What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (XBOX)

Comments

• Options
    wiryredwiryred Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nah not really, it's not them destroying the experiance... it's the people kicking them. What you are saying is that if the dunegon requires lets say 10k GS to be able to enter it all the people with 10k GS should not que for this instance? I bet you never done this either... you always join a dunegon with at least 2-3k GS above the required?

As I stated before, it's not the people queing for a PuG that destroyes the gaming experience... it's the people that kick people from a PUG, a PUG is what you get... if you don't want to carry someone, well then run with your guild...

Why do you think I said raise the requirements?? Force people to play the content in order....
  • Options
    thecameljokeythecameljokey Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2015
    wiryred wrote: »
    But hey I'm sure all you 9k gear scores love dying over and over at a boss? Short and simple of it, as long as the current system remains in place, people like me will kick any under geared for that reason alone! Don't like getting kicked gear properly, I myself never get kicked unless they are looking for a cleric, But being a reasonable person I understand why they would, I don't come here and cry that I'm getting kicked all the time!

Love your attitued :)
    I'm way above 9k in GS and I've never kicked anybody... don't like having 9k GS people joining your squad? stop using the PuG que...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    When I see people trying to do spider or kurrundux with greens in slot still I shake my head... Grind out your own gear don't expect others to carry you!
  • Options
    thecameljokeythecameljokey Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2015
    Why do you think I said raise the requirements?? Force people to play the content in order....

Yeah, and what do you think will happen first?

A) people stop joining dunegons with min GS
    B) Crypic /PFW upper the required min GS

I give you a hint, it's B... and that wont happen in a while
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Love your attitued :)
    I'm way above 9k in GS and I've never kicked anybody... don't like having 9k GS people joining your squad? stop using the PuG que...

that won't happen, you have fun with your above 9k gs and keep carrying people through!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, and what do you think will happen first?

A) people stop joining dunegons with min GS
    B) Crypic /PFW upper the required min GS

I do my share of carries, for my guild! But that being said helping my guild makes "US" better, PUG games are PUG games, I'm telling all you whiners why your getting kicked don't like it, gear properly!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    wiryred what is your Gamertag? This way I know who to block so I never team up with you in this game or outside this game by accident. The GS is the GS for a reason. Is it possible to run that dungeon in 9k Gear? Most likely. The devs have testers who have to test the minimum requirements for the dungeons as well as everything else. They dont just sit down and go "Oh this is a good number lets go with this." They actually have had players who can easily run it in 9k gear. Hence the 9k minimum. Now just because "you" want a speed run is no reason to vote kick someone. That in and of itself, is actually abusing the kick system, the very thing that is wrong with the vast majority of these dungeons. With that being said, however, if a player isnt pulling their weight, IE not contributing (AFK etc) go ahead and boot them. But don't boot them simply because you want a speed run or no competition for say Warrior Gear. If you want those, set up a group "before" you enter the dungeon. Do not demand that of a PUG. Also another food for thought: Other players actually have lives and may not have the time to sit down and grind for gear 24/7 like you seem to have been able to do as evidenced by your boasting about your gear score. While it is impressive, and good for you that you got it, there are still players who actually want to "enjoy" the game and dont see everything as a way to one up everyone else.

I only kick under geared... Never for gear, that's abuse and bad abuse of the system. I am simply stating why this is happening to a lot of you from my own perspective
  • Options
    rrdklrrdkl Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a cleric as my main so i didnt realize how bad the problem was until i leveled my trickster and hit t2. 30 different groups through gf for epic frozen heart, all insta kicks. I gave up. Its ridiculous. My first run through i got belt, beat it with no trouble, i dont need a 14000 gs to run epics, i know how to play. That being said, how are people suppose to get geared and get a gs that meets all u elitist 12 year olds that only have 17k gs because you spent 500 dollars of mommys money and have rank 10 enchants and whatnot if they cant run dungeons to get the gear. My cleric is full t2, rank 7 to 8 enchants with artifact weapon at level 46 or so, and 4 boons and my gs is still only 12.6. so give us working joesw ith bills a break on the kicks. PW, maybe a start would be a limit of one vote initiate per 5 mins per person? Something to give dps'ers a break. All you guys out there dealing with this on your mains, i feel you. And my vote will always be "no" to kick. bring on the hate, i dont bother replying to garbage anyways.
  • Options
    csk41csk41 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rouges get kicked a lot because there is already one in the party. For some reason the queue likes to put two rouges in a group. I play a trickster as well, but we get kicked not because of gear score but because the other rouge does not want to compete for drops. I think most kicking is caused by this fact, no one wants to spend 30min to 2 hours on a run and loss a roll on your gear to another of your same class. I wish the queue would do a better job of mixing the parties.
  • Options
    pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    I feel you man. I used to be right there with you. Wanna know my secret. Stop whining. Go join a casual guild n do dungeons. This is like the 100th thread saying the same thing, name calling, saying I know what I'm doing.

You could be the most skilled player in the game, but the kicks will keep coming unless on your cleric. So seriously, why not stop whining, stop wasting time defending your original post, spend time in the guild section, find one, join one, problem solved. Nothing is ever solved by blah blah blah whine whine whine. The majority of players that kick you I doubt are 12 year olds who have spent $500 of mommys money.

I've only spent $40, n if I saw a tr in my group as whiney as you I'd kick you too!
  • Options
    ggsurr20ggsurr20 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I only kick under geared... Never for gear, that's abuse and bad abuse of the system. I am simply stating why this is happening to a lot of you from my own perspective

I do agree with you that the gear score requirements for some dungeons should be increased, stated it another post of mine but I think your overlooking some facts, you have idiots who kick clerics with a 9k gs for having that cleric set which gives the 30% armor pen (forgot what it was called) and then you have people insta-kicking others just because of their class, it isn't always GS man. Sometimes it's for the loot aswell. Also please don't assume everyone here has a "9k GS" because doing that only makes you sound ignorant. People like me have climbed through T1 and I have now climbed almost through T2, thanks to having guildies and friends to party up with. Vote kicking is currently a problem and it isn't only due to a players GS.
    -GGsurr20 - 17k Great Weapon Fighter-

-GGsurr15 - 10k Guardian Fighter-
    • Options
      rrdklrrdkl Member Posts: 7 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Quick note on multiple threads on same topic, dont let the offended kids discourage you. These forums are "suppose"to be the feedback venue to get resolutions to these issues. The more fresh names, hopefully better chance of solution.
    • Options
      edited May 2015
      I never said this is the only problem, people are abusing it in many ways. But at this is a fixable problem!
    • Options
      edited May 2015
      rrdkl wrote: »
      Quick note on multiple threads on same topic, dont let the offended kids discourage you. These forums are "suppose"to be the feedback venue to get resolutions to these issues. The more fresh names, hopefully better chance of solution.

Thanks because I'm the 17k gear score he is talking about lol! Oh and FYI! I don't kick TR's competing for loot, I kick undergeared people!
    • Options
      ggsurr20ggsurr20 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      I never said this is the only problem, people are abusing it in many ways. But at this is a fixable problem!

That's something we can agree on.:D
      -GGsurr20 - 17k Great Weapon Fighter-

-GGsurr15 - 10k Guardian Fighter-
      • Options
        lonqqylonqqy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
        edited May 2015
        Thanks because I'm the 17k gear score he is talking about lol! Oh and FYI! I don't kick TR's competing for loot, I kick undergeared people!

"Undergeared" I can understand if you're talking about Castle Never, but if your talking just generic T2's you really can't be undergeared... How do you expect the people to get the gear if they are constantly kicked? Gear doesn't decide how good someone is in the majority of cases.

"I don't kick TR's competing for loot, I kick undergeared people!"

Quite possibly the most hypocritical statement I've ever read. Well done.

If you're not worried about the loot how about you let them get it, so they can get the gear, and not be "Undergeared".

Kicking should only be done if you are in dire need of a Cleric or a Tank.
      • Options
        edited May 2015
        lonqqy wrote: »
        "Undergeared" I can understand if you're talking about Castle Never, but if your talking just generic T2's you really can't be undergeared... How do you expect the people to get the gear if they are constantly kicked? Gear doesn't decide how good someone is in the majority of cases.

"I don't kick TR's competing for loot, I kick undergeared people!"

Quite possibly the most hypocritical statement I've ever read. Well done.

If you're not worried about the loot how about you let them get it, so they can get the gear, and not be "Undergeared".

Kicking should only be done if you are in dire need of a Cleric or a Tank.

Competition for loot... That still doesn't change the fact I don't want a dungeon to take an hour to complete... I always run with a cleric and tanks are not needed unless your doing castle never...

And low gear score equates to. Low dps, low buffs just all around useless... Gear in the proper order you will get kicked less!! Is it that hard to understand... I am speaking slow enough for you? Do you need your special helmet today? Get all blues- get all t1- advance get your t2's!! Don't be jumping ahead to castle never or t2 while still wearing greens!!
      • Options
        edited May 2015
        ggsurr20 wrote: »
        That's something we can agree on.:D

Cool! Good to know!
      • Options
        draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
        edited May 2015
        I agree with Wiryred to a degree. The statement I do agree with are people in greens running T2 content trying to skip ahead. This ticks me off to no end as a Cleric. It really makes keeping everyone alive more work than it has to be.

But in T1's I "get it" that alot of people will not be as geared as others but that is the point of these dungeons. So kicking undergeared people trying to get the gear is a vicious circle. >Dont have gear>trying to get gear>kicked for not having gear>Dont have gear> etc etc etc
      • Options
        goetzymamagoetzymama Member Posts: 49 Arc User
        edited May 2015
        Interesting to see the debate. This weekend my friends and I had to do some kicks because we simply needed a cleric. And boy some people got testy... but we didn't want to die over and over. Anyway, the only way that I can now increase my gear score right now is to run for t2 gear. I have only been playing for 17 days. My gear score is 10k. I'm only on the icespire campaign. How else am I to up my gear score without getting an opportunity to run through and hope to get some t2 gear? While I feel like a red-headed step child as a GWF... but I also need a chance. I shouldn't get kicked just because of my score. I mean, I played with a lock with 12k gear and he sucked because he was just standing around. GS does not immediately equal a quality player.
        Yes, I'm female. No, you can't see my HAMSTER.

Level 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Caimeta
        Level 60 Guardian Fighter - Princess Clappy
        Level 60 Control Wizard - Rashenbo
        Next up... Butcher of Lock Love
        I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code
      • Options
        edited May 2015
        goetzymama wrote: »
        Interesting to see the debate. This weekend my friends and I had to do some kicks because we simply needed a cleric. And boy some people got testy... but we didn't want to die over and over. Anyway, the only way that I can now increase my gear score right now is to run for t2 gear. I have only been playing for 17 days. My gear score is 10k. I'm only on the icespire campaign. How else am I to up my gear score without getting an opportunity to run through and hope to get some t2 gear? While I feel like a red-headed step child as a GWF... but I also need a chance. I shouldn't get kicked just because of my score. I mean, I played with a lock with 12k gear and he sucked because he was just standing around. GS does not immediately equal a quality player.

Your absolutely right, but at 10k gs your ready for t2, or at least the start. It's the people right at the bare minimum 8300, that get kicked... Skill or not, your gear isn't good enough to be an asset to the party. That's why I am looking for raising the gear score requirements. It would help all around and stop people who are not ready for the next tier from going there too soon! Less vote kicking would happen, it wouldn't stop all, but it would decrease it substantially
      • Options
        inlove2marrowinlove2marrow Member Posts: 30
        edited May 2015
        I love bananas
      • Options
        jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
        edited May 2015
        Competition for loot... That still doesn't change the fact I don't want a dungeon to take an hour to complete... I always run with a cleric and tanks are not needed unless your doing castle never...

And low gear score equates to. Low dps, low buffs just all around useless... Gear in the proper order you will get kicked less!! Is it that hard to understand... I am speaking slow enough for you? Do you need your special helmet today? Get all blues- get all t1- advance get your t2's!! Don't be jumping ahead to castle never or t2 while still wearing greens!!

Look, just give people your gamertag so they can block you, it will reduce the chances of them being matched with you so you no longer have to kick people with a lower gear score......Its a win win.
      • Options
        mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
        edited May 2015
        What about the people that are at 9.5k GS and vote to kick someone who is at 12.8K GS with the reason saying "gear score too low"? This happened last night. The vote failed but at the end of the dungeon I had 8 million more damage than 2nd place. I am a lvl 60 GWF by the way
      • Options
        lonqqylonqqy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
        edited May 2015

You really don't understand Gear score do you?

The stats on gear doesn't necessarily mean you will have higher GS. You could quite easily have 17k GS and have all the wrong enchantments. Or you could have 12k GS, all the right stuff for your build just lacking secondary artifacts and rank 10s. Now wait for it, heres the kicker, GS merely is a number the game rates the stuff you have, It literally equates to nothing in terms of a players stats. Now hop off your high horse wallet warrior.
      • Options
        edited May 2015
        lonqqy wrote: »
        You really don't understand Gear score do you?

The stats on gear doesn't necessarily mean you will have higher GS. You could quite easily have 17k GS and have all the wrong enchantments. Or you could have 12k GS, all the right stuff for your build just lacking secondary artifacts and rank 10s. Now wait for it, heres the kicker, GS merely is a number the game rates the stuff you have, It literally equates to nothing in terms of a players stats. Now hop off your high horse wallet warrior.

You mad you keep getting kicked? And yeah higher stats on gear equates to a higher gear score.... The game tabulates gear score based off of primary stats ie: power, def, deflection, armour pen ect... Things like a soul forge or Vorpal do not count towards gear score. But thanks for jumping down my throat, more referring to the 9k nubs trying to run castle never or short cutting gear progression by going after t2 way before they are ready, basically bringing a team down! If you want to carry them feel free to do so, but people like me " credit card warriors" lol don't want to! Hence why the lowbies keep getting the boot!
      • Options
        edited May 2015
        jrourke wrote: »
        Look, just give people your gamertag so they can block you, it will reduce the chances of them being matched with you so you no longer have to kick people with a lower gear score......Its a win win.

Yeah, that's never going to happen. I wouldn't post my information in a public forum. But feel free to post yours and I will make sure to block you! No problem there!
      • Options
        mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
        edited May 2015
        jrourke wrote: »

You forgot, wallet warriors don't share their gt for they know they couldn't do anything if they didn't buy all their gear
      • Options
        edited May 2015
        mrdurva wrote: »
        What about the people that are at 9.5k GS and vote to kick someone who is at 12.8K GS with the reason saying "gear score too low"? This happened last night. The vote failed but at the end of the dungeon I had 8 million more damage than 2nd place. I am a lvl 60 GWF by the way

That is completely off the topic, of the point I'm trying to make... Your always going to meet bad kids, but if you progress up the gear ladder properly, you will get kicked less and less...
      • Options
        edited May 2015
        I love bananas

So do I!! I also love apples and oranges!
      This discussion has been closed.