test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (XBOX)

shatodshatod Member Posts: 56
The kicking is getting way out of hand..either they allow teams to join queues or they stop the kicking period.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    melouche2melouche2 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Teams can join queue? I always do epic dungeons with the same 5 people.
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    melouche2 wrote: »
    Teams can join queue? I always do epic dungeons with the same 5 people.

Yeah, you just say join as the current team or whatever.
  • Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Kicking is gonna happen until there's enough tanks/healers.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    rokkrwolfrokkrwolf Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    Kicking is gonna happen until there's enough tanks/healers.

See the major issue with that is the fact that they bring these people through the whole dungeon die at the boss then start kicking people. IMO if you do this you are a prick. I understand you need tanks or healers but if you're gonna kick people do it before you even leave the beginning of the dungeon. Saves people the time and headaches of playing for x amount of time.

For example the other day, it put me in a epic, I was on my rogue, there was another rogue, 2 warlocks and hunter. We got to the end of the dungeon after about 40 mins, tried the boss a few times, the warlocks and hunters kept going down quick. So the leader decided we needed healer, which is fine but like I said this should be done earlier. Guess who he kicked first... that's right me, out of everyone. Which mind you I was always the last still up and fighting when they all went down. So needless to say I was more than pissed.

Now this should honestly not be a big issue, healers have high priority in queues, the problem is the higher level people get the less people queue. Which is a problem in itself. Though I've seen more clerics lately so hopefully they start getting their butts in gear and joining up. Heck I even went ahead and made a cleric and leveled it to 60 already just so I can get in epic easier.

So to sum up what would be easier, is either kick people at the start if there is no tank or healer or there is another option which would have to be on devs end but that's kind of a long stretch seeing the bugs ect... but when it pops up queue is ready it could show the symbols of the classes, so people know if there is a tank or healer prior to even joining, this would help greatly as well.
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been kicked for no good reason too, it sucks.

Last night I was in a group where somebody kept trying to kick (why IDK), the kick kept getting voted no, "kick fail", guy who was doing it eventually just left the group.

As far a DC/GF goes, in some cases, yes they are needed.

I know that is NOT the case in all epics.

PK for example, you can burn through that dungeon w/out a tank or healer.

When more and more people start figuring that out, hopefully the kick issue starts to fix itself.

However, the best way to avoid this is to group with people you know.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I am a Devoted Cleric. I was running Frozen Heart on Epic and we were at the final boss. Only me and one other person was alive and the boss was at 10% and we were taking him down at a decent pace and then I got kicked.

The best part is I ended up joining the same group of people and they had wiped xD

Anyway People don't just kick for a Healer or a Tank, sometimes you just get into a group with people who are complete idiots and kick the most useful players. The useless people try to kick others so they will not get booted themselves.
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    melouche2 wrote: »
    Anyway People don't just kick for a Healer or a Tank, sometimes you just get into a group with people who are complete idiots and kick the most useful players. The useless people try to kick others so they will not get booted themselves.

Very, very true.

The VtK system as constructed is an amazing griefing tool (something I am fairly certain it was not intended to be).
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry to inform you all but Kicking has to be done sometimes. I am always kicking low GS DPS who are JUST at the 8300 gear score level, or even lower when trying 8300! they can't get the DPS out that 9300+ get (especially on the Spider Queen one)

It's part of the game, they have to get through T1 stuff, and work on enchantments for that gear. Sorry but a lot of people try going right to T2 at 8000 and cannot make it with us.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    hrothdainhrothdain Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    Yeah but its the constant kicking for no good reason that's the issue, legitimate reasons are few and far between
    Bring me skulls....

