archer-type' adds while you beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the elite.

It requires a great deal of creativity on which adds to focus, however it is a superb skill to add to an OP's repertoire. I believe it will become a mainstay of my build, that's for sure... So start practicing! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    you might be interested in this

Via PM from Panda man himself in regards to Shield/Animation Canceling.

"We currently do not believe that this is a real issue as other classes can do similar things that look like animation cancelling but actually isn't."

"You will not get randomly banned for this"

quite a number of people threatened to have me banned for exploiting, simply because you can animation cancel and attack 2 times faster than normal
    edited May 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    you might be interested in this

Via PM from Panda man himself in regards to Shield/Animation Canceling.

"We currently do not believe that this is a real issue as other classes can do similar things that look like animation cancelling but actually isn't."

"You will not get randomly banned for this"

quite a number of people threatened to have me banned for exploiting, simply because you can animation cancel and attack 2 times faster than normal
    Well that's certainly good to know. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Sorry I don't get your choices for heroic feats. You waste points on Exemplar's Haste (-6% encounter cooldown) and skipped Divine Action (+5% AP per use of Divine Call) feat completely. How does that make any sense for Justice Path? With Justice you don't have to worry about cooldowns and you get free Divine Call charges once in a while. That's not very thought out, imho :p

Divine action is worthless.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mcmetal1 wrote: »

Care to explain why?
  • caladon2caladon2 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Care to explain why?

I specced this at one point and the ap gain from it is very weak compared to ap gain from relentlass or templars or any of your harder hitting encounters, so more encounters= more AP
  • invalidtarget7invalidtarget7 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok here what i want to know. Example..i have a t.fey and in pvp I am fighting 3 person together .So I siphon away each target 18% damage and transfer to me but it only happen 20 sec and will stop for another 20sec to let it proc again right

1) Like the situation above in pvp..Will my t.terror apply on 3 target or just only 1 target ? And how long can the terror last on the target ? Does it also has limited time like t.fey ?

2) I heard my guildmate said that T.terror can proc 100% with paladin vow of enmity .So that mean terror is always up on that particular target with vow of enmity ?

3) Does t.fey also proc with vow of enmity ?? U know if t.fey can really proc with vow than this power and this enchantment combine can be truly AWSOME..
    edited May 2015
    caladon2 wrote: »
    I specced this at one point and the ap gain from it is very weak compared to ap gain from relentlass or templars or any of your harder hitting encounters, so more encounters= more AP

And what stops you from using both encounters and divine call? :confused: Not to mention that some encounters don't give you AP at all or have too long cooldown to be used continuously. Some examples: vow of enmity, bane, circle of power.
    edited May 2015
    mcmetal1 wrote: »
    It's been nice in my build after spec'ing into it...

But too each, their own. :)

Ok here what i want to know. Example..i have a t.fey and in pvp I am fighting 3 person together .So I siphon away each target 18% damage and transfer to me but it only happen 20 sec and will stop for another 20sec to let it proc again right

1) Like the situation above in pvp..Will my t.terror apply on 3 target or just only 1 target ? And how long can the terror last on the target ? Does it also has limited time like t.fey ?

2) I heard my guildmate said that T.terror can proc 100% with paladin vow of enmity .So that mean terror is always up on that particular target with vow of enmity ?

3) Does t.fey also proc with vow of enmity ?? U know if t.fey can really proc with vow than this power and this enchantment combine can be truly AWSOME..
    Sorry bud, I don't know... I haven't PvP'd anywhere near enough to know these things. Might want to post these questions in the PvP forum, just an idea!
    va8Ru.gif
  • komanchiikomanchii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's been nice in my build after spec'ing into it...

But too each, their own. :)

I feel the same way with Divine Call, Lostmauth's neck, encounters and Corrupt Black Ice enchantments the AP recovery time can be quite good. Couple that with the fact 10% increased DR, 5% damage reflect, AND 35% increased damage and encounter cooldown when they fix the capstone, its too good to pass up!
    edited May 2015
    komanchii wrote: »
    I feel the same way with Divine Call, Lostmauth's neck, encounters and Corrupt Black Ice enchantments the AP recovery time can be quite good. Couple that with the fact 10% increased DR, 5% damage reflect, AND 35% increased damage and encounter cooldown when they fix the capstone, its too good to pass up!
    Oh man, I cannot wait till next week for the Capstone to be fixed... Gonna be super sweet! :)

Also, with this past patch, the Sigil of the Devoted now was a 60 second cooldown at Mythic level.

