What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leeroy Jenkins!!! The Legendary Hero that Neverwinter deserves! OP Class Guide

kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
edited August 2015 in The Citadel
LATEST BUILD ON PAGE 6, 5TH POST DOWN!

Link is HERE!

Greetings all!

Since the launch of Mod 6, I've been working on a number of pet projects, and one of them is the returning of my roots... Kicking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and taking names!

That's right folks... The man, the myth, the legend of so many odd ball adventures, has returned to Neverwinter!

LEEROY JENKINS!!!

This is a Oath of Protection, Justice w/a splash of Light, Human Race, Oathbound Paladin build.

Here of some pictures of our awesomely Americanized hero!

Scenic%201_zpsabq0kyew.png
Scenic%203_zpsoxoft02v.png
Scenic%202_zps6n0mu4em.png
Scenic%204_zpsemxxwoml.png
va8Ru.gif
Post edited by kolatmaster on

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Current Gear:

Gear%20and%20Artifacts_zpsnfyvrly7.png

Notes: Still working on my full T2 set, and then collecting more Seals of the Protector to get to the Elven level of awesomeness. For the Neck slot I went a different route then many other OPs I have seen running around w/higher ACs, and that is to go for the Action Point gain of the Lostmauth's Horde Necklace. My Waist slot is the Greater Plated Band of Constitution cause HPs and +Con seem like generally good ideas for a OP, now don't they?

The Artifacts are led by your friend and mine, the Sigil of the Devoted. Followed by Sigil of the Oathbound Paladin, Sigil of the Great Weapon Fighter, and Heart of the Red Dragon. The Heart of the Red Dragon is pretty much a flex spot, and could be other artifacts, so feel free to adjust as you see fit!

Current Ability Scores w/o any buffs from pots/campfire/etc:

Base%20Stat%20Rolls_zpsdjxgieag.png

Current Stats, along w/Offense and Defense ratings, w/o any buffs from pots/campfire/etc:

unnamed%201%202_zpsz5paiwbg.pngunnamed_zpsfkcnid7p.png
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2015
    Sharandar Boons:

Sharandar_zpscyebeugg.png

Dread Ring Boons:

Dread%20Ring_zpswpikyscz.png

Icewind Dale Boons:

Icewind%20Dale_zps5awjxaa7.png

Tyranny of Dragon Boons:

Tyranny%20of%20Dragons_zpstbdxg56o.png
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2015
    Feats:

Feats_zpstmdakp72.png

Notes: The Heroic Tier can be suited to taste really. I went with 5/5 in Dominating Presence so that I'd be able to cover more area/allies with my Aura's. It's a personal taste, and just how I wanted to start out. It could change, but I'm enjoying it thus far. As I become more skilled in positioning, I may try without it, but I really like it for now.

The Justice Tree does have an issue with the Capstone not fully working with the Oath of Protection. The Devs have acknowledged that they are aware, so I hope to see it fixed in the coming weeks. I mean an additional 35% Damage and 35% Cool Down Reduction for 10 seconds seems flipping awesome, and will only make the build that much better.

The reason I chose Justice Tree is that I like the buffs that tree gives to the party in Movement/Recharge Speed increase, and it's ability to reset my own Cool Downs. The Light Tree is used to get Aura of Gifts, which is a supremely snazzy party buff for others who are near you. Frequently you'll have over 20k Power with your abilities and that means an additional 5k Power to others in your party. Who doesn't want the others to have an additional 12% Damage buff, right? lol

Powers:

Powers1_zps8yxhtjk4.png
    Powers2_zpsildcn2jc.png
    Powers3_zpscsb80u8z.png

Toolbar Load Out:

Now this is what makes the OP so interesting to play... I am constantly tailoring my load out to what my party needs on a given run/dungeon. Selection of offensive Aura's for teams that are lacking DPS, or switching to defensive Aura's as needed to protect the party.

