What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

Comments

• Options
    kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i do understand your point. but same thing can be said that you don't know the meaning of the word "compensation". that "gift" did more damage than good. therefore, the use of the word compensation is justifiable. remember that compensation does not necessarily mean something of monetary value (items etc), it could be service (by banning the exploiters). don't get too technical on here. we all want the same thing and that is, for this issue to be resolved. loosen up a bit will yah? :rolleyes:
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • Options
    rageofmcdrageofmcd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I sended ticket about 2 days ago and now everything is clear. Because of some fool people I can't use my code. I hope those people will be punished and you'll fix this problem... When you fix this problem, can we use our codes?
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First of all I would like to start by saying I appreciate the attempt to reward account holders with something to commemorate the launch of Elemental Evil, then add my voice to those expressing disappointment because I received the notice late and was unable to participate in this promotion.

Secondly it seems the "problem" and "solution" has already been identified:
    Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account.

But I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the PW/Neverwinter team for their efforts and considerations for us player/participants (maybe not so much the weekly "updates") and wish them continued success.
    DD~
  • Options
    epicarazziepicarazzi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

It's such a shame that this happens. Thanks for all you do, I'm sure you will figure it out! :D Can't wait to see what comes next!
  • Options
    rvdveldenrvdvelden Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Jumping into this thread again after initially posting the update yesterday. We appreciate the level of feedback coming in from the community right now. Although we are still in the investigating phase, I wanted to say that your feedback is being listened to and we're planning on going through all this when we work on next steps.
    Thank you for listening to the community. I don't know if this is mentioned by anyone else yet, but if you find a solution, could you please also make it available for people who don't use ARC? I've been playing this game since the beta-release and I've installed this directly on my computer without having to do anything with ARC.
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    The gift was suppose to be BOA and somewhere along the lines it came out as BOE. Sad thing is this isn't the 1st time it happened and likely it won't be the last.

So for all you people posted that should of been the easy cure to of prevented this... It was already thought of and they messed up in the process of executing it for us.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unacceptable that this happens again.

I rather not get a reward than give exploiters more ammo.

How have you not learn from past mistakes?

You are giving excuses to players to exploit, game mechanics not getting fix, offering items for free that can be redeemed endlessly and sold, not banning exploiters? Why would players not exploit?
  • Options
    zyzxex01zyzxex01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cannot even log into the game, let alone redeem a token anything.
    buckem420 wrote: »
    To say that it was a disappointment going to redeem the code and seeing it was disabled (I received it 2 hours ago) would be an understatement. I have faith you guys will make it right though, you have in the past even if it took awhile.
  • Options
    miller128976miller128976 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What you are missing is the fact they did it like this to try and get people on to the arc service and off service's like steam ,just the same as with the steam wallet that vanished after mod6 started then people complained and they had to back track and say it was a bug with the update, yeah right.
  • Options
    chanosdarkenuschanosdarkenus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So we're not likely to get free stuff. Dang. :(
  • Options
    konoskonos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ***WONT EVEN LET YOU ENTER CODE AND GET ITENM - KEEPS SAYING FAILED- SUX
    And support seldom replies on anything most times
  • Options
    mercervanquishmercervanquish Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope this gets fixed soon, it's good to get free stuff I would actually use.
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do agree there should be a roll-back to make sure people who shouldn't have don't profit. Yes, it would be annoying but better than allowing this sort of thing to benefit people who shouldn't.
    As to why it wasn't Bind of Account. I don't obviously know what all could be in the trove (as I was too slow), but of course when it isn't bound at least people could sell it if the gift wasn't useful for their character. I would like for there to be a way for this to be possible rather than it being auto-bind on account. Perhaps the trick would be to distribute by in-game mail? Anyway, that is something for the developers to sort out, and hopefully soon.
  • Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ok, I appreciate the thought, and hope you can come to a solution, but please...please...PLEASE...do not rollback. I just got to 70 over the weekend and I really do not want to go through that again. With the mod6 changes it was painful enough the first time.
  • Options
    phoenixwraithphoenixwraith Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sad that people would do this but in a strange way I fully expected somethign like this to happen.