Hooooooooolllllyyyy Shiiiiiiiiiizzzzz is it awesome!!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That is the at-will "Cure Wounds" from the Oath of Devotion paragon path.
    ahh~ i see. thank you! xD gonna pick that path... that skill is too cute to ignore for me =3
    edited May 2015
    adisonmak wrote: »
    ahh~ i see. thank you! xD gonna pick that path... that skill is too cute to ignore for me =3
    It's a solid skill ya... :)

Aside from that, in the coming week or so, I'll be adding a write up on Banishment. My new favorite toy... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Excellent write-up, Leeroy. Love seeing so many people jumping on the OBP class and giving us insight. I'm finishing up some testing I'm doing myself to show people what I've done with my Justice Devotion healer (PRISM ALL THE TIME).

Also looking forward to your Banishment write-up, as I often struggle to find a place for it on my bar. Oh, and you should really look forward to that Capstone fix. Us Devotion types have been thoroughly enjoying it for quite some time now. It's awesome <3.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Care to explain why?

It gives barely any AP. With DC artifact and lostmouth there are far better things to put points into.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And what stops you from using both encounters and divine call? :confused: Not to mention that some encounters don't give you AP at all or have too long cooldown to be used continuously. Some examples: vow of enmity, bane, circle of power.

vow of enmity Give action point not much but only on trigger .

Encounter not giving action point :bane,circle of power, burning light,banishment,absolution
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited May 2015
    jondbx wrote: »
    It gives barely any AP. With DC artifact and lostmouth there are far better things to put points into.

No, there are no better things to invest to. Where would you rather put the 5 points then? Light's Shield for 2.5% DR? Tank paladin can easily can DR even without uing sanctuary and against things that 1 shot you anyways the 2.5% is meaningless. Or will you invest in Exemplar's Haste that give you 6% less recharge time for encounters? Meaningless for justice build. Or Wrathful Strikes for 6% at-will damage which is also meaningless as Paladin at-wills themselves are rather weak. So maybe Impassioned Pleas for 6% increased divine gain? Also meaningless as you gain free divine charges with Justice path. So maybe Divine Attunement for +6% healing? The only meanwhile healing a tank paladin will do is trough Cleaning Touch, which heals plenty enough as it is.

So no, there are no better options to spend the 5 points on. +5% AP per divine call is a LOT given that you don't need to do anything and can use it when your encounters are recharging. And as far as I know, DC artifact and lostmouth amulet don't guarantee a 100% uptime of Divine Protector or Shield of Faith and even with this heroic feat you may not have it either, but it comes really **** close.
    edited May 2015
    vow of enmity Give action point not much but only on trigger .

Encounter not giving action point :bane,circle of power, burning light,banishment,absolution

And btw, burning light gives AP.
  • asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like the spec but I went back to a bulwark/Light build because people are *****ing about prisem causing lag in WOD and Tiamat! once this gets fixed then I will probably go back to justice because I like it allot. . . its IMO best described as evasion tanking, the only thing I found was that it was slower soloing quests but I don't have the Crit that LJ has so that could be the dif
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, there are no better things to invest to. Where would you rather put the 5 points then? Light's Shield for 2.5% DR? Tank paladin can easily can DR even without uing sanctuary and against things that 1 shot you anyways the 2.5% is meaningless. Or will you invest in Exemplar's Haste that give you 6% less recharge time for encounters? Meaningless for justice build. Or Wrathful Strikes for 6% at-will damage which is also meaningless as Paladin at-wills themselves are rather weak. So maybe Impassioned Pleas for 6% increased divine gain? Also meaningless as you gain free divine charges with Justice path. So maybe Divine Attunement for +6% healing? The only meanwhile healing a tank paladin will do is trough Cleaning Touch, which heals plenty enough as it is.

So no, there are no better options to spend the 5 points on. +5% AP per divine call is a LOT given that you don't need to do anything and can use it when your encounters are recharging. And as far as I know, DC artifact and lostmouth amulet don't guarantee a 100% uptime of Divine Protector or Shield of Faith and even with this heroic feat you may not have it either, but it comes really **** close.

