test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin

Comments

• lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's a known bug that's been around since the release of the oathbound paladin on the preview shard. Since mod 6 is delayed hopefully they'll fix the glaring bugs with paladins but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Testing in Spinward Rise I felt the Devotion Paladin lacks in this particular area compared to the other Paragon. Both do little damage, but what separates them is survivability. With the Devotion Paladin I was barely able to outheal the minor HEs, while they were not even scratching the Protection build.

For a T5 feat and its skillcap it does too little damage. Comparison: Aura of Courage contributes about 35% of my damage, Purifying Fire 6%.

The droprate of the Messages needs to be higher.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    anyone succesed killing healin paladin in pvp yet?
    they seem to be immortal atm i tried to CC lock them and burst them down but it doesnt work the amount of temp hp/heals they have is insane
    all of the paladins i fought were not even geared and i also noticed they can break from prone with cleansing touch.

im talking about lv 70 vs lv 70.

Edit:cleansing touch definitely needs a tone down.

Why woudent they be able to break from pron with cleansing its a CC break after all
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree it shouldnt be breaking prones.
    Thats the only benefit for Prone over stuns besides those who are prone cannot deflect.

But Oathbound Paladin needs buffs in ALOT of other areas before this gets adjusted.
  • theshadowbreakertheshadowbreaker Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2015
    anyone succesed killing healin paladin in pvp yet?
    they seem to be immortal atm i tried to CC lock them and burst them down but it doesnt work the amount of temp hp/heals they have is insane
    all of the paladins i fought were not even geared and i also noticed they can break from prone with cleansing touch.

im talking about lv 70 vs lv 70.

Edit:cleansing touch definitely needs a tone down.

Did that paladin kill you? I don't understand why you expect that you should kill paladin 1vs1 when he can't even scratch you, it's stalemate and nothing is wrong with this. For now paladins can't do anything outside of capping and specific support, they don't have good pvp CC's, don't have damage, slow as hell, so if they can't hold their ground 1vs1 2vs1 3vs1 long enough they are completely useless pvp wise. I don't plan to play paladin anymore as it is the most sluggish class and I don't believe it will ever change but with current design they should be unkillable 1vs1 with similarly geared opponents to be useful. As I was testing my CW, 2vs1 healing paladins melt fast enough and if you tone their survivability down they will become garbage without serious overhaul.

We are talking about dominion not broken Icewind pvp area, right?
    edited March 2015
    IWD is only broken when u enter here at lvl 60-69 scaled to 70 the paladins i fought were lv 70s with just 40-50k hp and green-epic eq it was impossible to kill any of them.

its sometimes impossible to kill immortal clerics also especially if there using lathandars and Perfect SF enchantments
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    i could kill lv 70 bis geared healing cleric with 97k hp but paladin in epic/greens and 40-50k hp?not happening.

I find that hard to believe especialy when a cleric has a better chance at actually killing you then OP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    voltomey wrote: »
    I find that hard to believe especialy when a cleric has a better chance at actually killing you then OP

better chance of actually killing you by FAAAR!
    edited March 2015
    IWD is only broken when u enter here at lvl 60-69 scaled to 70 the paladins i fought were lv 70s with just 40-50k hp and green-epic eq it was impossible to kill any of them.
    No, it always had issues and in mod 6 it has even more problems, we were testing 3vs3 all 70's there few patches earlier and only TR could kill anybody, GF and Cleric were also immortal here. You are seriously whining about pvp balance in IWD? Play dominion, record video with your problem and we can start talking. Don't provoke nerfs that can totally devastate this class in PvE and PvP.

Of course you didn't answer my question? Did he kill you? You want to kill opponent 1vs1 that can't kill you and you don't see anything wrong with it. As I see it your class (why you didn't tell us any details is also quite puzzling) and that Paladin were both immortal.
  • killernorekillernore Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG: Feat - Vengeful judge (Justice tree), Oath of Protection
    Seems this feat doesn't work in protector's oath. After using Tab key paladin receives protector's buff, but do not receive Judge. Damage isn't increased, cooldowns aren't reduced. At the same time this feat correctly work in Oath of Devotion.

still no working in oath of protection path

still same no work in oath of protection
  • asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sanctuary - delayed activation and sometimes it doesnt activate at all

Justice tree cap stone doesnt trigger in Protection oath

Trash mobs in IWD and even WoD eat away the Protection Paladin's temp HP in one hit and kill him with the next 2 hits.

I have been looking forward to playing a paladin since they announced it and now after reading all the bugs and lack of survivability, I am not so sure I want to play one now. will they be adding updates for this class so that we know they are working on fixes or has the budget been blown for this class now and we won't see any improvement until mod 8?
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Sanctuary - delayed activation and sometimes it doesnt activate at all

Justice tree cap stone doesnt trigger in Protection oath

Trash mobs in IWD and even WoD eat away the Protection Paladin's temp HP in one hit and kill him with the next 2 hits.

Did something majorly change since the Blakc Hole item issue?

Because back then my Paladin was doing fine in WoD, though my damage output was pathetic vs the tough Shield Mob.
  • blackomen9000blackomen9000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    asmose01 wrote: »
    I have been looking forward to playing a paladin since they announced it and now after reading all the bugs and lack of survivability, I am not so sure I want to play one now. will they be adding updates for this class so that we know they are working on fixes or has the budget been blown for this class now and we won't see any improvement until mod 8?

Given that the devs haven't even fixed the longest standing bug with the sanctuary skill not even working half the time, in 6 updates now, and even with the month+ launch extention. I can "with reasonable certainty" claim that this class will be "broken as all hell" come April 7th. And likely won't see fixes for "at least" another month if not more, after all, they haven't fixed squat in the past two months.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Given that the devs haven't even fixed the longest standing bug with the sanctuary skill not even working half the time, in 6 updates now, and even with the month+ launch extention. I can "with reasonable certainty" claim that this class will be "broken as all hell" come April 7th. And likely won't see fixes for "at least" another month if not more, after all, they haven't fixed squat in the past two months.

I can almost also guarantee that when they do fix Paladin, they will over fix it,break something and make it beyond OP in one way or another,
    edited March 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    Did something majorly change since the Blakc Hole item issue?

Because back then my Paladin was doing fine in WoD, though my damage output was pathetic vs the tough Shield Mob.

Yeah, devs increased difficulty "a bit" by turning mobs there from 71 to 73. Only ranged classes with dodges and immunity frames can do anything here solo. Damage didn't change, it's still pathetic but now you are dying faster to see it, oh and binding oath damage was nerfed by roughly 60% because it did too much in epic dungeons on bis chars, it didn't matter skill was unusable in other conditions everywhere else before, now even more. If you want to do anything in WoD you must choose CW, everything else under performs. Paladin dies in 3 hits, conqueror GF in 5 by trash mobs, great survivability, especially when CW can take same amount of hits, do insane damage and control everything. In Icewind Dale encounters situation is even worse. If you are not ranged class with immunity frames and control or perma-stealth TR you are screwed. There is so many things broken that there is no way Paladin will be playable at end game when it hits live.
  • yatzolyatzol Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've tried oath bound paladin up to 62 and I have a level 60(or 70 in test)of every other class. That being said the mitigation/utlility of the Paladin class is not even close to being on par with most other classes. Then add in the crazy bad damage, and what you have is something that is not worth playing over a Devoted cleric or guardian fighter. Even with 500% aggro guys a 2000 dmg average hit is not going to generate enough threat when every one is putting out 50k + hits. Considering the big up to gaurdian fighter damage I don't understand why the paladin's is so bad when his mistigation is worse, his encounter shields do practically nothing and do no dmg. I mean come one when a normal group of mods takes you down to 25% in the first volley where is the utility. Then to not die you have to have clensing touch an lay hands slotted which drops damage even more and loses mitigation skills.
    edited March 2015
    The people saying paladins are op an canjust stand in the middle of 10 mobs an take no damage have not actually tested the class
  • felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yatzol wrote: »
    The people saying paladins are op an can just stand in the middle of 10 mobs an take no damage have not actually tested the class

They can during the levelling process, but once the enemies start hitting harder like in the lvl 70 dungeons, they can't do much. Like most other classes they just die from getting hit by pretty much anything instead.
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder
    edited April 2015
    Awsome man : ) ^^^^
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Cleansing Touch: I like how this power works, however it doesn't appear to work as described. Please don't change it to work as described, just change the description so it matches what the power does.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • krazyrkrazyr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, if I am reading the patch notes for tomorrows list correctly, I do not believe that the pally that was on test is what is going live.

I do not see all of the aura's listed. The low level "Ice Knife", aka Divene Judgement, a good source of damage is no longer an "Ice Knife" and is now: Divine Judgment: For 20 seconds you and all allies within 30' deal bonus radiant damage each time they cast a spell or attack a foe.

I really wonder just how different they are going to be and if everything we have tested was just place holders....

OR I could be reading it completely wrong and it will be just like it was on test.

Anyone else wonder if the test was a tease?
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Divine Judgement is definitely different now, and the level 60 and 65 Aura's are completely different.

Here's the Aura's on preview right now:

Aura of Valor: Allies within 30' at below 40% HP cause you to generate 100% more threat. This effect stacks.

Aura of Solitude: When no allies are within 30' you deal 12% more damage and healing.

And here's what they've got on the patch notes:

Aura of Haste:
    You and allies within 30' move 20% faster and generate AP 20% faster.

Aura of the Templar: You and allies within 30' have 5% more crit and have 15% more critical severity.

I'd consider this an upgrade overall, especially since (IIRC) companions counted as allies which kind of negated Solitude for those with augment pets.

Templar's Wrath's temp HP with Protection is suddenly 15% instead of 300%.

And check out Vow of Enmity, this is new: Once a target has been marked by Vow, subsequent casts of this power cause the Paladin to unleash a brutal strike on that target.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • krazyrkrazyr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    So... Paladin testing on the live server?

That is what I am thinking... Do I not see our gap closer or have my eyes blurred and I need to go to sleep....
    edited April 2015
    300% Temp HP from Templar's Wrath was way too much, but 15% is waaaaaay too little. I wonder if that's a sign that OP damage is getting some kind of bump up. I sure hope so.
    edited April 2015
    All I can say is I saw it coming. Ive known Cryptic for awhile, this is just like them.

Templar's Wrath '300% temp HP' - this was the only reason I had for rolling a Protector Paladin.

yep, I'm probably going to go with a healing Paladin now.
  • platinumsavageplatinumsavage Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well, as the paladin has a shield, should he/she not be able to block with it?
    it's kinda bugging me, that I can't block with my shield as paladin, the sanctuary is awesome, but not being able to block with a shield up does not make sense.
    that is pretty much all I would say you should change about the paladin, other than that, they're awesome :D
  • dragnelligna11dragnelligna11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i think paladin class does not overpowered...paladin's skills is more than give an or multiple enemy pure damage....but we have to see, that so many debuff and buffs on almost all skills that paladin have ,start from at-will, daily till encounter.....eventough u have a small power to deal some damage, u will always almost deal a large damage because of all that debuff and buffs.....for example some of at-will is giving u a buff "armor penetration" for every single attack....and the other like valorious strike, "damage resistant" per hit.......( sorry for my english)
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well, as the paladin has a shield, should he/she not be able to block with it?
    it's kinda bugging me, that I can't block with my shield as paladin, the sanctuary is awesome, but not being able to block with a shield up does not make sense.
    that is pretty much all I would say you should change about the paladin, other than that, they're awesome :D

You do block, but you don't block damage directly (though I do get amusement out of healing faster than the damage I'm taking), you block prone and similar cc effects (but not pushes strangely).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You do block, but you don't block damage directly (though I do get amusement out of healing faster than the damage I'm taking), you block prone and similar cc effects (but not pushes strangely).

Just FYI: Push/knockback is not 'officially' considered cc, though complaints about that in PvP have caused the Devs to make immunity also create immunity for pushes and knickknacks.

As for the Paladin experience so far: I'm completely loving it. I kept bouncing between DC and GF over the last couple years because: no Paladin. My Neverwinter enjoyment is now complete. Ranking a Devotion path right now and when he hits 70 Imagonna roll a Protection version next. Re-leveling all over again is fresh and fun.
This discussion has been closed.