test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leeroy Jenkins!!! The Legendary Hero that Neverwinter deserves! OP Class Guide

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eyceaether wrote: »
    The Justice Tree is insanely strong, both in utility and dps. I'm a Devotion Paladin and there's literally no reason for me to go in the Light tree. There's nothing that requires the larger healing.

They really should rework the light tree and give it more utility buffs for the party. The capstone is cool though. :P
    But there is a reason to go light tree with prot paladin.
    Those tab heals are insane 1 tab =80-90 k hp.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    But there is a reason to go light tree with prot paladin.
    Those tab heals are insane 1 tab =80-90 k hp.

Ahh good point! I just love how flexible the tree is.

OH YEAH! It makes sense now. Looking at the feats and the capstone, if you're a tank those feats are amazing.

The thing I think is funny though, is that with Justice I can use my dailies 3-4 times within a 2-3 minutes or so... Its hilarious.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kolbathin wrote: »
    Style over matter ftw :)

Nobody can fault us pallys for not pimping it up :)
    Style and substance is the key, good sir... Style and substance! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • kolbathinkolbathin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Style and substance is the key, good sir... Style and substance! :cool:

Heh indeed. ;)
  • norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2015
    You said somewhere you went for Divine Action and I was wondering what was replaced by that. Could you update your feat image?. Or just type it in here but I guess it's gonna benefit everyone interested if it's gonna be on the front page. Just a thought.

Also, what are your thoughts on Shielding Strike?.

Thanks for the guide!.
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I honestly hadn't heard it doesn't work in PvE, if that's the case it definitely needs to be swapped out. Any link to a Bug Report, etc? Thanks!

From what I've heard from others and what I've experienced myself from using one, the cockatrice doesn't really seem to be that effective pve wise. The snare, if present at all, isn't noticeable enough to justify and active slot (there's a mention of it being bugged on the wiki page for the companion here, with reports of it not seeming to work in pve having been made in the bug report section here)

What are your thoughts on using the Dread Warrior companion instead for increased threat generation?
    Recovery isn't as necessary with the Justice tree, IMO, but it's never a bad thing... Overall, Power/Critical Strike are the best Offensive options once you reach 40% DR Ignored via Armor Penetration. Defensively, Defense/Deflection are the ones to look for. Currently only at about 13% Deflection, and I'd love to get that higher up to like 30%, but I'd need to look at all my gear again to see what I can do. Not trading out Radiant's for Silvery's in Defensive slots as Hit Points are too good for us! :)

Since you get so much "free" recovery/recharge speed from the justice tree couldn't you be able to drop the three points you have in the heroic feat Exemplar's Haste and instead put those towards Wrathful Strikes, Light's shield, or even Divine Action?
  • kolbathinkolbathin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just wanted to leave a comment about the guide.

AWESOME work mate keep it updated please for all the newcomers :)

Dont use it much myself since im running my own hybrid tank/dps spec, but you have done a AWESOME job with this here guide.

Thumbs up. :)
  • btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Great guide, will test it in a few days! Did you stick with divine action And did you update your guide? Don't want to reset and change everything to find out I forgot some good feature :D

edited May 2015
    You said somewhere you went for Divine Action and I was wondering what was replaced by that. Could you update your feat image?.
    I dropped my points, to increase Divine Action, in:

Examplar's Haste
    Wrathful Strikes

Also, what are your thoughts on Shielding Strike?.
    Shielding Strike is pretty meh... Slow animation, and the fact I like to be as mobile as possible, has me using Oath Strike and Radiant Strike as my At-wills.
    Thanks for the guide!.
    You're welcome bud! :cool:

From what I've heard from others and what I've experienced myself from using one, the cockatrice doesn't really seem to be that effective pve wise. The snare, if present at all, isn't noticeable enough to justify and active slot (there's a mention of it being bugged on the wiki page for the companion here, with reports of it not seeming to work in pve having been made in the bug report section here)
    I'll need to look into it then, many thanks for the reference on information!
    What are your thoughts on using the Dread Warrior companion instead for increased threat generation?
    Not sure it's really needed, but then again, it could be good... Worth testing out for sure!
    Since you get so much "free" recovery/recharge speed from the justice tree couldn't you be able to drop the three points you have in the heroic feat Exemplar's Haste and instead put those towards Wrathful Strikes, Light's shield, or even Divine Action?
    Put it into Divine Action, as mentioned just above this quote... :)

I'll be updating in a week or so when work calms down... lol

kolbathin wrote: »
    Just wanted to leave a comment about the guide.

AWESOME work mate keep it updated please for all the newcomers

Dont use it much myself since im running my own hybrid tank/dps spec, but you have done a AWESOME job with this here guide.

Thumbs up.
    Thanks man! *high five*

Keep on rocking! ;)

btfd wrote: »
    Great guide, will test it in a few days! Did you stick with divine action And did you update your guide? Don't want to reset and change everything to find out I forgot some good feature
    As yet no major update, but I have gone with Divine Action and I like it a great deal!

