Install Arc
Options

new pvp gear can be goten first day u lvl

Comments

• Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    all i want is a even playing field either make the pvp gear use a new curancy or all gear use the same curancy it si only fair

You still don't get it. There are things you can buy with the current currency to help you in PvE, and there are also FREE items that you pick up along the way from drops and quest rewards. But with the release of NEW PvE content, they want people to play these content and get better gear. THIS is the end game for PvE, once you've gotten all the gear that you want, there is simply nothing else to do, and PvE players that don't PvP will get bored, and leave.

PvP end game is a different thing, objective is to win against other players. This is where things should be on an even playing field. The hardcore PvP players will have no problem at obtaining the best gear before any casual players.

If you also want this new PvP gear, as so many people have already told you, you can still get it without doing any PvP. Go farm Gyrm coins. It might be the best starting Epic gear once you hit level 70, but it has always been this way since the beginning. Fresh lvl 60 can farm for T1 or T2 PvP sets (before they're lvl 60) and use them until they get better PvE sets. But you were probably not around back then, since everyone is spoiled with being able to buy a full BiS PvE set for 20k.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    this thread should be locked as it brings 0 valid points.
    I agree, this should be locked and thrown to the DEPTHS!

dont know why but this comment reminded me of Billy Madison:
    tumblr_mq9i7wRs1R1rq33gvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    jaotut wrote: »
    You still don't get it. There are things you can buy with the current currency to help you in PvE, and there are also FREE items that you pick up along the way from drops and quest rewards. But with the release of NEW PvE content, they want people to play these content and get better gear. THIS is the end game for PvE, once you've gotten all the gear that you want, there is simply nothing else to do, and PvE players that don't PvP will get bored, and leave.

PvP end game is a different thing, objective is to win against other players. This is where things should be on an even playing field. The hardcore PvP players will have no problem at obtaining the best gear before any casual players.

If you also want this new PvP gear, as so many people have already told you, you can still get it without doing any PvP. Go farm Gyrm coins. It might be the best starting Epic gear once you hit level 70, but it has always been this way since the beginning. Fresh lvl 60 can farm for T1 or T2 PvP sets (before they're lvl 60) and use them until they get better PvE sets. But you were probably not around back then, since everyone is spoiled with being able to buy a full BiS PvE set for 20k.

all the curent seals are useless after 6 goes live there is no gear that can be bougt with drake seals ther are new seals coming out that we wont be able to start farming till after we hit lv 70 and as to you saying we can get gear along the way is like telling you to use lv 60for 6 months afte mod 6 goes live
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just stop feeding the Troll guys. The more we respond it keeps putting this back at the top, just let it go its apparent its going nowhere with him.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yep agreed, just trying to talk some sense into these people, but obviously they don't have the intelligence to comprehend.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jaotut wrote: »

Look, you don't get it.

It isn't about using the new gear for PVP matches. Nobody here cares what gear you use for your PVP matches.

It isn't about needing help gearing up. Pretty much everyone reading and participating in this discussion knows how to gear up.

It is about PVP players using the PVP gear being able to farm the new dungeons before any of the PVE players are even able to queue for the dungeons, or complete them, and therefore sell the new unbound loot for millions.

PVE players CANNOT pre-farm their gear in the same manner that PVP players can. It is impossible. The PVE gear is gated behind new currency (seals), or new materials (Unified Elements), that don't exist yet.

In case you hadn't heard, the new dungeons ARE quite hard and WILL require good lvl 70 gear, not just blue/green questing gear.

So imagine if there was a dungeon that dropped really awesome loot that PVP players were UNABLE to enter before all of the PVE players had farmed it to death (and therefore destroyed the market value of the loot via overfarming). Don't you think you'd be a little upset? That you had been treated unfairly and discriminated against? Try to put yourselves in our shoes for a moment.

Yes, sure, we PVE players could go into your PVP matches and just farm glory. Is that what you really WANT us to do? Haven't there been countless complaints in these forums about PVE players going into PVP matches who are undergeared, don't know what they are doing, and otherwise being a burden to their team because the only reason they are there is to obtain ADs or glory? Do you really WANT more of these players in your match?

Yes we could only do Gauntylgrym to get the new gear. It would take about 60 GG events in order to obtain all the Grym coins necessary to get the gear. That corresponds to approximately 300 Fardelver Crypt dungeon runs. You expect players to do the same dungeon *300 times* to get gear? You think this is a reasonable request?