My 'generic' load out for Dungeons, before adjustments, is as follows:

Aura of Wisdom / Aura of Courage / Heroism / Divine Protector / Templar's Wrath / Relentless Avenger / Binding Oath / Radiant Strike / Oath Strike

Aura of Wisdom: 20-25% recharge speed increase? Everyone will love you long time!

Aura of Courage: Everyone does more damage, yay team!

Heroism: For those times where shizz goes FUBAR'd and you need CC immunity.

Divine Protector: Lordy, lordy, lordy is this the bread and butter of the OP build! The key is to pop this prior to others engage bad guys, then you dive in to the biggest baddest mob and keep its attention, while your party slaughters the rest of the poor monsters who are trying to give them the bad touch. It's important to note your party needs to still dodge/avoid Red Zones, because if you go down there goes the fun! That being said, there will be times where the feedback obliterates you. Don't get frustrated, it's your job! I mean your LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) after all, right? lol

Templar's Wrath: So effing good. Spam it like your life depends on it... Because it does!

Relentless Avenger: Gap closer, damage dealer (AoE of sorts), CC by knocking annoying bad guys away, and then a taunt/aggro magnet? Shall I sign my soul away now? lol Though you should be careful, some parties may not enjoy the knockback, so make sure they know and you time your assaults well!

Binding Oath: Another aggro magnet, and helps the party live longer. Super sweet!

Radiant Strike: A gap closer At-Will and an AoE? Thank you sir, may I have another!?!?

Oath Strike: Hard taunt, and quick animation. Very nice, I like.
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2015
    Companions:

Companions_zpsdrx3kaje.png

Ioun Stone of Might: Stamina game is a sweet active bonus for an OP.

Blacksmith: Relecting all that damage you take as an aggro magnet? Duh!

Slyph: 50% Control Resistance is solid, particularly those times that you get caught without your Shift skill. Can be something else if ya want...

Rust Monster: Damage debuff to the attackers? Oh Em Gee!

Cockatrice: Cause I like to be annoying. ;)

PS - Check out the thematic names I gave to my friends! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2015
    General Thoughts and Strategy:

I'm going to paraphrase one of my Guildies (shout out to Halnerd, and his toon Warrick!) here:

"First, you need to reorient your purpose in the dungeon from 'Tank everything and hold all aggroi to more of a support role. You will see your damage drop from previous play styles, but the result will be fewer deaths for you and the party, as well as more success on boss fights. Let your allies rush the mobs with DP daily up to make them immune to damage. Next, you rush the biggest mob(s) and hold their attention away from the group. Your allies will quickly burn the adds without the need to dodge all the heavy hits from the elite mobs. The tank can easily mitigate or maneuver out of harms way against one or two slow elite mobs. When the adds are dead, burn the elites.

When you are shifting to a boss fight, the strat is really the same. Tank the boss away from group. Allies burn down adds. Then you all focus the boss. Remember that you need to keep Divine Protector up at all times to allow your allies to do their work without harm. Give it a shot and let me know if you can make this strat work for you. Remember also that your role is not to tank everything at once, so avoid using AoE taunts or TAB without specific need. If you end up pull all of the aggro the strat is less effective.
    "

I've personally found the OP to be unlike any other toon in Neverwinter thus far... You really have an answer for everything the bad guys throw at you...

Defensive buffs? Done.
    Offensive buffs? Done.
    Team utility? Done.
    Healing? Done.
    Survivability? Done.
    Respectable DPS? Done.
    CC? Done.
    Threat management? Done.
    Active/Dynamic gameplay? Done.

You put the TOOL in 'Toolbox'. Embrace your role as the savior of your party, be the Annoy-a-tron of your enemies, and release your inner LEEROY JENKINS(!!!), and have a blast playing this game! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2015
    Almost forgot this...

Enchantments:

Currently I am rocking Negation for my Armor slot, and Feytouched for my Weapon slot.