I went with Light's shield. With a mythic DC artifact and Lostmouth necklace I'm pretty much keep DP up all the time. 2.5% DR seems better than no AP.
    edited May 2015
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Excellent write-up, Leeroy. Love seeing so many people jumping on the OBP class and giving us insight. I'm finishing up some testing I'm doing myself to show people what I've done with my Justice Devotion healer (PRISM ALL THE TIME).
    Thanks mi amigo, happy to be of assistance! Looking forward to your Devotion write up... :)
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Also looking forward to your Banishment write-up, as I often struggle to find a place for it on my bar. Oh, and you should really look forward to that Capstone fix. Us Devotion types have been thoroughly enjoying it for quite some time now. It's awesome <3.
    It's a strategic ability, and super useful in some key fights/pulls. Not always on my slot, but it's usefulness shouldn't be denied. Best used when your on a voice client with your party, calling out which targets you used Banishment on, so the party can focus the others, etc.

Fun to use, but takes a lot of practice and I am no where near an expert with it yet! lol

asmose01 wrote: »
    I like the spec but I went back to a bulwark/Light build because people are *****ing about prisem causing lag in WOD and Tiamat! once this gets fixed then I will probably go back to justice because I like it allot. . . its IMO best described as evasion tanking, the only thing I found was that it was slower soloing quests but I don't have the Crit that LJ has so that could be the dif
    People can complain all they want... *shrugs*

'Evasion Tank' is a superb, and highly accurate, term for Oathbound Paladins. You're constantly moving, harrying the bad guys drawing/keeping their attention while your party lays the whoop-a$$ down on the bad guys! :cool:

Though a more accurate term is:

Harrier
    noun : a person who engages in persistent attacks on others or incursions into their land.
    va8Ru.gif
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the so called lag will be fixed on today's patch,

Regardless I call the justice tree a black hole destruction of nothingness. (so this is the only little resistance our enemies can put up...)
    Everyone got their own ways to describe their paladins.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    equ4lizer wrote: »
    the so called lag will be fixed on today's patch

Assuming you are referring to the prism lag, was the fix documented or did you test it? I didn't see it listed on the patch notes and praying it has been fixed.

Refraining from using my daily in dragon zones, fine but in a 5 man with another justice OP, prism still brings the instance to a crawl and hurts much more not being able to use a daily for the team.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Assuming you are referring to the prism lag, was the fix documented or did you test it? I didn't see it listed on the patch notes and praying it has been fixed.

Refraining from using my daily in dragon zones, fine but in a 5 man with another justice OP, prism still brings the instance to a crawl and hurts much more not being able to use a daily for the team.

They mentioned arcane singularity and others, it should be fixed as powers shouldn't be persisting anymore.

Performance and Stability
    •We have identified and resolved an issue that some powers could stick around indefinitely under certain conditions (Arcane Singularity and others) and over the course of a servers lifetime could begin to cause server performance issues.
    •We have made some server adjustments to Adventure Zone maps to help combat lag and rubberbanding.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • perv1kperv1k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Enchantments_zps8cnac0tq.png[/QUOTE]
    What shield that is?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    perv1k wrote: »
    Enchantments_zps8cnac0tq.png
    What shield that is?

Looks a identical to the free-transmute shield that comes in the Bahamut pack (Zen Market) with a dye applied to it - I don't know if it actually is, though.
    edited May 2015
    Looks a identical to the free-transmute shield that comes in the Bahamut pack (Zen Market) with a dye applied to it - I don't know if it actually is, though.
    Angrysprite is correct! :)

It's the Bahamut Pack Shield skin for the Oathbound Paladin, dyed in Winterwolf White (base), then Blue/Red for the primary/secondary spots. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • kolbathinkolbathin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Style over matter ftw :)

Nobody can fault us pallys for not pimping it up :)
  • eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Justice Tree is insanely strong, both in utility and dps. I'm a Devotion Paladin and there's literally no reason for me to go in the Light tree. There's nothing that requires the larger healing.

They really should rework the light tree and give it more utility buffs for the party. The capstone is cool though. :P