But of course the reason why most of the PVPers here in the forum defend this state of affairs is because it so greatly benefits them.

So in order to treat BOTH sets of players with a modicum of even-handedness, I suggest EITHER that (a) the Unified Elements requirement for the updated Black Ice gear be removed, and that the updated Black Ice gear be converted into a PVE set (no tenacity), so that PVE players DO have an option to pre-farm their gear via PVE just like PVP players do now; OR (b) introduce a new currency for the PVP gear that all would have to farm in mod6, so that nobody is able to pre-farm their gear. I would prefer Option (a) myself, but either one is preferable to what we have now.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    It is about PVP players using the PVP gear being able to farm the new dungeons before any of the PVE players are even able to queue for the dungeons, or complete them, and therefore sell the new unbound loot for millions.

New dungeons DON'T DROP UNBOUND GEAR. Second, my 18k GS SW gets 2278 item lvl when I transfer him on preview, IT'S MORE THEN T2 DUNGEON REQUIREMENT. 60 LEVEL GEAR FROM LIVE.

In case you hadn't heard, the new dungeons ARE quite hard and WILL require good lvl 70 gear, not just blue/green questing gear.

So you "heard" then? Experienced them yourself? You hear the bell, but don't know where the sound's coming from.

Yes, sure, we PVE players could go into your PVP matches and just farm glory. Is that what you really WANT us to do? Haven't there been countless complaints in these forums about PVE players going into PVP matches who are undergeared, don't know what they are doing, and otherwise being a burden to their team because the only reason they are there is to obtain ADs or glory? Do you really WANT more of these players in your match?

This is just an excuse to NOT enter PvP and complain.

Yes we could only do Gauntylgrym to get the new gear. It would take about 60 GG events in order to obtain all the Grym coins necessary to get the gear. That corresponds to approximately 300 Fardelver Crypt dungeon runs. You expect players to do the same dungeon *300 times* to get gear? You think this is a reasonable request?

What about winning 100+ domination matches to get 50k glory? Easy job, isn't it?

So in order to treat BOTH sets of players with a modicum of even-handedness, I suggest EITHER that (a) the Unified Elements requirement for the updated Black Ice gear be removed, and that the updated Black Ice gear be converted into a PVE set (no tenacity), so that PVE players DO have an option to pre-farm their gear via PVE just like PVP players do now; OR (b) introduce a new currency for the PVP gear that all would have to farm in mod6, so that nobody is able to pre-farm their gear. I would prefer Option (a) myself, but either one is preferable to what we have now.

I suggest you to stop crying and being jealous.

(10 characters)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Lets be honest to yourself.

How long has GG been existing? Almost a year. I am pretty sure that anyone who has been playing this game since the release of GG (even PvE exclusively) should have reached maximum amount of grym coins more or less dozen times already.

So veteran PvE-ers should not have any problem to access the lvl 70 pvp gears. Please do not say that PvE-ers never farm FC or DK. Because everyone knows they are the easiest dungeons for farming stuffs.

How about new players? My opinion is that Veterans should have advantage for playing in a longer time.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is it a real matter?

Make ur own pvp gears too then go farm dungeon like we will do, its not a question about being fair or not, it's just that you don't like pvp.

"Yes we could only do Gauntylgrym to get the new gear. It would take about 60 GG events in order to obtain all the Grym coins necessary to get the gear. That corresponds to approximately 300 Fardelver Crypt dungeon runs. You expect players to do the same dungeon *300 times* to get gear? You think this is a reasonable request?"

60gg? wrong, i take 1 coin each kill, and 7 for a win while you need at least 800 coins to have enough glory, it makes more than 100 gg for someone who only do gg without the special reward of 1 coin/kill

Btw, you also can do domination, you can stack 50k glory in a few week or less, which mean you only need 30k more to have the new set ( means 300 coins in gg ) and there is also an glory item in domination's shop ( 250 glory ) that you can stack too.

In fact, in a week, even less, you can have enough glory to have the new pvp set, so you will be able to do like us the new map with new set too. It's just question about being lazy, or not.

