test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leeroy Jenkins!!! The Legendary Hero that Neverwinter deserves! OP Class Guide

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    burkaanc wrote: »
    caught somebody on leaderboard on page 8 B)
    page8_zpsuabnfrkr.png
    *high five*

Well done good sir! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    just saw u in PE - why the soulforged, is it better than negation ?

and arent u short on arp with all that resto set, or u are just testing smth? resto has better stats but i feel i might be missing ARP, or PF is enough ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Where's the guide? I can only see some images.

Strange, but now it works. May be due to issues with the forum or due to installing and using a different style.
    Post edited by fdsakhfduewhfiuf on
    edited August 2015
    Hey all!

Long awaited update, is just in time for Mod 7: Strongholds which drops on 8/11... :)

I am super amped for it, and figured I'd finally get around to sharing what I've had together for a while now.

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%2015_zpsxs3xorxh.png
    Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%205_zpszbhh8uc3.png
    Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%204_zpsh3zixufx.png

Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
    edited August 2015
    Current Gear:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%206_zpskby4qtzf.png

Current Ability Scores w/o any buffs from pots/campfire/etc:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%207_zps5wj1ouno.png

Current Stats, along w/Offense and Defense ratings, w/o any buffs from pots/campfire/etc:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%2016_zpsbz67abop.pngLeeroy%20Aug%208-6%2017_zpst1u4xwut.png

va8Ru.gif
    edited August 2015
    Sharandar Boons:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%209_zpstxprrvyy.png

Dread Ring Boons:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%2010_zpsadg6pe5o.png

Icewind Dale Boons:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%2011_zpsgl5a04wj.png

Tyranny of Dragon Boons:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%2012_zpsjm4rskuq.png
    va8Ru.gif
    edited August 2015
    Feats:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%208_zpsywxiezbj.png

Powers:

image%202_zpstdierak2.png
    image%203_zpssw1aurai.png
    image%204_zpsz5megsp1.png

Toolbar Load Out:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%2020_zpsktptgvex.png

My 'generic' load out for Dungeons, before adjustments, is as follows:

Aura of Wisdom / Aura of Courage / Divine Judgement / Divine Protector / Templar's Wrath / Binding Oath / Circle of Power / Radiant Strike / Valorous Strike

Aura of Wisdom: 20-25% recharge speed increase? Everyone will love you long time!

Aura of Courage: Everyone does more damage, yay team!

Divine Judgement: For those times where you just want to lay down the light of justice on the butts of the bad guys!

Divine Protector: Lordy, lordy, lordy is this the bread and butter of the OP build! The key is to pop this prior to others engage bad guys, then you dive in to the biggest baddest mob and keep its attention, while your party slaughters the rest of the poor monsters who are trying to give them the bad touch. It's important to note your party needs to still dodge/avoid Red Zones, because if you go down there goes the fun!

Particularly since this build is a tad more interested in DPS, as people having geared up from Mod 6, it allows you to be a bit more out there...

That being said, there will be times where the feedback obliterates you. Don't get frustrated, it's your job! I mean your LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) after all, right? lol

Templar's Wrath: So effing good. Spam it like your life depends on it... Because it does! Honestly the Temporary HPs really allow you to YOLO stuff, or allows for your bacon to be saved at the right moment.

Binding Oath: Another aggro magnet, and helps the party live longer. Super sweet!

Circle of Power: This gives you 30% more DPS while you stay in it, and a gives you 30% more Damage Reduction, which helps with your Binding Oath.

One little trick is that you can even take a few steps out and the glow will follow you. Which allows you to have an even larger area of effect, and even dive out with Radiant Strike and then walk back in. Make sure you pay attention to your glowing blue footprints, as when they disappear so does the increased DPS!

Binding Oath: Another aggro magnet, and helps the party live longer. Super sweet! It's at 2 pips (Power Points) as working with Teal'c, it was determined that the 4 Seconds seems to be the best more maximizing party safety, while keeping you alive also!

Radiant Strike: A gap closer At-Will and an AoE? Thank you sir, may I have another!?!?

