Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

Comments

• Options
    brandrikbrandrik Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anotdroit wrote: »
    May be I am missing something here, how does some people trading the rewards affect the gameplay for others? Although the problem can be solved easily by binding the items, let those who trade, trade. Let those who don't, play as it is...

I think the problem was trading the exploited items further messes up the already messed up AD/economy problems in game. I'm guessing ARC may have contributed to underwriting the promotion to use their client although I thought I read some say they got it through Steam also, that's why the promo code rather than in game mail, I'm guessing.
  • Options
    snafu1971snafu1971 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    regenerde wrote: »
    Just remove any box from the auctionhouse, since it's "unwanted", i can be deleted as well.
    Issue a new code with a gift for every character and keep the loot account bound.
    Problem solved.

And while you're at it, it would be great, if we could get a editable spam filter, to have a working tool against the goldsellers flooding the chat every minutes with new accounts...

I just report such emails. as most games say, the only way to get gold should be through the website.
  • Options
    stokiebabestokiebabe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am really annoyed about this, a dejavu episode of people exploiting and ruining opportunities for others, I hope you fix this, the gift looked awesome, i look forward to your next email
  • Options
    brandrikbrandrik Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think one simple solution would be to make promotional items unique (not obtainable by ANY other means) then flag them unsellable. That way no one gets something they already have and it cannot be sold so it is not worth exploiting.
  • Options
    mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    brandrik wrote: »
    I think one simple solution would be to make promotional items unique (not obtainable by ANY other means) then flag them unsellable. That way no one gets something they already have and it cannot be sold so it is not worth exploiting.

yes this is 100% true, and just make it a new companion, that you can use on all character
  • Options
    lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    brandrik wrote: »
    I think one simple solution would be to make promotional items unique

There are no true unique Items in this game. A unique item is an item that exists just ONCE and can only drop if its previous instance has been salvaged or discarded it. Would be a nice feature, some items between legendary and mythic (in quality, not in rarity) that simply have surprising stats and are bound to account on pickup.
  • Options
    xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i hope those people that abused the code will be punished...

This is just one more things pushing me away from the game...
    :mad:
    I agree! There was a nice market for crafted Paladin items. That was JUST DESTROYED... people who exploit by way of making multiple accounts should darn well be banned, permanently. I think it is an inexcusable action and guarantee that
    those same people are responsible for other malicious activity. Just a hunch.

-Liela Selonas

P.S. - Demonmonger, you still have my name in blood! I want the secret to the universe! lol
  • Options
    mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xreverusx wrote: »
    :mad:
    I agree! There was a nice market for crafted Paladin items. That was JUST DESTROYED... people who exploit by way of making multiple accounts should darn well be banned, permanently. I think it is an inexcusable action and guarantee that
    those same people are responsible for other malicious activity. Just a hunch.

-Liela Selonas

P.S. - Demonmonger, you still have my name in blood! I want the secret to the universe! lol

so you want people to get perm banned, only because this item you did was DESTROYED?
    sure it sucks people exploite this, but i dont Think a perm bad will do any good, a warning maybe?
    and the code was removed in like 1-3h? so how many could actully exploite this?
  • Options
    shadowrj90shadowrj90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i hope those people that abused the code will be punished...

This is just one more things pushing me away from the game...

no matter what game you play there is always going to be those who think cheating ect. is the way to go dont let them spoil it for you
  • Options
    nekkinekki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lame... just lame.. first my tricorn which i unlocked in beta quits spawning with new characters and now stuff like this.. seriously.. lame
  • Options
    negilosnegilos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Soo, are they going to redo the event and resend a new code.
  • Options
    acidbart2012acidbart2012 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    WARN THEM??!?! Well that's a huge red flag that you used the exploit! Lol. Warn them, what a joke... There is a warning, we all accepted it in the terms of service.. Tell you what.. Let's send all the people who used the exploit and made new accounts a new car! Or 100k dollars cash! Are you kidding!?
  • Options
    remorsefullremorsefull Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank You. Just had the opportunity to try the code and found this thread. hopefully you will get it fixed after May 8 when I will have the opportunity to play the game again
  • Options
    growcheegrowchee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

make them boa, no ah then, and no point making bogus accounts to get more
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sometimes it feels like Cryptic is a bunch of separate companies. This is something that the people over at STO figured out a long time ago, and we're talking years. First, they announce test weekends in advance. Then, they explicitly tell players what they have to do to qualify for the promo. Then, after the event at some point they send a message to players telling them how to claim the promo item. The items can be claimed by each character on the account, but are BTC. No selling of the item is permitted, but it can be reclaimed at any time if deleted.