Negation: I think this is, rather easily, the best tanking enchantment Neverwinter has ever seen. Increase DR, increased cool downs, and increased healing, at max level is simply sublime.

Feytouched: Massive damage debuff for your enemies, and a great damage buff for you, this is the new hotness for tanking, IMO. Also it's PINK and does Psychic Damage! You get to eff your opponents minds and blind them at the same time!

Remember, real men/women kill their enemies with PINK! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2015
    Some more shameless self-promotion with how LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) looks with his enchantments! :cool:

Enchantments_zps8cnac0tq.png
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2015
    This will eventually be a PvP write up, though I readily admit I am not a PvP expert. It may have cameo appearances by some PvP friends thoughts and strategies, so stay tuned! :p
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2015
    Not sure what this will be... Maybe more pictures? You want more, let me know! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good I'm ready for an OP build. Almost to 70!
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
    edited April 2015
    Good I'm ready for an OP build. Almost to 70!
    Well it's up, so feel free to review it and ask any questions! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • sentineltitaniasentineltitania Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Erm... you might want to fix this in the powers section

You've got Warlock powers instead of Paladin

Powers3%20NW6_zpsjvdmzi8j.png
    edited April 2015
    Erm... you might want to fix this in the powers section

You've got Warlock powers instead of Paladin
    Fixed. :)

lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well...lmao! Finally a class for a typical "Let's do this!" :D Did you move permanently to OP now?
    edited April 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Well...lmao! Finally a class for a typical "Let's do this!" :D
    It is... PERFECT!!! :D
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Did you move permanently to OP now?
    I use my OP if my Guild need a Tank, and SW if my Guild needs DPS. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for share
    edited April 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    Thanks for share
    No problem at all, it's part of growing as a player... Sharing information, and learning from each other. :)

haha good job man

- AP gain exploiting? Done ( its like you said, DP up at all times )
    Nowhere do I say Divine Protector is up all the time. I state you should pop it before your party engages, and I do use the Sigil of the Devoted as much as possible. Looking forward to getting it eventually to Legendary.
    - buggy weapon enchant exploit? Done
    Not following, sorry... *shrugs*
    Jokes aside, your build is quite good, quite good indeed since it happens to be almost exactly like mine ( neck slot too ;) ). I have a sneaking suspicion that the devs left Justice capstone broken for Protection on purpose to avoid pvp rage..we'll see
    I do think once it's fixed the Capstone will be ama-za-balls, that's for sure... Not enough testing in PvP, not even close, on my end to make a knowledgeable statement there.
    On a side note, I really mourn the loss of the Profound Plate armor (GF). I was hoping to dress my Paladin in it since its the be(a)st looking one imo :(
    The OP is lacking in armor variety honestly... I'm using the Armor of the Impenetrable Bastion set for look. Though I'd be pleased for a heavier suit of full plate. Not a huge fan of the winged/Pegasus look, but that's just me.

I do like the Draconic Armor fashion set, and the Shield of Bahamut is so sweet looking! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is more-or-less the build I'm working towards, although with pauper gear. I have slightly different power/feat picks but the core build is the same. Loving the gameplay of a Justice Protadin. Oh - and it works really well as a solo/questing build with a combat companion out as they count as an ally for the feats and powers that require them. Since I'm poor I don't have the epic range that you have but I'm finding that even Blue/Green companions (I cycle between the Erinyes and the Storm Rider) can do some serious damage when buffed by a Palladin.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • h478hmjd9h3drh478hmjd9h3dr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First of all, thanks for taking your time writing this. Im preparing a guide for OP tank also.

Now..

Nowhere do I say Divine Protector is up all the time. I state you should pop it before your party engages, and I do use the Sigil of the Devoted as much as possible. Looking forward to getting it eventually to Legendary.

Oh but you did.
    General Thoughts and Strategy:Remember that you need to keep Divine Protector up at all times to allow your allies to do their work without harm.

