What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
edited May 2015 in News & Announcements
UPDATE: 4/24/2015 at 2:48 pm PDT

Hi Neverwinter Community,

We are now in the process of sending an updated email as the code has been fixed. Here is the code if you did not receive it in email form: bepGjfZk

Once you redeem this code, you will receive one Trove of Elemental Evil that will be bound to your account.

Enjoy the gift and have a great weekend!

Alex

---

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the detailed and quick response! Looking forward to it being remedied, indeed!
  • Options
    corcraauroracorcraaurora Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since I only go the email about an hour ago and didn't have the chance to redeem it before it was disabled, I look forward to you fixing it quickly.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what a bummer. Wish you had released it in PST..
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

To say that it was a disappointment going to redeem the code and seeing it was disabled (I received it 2 hours ago) would be an understatement. I have faith you guys will make it right though, you have in the past even if it took awhile.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the feedback. We're definitely looking into the discussions from the community and are looking for ways to remedy it.
  • Options
    psycotron510psycotron510 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for trying to reward the dedicated players of Neverwinter!
    I just hate the fact a hand full of nutters all ways screw things up for all the legit folks who play this game.

Look forward to the gift, Thanks again.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i hope those people that abused the code will be punished...

This is just one more things pushing me away from the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    a714d9482s5a714d9482s5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil."

I got my email an hour ago? Which is like, not at ALL yesterday?

First you guys toss out mod 6 with all the bugs you ALREADY KNEW were a thing in the live preview. And then we get MORE bugs. And there's no way to make AD anymore. And now this? How am I supposed to recommend this game to my friends when it's more of a hot mess than Miley Cyrus? =(
  • Options
    mcgowanpridemcgowanpride Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That sucks. I never got an email. Well, remedy and send it again.
  • Options
    diablomuertodiablomuerto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Aw I missed a chance to exploit! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    For those stating that they didn't get an email or that the email just showed up, it generally takes some time when we hit send on these sort of emails as the quantity of people receiving it is very high.
  • Options
    stellarflarestellarflare Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Disappointing that such obvious exploits were not anticipated in advance. A simple trigger to bar accounts created more recently than 24 hours ago would have been an obvious step. Allowing the items to be traded around seems reasonable once you've stopped blatant code redemption abuse.

This offer tempted me back to see what has changed, so it will be a shame if it ends up being scrapped.
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, one way to fix the issue is to give everyone who had an account prior to the launch of Elemental Evil their own key code. One that is only redeemable once per account. And it be an account wide item that is bound on acquire. More of a pain to do it that way but it would prevent issues like this from happening in the first place. That way everyone can enjoy the free gift instead of just those that take advantage and ruin it for the rest of us.

As buckem420 said, getting the email just an hour or so ago and finding the code disabled upon trying to redeem it has many quite upset and feeling disappointed. I myself included. It will be made even worse though if the fix you come up with now doesn't make up for the disappointment that we all feel. I guess what I am saying is that if we finally get the trove and get junk that is useless, those that experienced this issue will just be upset all over again. It isn't your fault but that is what will happen.
  • Options
    drefasdrefas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the email and not even 10 minutes later it was disabled. Awesome. Well, guess I can delete that email.
  • Options
    aspen1979aspen1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2015
    Once again I feel like your mess up has screwed its loyal players, yet again.
    From items that were told were exclusive to items that drop in price drastically over a few months.

Hindsight is 20 20 but you really should have learned from your past mistake.

Feeling bummed.... :(
  • Options
    februarefebruare Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i hope those people that abused the code will be punished...

This is just one more things pushing me away from the game...

I am of like mind in the meting out of punishment to those that abused and underscored the promo for wrongful purposes.

I hope that this issue will be kept in mind for any possible future that may be implemented.

I would like to thank those who only wished to give something to the player base.
  • Options
    bronxwenchbronxwench Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for trying to reward the dedicated players of Neverwinter!
    I just hate the fact a hand full of nutters all ways screw things up for all the legit folks who play this game.

Look forward to the gift, Thanks again.

I agree. Thank you for the gift, and bad cess to the little cretins who couldn't behave.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    aspen1979 wrote: »
    Once again I feel like your mess up has screwed its loyal players, yet again.
    From items that were told were exclusive to items that drop in price drastically over a few months.

Hindsight is 20 20 but you really should have learned from your past mistake.

Feeling bummed.... :(

I understand the feeling of being bummed and we are taking note of the sentiment from this giveaway. As an FYI, we are also taking actions to ensure that promotions like these do not run into the same issues as before. Appreciate the patience.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am extremely disappointed. Apparently I received my "code" after many others decided to exploit and abuse it.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    lillyamadulillyamadu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code.

This is why we can't have nice things! Appreciate the update, though, as many have said, as I was saddened to not be able to use the code in the email. Look forward to seeing the fix in the works. Keep up the good work, guys.
  • Options
    nemokinnnemokinn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ummmm am i taking crazy pills here? Here's a thought - it's called Bind on Pickup - BAM! mind....blown!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Make the items bind to account.

Not to sound ungrateful, but ever since the radiant stone fiasco, I'm surprised you guys don't have a huge sign in the office that says "All promo items must be bound to character or account!".
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On one hand due diligence would prevent this kind of thing from happening. On the other hand, they have to feel like they can't even try to do something decent for the players without it blowing up in their face. Some understanding. Thanks for trying to raise spirits guys, keep it up. :)
  • Options
    coldcanukcoldcanuk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Very dissapointed. I agree that punishment should be forthcoming to the exploiters, but what about the people that keep doing this? How many times are you going to allow this to happen before you put in the proper safeguards to stop it from happening over and over again? All I have to say is .... Caturday, Radiant Ioun Stone and Planar Idols(Unlimited AD!!!!!!)... just to name the ones that come to mind almost immediately.

I find it sad that after all of the incidents of this type that have occurred in such a short game life, that they are still happening yet again!

I still support the game and realize that coding can be very difficult to lock down to prevent all errors and exploits, but it almost seems like you aren't even trying. And all the excess AD that these mistakes generate in the game destroy the economy and those of us that play by the rules look like idiots for not exploiting, when the exploited AD is STILL in the game and still being used to skew the economy, hurting the legitimate players while rewarding the exploiters. And yet...the exploiters are still allowed to use their ill-gotten rewards.

Disappointment almost seems to light a word. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That sucks. I never got an email. Well, remedy and send it again.

Never got the email either. And yes it does.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • Options
    xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cool i guess. I got a email 3 hours ago not yesterday..
  • Options
    dragonsword6969dragonsword6969 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am glad you stopped it from being exploited more but us that did not get to redeem that are loyal and none exploiting I hope we still get, I am sad that the new module though good on premise was not what I expected for leveling and kinda sadden me and not been on game much due to login problems from the patch and tried all work arounds and fixes but I know you guys are working on it and hope to be back in soon.
  • Options
    caewincaewin Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    I am extremely disappointed. Apparently I received my "code" after many others decided to exploit and abuse it.

Likewise. Thank you to the devs for trying to reward the long-time devoted players. While I do have my issues with the new mod, I'm enjoying myself nonetheless. So, seriously, looking forward to the fix.

Fleas of a thousand camels in your armpits, exploiters. And every permadaze, permastealth rogue ever on you in PVP.
  • Options
    tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This would be considerably less disappointing if I hadn't gotten the email after the exploiters had their fun. I have little enough to do with this mod so a chance at a new pet would have been nice.
This discussion has been closed.