Enigma.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is my summary on this thread:
    1. Someone complain about pvp players pre-grind glory and seals.
    Ans: You can do so too but why you dont? Because pve crowd in pve build and item will wipe when they meet hardcore pvp players in pvp. They got 0 glory when base-camped. Or they have no interest in pvp and want those who pvp everyday cannot get their pvp gear easily (aka jealous). In addition, we pvp players never purposely grind glory. That is only a by-product of our daily gaming. Many of us already capped at 50k glory for a long time. At least both my DCs' glory is capped. If you can spend a capped resource, why not?

2. Pvp players can access to lvl 70 dungeons to grind many items that cannot be grinded by pve player due to gear gap.
    Ans: Your problem is to those hybrid players. Like you pve player never do pvp, we pvp players dont grind dungeon even we have the ability to. My DCs dont even clear all T1 dungeons till now even i played so long since beta.

3. No matter how you say you pvpers have the new gears in the first 10 mins of mod 6.
    Ans: That is only 2 pieces of lvl 70 gear. We cannot wear it. Btw if we pvp from lvl 60 till 70, we will still own that gear. Believe us, no matter how less glory we have, we will always have the full set of pvp gear before we reach lvl 70. The difference is we get that pvp set that we cannot equip at lvl 61-62 or lvl 69. Since we cannot equip the set until level 70, why do you cry so much??

I agree this thread should be locked as there are always some people who jealous and whine without putting effort in it. No need to bother about them. CMs, please lock this thread. Thank you.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I find it very weird what some folk will complain about. And, yes, I am referring to the OP.
    Pre-farming that stuff is no different to rushing to finish your boons or saving up AD/Zen/RP before a new mod.
    I've stockpiled some black ice. Is that cheating?
    And who cares what other players choose to spend their time doing? It's their choice...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    heres another option if no new seal how about a block making any pvp gear unuseable in any pvp content and vice versa
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This entire PvP vs. PvE debacle of a thread is infinitely amusing, and immensely sad, at the same time.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This entire PvP vs. PvE debacle of a thread is infinitely amusing, and immensely sad, at the same time.

It is, a little bit.

It seems to me that we really ought to have two separate games, a PVP game and a PVE game.

Because the only reason why this gear set thing is an issue is because of the intersection between the two. If the two modes were completely separate, this wouldn't be an issue at all.

Besides, it seems that most PVPers only really care about the combat system anyway. Lore? Dragons? Dungeons? Who cares? So don't subject them to it.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Besides, it seems that most PVPers only really care about the combat system anyway. Lore? Dragons? Dungeons? Who cares? So don't subject them to it.

This is the pure hatred. Combined with envy, laziness and greed.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    People learn't they would be able to farm the new PvP (drow) set with 40k glory and 40+ SoTs like 3 months ago. If you really bothered as much as making this thread you would just contribute some time and pre-farm it easily. Lame thread.
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    This is the pure hatred. Combined with envy, laziness and greed.
    Hatred motivates people and move them forward. It's just envy and laziness.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Just because you CHOOSE not to play both aspects of the game, does not mean we need to seperate both aspects. Yes, most people that PvE do not PvP past their daily requirement to get AD. I'm sure you are one of them.

However, most people that PvP do enjoy PvE. The problem is lack of content. Until we get more interesting content, why even bother with PvE? Quite frankly, PvE players like yourself, look pretty darn foolish talking about anything regarding PvP. You should be up the devs collective *** begging them for something cool to do.

Wasting your time railing against a reward people will earn through participation, in an aspect of the game in which you CHOOSE not to participate, is just plain bonkers.

and theres the problem pvp players in pve content farming pve gear for ah months before any pve players can run those same dungeons
    pvp players constanly complain about pve playes messing up there pvp content but they are ok with messing up pve
  • Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    after seeing Pointsman in pvp i completely understand why he hates it, no seriously, i really do. i feel pity.

regards
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yes. People find problems everywhere. Always. There are so much heavy issues with NW. Really really big problems in this game. The PvP balance an the reinvented PvE gives me goose bumps. The PvP armor? IDK sorry. Collect 50k glory and some hundred coins and buy it... maybe its a good start or maybe level 70 blue gear is at the same level minus tenacity...

//Bellistor
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    ...most people that PvE do not PvP at all...

Fixed that for ya ;p
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    so again i put it out there make pve gear unuseable in pvp and pvp gear unuseable in pve this will stop the cross gamming and make both sides happy
  • Options
    greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Friggin PVE queens complaining as usual.