Valorous Strike: Valor: Damage Resistance is increased by 5% for 15 seconds. Does not stack. The added DR is good, particularly for Binding Oath moments, it is a little slower then Oath Strike, but it does close gaps a bit as you swing forward.
    va8Ru.gif
    edited August 2015
    Companions:

Leeroy%20Aug%208-6%2013_zpszkqqivdz.png

Zhentarim Warlock: This companion can be summed up with this...

uQg4I.jpg?fb

The zero second cool down on the Zhentarim Warlock's Eldritch Blast is simply amazing to trigger the Bonding Runestones. Try it, you'll like it! ;)

Death Slaad: You use your At-Will's a lot, so this guy is a solid DPS boost... Particularly with Radiant Strike's AoE!

Earth Archon: Surprisingly you are at full health quite a bit, particularly with your ability to have Temporary HPs up almost constantly!

Air Archon: I mean, what bad guy stays at full health for very long, right? lol

Jagged Dancing Blade: This is a flex spot, though I think it adds a bit, particularly with the Zhentarim Warlock's constant attacking.

PS - Check out the thematic names I gave to my friends!
    va8Ru.gif
    edited August 2015
    Enchantments:

Currently I am rocking Negation for my Armor slot, and Feytouched for my Weapon slot.

Negation: I think this is, rather easily, the best tanking enchantment Neverwinter has ever seen. Increase DR, and soon with Mod 7: Increased cool downs, and increased healing, at max level is simply sublime! :smiley:

Feytouched: Massive damage debuff for your enemies, and a great damage buff for you, this is amazing for tanking, IMO. Also it's PINK and does Psychic Damage! You get to eff your opponents minds and blind them at the same time!

Remember, real men/women kill their enemies with PINK! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
    edited August 2015
    General Thoughts and Strategy:

So you can see by my update that I am 100% in the Justice Tree, this a pure PvE spec. It's designed to do well in group and solo content. Stem the Tide is the real solo winner here, though when I solo I tend to not use my Ally companion, and use the Augment ones. So this can be something else if you want!

The feats of Beacon of Hope and Prism are there to trigger the Burning Guidance Boon. Now, this build does not seem to slow everything to a crawl as some the other Paragon Path might. The Burning Guidance Boon is there to supplement your DPS, and assist the party to kill things faster, not to stop time! lol

Basically you keep Divine Protector up 24/7 using it right before combat, and then utilize the standard rotation of:

Divine Call + Radiant Strike + Templar's Wrath + Binding Oath + Circle of Power + Radiant Strike/Valorous Strike + Divine Call
    va8Ru.gif
    edited August 2015
    image%201_zpsllpnzo9u.png

^^^ Newest color scheme, what do you think? :)
    va8Ru.gif
    what do u think about armor reinforcement, hp arp or crit, i want all :D hp is one of the best stats for OP, ArP is most effective stats and crit is just nice for those increased mob hp
    Paladin Master Race
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    Which Final Tyranny of Dragon boon(s) did you go with?
    what do u think about armor reinforcement, hp arp or crit, i want all :D hp is one of the best stats for OP, ArP is most effective stats and crit is just nice for those increased mob hp
    Honestly, I think all of those are viable...

On my armor I went HP, and on my rings/neck/belt I went Stamina Gain, though I can see it going to AP Gain also... Crit and ArmPen are also viable. It really should be tailor suited to the gear level/enchantments you have access too. Put in what you have access too, and then when you have that all set see what you're missing and min/max to your hearts content from that point forward. :)
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Which Final Tyranny of Dragon boon(s) did you go with?
    I went with the +5% Crit Severity. None of the others really stood out to me, though if I was PvPing, I'd probably take the 3% Lifesteal Boon.

Hope you have an update for this sometime this week! :)

va8Ru.gif
    Honestly, I think all of those are viable...

On my armor I went HP, and on my rings/neck/belt I went Stamina Gain, though I can see it going to AP Gain also... Crit and ArmPen are also viable. It really should be tailor suited to the gear level/enchantments you have access too. Put in what you have access too, and then when you have that all set see what you're missing and min/max to your hearts content from that point forward. :)

atm it seems better to save those 800k+ and wait for next mod :D

it seems like its crit vs hp since i have 5.1k arp and will get more when i swap last ring on pet to avenger, but while hp seems to be nice for personal damage and pvp, in group pve its tempHP generation that is the most important, hp gets u 1shot anyway, while 300k temphp will keep u safe and crit+ arp helps more there
    Paladin Master Race
    Well I finally updated!

