test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Discussion: How can the Refining Points system be improved going into Mod 6?

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nothing new this week. Not looking likely a big change is coming with mod 6. I was hoping they would at least update the stacking issue
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My wish list:

1) All items already identified and scrolls of identification removed from the game.
    2) New Refinement Inventory tab to take up all items involved in the refinement process, similar to the profession tab.
    3) Overflow experience giving a guaranteed Power Point. Once all power points are acquired, overflow exp gives a guaranteed Blood Diamond. All other rewards from overflow exp removed.
    4) Changes to the refinement UI so that each icon can contain a whole stack of the item you use for refinement and not just a single one. For example, if you drop 99 peridots, you only occupy one of the five slots and the number 99x500 appears.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Even then I'm not a big fan, although I understand the community's desire for it. I believe you should play the character you want to improve.

From a personal standpoint, I agree.

But from a business standpoint, I would opt to reward the person with the credit card and make them feel valuable, not the toon. :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok this is what we know so far.

1. New artifact equipment is set to be released. This equipment has to be earned the same way (15 runs each on tiamat) This is directly against feedback given on artifact gear and equipment. Also, no one here wants to rerun the same content over and over again.

2. There is new RP entering the game with leadership, thats ok I guess, however thats still NOT instituting a design that allows PLAYERS to group together. This has been a major feedback item from start of Mod 5. Players want to play, we want to progress through playing together, highest items in game, should be done this way.

3. Appears there will be a slight reduction of AD net gain via leadership and invoking. While at the same time the game will require ever increasing amounts to gain. This not only hurts players that have been here for awhile, it overall negatively impacts playerbase, new players are so increasingly behind , wiht almost no way to catch up.

4. PVP still appears to be a concern, too heavily gated behind gear, with a ever dwindling population to play it, without guaranteed secondary queues, that avoids this gear gating, its extremely hard to get player-base excited behind it.

Feedback: Allow different access with new content (or reuse other content , like t2s) to gain items needed for mats for artifact gear, we are very tired of not being able to group together for tiamat and tired of running that OVER and over again.

Feedback: Allow books to be dropped at same percentage NO MATTER what DD you run (t2 and higher) this will allow players to get those final boons and put more emphasis of grouping into the game.

Feedback: PUT RP into DDs, this is the a MUST, this is what we really need. You enter non botted instances and earn RP together, promotes players to actually play your game.

Feedback: This is a personal one, there seems to be a better way to design a game then this artifact gear, most players are sick of it now. 1-2 mods were long enough.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is this the thread cap on number of posts?.. I can't open up the 45th page
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    But... you are on the 45th page... the very top, in fact... :p

yeah it's weird it shown me that page 45 was available before I posted, but I couldn't open it? and now that I posted a reply it works fine x.x

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok, please confirm, do epic hes now drop unbound RP as well?

IF so, then Im happy with the changes (still would want RP to drop in end DD chests)

But with leadership armies posting RP and unbound RP from HEs, you have removed the gate and the game will be better.

Thank you
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've never been capable of logging into preview consistently enough to keep celestial coins and never thought to copy over someone with 7 for immediate testing.

Too late now, unless someone holding 7 is really dedicated over the next 4 days.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If someone with 7 coins made a bunch of copies and then invoked on preview on those copies daily, they could test in 4 days.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Ok this is what we know so far.

1. New artifact equipment is set to be released. This equipment has to be earned the same way (15 runs each on tiamat) This is directly against feedback given on artifact gear and equipment. Also, no one here wants to rerun the same content over and over again.

2. There is new RP entering the game with leadership, thats ok I guess, however thats still NOT instituting a design that allows PLAYERS to group together. This has been a major feedback item from start of Mod 5. Players want to play, we want to progress through playing together, highest items in game, should be done this way.

3. Appears there will be a slight reduction of AD net gain via leadership and invoking. While at the same time the game will require ever increasing amounts to gain. This not only hurts players that have been here for awhile, it overall negatively impacts playerbase, new players are so increasingly behind , wiht almost no way to catch up.

4. PVP still appears to be a concern, too heavily gated behind gear, with a ever dwindling population to play it, without guaranteed secondary queues, that avoids this gear gating, its extremely hard to get player-base excited behind it.

