Install Arc
Options

new pvp gear can be goten first day u lvl

Comments

• Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    I guess ontop of all of that, you could ALSO have players who have stockpiled RP and have enough RP for all the new MH/OH equipment the day they turn lvl 70 and get the green item.

Should we add new RP requirements then too and make all the old RP obsolete?

I think the key is to increase the requirements but GIVE increased rewards, nullifying or diminishing advantages of players today without making it harder for new players in the future.

Also they could consider making the PVP Seal Quests a 12 hour CD, and increasing the costs of seals per piece. Allowing players to get up to 4 seals per day now. Or even an 8 hour quest.

I guess with the removal of set bonuses and such you can use 1-2 pieces of the set and build it over time, There's less need to have a full set of gear so in that sense having 1 piece pvp and 3 pve might still be disadvantageous (due to tenacity) but at least you're not missing out of 2 potential set bonus boosts anymore.

I'd still like to see more tenacity sets / options at 70 though, or at least a budget option for 70 pvp for new players who level to 70 and struggle to afford it. Think of all the level 70 paladins in PVP using PVE gear complaining about how they died too fast and that they need buffs.

(then again with the way paladins are on preview at the moment I cannot see them dying at all except to maybe Tr's, Dat Tankiness)

I sort of see the direction they're trying to take the game, removal of set bonuses allows for more variation in gear,

But with tenacity this only really fits PVE as PvP will always have a BiS set of gear due to the need to have high tenacity. there are also far too many unviable/underpowered skills (mighty leap, Infernal Spheres) on ALL classes in the game which also lessens the ability to have variable builds. Its hard to make everything worth using though.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    When i checked the new sets on preview (after the Elemental <tree name> sets were removed) i got a bad impression about them all. I think that Profound sets are sightly better that the Element's PvP sets. In fact and from my PoV, the only good thing that Element sets just gives to any char is the almost +50K HP pool due the lack of "specialization" (ArP/Power, Defense/Deflection, etc) and the lack of "bonus set"

yeah I see this also. The extra 50,000 HP is pretty good though as that's potentially doubling your HP or more. as well as the higher stat scaling in general is required at 70 with the stat curve.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    PVP Players cannot actually farm enough Glory to buy a full set when Module 6 drops.

Glory is capped at 50,000 Glory, which means at most someone could buy 2 pieces by farming ahead of time. (24k for Body, 14~19k for other pieces).

Unless you remove the ability to trade triumph and GG coins for glory, they can.

• Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What's wrong with the pvp gear in level 70? If you want to be fair, then you can prepare the glory too, player still able to farm glory while leveling 61-70. The level 70 pvp set is not a bad option to players when hit lv70 and have a decent basic gear to farm the lvl 70 dungeon.

Btw, gwf and sw farming glory is very painful as hell, especially trying to finish the pvp daily
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    seems you dont get it.encounter rewards are bind on equip ( can sell) pvp item is bind on pickup.i believe is also another one reason changed the rewards get from heralds or any encounter.The reason is the farm on encounters was very easy everyone had access maybe could lead some players to sell for real money the rewards.to end this pve player has option too to get the eternal set doing the dailies in wod.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    What's wrong with the pvp gear in level 70? If you want to be fair, then you can prepare the glory too, player still able to farm glory while leveling 61-70. The level 70 pvp set is not a bad option to players when hit lv70 and have a decent basic gear to farm the lvl 70 dungeon.

Btw, gwf and sw farming glory is very painful as hell, especially trying to finish the pvp daily

What about new players, existing players on existing characters can stock up on glory and GG / triumph coins yes, but the lack of a cheaper 70 option means that pvp at 61-70 is going to be near impossible to new people to break into without hundreds of horrible games of being completely dominated and earning 0 glory. we can argue that at 60 people can wear the existing sets, and with 60-69 being a new tier eventually all the players with high level boons in this group will be all 70. But once they reach 70 unless they farmed PVP extremely hard in preparation for 70 it's going to be horrendous for them. its nice that PVP can be competitive, but it needs an entry point for new players also or it's going to get even more deserted

I also point at the below quote. it seems its believed that players will not be able to farm GG/triumph and get full 70 pvp gear from the get-go , If they removed the GG/triumph to glory transfer then this would be true, but I'm not sure that's going to happen (would make GG pretty much useless)
    PVP Players cannot actually farm enough Glory to buy a full set when Module 6 drops.