For I wish to build a throne.
  • Options
    masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hate PUGs. I been kicked multiple times without even a word. Funny thing is a Warlock and I duod the Werewolf in the Gray Wolf Den and I've run through Pirates without a healer as well farming Drakes. Sure it's more difficult but I like the challenge. Another thing I hate is when I Queue up and get into a group. Get kicked and then queue up again and get into the same group of ******s. That happened three times to me yesterday and I said over the mic, "Why do I keep getting into the same ****ty group?" and then left. They were under geared compared to me and even had another hunter who didnt have a gear score better then mine. It's okay though, I rolled up a rogue and having fun pking noobs.
  • Options
    brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    9600 gs gear and pugs still kick me from epic dungeons... guess they don't like me wearing my pvp gear to a dungeon.
  • Options
    blindliteblindlite Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    People tend to kick dps for 3 reasons. 1) You're a Trickster Rogue, 2) You're a Hunter Ranger, and 3) You're Gearscore isn't at like 12,000. People think that in order to do any epic T1 or T2 Dungeon you need a classic Tank, Healer, and 3 DPS. That isn't the case honestly the only single dungeon that really requires a healer is the Temple of the Spider and probably Dread Vault. Otherwise you can burn through most Epic Dungeons even T2's with a full DPS group. What's annoying is when it takes 40 minutes of queing into dungeons to finally get a group that doesn't kick you. Only to make it to a certain point and find that most of the people in your group are bad. They really need to redo the kicking system. Only allow so many kicks per group and that person has to have died or something so many times. That should prevent pointless kicking. Or at least put a cooldown on it so if you kick someone you have to wait before you can kick someone again.
  • Options
    deadlybushwookydeadlybushwooky Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my gear score is 10,000 and over and i get ****ing booted all the time by lower gear scored rated ********.
    they should just make a system where people in the same area of gear score queue up together.
  • Options
    blindliteblindlite Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    The system honestly as first come first serve. You know what I do to be a complete ********* to them. I join and quickly vote to kick someone else they are so used to just hitting yes to the option they won't know until it's already happened lol. Did that earlier because I got put into the same Dungeon like 6 times in a row.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    blindlite wrote: »
    People tend to kick dps for 3 reasons. 1) You're a Trickster Rogue, 2) You're a Hunter Ranger, and 3) You're Gearscore isn't at like 12,000. People think that in order to do any epic T1 or T2 Dungeon you need a classic Tank, Healer, and 3 DPS. That isn't the case honestly the only single dungeon that really requires a healer is the Temple of the Spider and probably Dread Vault. Otherwise you can burn through most Epic Dungeons even T2's with a full DPS group. What's annoying is when it takes 40 minutes of queing into dungeons to finally get a group that doesn't kick you. Only to make it to a certain point and find that most of the people in your group are bad. They really need to redo the kicking system. Only allow so many kicks per group and that person has to have died or something so many times. That should prevent pointless kicking. Or at least put a cooldown on it so if you kick someone you have to wait before you can kick someone again.

This may be true for experienced players.

However 80% of the people I do dungeons with are somehow unable to dodge the red circles and therefore get one shot or nearly killed. Kinda hard to beat a dungeon like that.
  • Options
    bornoffire13bornoffire13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It IS out of hand. As a newly registered forum user I'm borrowing your thread to state that I am looking for an Epic Dungeon focused(or slightly focused) guild..hopefully with A Lot**** of members...tired of the kicking..especially being kicked at the last boss. My GT is: Damion Baal13 I hope to finally boost up my 8750 lock up to top tier while meeting some cool like-minded people..plus I'm trying to lvl a tank. Sorry to throw my guild plead in here but I seek to complain about and Remedy the kicking bs.
  • Options
    loops1973loops1973 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my friend and I always kick the guy who keeps kicking people, problem solved
  • Options
    cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thing is, most people I see get kicked are because they made the dungeon run way longer/harder than it should have been ( IE, Rogues running ahead pulling things etc and making the whole process take longer. Or the guy running around looting EVERYTHING ( now coined as
    "welfare players" ). I prefer to wait until we almost kill the boss before kicking these turds :)

EDIT: There will soon be a standard when it comes to running dungeons. If your welfare looting and dont need to ( IE fresh players ), you get kicked. And if your welfare looting in an EPIC Dungeon then there should be a ' Ban Player ' option instead of ' Kick Player '. I have not started to kick people for this yet. HOWEVER, time is almost up and people better start getting with the times. Because I am a tank, my RL friend I play with is a Healer, this means we DECIDE exactly whats up in a dungeon and what happens. This gives us the right to decide who we take along in our adventures. Keep up your looting practices people... keep it up.
  • Options
    ratedchaotic1ratedchaotic1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ever stop to think. Maybe its not your gear score, maybe your actions. That gets you kicked more than your GS.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have two other people I delve with and we tend to get groups quickly (I'm a cleric). It's shocking how many people try to kick one of my two companions (often my partner who normally rolls with her ranger) - and I'm sure it's a bitter pill when we immediately dump whomever just tried to kick her out.
    We never boot based on gear score or class - but try to boot one of us, and the others will make sure you're the first one dumped from the team. And if you're looting greens while we're trying to carry your butt through a boss, you're out as soon as we have a moment to do so.
    Ever stop to think. Maybe its not your gear score, maybe your actions. That gets you kicked more than your GS.

Hard to argue that's the reason if you've only just joined
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    grantisimo1grantisimo1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its not nearly as much gear score as it is class. For example, I kick tanks in Spider dungeon, hunters warlocks in all dungeons etc etc. Just depends on what will make the dungeon easiest.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its not nearly as much gear score as it is class. For example, I kick tanks in Spider dungeon, hunters warlocks in all dungeons etc etc. Just depends on what will make the dungeon easiest.

Frankly, that's bollocks and completely unfair on players who have been waiting 30-60 minutes in a queue to play.
    It's that kind of bad behavior and poor sportsmanship that make me want the devs to put in some sort of control in to lmit those who can't seem to manage without their personal whims being adhered to.