Comments and constructive criticism, please fire away! :blush:
    va8Ru.gif
  • blakenfestblakenfest Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Thank you for the update. A couple of questions/comments:

1- you've made quite a direction change from your original build, but you didn't post (or maybe I missed it) any discussion around why? I will make some assumptions from my own experience but please correct me if i'm wrong:
    - OP tank and its abilities offer enough survivability, at higher ilvl, you change your focus to offensive. Your boons are almost 100% flip flopped from where they were, your stat allocation seems to favor crit/recovery/dps as again, pretty indestructible with the encounters alone.
    - with 4 pip DP, you really don't need to put emphasis on any heals because with DP up full time, heals are hardly needed
    - You seem to be stacking crit, but you staid with Feytouched as opposed to Vorpal - please comment.
    - Companion - very surprised by no augment companion. I find that a true companion dies too much when i'm tanking. Then again, yours is legendary and maybe that is a noticeable difference?
    - Burning light - while i've started going away from it, i'm surprised to see more people don't use it. at lower ilvl, anything to stop the damage would seem to be nice, but with circle of power down, higher DR, simply not needed?
    - Experience - what is your secret for experience? I have 2 skills I can get to level 4, you have quite a few more! i slot azures in utility but even then it is a struggle.
    - Cosmetics - no one can hold a candle to you cosmetically. Lookin LIKE A BOSS!

Thanks for the writeup and I am interested in your feedback.
    blakenfest wrote: »
    Thank you for the update.
    You're welcome bud! :)
    A couple of questions/comments:
    Coolio, fire away....
    1- you've made quite a direction change from your original build, but you didn't post (or maybe I missed it) any discussion around why? I will make some assumptions from my own experience but please correct me if i'm wrong:
    I'll chime in line, but it is a fairly drastic reversal... For sure.
    - OP tank and its abilities offer enough survivability, at higher ilvl, you change your focus to offensive. Your boons are almost 100% flip flopped from where they were, your stat allocation seems to favor crit/recovery/dps as again, pretty indestructible with the encounters alone.
    100% correct. I am Item Level 3485, which is definitely on the higher side of the spectrum. I focused on getting my Artifacts to Mythic, and my Enchantments to Transcendant over the stat increases of Runestones. I have Rank 10s there, still high, but not maxed out. I also only have the single Legendary Artifact Equipment, so there is that also...

I'd say closer to the high 2000s an OP can start experimenting with trying to go more offensive, particularly if they are in a Guild/group of friends that they know can trust. By this I mean, don't stand in the red when the OP has Divine Protector up! No matter how defensive you are, you will still get overloaded!

Either way, once you reach that point you can still protect the party, and do respectable DPS. :)
    - with 4 pip DP, you really don't need to put emphasis on any heals because with DP up full time, heals are hardly needed
    Exactly, and/or with a good DC in the party also.
    - You seem to be stacking crit, but you staid with Feytouched as opposed to Vorpal - please comment.
    Crit, when you naturally have high Power, is the better offensive stat even if you're not using Vorpal.

Check out Kaelec's awesome explanation HERE.

It's a dense, but extremely helpful read!
    - Companion - very surprised by no augment companion. I find that a true companion dies too much when i'm tanking. Then again, yours is legendary and maybe that is a noticeable difference?
    The Warlock has been fine by me... With Divine Call, and Binding Oath, you really hold the attention of bad guys. Sure, the little bugger dies sometimes, but as a Ranged Striker she generally stays a safe distance.

The Binding Runestone is almost always at 3 stacks within a few seconds of a combat, and thus you have a higher uptime of more Stats.

Basically at 0-1 you have less stats then a Augment Companion, and at 2-3 Stacks you have more Stats then an Augment companion. 2-3 Stacks are up almost instantly, within a few seconds, every combat.

Overall you spend more time with 2-3 Stacks, then not, and therefore you benefit more from the Zhentarim Warlock, then with a Augment Companion.
    - Burning light - while i've started going away from it, i'm surprised to see more people don't use it. at lower ilvl, anything to stop the damage would seem to be nice, but with circle of power down, higher DR, simply not needed?
    Its the fact it's build up time is so slow, and the fact I don't want to replace Templar's Wrath/Binding Oath/Circle of Power for it, just no room IMO.