Glory is capped at 50,000 Glory, which means at most someone could buy 2 pieces by farming ahead of time. (24k for Body, 14~19k for other pieces).

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    I guess with the removal of set bonuses and such you can use 1-2 pieces of the set and build it over time, There's less need to have a full set of gear so in that sense having 1 piece pvp and 3 pve might still be disadvantageous (due to tenacity) but at least you're not missing out of 2 potential set bonus boosts anymore.

I'd still like to see more tenacity sets / options at 70 though, or at least a budget option for 70 pvp for new players who level to 70 and struggle to afford it. Think of all the level 70 paladins in PVP using PVE gear complaining about how they died too fast and that they need buffs.

(then again with the way paladins are on preview at the moment I cannot see them dying at all except to maybe Tr's, Dat Tankiness)

I sort of see the direction they're trying to take the game, removal of set bonuses allows for more variation in gear,

But with tenacity this only really fits PVE as PvP will always have a BiS set of gear due to the need to have high tenacity. there are also far too many unviable/underpowered skills (mighty leap, Infernal Spheres) on ALL classes in the game which also lessens the ability to have variable builds. Its hard to make everything worth using though.

I guess another option they COULD look into would be adding "empowerment" to PVE sets much like Black Ice gear except you empower it with glory...

So you can buy the "base" PVP set which costs glory, or EMPOWER your PVE set - which basically adds a max stat of tenacity, but as a temporary tenacity buff.

This you have the best of both worlds.

PVP set - always had tenacity, farmed with glory/seals
    PVE sets - requires glory to empower, but only temporary buff like black ice.

Thus you can use either.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    all we re getting since few modules is pve content and nothing for pvp players now we get new pvp set and pve players complain

just what the f?

Well, the issue here is that the PVP sets are superior to the PVE sets in a PVE oriented game. PVE players should not have to play PVP to get their BiS set for PVE. I don't think the PVE or PVP community wants that...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    I guess another option they COULD look into would be adding "empowerment" to PVE sets much like Black Ice gear except you empower it with glory...

So you can buy the "base" PVP set which costs glory, or EMPOWER your PVE set - which basically adds a max stat of tenacity, but as a temporary tenacity buff.

This you have the best of both worlds.

PVP set - always had tenacity, farmed with glory/seals
    PVE sets - requires glory to empower, but only temporary buff like black ice.

Thus you can use either.

This is something I wish had been done back when they decided to do a PVP Module. empowerment would be the best option, but would require them making new versions of every single PvE armor item for the "empowered version"

Another potential idea could be adding "Tenacity" enchantments that go in utility slots, But they CANNOT be slotted in PvP gear. would be nice. they only have to give like 50-60% of the tenacity that the PvP set gives for it too make the gear at least viable in PvP (~150 per enchant, so gloves helm boots gives 450 total) they can either cost a moderate glory amount thats relatively easy to acheive (like 5k and 5 seals of triumph each) or just cost Ad/gold and require upgrading.

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, the issue here is that the PVP sets are superior to the PVE sets in a PVE oriented game. PVE players should not have to play PVP to get their BiS set for PVE. I don't think the PVE or PVP community wants that...

The set boni of the new PvE sets are not released, but the PvP sets are superior, good to know. Besides beformentioned fact, you can farm grym coins in GG, running FC or DK. Thats PvE. IF you think this new PvP sets are needed for PvE, farm GG coins. If you are to lazy to do so, dont complain about other ppl making the effort.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    The set boni of the new PvE sets are not released, but the PvP sets are superior, good to know. Besides beformentioned fact, you can farm grym coins in GG, running FC or DK. Thats PvE. IF you think this new PvP sets are needed for PvE, farm GG coins. If you are to lazy to do so, dont complain about other ppl making the effort.

As mentioned by Gcrush they arent adding set bonuses to mod 6 level 70gear yet, and will add new sets later with bonuses, as they want "set bonus" to be a rare thing.

• Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The way I see it, the PvP set should be free for everyone the first day. Then PvP would be more fun to play since the "noobs" would also have the PvP set. Free PvP set for everyone the first day would only bring balance to PvP and more equal fights and thats something the PvP in this game needs.

