Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

Comments

• Options
    karmathckarmathc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drey181 wrote: »
    Resending you the email wouldn't do anything since the codes don't work anymore.

oh...so...what you're saying is...that because of some exploiters...and because NW can't seem to do the job right...i can't enjoy the benefit i shouldhave had? ( exqueese my bad english )
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    karmathc wrote: »
    oh...so...what you're saying is...that because of some exploiters...and because NW can't seem to do the job right...i can't enjoy the benefit i shouldhave had? ( exqueese my bad english )

Yes

/10char
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    karmathckarmathc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ouch /sadface ...well thank you for the swift and accurate replyes guys...i wish you all a nice day !!
  • Options
    mrdiglemrdigle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the post. I was wondering why I couldn't use my code.
  • Options
    cptseb1cptseb1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

I understand and I am glad Arc team always look to abuses, exploits and hacks.
    Although I am of those people who received that particular Email with a Redeemable code which obviously did not work.
    So what do I do??????
    Do I keep arc and faith they will quickly resend me an Email with a gift that cannot be exploited or should I jst uninstall Arc because business conduct is questionable?!?!?!
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hilarious. How often did things like this happen on the PC?

Caturday?

The alchemist companion?

That's just the most obvious two i can think of. There were more. When are you going to give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and learn from the mistakes? The PC economy was already ruined by some of these types of mistakes, are you going to ruin the xbox economy so quickly too? The incompetence astounds me.

And here was me complaining you are so shamelessly money grabbing that you wont cross over account unlocks from the PC version. Sounds like you did me a favour.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    geronimo1967geronimo1967 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ya i was one of the victoms my code does not work.
  • Options
    daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ya i was one of the victoms my code does not work.

Yeah hoping this is resolved for the better soon.
  • Options
    tbone2011tbone2011 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    instead of just keeping the code active! you couldn't just fixed the issue like you did the the ioun stone of radiance????
    NOOOOO! you decide to disable the code,by not allowing good law biding players to activate their code being a unfair advantage (one not being able to get the stuff like everyone else). ITS YOUR CODING ENGINEERS FAULT! ITS NOT OUR FAULT THAT WE MAY OR MAY NOT EXPLOIT IT. Now, to those that may have their item is an unfair advantage to the rest of us that didn't get their gift. if you're to stupid not to test anything out before activating it in the main game, them you need to hire new engineers and testers. blame your selves and fix the problem, by working harder to fix it; instead of just disabling it, that like turning on/off a light switch. Because reprogramming the item codes is much hard... i think not.

(TIP:)

Fix the Regen and life-steal stats and working & be able to stack potions. Now unfair advantage to most of us other builds for TR, CW, GWF, & HR which don't have many healing powers much like the Cleric & Paladin that can heal themselves.

FYI: its a royal pain in the rear that you have to team up to do all the dailies for every map, sometimes i just want to come home and do a few dailies after a long day, i don't want to worry about teaming up with friends or guild members just to do one bloody daily. Makes no sense, this mod is like if you want to pick your nose you need someone to to hold you hand, one to pick a finger, and one to choose a booger, and one to pick it for you. that's just not acceptable.

P.S.

You royally messed up this game with the new player modifications.

FORESIGHT:
    Also, you can't balance classes that's like balancing the world religions & politics to be the same, but different at the same time, you just can't do it. so, don't base this game around it.
  • Options
    belg1954belg1954 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why have some players allreddy the compagnion?????????????
  • Options
    skemer2015skemer2015 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i didnt get a code.. working or otherwise..what gives...
  • Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

4 days and still not a peep... the community is watching this very closely.
  • Options
    elfwizard1970elfwizard1970 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah I check it every day watch they won't get back to us till the 1st and by then it will be too late.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    skemer2015 wrote: »
    i didnt get a code.. working or otherwise..what gives...

The email came from "neverwinter@perfectworld.com". I think you have to have the option or setting to receive promotional emails set to 'on' in order to get these emails.

I usually turn those off asap, but turned this one back on after last year's "loyal customer gift" random email was being circulated. I did get this email; of course, the code was already disabled by the time I got it. Honestly, wish I hadn't; then I wouldn't be so disappointed on missing out/being punished for a coding mistake.
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any more news or updates on this issue. All of us know it was a good gesture on your part and we do appreciate that gesture even if it doesn't sound like that, but at this point, it seems not many but the exploiters have gotten to benefit from this. And many have received this code only to find it already disabled when trying to redeem it thus frustrating and disappointing many loyal fans. All we want is to be in the loop on this and not feel like we have been forgotten. We all know things take time but any news on the issue is better than nothing in this case. Thanks.
  • Options
    abjorn85abjorn85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mine said it expired. It expires May 1st, 2015. its April 22nd, same year. Bogus.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    abjorn85 wrote: »
    Mine said it expired. It expires May 1st, 2015. its April 22nd, same year. Bogus.

With all respect, did you perchance read the OP of this thread?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    sempradraconissempradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited April 2015
    With all respect, did you perchance read the OP of this thread?

with all respect, did we get any news about it?

Its frustrated enough thats the new patchnotes say " we dont fix ur cw skills" and here we dont hear what they plan to clear the situation and give the item to the "non-exploiters" that had recieved the code.
  • Options
    kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The email came from "neverwinter@perfectworld.com". I think you have to have the option or setting to receive promotional emails set to 'on' in order to get these emails.

I usually turn those off asap, but turned this one back on after last year's "loyal customer gift" random email was being circulated. I did get this email; of course, the code was already disabled by the time I got it. Honestly, wish I hadn't; then I wouldn't be so disappointed on missing out/being punished for a coding mistake.

that's sad to hear. so how do you turn it on?..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    - issue a new code, that will reward a gift box for every character, make the loot account bound
    - delete any Trove of Elemental Evil gained through this code from the auctionhouse/the whole game

There're several posts in here, that suggest what could be done about this, and up untill now, i have not seen any official reply to any suggestion being made - so, no one really knows, what they plan to do, or what they think about these suggestions...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    dean1313dean1313 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is a cool offer and a nice thought for the fans. Hope the wrinkles get ironed out for ya.

Thanks!
  • Options
    skemer2015skemer2015 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015

thanks for that but i just checked my settings, and it's set to recieve emails.. so i don't know why i didn't get a code...
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015

With the state of the game did anyone really think there would be any other outcome... I know we shouldn't laugh.
  • Options
    shad0wreepershad0wreeper Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How about the items bind to the account instantly upon redeeming or claiming the gift?
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How about the items bind to the account instantly upon redeeming or claiming the gift?

That would be the best course of action. If only it had happen before with an other promotion /Sarcasm. I'm amaze at how well Cryptic can aim for their own foot but have trouble shooting other targets. I'm more concern as to why it's taking so long to deal with it, considering their experience with such matters, you would think they would have a well establish, thought out, recovery plan.
  • Options
    doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i dont got any email o.O.
    Note: i use facebook to login
  • Options
    tirapathtirapath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    excuse me I did not have an email too plss im a proud gammer of never winter after after my job I go play nevewinter
    and some one invite me to a guild I think im kinda **** here hehehe , is the server down????
  • Options
    derregarderregar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never even recieved a code :(
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    derregar wrote: »
    I never even recieved a code :(

Mine arrived....after they had already shut it down. :(
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

This discussion has been closed.