test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leeroy Jenkins!!! The Legendary Hero that Neverwinter deserves! OP Class Guide

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've been doing a few runs with Kolatmaster and he's a very solid Paladin. I recommend this guide to anyone interested in building a multipurpose tank, you will love it. :cool:
    Thanks Laz!

Always a pleasure to kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with a beast GWF like you... ;)

I readily endorse Laz as, easily, one of the best GWFs I've ever seen in this game. Period.

I know a bit about GWFs afterall, so it's a solid opinion I have! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just realised my build is very similar to yours LOL. in fact like 90% of the feats. :o;):)

This is how it helps my entire guild whenever I party with them.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry I don't get your choices for heroic feats. You waste points on Exemplar's Haste (-6% encounter cooldown) and skipped Divine Action (+5% AP per use of Divine Call) feat completely. How does that make any sense for Justice Path? With Justice you don't have to worry about cooldowns and you get free Divine Call charges once in a while. That's not very thought out, imho :p
    edited May 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Sorry I don't get your choices for heroic feats. You waste points on Exemplar's Haste (-6% encounter cooldown) and skipped Divine Action (+5% AP per use of Divine Call) feat completely. How does that make any sense for Justice Path? With Justice you don't have to worry about cooldowns and you get free Divine Call charges once in a while.
    I was under the impression, from the test forums and the bug reports, that the feat was not working. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
    That's not very thought out, imho :p
    Oh, but it was my friend... If it doesn't work, why waste points in it? :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2015
    equ4lizer wrote: »
    I just realised my build is very similar to yours LOL. in fact like 90% of the feats. :o;):)

This is how it helps my entire guild whenever I party with them.
    Great minds think alike, good sir! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • insanity842insanity842 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Divine Action works, but only infight. I highly recommend it to your build. :)
    edited May 2015
    I was under the impression, from the test forums and the bug reports, that the feat was not working. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Oh, but it was my friend... If it doesn't work, why waste points in it? :cool:

It very much works :) only in combat, of course
    edited May 2015
    It very much works :) only in combat, of course
    Ok that's a change from the preview server, which I tested on, can you show me versus the dummies in ToB/DR/IwD?

A video, or in game, is fine... I'm happy to evolve the build as necessary! :)
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2015
    Divine Action works, but only infight. I highly recommend it to your build. :)
    Ok 2nd confirmation is good... I will relook at it once I am back from a work trip! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • hoolifabhoolifab Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thnaks you very much for this build.

I'm sure it's a very nice build because you had already make a very nice guide with SW build.

So i will test it

Sorry for my bad english :D
    edited May 2015
    hoolifab wrote: »
    thnaks you very much for this build.

I'm sure it's a very nice build because you had already make a very nice guide with SW build.

So i will test it

Sorry for my bad english :D
    Thanks bud, hope you enjoy it! :)

No worries on the English, you did fine...
    va8Ru.gif
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Awesome guide! I used a similar feat selection for my healadin with slight variations due to being devotion path.

One slight nitpick as your wording for justice capstone could be interpreted 2 ways. The dmg bonus from it lasts for 10sec, the cooldown reduction instantly knocks 35% off your recharging powers, so if you want to you can pop all your divine call charges and fully recharge your encounters. It's also bugged the same way spell twisting is for CW in that it also reduces the cooldown of your artifacts.
    edited May 2015
    This will eventually be a PvP write up, though I readily admit I am not a PvP expert. It may have cameo appearances by some PvP friends thoughts and strategies, so stay tuned! :p

You really, REALLY need to rank that Cleansing Touch if you wanna PvP with your pally. It's the only CC break Pally has which breaks from ANY CC power including prones, heals you or your allies and gives you temp HP and has really short CD. That's my favorite defensive encounter, tbh :)
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I play devotion but also run justice spec. Was curious to your take on armor penetration and how much you think would be efficent.

I am currently at 25%.. which is considered low for this mod but am having a hard time stacking any more. I am still working on getting boons.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Great minds, it seems.

Another one running a Justice build here, although going into Bulwark secondary as opposed to light. The synergy and utility is just epic!

Weird things I've noticed:

When Echoes Of Light triggers and resets your Encounter cooldowns, you can actually run concurrent Binding Oaths, if you're lucky, which adds up to tanking hilarity when combined with Templar's Wrath and Divine Protector. Nigh-immunity to damage, even if it does take an absolute age to kill things...