Maybe if there is an encounter where interrupting the bad guys matters more? Then I'd cycle out Circle of Power for it....
    - Experience - what is your secret for experience? I have 2 skills I can get to level 4, you have quite a few more! i slot azures in utility but even then it is a struggle.
    I just play the game alot... Grind, grind, grind. lol
    - Cosmetics - no one can hold a candle to you cosmetically. Lookin LIKE A BOSS!
    Thanks! I try to keep it fresh and so flavor flav! :smiley:
    Thanks for the writeup and I am interested in your feedback.
    You're welcome! I appreciate the questions, as it helps me refine the build and even learn new things!
    va8Ru.gif
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    awesome update, thanks, love to see solid updates and adjustments made to an already <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> character. Still can't beat the awesomeness of a butt kicking Pro Justice tank and spank, in true LEEROOOYY JENKINNSSS mode ! cheers m8
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    Great guide.. I also have a couple of questions more related to the solo'ing aspect.
    1. Does Beacon of Hope heal yourself? or do nothing when solo? or even in a group does it heal you at any point?
    2. Does the beacon of hope / prism / burning guidance combo deal burning guidance damage
    a) when you and everyone around you is full hitpoints (I heard it still procs even though its not healing because it is attempting to heal anyways?)
    b) If you are solo. (which kinda comes from the answer of question #1)
    3. What helm is your new helm? =P
    omgitszeph wrote: »
    awesome update, thanks, love to see solid updates and adjustments made to an already <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> character. Still can't beat the awesomeness of a butt kicking Pro Justice tank and spank, in true LEEROOOYY JENKINNSSS mode ! cheers m8
    Thanks mang!

The build really does the best impression, that I've seen to date, of:

tumblr_mblh2mGjue1qz8x31o1_400.gif

I mean, you can still get one shot, that's going to happen when you run in as the namesake. Though Divine Protector still works while your dead (up to it's time limit!) so you can take your time on getting rez'd by a teammate! ;)
    Great guide..
    Many thanks!
    I also have a couple of questions more related to the solo'ing aspect.
    Sure, fire away...
    1. Does Beacon of Hope heal yourself? or do nothing when solo? or even in a group does it heal you at any point?
    I do not believe it does heal you, as "Ally" should be anyone but you, though that should include your Active Companion! So definitely more of a group buff...
    2. Does the beacon of hope / prism / burning guidance combo deal burning guidance damage?
    Anyone who gets healed, I do believe it can proc Burning Guidance. I've spoken to many others in game, and from my own in game testing it does. However, if anyone knows for certain otherwise, I'd love to know!
    a) when you and everyone around you is full hitpoints (I heard it still procs even though its not healing because it is attempting to heal anyways?)
    Correct, that is my understanding, exactly. :)
    b) If you are solo. (which kinda comes from the answer of question #1)
    Not if Solo, though with an Active Companion it seems to work.
    3. What helm is your new helm? =P
    New Helm is the Blue Level class PvP gear from the PvP vendor... Should be like 4k Glory I think?
    va8Ru.gif
    atm it seems better to save those 800k+ and wait for next mod :D
    Next Mod is super close... We'll see, but I'm ready for it! :)

va8Ru.gif
  • jack69assjack69ass Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    What is that yellow/gold dye?? its flowing with "HOLY WARRIOR" looks!
    jack69ass wrote: »
    What is that yellow/gold dye?? its flowing with "HOLY WARRIOR" looks!
    It is the Blessed Gold Dye Pack with some black thrown in over the teal... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    General Thoughts and Strategy:

So you can see by my update that I am 100% in the Light Tree,

I'm not seeing that in the pic, did you mean 100% Justice?

did you mean 100% Justice?
    tumblr_mwzvntmVly1rjj4o1o1_250.gif

va8Ru.gif
  • poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    hehe I actually went back and checked the entire thread to see if there was a newer build that was posted as an edit. thanks for clarifying.

Don't you miss the group power buff?
    hehe I actually went back and checked the entire thread to see if there was a newer build that was posted as an edit. thanks for clarifying.
    giphy.gif
    Don't you miss the group power buff?
    Honestly, not really... However, that could be the case that I'm rolling a pretty high item level. So it would be more useful in the 2k-3k item level bracket, where the tanking aspect is more necessary then the focus on offense. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • vx342vx342 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    > @kolatmaster said:
    > Current Ability Scores w/o any buffs from pots/campfire/etc:

I'm new in this game, but can link the Ability history ? I'm really bad with numbers/math i can't figure out wich combination you choose to start.

thanks.

Edit nevermind: didn't saw the items wich add +2 in DEX/STR/CHA
    Post edited by vx342 on
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Everybody will hate you long time for using relentless avenger