Without the AP exploit you will have a hard time keeping DP up all time. And yeah.. also feytouch is bugged.

Your power choices are similar to mines, but im not using same enchanments and not the same feats.

I'm only missing the helm to finish my t2 armor. Once i have it all, i will finish my writeup.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi, thanks for sharing, I use a very similar build, altough I'm having som dps feat since the leveling. I like the path because echoes of light seems to procc a lot. I miss the capstone reduction, with that fixed, it will be awesome. It's Templar's wrath, that keeps me alive.
    What is the reason of the higher wisdom? I went with con-cha, cr resist, bonus, healing does not seems that good.
    Which offhand feature do you use? I like the aura of wisdom.
    How much aura gifts procs? My party usually does not want to be in my aura for 6 secs. I guess it can be good at bosses, like in SOT. Btw Sot tanking so much easier with OP.
    Is cockatrice working fine in PVE? I was told, that it only works in Open pvp.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    blazious11 wrote: »
    What is the reason of the higher wisdom? I went with con-cha, cr resist, bonus, healing does not seems that good.
    Control Bonus/Resist isn't completely useless - Templar's Wrath and Burning Light are both Control powers. Bonus healing affects self-healing from Sanctuary and other powers. But the main reason is the 1% Crit Chance for every point over 10.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited April 2015
    This is more-or-less the build I'm working towards, although with pauper gear. I have slightly different power/feat picks but the core build is the same. Loving the gameplay of a Justice Protadin. Oh - and it works really well as a solo/questing build with a combat companion out as they count as an ally for the feats and powers that require them. Since I'm poor I don't have the epic range that you have but I'm finding that even Blue/Green companions (I cycle between the Erinyes and the Storm Rider) can do some serious damage when buffed by a Palladin.
    Having a non-Augment companion is definitely a good way to go for soloing content. The Aura's are super sweet on some. I would suggest a Striker/Leader of sorts, as I do not really see a reason for a Defender. Looks like you're well on your way to rocking the OP though, keep on rocking bud! :)

Now..

Oh but you did.
    Missed that sentence, and to clarify, it was meant to read as: Keep it up as often as possible. Hence my use of the Sigil of the Devoted artifact in my main slot!
    Without the AP exploit you will have a hard time keeping DP up all time.
    Your using semantics, and cherry picking a quote, to insinuate I am using an exploit?

Cool story bro, thanks for the support! :cool:
    And yeah.. also feytouch is bugged.
    Okey dokey. Is there a Bug Report I missed seeing? If so, feel free to link it, I'd like to see it to see what's up/wrong with my Glowing Pink Sword of Doom! ;)
    Your power choices are similar to mines, but im not using same enchanments and not the same feats.

I'm only missing the helm to finish my t2 armor. Once i have it all, i will finish my writeup.
    Why wait for the complete T2 Armor Set? Just get the guide up, having more information/opinions is a good thing. At least that's how I see it... lol

Hi, thanks for sharing,
    No problem at all, my pleasure!
    I use a very similar build, altough I'm having som dps feat since the leveling. I like the path because echoes of light seems to procc a lot. I miss the capstone reduction, with that fixed, it will be awesome. It's Templar's wrath, that keeps me alive.
    Hoping it gets fixed ASAP... lol
    Just cause I like an even spread of main stat scores. No real specific build reason, and different stat scores are definitely viable.
    Which offhand feature do you use? I like the aura of wisdom.
    I like Aura of Wisdom also... I switch it a bunch, still testing it out really. Many of them are really good!
    How much aura gifts procs?
    My party usually does not want to be in my aura for 6 secs. I guess it can be good at bosses, like in SOT. Btw Sot tanking so much easier with OP.
    That's part of the reason why I put points into Dominating Presence, so that my allies will have more room to maneuver. It seems to proc a lot, and my Guildies love it!
    Is cockatrice working fine in PVE? I was told, that it only works in Open pvp.
    I honestly hadn't heard it doesn't work in PvE, if that's the case it definitely needs to be swapped out. Any link to a Bug Report, etc? Thanks!