And, as I said previously, attempting to boot someone for such a childish reason is the one way to make sure our group tosses you out.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This is the biggest reason that I don't play my main character. I'm about to hit 60 on my third character because end game sucks. You're either running with good friends or you're kicked automatically unless you happen to be a cleric. As more people start playing the game and get up to end game capability, I hope the kicking lessens. It's one thing to kick someone because they lack skill and it's another to kick just because you don't have that class you want. Either the devs change the queuing so people can choose who joins or people roll with what they get. I shouldn't have to make a cleric just to see end game.
  • Options
    iceviper220iceviper220 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah i had a few guild members be kicked from t1 how they suppose to get epic for there class if childish randoms kick you and you been waiting in queque for 30-40 mins just wish the system was better ...now anyone can kick you and the rest follow suit and agree ...even if you greed on something and you win,or if you get timed out on connecting,its pretty much childish...the main classes that a queque group should require is cleric,and tank to contron aggro..if you have that there should not be ppl abusing the kick because of your class ,gearscore or the name of your character
    Characters~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IGN:Ryuke-GWF-lvl 43
  • Options
    twitchx85twitchx85 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only time I agree on kicking is when someone who no matter what we say or ask will not do what needs to be done to win a fight. For example killing adds in lair of mad dragon. We gave it 4 tries and after the first wipe we asked that once the adds pop out we will call it out and dps please go kill adds until its manageable. Gave it a few more tries. The same person was doing the same thing and we kept wiping. We kicked em, got another dps that listened and did what was needed and we beat the dungeon.

That in my book is an example of when its ok
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2015
    I was with a group on my cleric that was chain kicking to get a friend to join in........ I bet 50% of kicks would stop if there were a way to add a person to the group and have them join the instance. If not, it will never stop
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    "I was with a group on my cleric that was chain kicking to get a friend to join in........ I bet 50% of kicks would stop if there were a way to add a person to the group and have them join the instance. If not, it will never stop"

There is a way, group up and then group leader queue for the dungeon. I just hate it when the noobs get to the last boss and wipe, cleric rage quits and then the noobs keep kicking people until a cleric joins. That's what I assume is happening.
  • Options
    projectdannyprojectdanny Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok so I spent ages in wolf den to get to the last boss and then they vote kick 2 people then kept vote kicking 15 people in a row then after all my hard work to get to the final boss they kick me as they said we hate melee they suck....

Then I join another dungeon I get kicked before I even load in... constantly. .. I join cloak tower heroic... I have 11k gear score 5.2k power... I get kicked the moment I enter. ...

So I then que for 12 hours straight trying to get into one instance only to be kicked every time for no reason... my gear score is fine my stats are fine I do not make funny noises on the microphone and i say hello everyone I join and i am polite....

Yet I still get kicked.... constantly I'm starting to think about moving onto another game.... I'm sorry but this has ruined my fun...

Please remove the Vote to kick option as that will be far better than to actually have it....

Even if you put a cool down of 10mins on it.... They will just wait 10mins still kick... no matter what way you come up with.... They will still abuse it and kick you for no reason....

So please remove it as it is nothing but abuse... or I and many others will most likely quit...

Thank you for reading
  • Options
    mrkreepzmrkreepz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The option is there for idiots that cannot play and need to be removed from the group.
    It is also there is case somebody disconnects and does not come back.
    This option will not be removed as it is an essential part of doing dungeons.

FYI, it takes 3 yes votes to be removed, so more likely than not you are doing something wrong.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mrkreepz wrote: »
    FYI, it takes 3 yes votes to be removed, so more likely than not you are doing something wrong.
    Right, because joining a dungeon from queue is so wrong. People get kicked before even loading in!

No, there is definitely a problem with the kick system. It might be intended to remove problem people (and it might work fine on PC), but it is definitely being abused on console to the point that it's the problem people doing all the kicking. It's especially easy to abuse since most people seem to vote yes without even thinking, which allows the trolls to win. Group think is ruining the experience for a lot of people.

I suggest we as a community vow to vote no on all kicks unless we actually observe someone doing something wrong. Just being the "wrong class" isn't grounds for kicking. Give the person a shot and see what happens. The only justifiable reasons to kick are bad play (which you can't judge if you don't let someone play), someone disconnects and doesn't return, or the game spawns someone in an area where they can't join the group due to dungeon design (such as on The Dread Vault).

If everyone defaulted to voting no until there was a reason to vote yes, the kick problem would go away very quickly. If, however, the current issue persists, I agree the devs need to disable it until they come up with a better system. I rock every dungeon or skirmish I enter and typically top the damage/kills leaderboard, but I can only play a couple per day because I get insta-kicked 4 out of 5 times I try to join. It wouldn't be quite so frustrating if I didn't have to wait 30-40 minutes in queue each time I get kicked though... but I digress.
This discussion has been closed.