test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

Comments

• yquedoarruinadoyquedoarruinado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the clarification , I could not change my code . I hope it is resolved soon. Sorry for my english.
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sirrom1 wrote: »
    You currently have an IN game NPC that you go to to get items from founders packs and so forth,Put it on HIM and tag the item/gift untradeable problem solved.

Its already "on him", as that is where you go to collect the gift, after your code is accepted.
    The only thing wrong, it was unbound.

• ixicr0n1cixicr0n1c Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't even get an email.. :(
  • gabessdspfgabessdspf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any news on when this gets fixed? I sadly wasn't able to redeem before it was deactivated. All I want is my bonus content.
  • dreadzone666dreadzone666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Next time, make it account bound and ppl cant exploit it.
  • prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sirrom1 wrote: »
    You currently have an IN game NPC that you go to to get items from founders packs and so forth,Put it on HIM and tag the item/gift untradeable problem solved.

Probably because they realllllyyy want you to use their Arc client, and if you could just get such things through the NPC you wouldn't need the client to redeem the code :/
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Probably because they realllllyyy want you to use their Arc client, and if you could just get such things through the NPC you wouldn't need the client to redeem the code :/

I can use Arc to enter codes but it hangs when I try to close it. The newer Chromium DLL they switched to doesn't like my Win2k at all, and the majority of the Arc window that the browser DLL uses remains blank. I start NWO manually using the launcher.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sideionsideion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't even use Arc so when there is a code to redeem, there's nothing for me to get it. If you want to give something to your players, why not make it in game instead of a code that can be typed in, this way, everyone who is in, gets it, and then they can't re-enter a code and get multiples in such a simple manner. An in game mail with an attached item would seem to be the best way to give out something to your players, this way no one is left out.
  • cavix87cavix87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what a bummer. Wish you had released it in PST..

Sad how many people had to ruin it for those who wouldn't exploit it.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fully. Wholeheartedly. Agree.

If they did that, more than half of the population would be gone, I'm to the point now of beleiving, especially now since people are using the HR and Cleric exploits openly to do content, that more than half of the individuals in this game are account hacker/AD/Gold seller/farmers.

There is no QC in this game and that's what's so risky about it, you pay "REAL" world money in order to better your avatar sometimes sticking 1000s of dollars into it and some smuck comes along that's been hacking/AD /Gold selling/exploiting since beta is still running around causing chaos with no accountability.

They nerfed everything but the gold sellers in Mod 6, that alone should tell you something.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some of us are already very frustrated with the game changes. Sending us what appears to be a joke email promising gifts doesn't help.
  • karmathckarmathc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

I checked my email and my spamm folder, i did not recive a code to redeem :( please re-send it to pitropclaudiu@yahoo.com ( my account email )
  • drey181drey181 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    karmathc wrote: »
    I checked my email and my spamm folder, i did not recive a code to redeem :( please re-send it to pitropclaudiu@yahoo.com ( my account email )

Resending you the email wouldn't do anything since the codes don't work anymore.
  • critmisscritmiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sorry that it was exploited! hope you fix this soon!
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never win anything for DEVs. When i win a code, the code are expirad.
    That's so frustrating

=(
    edited April 2015
    drey181 wrote: »
    Resending you the email wouldn't do anything since the codes don't work anymore.

oh...so...what you're saying is...that because of some exploiters...and because NW can't seem to do the job right...i can't enjoy the benefit i shouldhave had? ( exqueese my bad english )
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    karmathc wrote: »
    oh...so...what you're saying is...that because of some exploiters...and because NW can't seem to do the job right...i can't enjoy the benefit i shouldhave had? ( exqueese my bad english )

Yes

/10char
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
    edited April 2015
    ouch /sadface ...well thank you for the swift and accurate replyes guys...i wish you all a nice day !!
  • mrdiglemrdigle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the post. I was wondering why I couldn't use my code.
  • cptseb1cptseb1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

I understand and I am glad Arc team always look to abuses, exploits and hacks.
    Although I am of those people who received that particular Email with a Redeemable code which obviously did not work.
    So what do I do??????
    Do I keep arc and faith they will quickly resend me an Email with a gift that cannot be exploited or should I jst uninstall Arc because business conduct is questionable?!?!?!
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hilarious. How often did things like this happen on the PC?

Caturday?

The alchemist companion?

That's just the most obvious two i can think of. There were more. When are you going to give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and learn from the mistakes? The PC economy was already ruined by some of these types of mistakes, are you going to ruin the xbox economy so quickly too? The incompetence astounds me.

And here was me complaining you are so shamelessly money grabbing that you wont cross over account unlocks from the PC version. Sounds like you did me a favour.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • geronimo1967geronimo1967 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ya i was one of the victoms my code does not work.
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ya i was one of the victoms my code does not work.

Yeah hoping this is resolved for the better soon.
  • tbone2011tbone2011 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    instead of just keeping the code active! you couldn't just fixed the issue like you did the the ioun stone of radiance????
    NOOOOO! you decide to disable the code,by not allowing good law biding players to activate their code being a unfair advantage (one not being able to get the stuff like everyone else). ITS YOUR CODING ENGINEERS FAULT! ITS NOT OUR FAULT THAT WE MAY OR MAY NOT EXPLOIT IT. Now, to those that may have their item is an unfair advantage to the rest of us that didn't get their gift. if you're to stupid not to test anything out before activating it in the main game, them you need to hire new engineers and testers. blame your selves and fix the problem, by working harder to fix it; instead of just disabling it, that like turning on/off a light switch. Because reprogramming the item codes is much hard... i think not.

(TIP:)

Fix the Regen and life-steal stats and working & be able to stack potions. Now unfair advantage to most of us other builds for TR, CW, GWF, & HR which don't have many healing powers much like the Cleric & Paladin that can heal themselves.

FYI: its a royal pain in the rear that you have to team up to do all the dailies for every map, sometimes i just want to come home and do a few dailies after a long day, i don't want to worry about teaming up with friends or guild members just to do one bloody daily. Makes no sense, this mod is like if you want to pick your nose you need someone to to hold you hand, one to pick a finger, and one to choose a booger, and one to pick it for you. that's just not acceptable.

P.S.

You royally messed up this game with the new player modifications.

FORESIGHT:
    Also, you can't balance classes that's like balancing the world religions & politics to be the same, but different at the same time, you just can't do it. so, don't base this game around it.
  • belg1954belg1954 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why have some players allreddy the compagnion?????????????
  • skemer2015skemer2015 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i didnt get a code.. working or otherwise..what gives...
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2015

4 days and still not a peep... the community is watching this very closely.
  • elfwizard1970elfwizard1970 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah I check it every day watch they won't get back to us till the 1st and by then it will be too late.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    skemer2015 wrote: »
    i didnt get a code.. working or otherwise..what gives...

The email came from "neverwinter@perfectworld.com". I think you have to have the option or setting to receive promotional emails set to 'on' in order to get these emails.

I usually turn those off asap, but turned this one back on after last year's "loyal customer gift" random email was being circulated. I did get this email; of course, the code was already disabled by the time I got it. Honestly, wish I hadn't; then I wouldn't be so disappointed on missing out/being punished for a coding mistake.
This discussion has been closed.