Prism. This is *awesome*. Even more fun when you have a similarly specced Tankadin nearby - I discovered this weird feedback loop during the Battle For Mistral Point HE. I suspect both of us were running Sigil Of The Devoted - Hilarity ensued. Utterly immobile health bars...

Weaponwise, I'm running Holy Avenger for both theme and playing nice with groups, and Thunderhead because... it looks cool and I had one lying round.

All that's required now is to get myself all booned up and start running dungeons properly. I'm interested to see what I can do...
    Even more so when the capstone gets fixed. Then things get messy.
  • invalidtarget7invalidtarget7 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    May I know is Pure feytouched or Pure terror is better for pvp ? I am on protector path
  • jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Ok that's a change from the preview server, which I tested on, can you show me versus the dummies in ToB/DR/IwD?

A video, or in game, is fine... I'm happy to evolve the build as necessary! :)

From my own tests on preview before mod 6 went live, it never worked outside of combat.
  • viyroeviyroe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    is vengeful judge even working?

Nevermind...Confirmed...its not :(
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    one question. it's more of what i saw intrigued me and i find it cute yet funny at the same time. There is this one skill (i think) animation from paladin that i saw where he was in shield stance... and was like.... erm... (can't think of any other word than this) jerking the shield along with these chime sound effect... you know, like santa clause?... "ching ching ching" that kinda sound. It seems to capable of heal? (a wild guess coz whenever i saw this animation, i see green numbers)

may i know what skill is that?
  • komanchiikomanchii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    adisonmak wrote: »
    one question. it's more of what i saw intrigued me and i find it cute yet funny at the same time. There is this one skill (i think) animation from paladin that i saw where he was in shield stance... and was like.... erm... (can't think of any other word than this) jerking the shield along with these chime sound effect... you know, like santa clause?... "ching ching ching" that kinda sound. It seems to capable of heal? (a wild guess coz whenever i saw this animation, i see green numbers)

Was there a blue ring around them on the floor? Sounds like sanctuary
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    komanchii wrote: »

Yes, Sanctuary heals (with Devotion, I'm not sure about Protection version, yet) - I find when I am fighting a pair of Giants in Spaniard Rise that when I am low on health I can kite with Sanctuary up (and with my summoned Dedicate Squire companion) I heal-up from near zero to full within about four seconds. It also heals allies who are within the circle, too.

Sanctuary is really powerful, but it depends on the Paladin's Paragon: in Devotion I think it only gives 30% damage reduction, but a strong heal, where with Protection it gives 80% DR and not so much of a heal. I'm just not in game to confirm this right now - all I know is that Sanctuary is wicked-awesome (for me, anyway).
    edited May 2015
    Sorry for the delay in answering questions my friends, was away for the weekend on a work trip! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    komanchii wrote: »
    Yes, Sanctuary heals (with Devotion, I'm not sure about Protection version, yet) - I find when I am fighting a pair of Giants in Spaniard Rise that when I am low on health I can kite with Sanctuary up (and with my summoned Dedicate Squire companion) I heal-up from near zero to full within about four seconds. It also heals allies who are within the circle, too.

Sanctuary is really powerful, but it depends on the Paladin's Paragon: in Devotion I think it only gives 30% damage reduction, but a strong heal, where with Protection it gives 80% DR and not so much of a heal. I'm just not in game to confirm this right now - all I know is that Sanctuary is wicked-awesome (for me, anyway).

You two got it messed up, he isn't talking about Sanctuary

That is the at-will "Cure Wounds" from the Oath of Devotion paragon path.
    edited May 2015
    Awesome guide! I used a similar feat selection for my healadin with slight variations due to being devotion path.
    Thanks! :cool:

Devotion Path is still fun... I gotta say that running with 2x OP, one Devotion and the other Protection, is an interesting/fun thing to do!
    One slight nitpick as your wording for justice capstone could be interpreted 2 ways. The dmg bonus from it lasts for 10sec, the cooldown reduction instantly knocks 35% off your recharging powers, so if you want to you can pop all your divine call charges and fully recharge your encounters. It's also bugged the same way spell twisting is for CW in that it also reduces the cooldown of your artifacts.
    Well, as a Protection spec, I cannot honestly say I know exactly what the Capstone will actually do, however nice to have some insight from the Devotion side of things. Really hoping they are fixing it in this weeks patch!