I don't really see the point in having to spend weeks to get a PvP set because the only effect you get from that are players without the right gear and that makes PvP a bad experience. You play PvP because you want to play against other players and have fun not to farm gear. PvP don't really need something to farm other than maybe RP.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you want a PvE set, grind dungeons or save AD to buy it. If you cannot accept we pvpers spend our long-time-max-capped glory to get 2/4 of a BoP set we cannot use at level 60, then i will like to disable all your rights to spend even only 1 AD on what you need. Also, i hope that you cannot use any RP you have in your inventory because this is illegal, you have to grind your RP bit by bit without buying RP or upgrading dragon hoards because you should start from scratch whenever there is new artifact gears. If you can accept these statements, i can burn all my glory and start grind glory again.

Your sincerely,
    A First batch Profound Gear Owner
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    PvP players can farm Glory in DOM.
    PvE players can farm Glory in GG Dungeons

This seems very fair to me?
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it's actually really funny here,
    I thought the "Fun of PvE is to discover all the new things Lol,
    and not to get it on one day..

btw there will be alot ppls with fully R12 transcendence on the first day. (mostly pvE players)
    well as pvp players it doesn't care for me haha,
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Really, there should be a PvE alternative. So far, we haven't heard of anything but the PvP set.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's say dev got more free time after mod 6 launch
    and they decide pre-develop mod 7 it's is wrong then?
    pre-farm is a fair contest everyone can do it just move yourself to do the grind if you want to
  • Options
    drakcertdrakcert Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like more the pve and I only have 30k glory by getting the artifact, but I find it stupid to cry because you get a Set. 70, they strove to achieve glory and gryms coins if you do not like you can do the same.

Or if you tell me now, you can get coins for the Set. 70 pve would not?
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How miserable is a player asking for this?
    Its like saying: "introduce a new AD currency because people will have good gear by buying it with prefarmed AD much faster than I do."

Its amazing how idotic posts from users are who dont even play the game seriously they are talkig about!

DONT change the glory or seal system! DONT introduce another currency! Actually pvp-playing needs BETTER rewards instead of more restrictions.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its like saying: "introduce a new AD currency because people will have good gear by buying it with prefarmed AD much faster than I do."

Its amazing how idotic posts from users are who dont even play the game seriously they are talkig about!

DONT change the glory or seal system! DONT introduce another currency! Actually pvp-playing needs BETTER rewards instead of more restrictions.

lol, yea add a new currency pls no more AD for M6 xD
    so all start by zero money this is fair enough,.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »

That kind of replies make you look really stupid. It's like saying only PVE players ever use astral diamonds to buy stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Funny how all the PVP players flocked to protect their god given right to buy PVP gear right away.
    You're saying you only want to PVP and you need to have fair fights right from the start? Well I say I want to finish new harder PVE dungeons without wiping with an undergeared group.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

People won't buy gear with AD because there won't be anyone to farm it and put on the AH. Except you know, PVP players who already have full 70 set.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    WE do not know what end game PVE sets will look like.

IT is pure speculation to think they will not introduce any.

ALSO with current stat redo on PVP sets, they are not AS good as they were just a week ago, though I hope for some sort of adjustment back.

ANYONE eve pve players can farm GG for coins and enter GG pvp, you MIGHT even come to like pvp.

I play both, always like both in ANY game ive played. What I dont get is the constant bashing by anyone in any camp.

Enjoy what you play.

Stop being miserable to others.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As already stated no one denies you the right to do gaunt and gearing with the same gear by only doing pve.
    If i have to be fair, coin farming is even faster than glory farming.
  • Options
    joan234joan234 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »

You do know they already made a new token currency right. 400 protectors seals I think is the cost per item. You've just made the argument of adding another pvp currency valid . The new protectors seals can not be prefarmed. Now if they had made the new PvE gear purchasable with the current seals you would have an argument. Yes the playing field should be equalized. Bigger picture if they try to force PvE players to fill an otherwise lackluster interest in pvp it will fail. They will drive away almost every PvE customer they have left. I personally would not touch pvp just so I can do PvE content. If they choice this path here is what'll happen.

The game in the state it's in is worthless zero market value for the game it's actually running at a loss if I have to guess. What dose give it value is the franchise name that at least gives them options. Sell it off is what I would do. Turbine would be nuts to pass on that sale. If the only value I have left is the copyrights and franchise that means that's where I want to go because some or a little profit is better than running at a loss. Oh and yes Turbine would or should be thinking exactly what I'm thinking as well

Side note time joined on forums has no correlation to how much time someone's played a game. Especially with people running it through steam and never having a need to go through arch in the first place. Not that it matters but I've played this game from just after dread ring released.