You already do this for the Sigil Artifacts - it doesn't even require new functionality.

As long as we're talking STO - Neverwinter could also learn a lot from the STO team on patch/release notes. Admittedly, Neverwinter's "Known Issues" list would be pages in length, but it would show you're paying attention. Sure, Neverwinter faces pressures from Wizards/Hasbro to launch new content while STO does not, but when you go three weeks in a row with "no bug fixes, just a server restart" and the game is loaded with bugs, then you post to Facebook about new content and asking us what we're "excited about," it demonstrates a real disconnect between the PR side and the development side.

While I hope you get this resolved soon, if you need help, go bug the people on the STO team. They know how to communicate, how to code, and how to keep a game stable for five years. I may not play that game very often, but when I do I don't worry about what won't work.
  • Options
    hpmac2hpmac2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

Did not get my key to work
  • Options
    goldenzy2288goldenzy2288 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So if we did not get the gift, you guys were so nice about giving, is there another way to get it?
    I'm sure you've been asked this before but I still see no reply.

Thank you for your dedication and fun work.
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Just make it a free zen store purchase that's only available to accounts that existed before April 19. Problem solved.
  • Options
    larszsslarszss Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I only received the e-mail after the codes were disabled, so I didn't even had the chance to redeem it. It's easy to find the people cheating, Criptic just need to punish them and give the items as "bound" and to accounts that existed before April 19, as chrcore said. (By the way, I play for almost eight months, by the steam client, but only now create the account here in forums)
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is an easy solution to this whole story, ban any and all accounts the used this code, in that way neverwinter can get rid of half the exploiters of the game, yes the will lose players but in the long run its better for the game. No game need set exploiters to ruin it for everybody else.

I mean it's ridiculous that there is already archons on the AH from these exploiters, but we can't enjoy the same benefit as these leeches. So ..... frustrating.
  • Options
    centra28centra28 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015

appreciate you guys taking the tough stance to prevent further exploitation. As an honest player who was not able to redeem your gracious gift, I am looking forward to being able to in the near future.
  • Options
    sandyweidsandyweid Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Those exploiters obviosely had some of the extra accounts allready. In 1-3 Hours, how many account can you create, log in with it, reedem the code, do the tutorial, get the item and sell it or send to another account? Oh, i forgot, and how long will it take till PW take notice of it? So its obvious. Those Accounts allready existed. And Why? For what would someone create more than a few Accounts? Im sure up to 3 Accounts could be normal. From People who start over. Wanting a nicer Handle or lost Password or something. I have just 1 and im also not happy with my handle. I am Male and i stupidly used my Family email with my account, so now im sandyweid and not possible to change the forum-name. Ok,back to topic. Now since we know they had those accounts allready, they had them in case they can get free stuff to sell or to sell stuff within those accounts to change marketprices. Or just farming accounts.
    Its not my intention to get limited number of accounts but they wont get rid of exploiters.
    Im sure we got all the same code with the email. If those codes all unique they could only used once. Now ofcourse if i get a code what isnt unique i would send it to all my friends as well.
    I been very happy when i found that email. That i got a nice award for being a brave fan of Neverwinter, And i became more upset when i found out the code been expired. I sended a Ticket and i got answered within 24 hours. I aprechiate that very much , also the meaning of that gesture. In my opinion they should find out about the biggest exploiters , warn them and then take all the Items off the game. Delete them and also undo the AD Transactions. a kind of rollback. and than fix the Bounding problem and send a new code to everybody.
  • Options
    totenbctotenbc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just read about the code in my emails then I log on to find its been discontinued because people are just stupid.

Hope you fix this - been a loyal customer since STO was pay to play
  • Options
    johnnifiedjohnnified Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Been here since BETA, and a founder. It is sad that you guys don't test if something is exploitable before you hand it out in masses. Hope you fix it.
  • Options
    robrobsonrobrobson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cannot redeem my code :( It says it expired.
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sandyweid wrote: »
    Those exploiters obviosely had some of the extra accounts allready. In 1-3 Hours, how many account can you create, log in with it, reedem the code, do the tutorial, get the item and sell it or send to another account? Oh, i forgot, and how long will it take till PW take notice of it? So its obvious. Those Accounts allready existed. And Why? For what would someone create more than a few Accounts? Im sure up to 3 Accounts could be normal. From People who start over. Wanting a nicer Handle or lost Password or something. I have just 1 and im also not happy with my handle. I am Male and i stupidly used my Family email with my account, so now im sandyweid and not possible to change the forum-name. Ok,back to topic. Now since we know they had those accounts allready, they had them in case they can get free stuff to sell or to sell stuff within those accounts to change marketprices. Or just farming accounts.
    Its not my intention to get limited number of accounts but they wont get rid of exploiters.
    Im sure we got all the same code with the email. If those codes all unique they could only used once. Now ofcourse if i get a code what isnt unique i would send it to all my friends as well.
    I been very happy when i found that email. That i got a nice award for being a brave fan of Neverwinter, And i became more upset when i found out the code been expired. I sended a Ticket and i got answered within 24 hours. I aprechiate that very much , also the meaning of that gesture. In my opinion they should find out about the biggest exploiters , warn them and then take all the Items off the game. Delete them and also undo the AD Transactions. a kind of rollback. and than fix the Bounding problem and send a new code to everybody.