Feedback: Allow different access with new content (or reuse other content , like t2s) to gain items needed for mats for artifact gear, we are very tired of not being able to group together for tiamat and tired of running that OVER and over again.

Feedback: Allow books to be dropped at same percentage NO MATTER what DD you run (t2 and higher) this will allow players to get those final boons and put more emphasis of grouping into the game.

Feedback: PUT RP into DDs, this is the a MUST, this is what we really need. You enter non botted instances and earn RP together, promotes players to actually play your game.

Feedback: This is a personal one, there seems to be a better way to design a game then this artifact gear, most players are sick of it now. 1-2 mods were long enough.

They also removed Lord Protector daillies. That's another direct AD cut, particularly for new players. Then MC, VN and KR are all pushed back to level 70. That means more AD sources are pushed further away from newbies.

All in all, Module 6 is set up to punish newbies by asking them to do much longer grind for lesser AD.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've never been capable of logging into preview consistently enough to keep celestial coins and never thought to copy over someone with 7 for immediate testing.

Too late now, unless someone holding 7 is really dedicated over the next 4 days.

There was a bug that allowed me reset my invocation timers. I gained a few coffers and opened them. Guess what? 2 R4 enchantments and a lesser stone, 5 times. I think their intend was to lessen drop of preservation wards from the coffer.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    There was a bug that allowed me reset my invocation timers. I gained a few coffers and opened them. Guess what? 2 R4 enchantments and a lesser stone, 5 times. I think their intend was to lessen drop of preservation wards from the coffer.

Can't blame them, I mean I do have a load of those banked from leadershipping 30 something alts regularly.

I still got 4 banked and I used 3 recently lol

• Options
    edited March 2015
    well the producer addressed this question during the ama. They are looking into it but there are not any changes coming to the UI for mod 6 launch which is disappointing
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lwedar wrote: »
    well the producer addressed this question during the ama. They are looking into it but there are not any changes coming to the UI for mod 6 launch which is disappointing

The problem with asking for changes right on the edge of a module launch is that usually, when a module comes up on Preview, they've already got most of the changes and tweaks they're aiming for already done, it's the fine-tuning that's left to go. While we're on the home stretch of testing mod 6 on Preview, they're already working on module 7 and beyond. It has to be worked into the general flow of development, and that sometimes means putting aside something they've been planning to release down the line to work on what's being asked for now.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Many of the quality of life (interface for example) improvements had been asked for long, long before this thread ever came to be.

I said it early on, and will repeat it - the refining system is what it is. It's meant to generate "frustration" that will at times turn into sales for PWE. While I personally don't like this, I wholly understand where they are coming from.

All that said, I'm still holding out hope that what we've seen so far will play out well and Mod 6 will be an overall good experience.

I want this game to succeed.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The problem with asking for changes right on the edge of a module launch is that usually, when a module comes up on Preview, they've already got most of the changes and tweaks they're aiming for already done, it's the fine-tuning that's left to go. While we're on the home stretch of testing mod 6 on Preview, they're already working on module 7 and beyond. It has to be worked into the general flow of development, and that sometimes means putting aside something they've been planning to release down the line to work on what's being asked for now.

Good points, though they did rework invocation after the first build went up. In fact we could see their progress week by week. I would say that they already had refining on their radar based on the changes in mod 6, IE more drops. They just didn't prioritize the UI as they want to encourage using/buying the Higher RP stones.

Anyway at least they said something about it and are going to make it more user friendly sometime in the future.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    Has anyone brought this thread to the attention of the new devs? There are a lot of good ideas in here that they may be interested in at this stage.

I'm also curious regarding your experience in mod 6. How much artifact equip RP have you brought in? What works, what needs adjusted?

Despite the changes, I have been getting significantly less RP. I don't have my leadership high enough for the resonance task, so I'm sure that plays in. I've found it difficult to do HE's in new zones. Everyone seems to be scattered for vigilance tasks, but maybe that will calm down once more people hit 70.

FWIW, a lot of the ideas--but not all--were addressed in some form in mod 6. However, the core point remains: the difficulty of obtaining RP, and the changes to DH enchantments certainly do not help in that regard. As it stands, though, Panderus has promised to look into the matter, so for now, it's wait and see.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com