PVP players have been doing PVE content without complaining (except that it was too easy). It's not the PVP player's fault that you completely blow at PVP.

@Pointsman, don't make my guildmate upload that video where he 1v1ed you for giggles, because literally everyone in this topic will understand why you hate PVP so much, you have the reflex of a ****ing grandma, you're too used to killing brainless PVE mobs. Your hate for PVP is more than understandable because you aren't used to real people stomping you since you think brainless AI mobs is the same thing as real players.

A good player in NW excels in BOTH PVP and PVE. And doesn't "Waaah waaah I hate PVP I'm a hipster".
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Friggin PVE queens complaining as usual.

PVP players have been doing PVE content without complaining (except that it was too easy). It's not the PVP player's fault that you completely blow at PVP.

@Pointsman, don't make my guildmate upload that video where he 1v1ed you for giggles, because literally everyone in this topic will understand why you hate PVP so much, you have the reflex of a ****ing grandma, you're too used to killing brainless PVE mobs. Your hate for PVP is more than understandable because you aren't used to real people stomping you since you think brainless AI mobs is the same thing as real players.

A good player in NW excels in BOTH PVP and PVE. And doesn't "Waaah waaah I hate PVP I'm a hipster".
    yes we know pvp players do pve content even though some say they dont and thats the issue with the new gear sets for pvp and pve
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh dude.. are you insane to write this here? Bye bye niveau, bye bye thread.

//Bellistor
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I never said I was any good at PVP. I'm not. I don't want to participate in PVP. I did not sign up for this game because I wanted to PVP. The only reason I set foot in PVP at the moment is for the rewards that it offers, and in this case, the very large reward of the ONLY pre-farmable epic gear set that will be NECESSARY for the upgraded lvl 70 epic dungeons. This discussion is not about any actual PVP battle at all. It is about the GEAR that can be ONLY obtained via PVP. So I don't care, go ahead and upload whatever video you want. Your infantile PVP taunts don't faze me.

If there was a pre-farmable PVE set for mod 6, I would leave PVP and do that instead. Believe me, I don't want to spend one more minute in PVP matches than I otherwise have to. But there isn't.

Just check out the threads on the preview server describing the difficulty of the new dungeons. No one will be able to survive in lvl 60 gear, or lvl 70 questing gear. The mobs are tough and they will hit hard.

If you don't want PVE players ruining your PVP matches, why don't you also ask for there to be an equivalent pre-farmable lvl 70 PVE set? Oh I know why, because you LIKE it that you get the gear and get to raid the new dungeons before everyone else has arrived. You are planning to enjoy your unjustified advantage over the entire game.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I never said I was any good at PVP. I'm not. I don't want to participate in PVP. I did not sign up for this game because I wanted to PVP. The only reason I set foot in PVP at the moment is for the rewards that it offers, and in this case, the very large reward of the ONLY pre-farmable epic gear set that will be NECESSARY for the upgraded lvl 70 epic dungeons. This discussion is not about any actual PVP battle at all. It is about the GEAR that can be ONLY obtained via PVP. So I don't care, go ahead and upload whatever video you want. Your infantile PVP taunts don't faze me.

If there was a pre-farmable PVE set for mod 6, I would leave PVP and do that instead. Believe me, I don't want to spend one more minute in PVP matches than I otherwise have to. But there isn't.

Just check out the threads on the preview server describing the difficulty of the new dungeons. No one will be able to survive in lvl 60 gear, or lvl 70 questing gear. The mobs are tough and they will hit hard.

If you don't want PVE players ruining your PVP matches, why don't you also ask for there to be an equivalent pre-farmable lvl 70 PVE set? Oh I know why, because you LIKE it that you get the gear and get to raid the new dungeons before everyone else has arrived. You are planning to enjoy your unjustified advantage over the entire game.

Would it not make more sense for you to just farm pve GG for limitless gg coins which can be traded for glory as soon as mod 6 drops, than subject yourself to pvp and hit a 50k glory cap anyways?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Would it not make more sense for you to just farm pve GG for limitless gg coins which can be traded for glory as soon as mod 6 drops, than subject yourself to pvp and hit a 50k glory cap anyways?

Still need seals of triumph.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    gg realy isnt as easy as that alot of us are only on for it 1x /week if that