You really, REALLY need to rank that Cleansing Touch if you wanna PvP with your pally. It's the only CC break Pally has which breaks from ANY CC power including prones, heals you or your allies and gives you temp HP and has really short CD. That's my favorite defensive encounter, tbh :)
    Cleansing Touch for PvP seems pretty much automatic, for sure... :)

When I am ready for some more PvP testing I'll go about and revamp my power choices and such. Right now just trying to grind out more Power Points... 700k experience is so rough though. Only have 3x 4th Power Points so far! lol
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    I play devotion but also run justice spec. Was curious to your take on armor penetration and how much you think would be efficent.

I am currently at 25%.. which is considered low for this mod but am having a hard time stacking any more. I am still working on getting boons.
    For ArmPen, personally with my Ioun Stone of Might, I shoot for 40ish % of Resistance Ignored. That allows me to do damage to normal adds, and I hope the rest of my party is able to debuff bosses down. :cool:

handofdonk wrote: »
    Great minds, it seems.
    Darn right sir! *high five*
    Another one running a Justice build here, although going into Bulwark secondary as opposed to light. The synergy and utility is just epic!
    Bulwark is also viability, particularly Martyr's Blood, would love to have that feat!
    Weird things I've noticed:

When Echoes Of Light triggers and resets your Encounter cooldowns, you can actually run concurrent Binding Oaths, if you're lucky, which adds up to tanking hilarity when combined with Templar's Wrath and Divine Protector. Nigh-immunity to damage, even if it does take an absolute age to kill things...
    I've never complained about stacking Binding Oath's, that's for sure! lol
    Prism. This is *awesome*. Even more fun when you have a similarly specced Tankadin nearby - I discovered this weird feedback loop during the Battle For Mistral Point HE. I suspect both of us were running Sigil Of The Devoted - Hilarity ensued. Utterly immobile health bars...
    I'll try and see what's up with that, but immobile health bars doesn't seem like a 'bad' thing per say... ;)
    Weaponwise, I'm running Holy Avenger for both theme and playing nice with groups, and Thunderhead because... it looks cool and I had one lying round.
    I think OP can run with any number of enchantments, particularly for utility. I like the Feytouched for the debuff to the opponents damage, I could care less about my own DPS. It's about keeping the bad guys doing less damage as much as possible!
    All that's required now is to get myself all booned up and start running dungeons properly. I'm interested to see what I can do...
    Even more so when the capstone gets fixed. Then things get messy.
    Good luck mi amigo! :D
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2015
    jharlis wrote: »
    From my own tests on preview before mod 6 went live, it never worked outside of combat.
    I'll be looking into it this week, cause more Action Points make LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) a happy man! :D

viyroe wrote: »
    is vengeful judge even working?

Nevermind...Confirmed...its not :(
    Ya, not working as yet... I believe GentlemanCrush acknowledged it last week, and said he put it on the fixes list. So hopefully we have a functioning capstone for the Justice tree soon!
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2015

I belive komanchii/angrysprite/greatweaponarmy were able to deduce the answer for you...

Hooorrrraaaaaaaaaay teamwork!!!

:cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2015
    I love me some Sanctuary, for sure... Just wish it was slightly more responsive. The delay can be a headache, but it still works well to press prior to animation of a CC attack, love doing that myself! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • invalidtarget7invalidtarget7 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kolatmaster ?? Pure feytouched or Pure terror for my paladin (pvp)

1)I personally likes the pure terror because of 40% decrease for enemy power and defence , but on the other hand i heard feytouched not only take away 18% damage and transfer to me...and can have 3 time ??? so does it mean 18% x 3 times = 54% damage to me from a single target ?
    edited May 2015
    Kolatmaster ?? Pure feytouched or Pure terror for my paladin (pvp)
    Can't say that I know exactly which one off hand... I'm using Feytouched though, so I suppose I'd recommend that one! lol
    1)I personally likes the pure terror because of 40% decrease for enemy power and defence , but on the other hand i heard feytouched not only take away 18% damage and transfer to me...and can have 3 time ??? so does it mean 18% x 3 times = 54% damage to me from a single target ?
    That I honestly don't know... I'm under the impression the intent is to just have 1x of the 18%, but if it's taking all the 18%'s and adding them together, that really makes it a tad absurd! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif