Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Update: Trove of Elemental Evil Email Code

Comments

• Options
    sandyweidsandyweid Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    I have a mail server of my own, I can create a hundred email accounts in 1 second (all with different domains, if I wanted to). Signing up takes 2 minutes, so I can potentially have up to 100 accounts in a couple of hours, maybe less.

Indeed ! Thats true , i also had a mailserver in the past. But you could get the item only from rhe Reward Agent in the Protectors Enclave. and all i know you have to do the tutorial befor you able to access that zone. If you do that more than twice in an hour you deserve the extra award :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pwesucks1000pwesucks1000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is so easy to fix it isn't even worth telling intelligent people........ok so here goes....make all gifts from you guys (ready?) BIND ON PICKUP just saying would fix so many of your problems.....
  • Options
    chrepp12chrepp12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Shame on the few who ruin it for the many. I hope that you can resolve the issue and that everyone behaves in the future.
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    robrobson wrote: »
    I cannot redeem my code :( It says it expired.
    yeah i tryed also seems like they disaled it after everyone that was duping it ogt what they wanted, pity those of us that didnt check emials often dont even get a single box while dupers have moved all there stuff to mains via AH creating plausile denyability cataday 2.0

:mad: not even a single companion and my acount ownes founders and fey pack amoungst 1000 other things
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    for those that got the previous promo, is it possible you disable them getting items and give us the same item but make it bind on account?

no point giving exploiters 2 promo's - it does suck for anyone who only did it once but fair is fair 1 promo for everyone.
  • Options
    pendragonfcpendragonfc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I received the code and just this morning tried to redeem the code to find out that it was already redeemed. I would just like to know what else will be done to fix this issue and what we can expect in the future with the codes being emailed out to players?
  • Options
    r3dtheblackwidowr3dtheblackwidow Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you know it is sad when all people do is play to exploit as much as they can . . . ruins the experience for the rest of us. I am saddened that when I got the email today I tried it, and subbed a ticket for which they sent me to read this damned long thread.very little info and lots of unhappy gamers. . . me too.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eh, they will do what they can. As I said before this was a whoops. Be glad they shut it down as fast as they did before the AH got flooded with ridiculous priced elementals.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    geldrinhor62geldrinhor62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's exactly where I was headed to ask. I got the code (it was sent April 18th 2:11 pm Pacific time) around 11 pm Pacific time and when I tried to redeem it, it came back EXPIRED, which confused the blazes outta me. Thanks for the clear up. :)
  • Options
    anglopanglop Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It was a great gesture from the team of neverwinter give these codes to us the gaming community but by the bad action of some who only want to exploit as many faults now see nobody has anything , my code I get but I can not use it, please fix this ... Thanks !!!!
  • Options
    scb45244scb45244 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i just logged into my email and tried to reddem my code i was sent as well i feel sad that it doesnt work man cant you just like temporaraly ban the peoples accounts who messed this up that would satisfy me
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lordrhavin wrote: »
    I completely dont understand this, i could code a simple routine in almost any language (c++, perl, java, …) that would simply check the string on server-side before posting into channel and flag it appropriate. I'd let the spammer think his offer has been posted by just posting at his log and no one else would see it. i wouldnt even need regex for that, you just have to look for certain chars occuring in their special order with some certain nonalphas in between. Its a simple replace numbers and alpha-looking nonalphas with their alpha, remove whitespace and placeholders like _ and a table-check. And once a new site has been setup, you update the table. ITS SO SIMPLE!!

The profanity filter is allready in place, and could be used as base to start from.
    - add a way to let us edit the rule set, so, that the filter is allways uptodate
    - as you mentioned, let the spam only show on the spammer client...

And i'm not sure, why they should waste any resources on going after those people, that used this gift code more then once with different accounts...
    Just make a new code, every character gets the same reward but this time account bound, and just delete any of the old boxes still ingame.

But get the clean up going now, before those boxes are opened...

And as mentioned before, use your resources instead for giving us something to deal with the goldseller spam in chat every single minute in PE!
    Btw. your change, to the level restriction (level 10 or 15?) to being able to use the zone chat, didn't help a bit to battle the goldseller spam... sure, it slowed them down at first, but atm they are back in full swing.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    This is not the first promotion that you forgot to bind appropriately to account.

Those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    baocatbaocat Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is not the first promotion that you forgot to bind appropriately to account.

Those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

^ This. It seems like BOA is kinda required for this type of freebie, or exploiters will exploit. Especially if there's the possibility of getting anything worth $ out of the box.
  • Options
    sainar86sainar86 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi all,
    If i understand correctly this codes is somekind of a virus?
    Beacause i have the same code in my e-mail that i must submit it till the 1-st of may, or i didn`t understood something?

and one more interesting thing, that this e-mail comes from PerfectWorld it self how is that possible?!
  • Options
    lordwhitetigerlordwhitetiger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sainar86 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    If i understand correctly this codes is somekind of a virus?
    Beacause i have the same code in my e-mail that i must submit it till the 1-st of may, or i didn`t understood something?

and one more interesting thing, that this e-mail comes from PerfectWorld it self how is that possible?!

Virus? No, it was exploited.
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil for *I* am the meanest entity in the Valley!
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmmm, how can a code (random numbers and letters...) for something be a virus?
    You copy and paste the code into the Arc Launcher code redeem option in the upper left corner, or if that sounds to "risky" for your taste, you just write the code on a piece of paper and then type it into the Arc Launcher code redeem option...

Anyway, just read the first post, it explains what the code was, and why they had to deactivate it.

And another thing about this waste of time and money idea, to go after those "exploiter" accounts, just have a look a the chat in PE and how fast the goldseller can come up with new accounts to just spam a single line... keep in mind, they have to level to 10 or 15 to being able to spam in zone chat.

And you really think that it would make a difference to go after accounts created just for this one purpose? Accounts that only have to get one character to level 5 or out of the tutorial area to being able to claim that reward?
    I mean, really?
    Think again.

You want to do at least some justice?
    Delete all the old boxes from the game, right now, today if possible, and then give out new ones per character, and mark the loot as account bound.
    This will also hit a few, that didn't exploit the code itself, but that bought a box from the auctionhouse, but at least they would get something back, in form of a new box per character.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    stripe1001stripe1001 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for a quick check into it. As a suggestion you should next time alert players of the changes by the same method it originated with, I.E. in this case email. I was all the way to the submit button on the support section to notify you of the canceled code when I noticed the text at the bottom of the page explaining to come to this forum post for information. I can only hope that when you come up with a new code to issue with account bound versions of the gifts (assumed fix) that you will inform us of it in email as well as an updated forum post. Thanks for the great game and friend connections.
  • Options
    kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wow. kinda unfair. they got to redeem the code while we didn't. we expect something to compensate for this..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • Options
    skandranon68skandranon68 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the message too late. I tried to redeem it but was already disabled
    I hope I shall get a new one too
    I also hope in a shorter time as well, since I am still waiting for the extra life reward.........
    Then again, I had a very bad start of the day today and it looks like is going to go further down the drain.....
    :-(
  • Options
    ohsvetlanaohsvetlana Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You have dedicated Honest legit players in this community. You should take a handful of them and Say " your our test team .... take a look at this before we put it on preview or release it "

Cause honestly, everything your releasing, they are exploiting.

It's getting to become " Good ol PWE " behavior.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ok if the people creating accounts to redeem the codes to sell them or something else, then why send codes to players? for what perpose?
    just make this items bound to account and the problem is solved?! For example in SWTOR you recieve the presents like codes also and and all item are bound to account
  • Options
    elfwizard1970elfwizard1970 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why didn't you just make the item or items account bound?
    Hi Neverwinter Community,

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.
  • Options
    heavysighheavysigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yesterday, our team distributed an email commemorating the launch of Neverwinter: Elemental Evil. Within the email was a code redeemable for an in-game item titled The Trove of Elemental Evil, which offers players a chance to win several in-game items including elemental companions. At the time, we distributed one code, which would be redeemable by all players until May 1, 2015.

Once the code was distributed, we saw a larger amount of players redeem the code. Unfortunately, the code was easily exploitable as the in-game item did not bind to the account and were re-sold via the Auction House. In addition to re-selling the item, we saw several instances where players created additional Arc accounts to continuously redeem the code. With the entire situation in mind, our team decided to disable the codes.

Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign. Our desire was to send a fun and compelling gift to our players going into the a weekend of Neverwinter adventures. We still want to do good by this as rewarding our dedicated fans is important to us. Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

I have been a fan and supporter and player and Founder since day one to present of Neverwinter. Thanks for making a great game and I appreciate the attempt at rewarding players. I apologized immature *** Hats had to ruin your good will attempt.

Sincerely,

A fan of Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I am also a fan of Nevewinter and the game is great without question! but as clonkyo1 wrote:
    "Will you will you compensate us" or this codes only for friends?
  • Options
    matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am wondering if the people who used this exploit, were the same people advertising and spamming "Buy AD from our website...so we can hack your account" players?

Very disappointed that a few ruined it for everyone.

Also I have to say this, knowing the message will probably get removed...I am disappointed the Devs failed to spot such a obvious route for an exploit in the first place :(.

Really hope you can fix this issue, as it looks a good celebration reward for loyal players :)
  • Options
    damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As the GIFT was exactly that - a GIFT, requesting 'compensation' for the loss or lack of it seems rather inappropriate. For example, if i was to try and give you a pair of new shoes but, for whatever justifiable, good and necessary reason I was unable to, would you think it was appropriate to demand 'compensation'?

I don't think anyone needs 'compensation', just that if the situation and issue was resolved to 'reset' the prior status that would be sufficient at the least. IF (and only if) the developers decide they feel like again providing their players with a gift then I think that would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People who ask to be "compensated" for a gift, really do not understand the word gift.

I wish the few didn't spoil it for the rest of us. I was looking forward to the Trove.

Thank you Cryptic for the swift reply. Appreciated.
  • Options
    twiztedstoner420twiztedstoner420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Just Make it a bound to account item then no one can sell it
This discussion has been closed.