I have a mail server of my own, I can create a hundred email accounts in 1 second (all with different domains, if I wanted to). Signing up takes 2 minutes, so I can potentially have up to 100 accounts in a couple of hours, maybe less.

But that's beside the point. They should've just made the gift account bound. They've made this very same mistake in the past, multiple times. There is just no excuse.
  • Options
    sandyweidsandyweid Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    robrobson wrote: »
    I cannot redeem my code :( It says it expired.

hmmmm, maybe you read in this thread . its all about that.
  • Options
    dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't see it as a loss since I never received the code to begin with.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
  • Options
    norisman1norisman1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015

From an 15+ year Cryptic *PAYING* customer to all the the good folks at Cryptic. I would like to say thank you to you all for all the hard work and effort you all have put into the Cryptic Games Franchises over the years. Though out it's 15+ years from start up back in 2000 to present date. Even with all the unforeseen bumps in the proverbial road with all the hick-up's and unplanned unforeseen change ups and switch off's between the big wigs bosses, stock holders and investors behind closed doors at CBS, Atari and currently dealing with Perfect World International / Perfect World Entertainment.

I for one, as of so many of us dedicated long term loyal fans/customers paying our real life hard earned money of both small $5.00 u.s.d. amounts and sometimes on special acceptations like birthdays and other holidays that are customary for friends and family members asking/offering what would you like for your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-Day present some times resulting in a rather large VISA/MasterCard/American Express or some other equivalent type prepaid gift card of amounts ranging from 10's, to 100's, to a couple of three 1000's u.s.d. over the last 15 years.

At theses special times I would always let my family and friends know that the best gift(s) would be cash or prepaid visa/MasterCard/American Express type gift cards that I could then easily invest them into one or more of my favorite Cryptic franchise mmorpg type games. Going from way back in early 2004/2005 with my beloved and truly missed City of Hero's (beta test team member), City of Villains (beta test team member) game franchise; and the newer mmorpg type games franchise from 2007 Champions Online (beta test team member), (early bird pre-order/closed & open beta test team member) 2009 Star Trek Online 2010 (life time subscription account owner) and the 2013 (closed/open beta test team member) for Dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter online to present date 19-April-2015.

I am hopefully looking forward to at lest another 15+ years or as long as I am financially feasible and physically able, willing and possible for me a 50 year old (half blind, half crippled and at lest 51% nucking futs as in nutter than squeal poo but harmless as a church mouse lol :P) to remain a money investing team supporting proud customer of the Cryptic Designing and Developing MMORPG games franchisees.

In closing let me say that I SALUTE ALL OF YOU DEDICATED HARD WORKING (TRYING TO DO THE BEST YOU CAN AGAINST ALL THE BULLS#$% THE GAMING BUSINESS WORLD PUBLISHERS, HACKERS AND EXPLOITERS IN THE WORLD HAVE THROWN AND WILL UNDOUBTEDLY THROW EVEN MORE CURVE-BALLS AT YOU) CRYPTIC EMPLOYEES.

HOLD YOUR HEADS HIGH, KEEP YOUR CHINS UP AND KEEP A STIFF UPPER LIP AND SHOULDER TO THE GRINDSTONE AND ALWAYS ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH IN THAT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WHAT YOU WILL DO IS IMPORTANT AND DOES MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE MUNDANE WORLD. Because of all of your hard work and great efforts you give the worlds common John Doe's and little guys, and nobody's like me some much needed personal rest, relaxation and entertainment from our humdrum bored out of our sculls mundane real world life's from the bottom of my heart and wallet I say Thank You. :)

Sincerely
    Forums poster member Norisma1 aka in-game as @Norisman
    19-April-2015 18:44hrs east coast U.S. time zone (-5 GMT/UTC)
This discussion has been closed.