test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

Comments

• soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any more news or updates on this issue. All of us know it was a good gesture on your part and we do appreciate that gesture even if it doesn't sound like that, but at this point, it seems not many but the exploiters have gotten to benefit from this. And many have received this code only to find it already disabled when trying to redeem it thus frustrating and disappointing many loyal fans. All we want is to be in the loop on this and not feel like we have been forgotten. We all know things take time but any news on the issue is better than nothing in this case. Thanks.
  • abjorn85abjorn85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mine said it expired. It expires May 1st, 2015. its April 22nd, same year. Bogus.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    abjorn85 wrote: »
    Mine said it expired. It expires May 1st, 2015. its April 22nd, same year. Bogus.

With all respect, did you perchance read the OP of this thread?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • sempradraconissempradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited April 2015
    With all respect, did you perchance read the OP of this thread?

with all respect, did we get any news about it?

Its frustrated enough thats the new patchnotes say " we dont fix ur cw skills" and here we dont hear what they plan to clear the situation and give the item to the "non-exploiters" that had recieved the code.
  • kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The email came from "neverwinter@perfectworld.com". I think you have to have the option or setting to receive promotional emails set to 'on' in order to get these emails.

I usually turn those off asap, but turned this one back on after last year's "loyal customer gift" random email was being circulated. I did get this email; of course, the code was already disabled by the time I got it. Honestly, wish I hadn't; then I wouldn't be so disappointed on missing out/being punished for a coding mistake.

that's sad to hear. so how do you turn it on?..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    - issue a new code, that will reward a gift box for every character, make the loot account bound
    - delete any Trove of Elemental Evil gained through this code from the auctionhouse/the whole game

There're several posts in here, that suggest what could be done about this, and up untill now, i have not seen any official reply to any suggestion being made - so, no one really knows, what they plan to do, or what they think about these suggestions...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • dean1313dean1313 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is a cool offer and a nice thought for the fans. Hope the wrinkles get ironed out for ya.

Thanks!
  • skemer2015skemer2015 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The email came from "neverwinter@perfectworld.com". I think you have to have the option or setting to receive promotional emails set to 'on' in order to get these emails.

I usually turn those off asap, but turned this one back on after last year's "loyal customer gift" random email was being circulated. I did get this email; of course, the code was already disabled by the time I got it. Honestly, wish I hadn't; then I wouldn't be so disappointed on missing out/being punished for a coding mistake.

thanks for that but i just checked my settings, and it's set to recieve emails.. so i don't know why i didn't get a code...
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

With the state of the game did anyone really think there would be any other outcome... I know we shouldn't laugh.
  • shad0wreepershad0wreeper Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How about the items bind to the account instantly upon redeeming or claiming the gift?
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How about the items bind to the account instantly upon redeeming or claiming the gift?

That would be the best course of action. If only it had happen before with an other promotion /Sarcasm. I'm amaze at how well Cryptic can aim for their own foot but have trouble shooting other targets. I'm more concern as to why it's taking so long to deal with it, considering their experience with such matters, you would think they would have a well establish, thought out, recovery plan.
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i dont got any email o.O.
    Note: i use facebook to login
  • tirapathtirapath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    excuse me I did not have an email too plss im a proud gammer of never winter after after my job I go play nevewinter
    and some one invite me to a guild I think im kinda **** here hehehe , is the server down????
  • derregarderregar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never even recieved a code :(
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    derregar wrote: »
    I never even recieved a code :(

Mine arrived....after they had already shut it down. :(
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• combatduelercombatdueler Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i never got a code either.
  • ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anything ever happened with this.....no news after they said they took it back due to the greedy hands of exploiters.....Hope they get banned for good....
  • combatduelercombatdueler Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    any chance for this to come back soon for people that didnt get the email or weren't able to use the code?
  • dabigdawg145dabigdawg145 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never got an email or code... is here any way i can get one then please? and if not what else then are you going to do in its place?? thanks for listening
  • timmo1988timmo1988 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does this include the code that you get from going to DnD Adventurers' League events, since the codes you get from that give the same item.
  • firdraingfirdraing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well ive got an email one day after you said it is out and when i got it, it was disabled until i had a chance to redeem it.
  • mtciceromtcicero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I tried to redeem this and it says the code is invalid and/or expired...any update on a time-frame for a solution? Thanks!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Finally got around to trying the code. And I see it was a wonderful experience for people. Still not fixed BTW. I'm not someone who'd think about exploiting something like this but... Come on!, someone at Cryptic should have realized what making a goodie bag of unbound items would lead to! :rolleyes:
    sovereignwarpout_zps1iclgrgc.gif
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    krisein wrote: »
    that's sad to hear. so how do you turn it on?..

(Quick link to ArcGames.com settings: https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/setting)

Steps to get there:
    Left click on your username on the top left of your post then select "
    View Profile." When logged into that page on ArcGames.com, on the bottom left click on "Settings" and then on that page, click on the "Languages" tab.

In the ArcGames.com Settings, choose your preferred language and then the bottom of those options is a check mark option for "
    Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address." Check this and then click the blue "Save Change" button.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • jgirl33jgirl33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for thinking of the respectful people. I hope that you send emails about the new gift because I don't normally visit the forums. It's sad that people have to be selfish and ruin it for everyone. Oh well.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A companion that everyone has is worthless.

Give a free unbound one to everyone. One weekend only, any level 60 character can claim it from the claims agent.

The price will plummet, and the exploiters can't profit from it.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you I did not notice this setting and I have changed it so hopefully I will get the "fix" this time. I have to agree every single player could see this "exlpoit" coming. And as I continue to see posts and notices about these types of things you guys should have known as well unless you just started working there and know nothing about the history of this game. A real idiot mistake is one that you make over and over again. new mistakes are learning experiences, repeat ones are stupid.
    And as far as reselling it on the AH what's wrong with that? maybe one day you'll get the idea that if you let the money players give you cash for things to sell to the non money players, you will generate new revenue streams AND keep people who can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on this game happy as well as the pay players. all of these tactics to STOP being able to sell stuff, like keys for instance, started a few months after I started playing, over a year ago, and the last quarter of last year you made HALF the money you made the year before. Seems like you need to rethink those tactics.
    I used to spend money on this game doing just that, buying for zen and selling for ADs but after you started those tactics your revenue stream from me dried up. You can't make people give you money they dont have but you can motivate those of us that have it to spend it by letting us sell what we buy for zen for ADs at the AH. But you do what you think works , all evidence to the contrary.
    Having said all that I thank you for the thought, they say thats what counts.
  • kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »

(Quick link to ArcGames.com settings: https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/setting)

Steps to get there:
    Left click on your username on the top left of your post then select "
    View Profile." When logged into that page on ArcGames.com, on the bottom left click on "Settings" and then on that page, click on the "Languages" tab.

In the ArcGames.com Settings, choose your preferred language and then the bottom of those options is a check mark option for "
    Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address." Check this and then click the blue "Save Change" button.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]

ok thanks much. i've got it turned on..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • therealsonglordtherealsonglord Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for trying.

Shadowspawn
    Don't hate the game, hate the playa.
  • aqawaearaqawaear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User