Also, thanks, I'll keep doing what I do best... :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • finarfinsfinarfins Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you should update your pictures on your 1st page of:

Gear - Feats
    edited May 2015
    finarfins wrote: »
    you should update your pictures on your 1st page of:

Gear - Feats
    As stated above, I'll be doing that in the coming weeks... Works been busy. ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just wanted to say a big thank you. I can't praise your build enough. I ran this build from level 14 upwards, started tweaking it a bit for my needs and such. I pvped from level 10 to 60, and found I was literally invulnerable with your recommendations and some of my own tweaks :P I rarely died, yet everyone else seemed to! Now at 70, I literally have a panzer tank. I made my OP into a dwarf, and forewent the charisma heroic feat, however, it seemed to work just as well! Would like to add you ingame if I could. Name's Icey Rayne@avengingangel93. Thank you for all your hard work!
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Is the blacksmith worth upgrading to purple or legendary? Last reports were that it was bugged and had a better active bonus at blue.
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for all your hard work!
    You're welcome, but really no thanks needed... Writing the guides helps me, as much as everyone else as it facilitates discussion and allows us all to improve!

Glad it worked in PvP, was designed for PvE, but Oathbound Paladin's are solid in both areas it would appear! ;)

chrcore wrote: »
    Is the blacksmith worth upgrading to purple or legendary? Last reports were that it was bugged and had a better active bonus at blue.
    Not sure if it's bugged between Blue and Purple, but I definitely don't see a need to upgrade it to Legendary... Unless, for some odd reason, you want it as your active companion. So ya, just leave it as is! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • kosrovkosrov Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    BIG THANK YOU for this very nice guide.

I see you are human, is that because the +feat Points are very good or more preference of looks ? Can you say what other races work ok please? im mostly interessted from pve point of view. thank you :)
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kosrov wrote: »

I see you are human, is that because the +feat Points are very good or more preference of looks ? Can you say what other races work ok please? im mostly interessted from pve point of view. thank you :)

Dragonborn actually worked quite well.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
    edited May 2015
    You're welcome... *high five* :)
    I've stuck with Human for the feats, but I don't think it's necessary for an effective Paladin...
    equ4lizer wrote: »
    Dragonborn actually worked quite well.
    Yep, Dragonborn are superb OP's also! :)
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2015
    Another Question... what did or would you chose for jewelery for belt, rings and neck? Action Point or Stamina?

• m1kl3nzm1kl3nz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi, I as wondering how's your ability score history, I mean how did you level up your points into con wis and cha.
  • whoamireallywhoamireally Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    m1kl3nz wrote: »
    Hi, I as wondering how's your ability score history, I mean how did you level up your points into con wis and cha.

I think he probably rolled

15 13 15 12 11 10
    (con, wis, cha, str, int, dex) as the base roll. He then put the +2 bonus from human racial in con.

then you would just put points in wisdom every time and put 3 in charisma and 2 in con.

this would give you.
    21 20 20 14 13 12
    (con, wis, cha, str, int, dex)

Note: It doesn't matter whether you roll the 13 in wisdom or charisma in this case.
  • norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2015
    What do you think about Seldarine set in this build?. Hit's exceeding 10% of max HP are not uncommon this mod and stats ain't so bad either. Could this work or would it lack something... relevant?.
  • drfattdrfatt Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2015
    This build is pretty solid in PvP. With full PvP armor set I'm purging everybody on the map. Like Statue of Liberty on steroids :)
    "All ppl complaining about paladins being immortals are undergeared players, who are thinking like young hussar officers - they want to slice the enemy with few hits and then to go for a drink."
    edited June 2015
    for ioun stone loyal defender rings?

• poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    for ioun stone loyal defender rings?

I would go with avenger if you can get them, better stats and you don't get the threat increase from the stone so its wasted.

I put those on my tank pets
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Another Question... what did or would you chose for jewelery for belt, rings and neck? Action Point or Stamina?

I know I'm not kolatmaster, but wanted to offer my opinion! If you have enough stamina gain, I would work on action point gain. Since tanks need to keep the bubble going as much as possible, every little helps.
    edited June 2015
    Greetings all, hope you are rocking well!

I'll have an update up in the coming week with a few tweeks to the build...

m1kl3nz wrote: »
    With the build you mention, I believe the base was 16/14/14, with +2 into Con and maxing that up all the way, with split points in Wis/Cha.

What do you think about Seldarine set in this build?. Hit's exceeding 10% of max HP are not uncommon this mod and stats ain't so bad either. Could this work or would it lack something... relevant?.
    I mean it could work, I haven't tested that particular set out, but I don't see it being a bad choice... Depending on the role you want to focus on. :)

drfatt wrote: »
    This build is pretty solid in PvP. With full PvP armor set I'm purging everybody on the map. Like Statue of Liberty on steroids :)
    I have yet to get my full set, but I'm working on it... And yea, it's surprisingly solid for PvP! :cool:

If you have enough stamina gain, I would work on action point gain. Since tanks need to keep the bubble going as much as possible, every little helps.
    100% accurate! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've been using the Seldarine set and it procs a lot, which makes me think it's not post mitigation. That said it's not a lot of healing, but it does add up pretty quickly.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited June 2015
    I've been using the Seldarine set and it procs a lot, which makes me think it's not post mitigation. That said it's not a lot of healing, but it does add up pretty quickly.
    Is it enough that it keeps you alive in times where it wouldn't have? Though I bet it's pretty sweet in PvP as all healing is pretty awesome there... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited June 2015
    Hey all!

Waiting for the Forum Migration to complete tomorrow (6/15), and I hope to have my update online before mid/end of this week! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    caught somebody on leaderboard on page 8 B)
    page8_zpsuabnfrkr.png
    Paladin Master Race