Suggestion for a future possible fix that can help
    1> have the gift set up like a package you get when you reach a certain level to start running the temple of Elemental Evil campaign. This would eliminate many issues and it also afixes a level that folks can work towards in getting such a wonderfull free gift also in the future.

2> refer to 1. LOL

I hope this idea kinda helps out. Good luck and hope to see the gifts soon
  • Options
    azasulazasul Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    About the code i never got it, other thing is what happen to all the dungeons ct,pk, and other dungeos are not working,IN ETHER MORMAL OR EPIC. AND ON THE CODE THE ONE THAT ABUSED MUST GET PONISH FOR IT.
  • Options
    stargazerlilly17stargazerlilly17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So...I am personally very irritated with this situation. Basically, you guys did a flawed promo and couldn't accept the consequences. Who should have made sure each email had a unique code? Your programming team. Who should have made sure the items given were BoA? Your programming team. I realize this is free to play, but your dedicated players still expect a solid, honorable company. My entire family plays...myself, my husband, and our two young sons. We have a life outside of gaming 24/7 as the kids are in school and my husband and I work and I am in graduate school. We did not have a chance to redeem the code until today...to find out it was disabled...to the tune of disappoint of all of us. We really like the game but avoid putting "real" money into playing a fake game. Therefore, we often wind up grinding for long periods of time for diamonds to get zen to "purchase" the items we want and to get a free item as neat as those proposed would have been a nice change of pace. Once it happened, you guys either should have let it ride out and just become a common item or should have changed the email and re-sent out to those who haven't redeemed the old code. Clearly you know who redeemed and who didn't. You can say you will "fix" it...but honestly..the damage is already done...both for those who exploited the code and those who were robbed by your poor handling of the situation to enjoy the same opportunity as others who received the code and maybe spend their lives in their mothers' basements gaming all day and night. I really like this game..but with this later blunder, I may re-think. Please get your act together. If you're explaining, you're losing...reputation, players, etc. Lip service is great but really does nothing for us. Further, it sucks that people who are unaware of the exploit who try to redeem it have to be notified that it is disabled and then have to research why that happens to be...which may result in finding this message board OR waiting forever in your customer service loop for no reason with no hope of resolution. Just some food for thought and some notes for improvement.
  • Options
    aulusmagnusaulusmagnus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    K now I understand why I could not use this code when looging, just a few hours later. U had to react quickly ofc but what about those who, playing longly NWOL, honestly, simply tried to get their gift ? Will U do something for us soon ?
  • Options
    normsmithnormsmith Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    such a shame that people abuse thing like this.. make it suck for the rest of us.
  • Options
    hangakuhangaku Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Maybe you could send bound items to all accounts created before you sent that email the first time. Exclude all accounts that were able to redeem the code already.
  • Options
    darkravenxdarkravenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As always some one has to take advantage of the game to ruin the fun of other playersXD gl at fixing this prob
  • Options
    oldskoolguyoldskoolguy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Being that I'm an adult and work for a living, and my e-mail has around 300 unread a day, I just found this code. Coming here to find out that it was disabled because of exploiters and greed worms was disheartening to say the least. I hope a solution to this problem is found, and the codes can be re-distributed. I, for one, feel I can speak for at least some of the community in saying that I hope that this can be resolved. Lots of us out here are very happy to receive free items, and we don't think about using exploits to our own gain. Keep up the good work developers, and my one wish is that my OP can give his mace back to the DC, and pick up his big shiny large one handed hammer at some point.
  • Options
    friedbobfriedbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have the item bind to the account, and also require a certain level for it to be redeemed.

Like many here, I did not get the code until after it was disabled.

And as many have noted, that is quite frustrating.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ... Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. ...

...Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

I was so excited to find this email; I was not part of the previous "loyal customer" email campaign, and thought that maybe this was a repeat of that type of promotion. Didn't realize it was sent to all players, and of course was sorely disappointed that it had been disabled by the time I got my email.

It's unfortunate that an attempt at a nice gesture ends up causing such disappointment. A pox on those that exploited the code, but I'm somewhat surprised that the deemed solution was to disable the code. So far, at least, it seems this only rewards the ones who exploited it. If the items were meant for the entire community, why not let everyone redeem it? The market will eventually even out, without all this bad feeling that only the exploiters got the prize - again.

Unless you're saying the code kept giving the same account the item over and over, then I would understand. Then surely there is at least one programmer or project manager out there that needs a detailed job review atm. :)

Thanks for the quick response and some replies when it first happened, at least. I'm hoping a remedy is forthcoming. (perhaps one that involves accounts who were unable to redeem the code in the first place?)
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When you look at the Auction House and you see 18 Trove Of Elemental Evil,
    all for sale by the same seller, it opens your eyes to what has happened.
    Considering that you only get one Trove per account.

• Options
    munchdog347munchdog347 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Even if this was active, I haven't been able to acheive a stable sign in since the latest patch. The patch gets to 82% and crashes to blue screen. The Devs must be aware of this by now, it would releive a lot of people to know they were at least trying to fix it, say something on the forums guys!
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Like alot of things this publisher/dev.

Intention/Idea - A/A+
    Execution/QA - D

Im not sure if I even got the code. Kind of glad I didnt notice.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So...I am personally very irritated with this situation. Basically, you guys did a flawed promo and couldn't accept the consequences. Who should have made sure each email had a unique code? Your programming team. Who should have made sure the items given were BoA? Your programming team. I realize this is free to play, but your dedicated players still expect a solid, honorable company. My entire family plays...myself, my husband, and our two young sons. We have a life outside of gaming 24/7 as the kids are in school and my husband and I work and I am in graduate school. We did not have a chance to redeem the code until today...to find out it was disabled...to the tune of disappoint of all of us. We really like the game but avoid putting "real" money into playing a fake game. Therefore, we often wind up grinding for long periods of time for diamonds to get zen to "purchase" the items we want and to get a free item as neat as those proposed would have been a nice change of pace. Once it happened, you guys either should have let it ride out and just become a common item or should have changed the email and re-sent out to those who haven't redeemed the old code. Clearly you know who redeemed and who didn't. You can say you will "fix" it...but honestly..the damage is already done...both for those who exploited the code and those who were robbed by your poor handling of the situation to enjoy the same opportunity as others who received the code and maybe spend their lives in their mothers' basements gaming all day and night. I really like this game..but with this later blunder, I may re-think. Please get your act together. If you're explaining, you're losing...reputation, players, etc. Lip service is great but really does nothing for us. Further, it sucks that people who are unaware of the exploit who try to redeem it have to be notified that it is disabled and then have to research why that happens to be...which may result in finding this message board OR waiting forever in your customer service loop for no reason with no hope of resolution. Just some food for thought and some notes for improvement.

I agree totally w/ this. MY addition is simple.... The DEVS and design team NEED to PUNISH the offenders. It should be a relatively simple thing to track all the accounts that had, hmm, say more than TWO of these items.

Heck, it should all be on the AH. Simplicity itself.

Once this list is assembled, the DEVS and designers need to SYSTEMATICALLY close, lock out, and ban ALL PEOPLE AND ACCOUNTS ON THE LIST. Perhaps you should save anyone who actually bothered to report the cheat. Maybe even REWARD reporters, if they DID NOT GET MORE THAN TWO TROVES.

This needs to be done. NOW. To send a strong message that cheating, exploits, etc. WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. PERIOD.
  • Options
    nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    find out who it was that was abusing the gift (by creating multiple accounts and so on, tracking them via ip address) and ban the lot of them from ever playing again... Problem solved.

fully. Wholeheartedly. Agree.
This discussion has been closed.