Control Bonus/Resist isn't completely useless - Templar's Wrath and Burning Light are both Control powers. Bonus healing affects self-healing from Sanctuary and other powers. But the main reason is the 1% Crit Chance for every point over 10.
    twilightwatchman has the right of it!

Though I still like having at least 10% in all main stats, just a habit I have when I test builds. No complaints so far! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    We have the same build, very efficient :)
    edited April 2015
    jharlis wrote: »
    We have the same build, very efficient :)
    *high five*

Just wait until we actually have a functional Capstone! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi, Yeah that looks great. Awesome pink sword of doom! I had went devotion just to be different from other guys in my guild. Other than that we pick a lot of the same feats, I just focused on justice more than light. The justice capstone is AMAZING and even though I didn't focus my stats into wisdom, I still did a great deal of healing! I decided to PVP (something I hated doing as an SW/GWF), It was amazing to see how formidable the OP really is! Sure, I couldn't really kill anything, but those buffs are insane! I might go prot/justice or prot/light in the future, but I'll wait til the capstone gets sorted out. Really great build!

Oh and I don't use the DC arti currently, but I can safely say, AP generation is not hard to do at all. so yes, this build is still viable.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    *high five*

Just wait until we actually have a functional Capstone! lol
    Yeah, my thought precisely, we're already good without, we'll be beast the century it'll work! ( no, im not optimist at all >_>)
    edited April 2015
    Hi, Yeah that looks great. Awesome pink sword of doom!
    Thanks bud! Yea, Pink Sword of Doom for the win! lol
    I had went devotion just to be different from other guys in my guild. Other than that we pick a lot of the same feats, I just focused on justice more than light. The justice capstone is AMAZING and even though I didn't focus my stats into wisdom, I still did a great deal of healing!
    Grats on the Capstone working, slightly jealous! :p
    I decided to PVP (something I hated doing as an SW/GWF), It was amazing to see how formidable the OP really is! Sure, I couldn't really kill anything, but those buffs are insane! I might go prot/justice or prot/light in the future, but I'll wait til the capstone gets sorted out.
    Any insights you have on PvP, even from a Devotion spec, I'm interested in hearing/reading so throw them up!
    Really great build!
    Thanks again... :o
    Oh and I don't use the DC arti currently, but I can safely say, AP generation is not hard to do at all. so yes, this build is still viable.
    Sigil of the Devoted is the bees knees, definitely recommend it!

jharlis wrote: »
    Yeah, my thought precisely, we're already good without, we'll be beast the century it'll work! ( no, im not optimist at all >_>)
    I'm in the same boat as you buddy... Full steam ahead for the U.S.S. OP Awesomeness! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Soul forged armor enchant is also decent, since if you die it's very unlikely that you will get rezed fast enough. As for powers, banishment is also pretty good good and burning light (boost ur healing received by 100% when emitting the light) if you ever get low on HP this will make healing you a lot easier.
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    Soul forged armor enchant is also decent, since if you die it's very unlikely that you will get rezed fast enough. As for powers, banishment is also pretty good good and burning light (boost ur healing received by 100% when emitting the light) if you ever get low on HP this will make healing you a lot easier.
    Soulforged is a viable option, for sure. Though I feel Negation will keep you alive more times then Soulforged would revive you in a Dungeon run. Hope that makes sense, not sure I explained it correctly... lol

I need to experiment with Banishment a bit more honestly. Still need to get the hang of it, but I definitely see how it is supposed to work and I agree there are definitely times it would be useful.

Burning Light, I believe, is mediocre at Level 70. Just simply better options, such as Templar's Wrath, etc.

Thanks for the input, keep it coming! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've been doing a few runs with Kolatmaster and he's a very solid Paladin. I recommend this guide to anyone interested in building a multipurpose tank, you will love it. :cool:
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance