Install Arc
Options

new pvp gear can be goten first day u lvl

Comments

• Options
    mrsmcsmithymrsmcsmithy Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2015
    kaenkira wrote: »
    Funny how all the PVP players flocked to protect their god given right to buy PVP gear right away.
    You're saying you only want to PVP and you need to have fair fights right from the start? Well I say I want to finish new harder PVE dungeons without wiping with an undergeared group.

See this guy/girl gets it , I'm just trying to imagine what this debate would look like if it was the other way round and pve bis sets were bought with drake seals and pvp sets had a whole new currency that couldn't be farmed until module 6 then the gear had to be upgraded using a profession that also needs to be ranked up before you could upgrade the pvp set , I'm sure the pvp players would be completely and totally fine with that . /sarcasm ...
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't know what people are crying about. You get to buy lvl 61 pve gear straight away. Then you also pick up new gear from mobs drop and quests rewards for FREE. If that is not enough, you can craft new black ice gear, oh wait do you also want a new currency for black ice gear?
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    What is the undeniable fact that you are ignoring? It is the fact that you are obviously unwilling to play PvP content. Therefore, you do not get new PvP armor. Considering you do not PvP, you DO NOT NEED PvP armor. So what is this really about?

This is about you getting new PvE armor. You will be able to handle solo content for leveling to 70 in your level 60 gear. You WILL earn your PvE armor before too long. It's all about YOU.

This is one of the most childish, selfish topics I have seen on these forums.

See, here's the problem. The new PVE content is no longer solo-friendly. Mobs hit for 200k and have millions of HP. You think your opponent in PVP is gonna have million HP? I don't think so. One-shoting bosses are the current reality unless devs are gonna do a reality check. So no, we can't make do in 60 gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    And to make you PvE players feel better. There are a bunch of new PvE content for you to enjoy, while PvP is pretty much the same for over a year.

The end game for PvE and PvP is different, so stop comparing and only stating the only things that you see PvP have benefits in. When clearly both sides have benefits in different ways if you only just open your eyes (or perhaps play both PvE and PvP then you'll become smarter )

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You can level from 60-70 in level 60 gear.

The "end-game" zones will require you to have better armor. By then, you will have the armor you require. This really is not difficult to comprehend. It's been stated over and over again. The free armor that drops, ALONE, are going to be significant upgrades for PvE players.

Let's see. PVE gear as of today requires leveling alchemy to 25 + running 12 day long tasks 15 times. Black ice crafthing (requires Icewind Dale completed). And hundreds of tokens that drop from new harder dungeons. If you wipe in a dungeon you don't get a loser glory reward or AD.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's see. PVE gear as of today requires leveling alchemy to 25 + running 12 day long tasks 15 times. Black ice crafthing (requires Icewind Dale completed). And hundreds of tokens that drop from new harder dungeons. If you wipe in a dungeon you don't get a loser glory reward or AD.

then again, gaunt is your friend.
    i make so much sense people just skip it to avoid losing arguments.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

What? I was playing on preview and I got a lot of gear that were an upgrade to what I have. And you're already planning on wiping in new dungeons before you've tried it. i guess that's what seperates the PvE'ers from the rest. They want things to be easy and steamroll all contents, but will never set foot in PvP because it's too difficult.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't want to NEED PVP gear just to do PVE.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    jaotut wrote: »
    What? I was playing on preview and I got a lot of gear that were an upgrade to what I have. And you're already planning on wiping in new dungeons before you've tried it. i guess that's what seperates the PvE'ers from the rest. They want things to be easy and steamroll all contents, but will never set foot in PvP because it's too difficult.

And yet you want your BiS because otherwise it's going to be too hard? Hi pot, meet kettle.
  • Options
    joan234joan234 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Fair solution make pvp gear go to zero stats in PvE areas. Make a total separation from pvp and pve. That way a pvp geared person can't just go farming pve content while the PvE player us struggling through
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    you need nothing but stop crying. your arguments are honestly silly at best
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Again, you DO NOT REQUIRE PVP GEAR for the content you play. It is a different segment of the game. IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU. You can play PvE content with various sets of armor, including freely dropped armor. The armor you reference above IS NOT NEEDED for PvE content. If you want it, earn it.

It's not like the above requirements are very difficult to achieve for a veteran player. If you haven't completed IWD already, that's on you.

I'm not saying I want it. I'm just saying that PVE equivalent is 10x harder an longer to get.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    and you all forgot to complain when it was the other way around?

however 80k glory and 20 sigils is not a 10 days job
  • Options
    edited March 2015

You don't. Well I know I don't anyway. I enjoy some challenging PvE content, right now on live, you can clear all content with blue gear.

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And yet you want your BiS because otherwise it's going to be too hard? Hi pot, meet kettle.

Wat? PvP'ing requires you to be BiS, because you fight other players, who also try to be BiS. Because PvP will always bring a higher geared/skilled opponent, it's an endless cycle with endless progression. Yet, you don't need to be BiS to be successful in PvE, so why complain? Jealousy?

BTW, my 18k GS SW has 2278 item lvl on preview, when the higher dungeon requirement is 2000.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    and you all forgot to complain when it was the other way around?

however 80k glory and 20 sigils is not a 10 days job

And that was when? PVP sets with tenacity? Or black ice? With Black ice everyone started fresh because it was a new mod. It's not like glory only started existing yesterday.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm not saying I want it. I'm just saying that PVE equivalent is 10x harder an longer to get.

PvE hard??? I have yet to see that since CN a few modules ago

• Options
    joan234joan234 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Them keeping it the way it is now. That will be like pulling the trigger for the sixth time in a Russian roulette game. Put the gun down and walk away you still lose but at least you get to walk away. Think I'm wrong I'm not and they know it. News flash girls and boys. They tries making pvp happy and it landed them where? I'm not saying you shouldn't have your pvp. I'm saying though that yes they nee to cater to the PvE. Otherwise 14% labor reduction will look like nothing more than letting summer internship students go.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    And that was when? PVP sets with tenacity? Or black ice? With Black ice everyone started fresh because it was a new mod. It's not like glory only started existing yesterday.
    guess of was forced to pve to obtain a set for pvp back in mod 3?
    oh i couldnt farm it by doing gaunt pvp.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    guess of was forced to pve to obtain a set for pvp back in mod 3?
    oh i couldnt farm it by doing gaunt pvp.

You think PVE players were happy about mod 3 aka Icewind Fail? It was the worst of both worlds for both PVE and PVP. That's when entire guilds started to thin out.
    The mod was experimental and introduced us to the god awful contribution base Heroics. But that's not the topic.
  • Options
    mafoi1515mafoi1515 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    PVP gear sets (other then maybe the TR one) has always been substandard to pve sets for PVE purposes (sometimes by a little, sometimes by a wide margin)

If you do not pvp, why do you care?

Secondly, don't fool yourself, sure alot of our average joes will take awhile to gear up, but there will be people with the 4 new artifact gear, new artifact slot and whatever new pve gear best will be within 72 hours of Mod 6. All at mythic level.
    :o, and "twinkers" start lvl15 pvp with rank12 + highest anything "day ZERO", ;D.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpet wrote: »
    pvp players can get new gear soon lvl 70while rest of us will need to grind i dont think this is fair new pvp set should need new curency like pve set

You have until next month to grind for Glory the same way PvP players can. If you want the level 70 PvP set as soon as possible then you can start accumulating Glory and Seals now also.

Please don't ask for more currencies, we have too many already.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    As a PvP player, I feel it is good that some of the grinding can be done ahead of time. It gives more casual PvP players an equal head start with what they have worked for over time rather than forcing everyone to start from scratch, leading to only those who are hardcore grinders to get gear much faster.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    joan234 wrote: »
    Them keeping it the way it is now. That will be like pulling the trigger for the sixth time in a Russian roulette game. Put the gun down and walk away you still lose but at least you get to walk away. Think I'm wrong I'm not and they know it. News flash girls and boys. They tries making pvp happy and it landed them where? I'm not saying you shouldn't have your pvp. I'm saying though that yes they nee to cater to the PvE. Otherwise 14% labor reduction will look like nothing more than letting summer internship students go.

Heh I think you have it backwards. Most of the hardcore pvp'ers were whales.. and they left the game because PVP didnt change and we still have 1 style of pvp and 2 maps. Open world is barely done so I don't count it. Maybe they could have prevented 14% layoffs by focusing on pvp more.

PVE in this game is so simple and atrocious. I mean know one needs amazing gear to do it, there is no true raid or world content. HE's are not challenging and when they are it has more to do with the zerg of mobs then actual tactics. Even if the mob you are fighting hits hard, he has 1 attack every 20 seconds.

I'm not sure what the problem is.. If you skipped GG for 4 months, why should I suffer because you don't get to have armor. And its level 70 so you still need to level up to wear it. Not like I am going to compete with your pve'ing anyways and you won't be pvp'ing.
    GShBCGl.jpg