test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feedback- So was thinking on the aggro issue for the paladin and the solution to the problem may be simple.

Oathstrike causes enemies to strike the paladin for 2 seconds.... single target. What if the aggro but not the damage from oath strike was an aoe around the target and so was the force to attack could make the aoe from it around 15 feet but lasts only 1 second for non-main targets.
    I like this suggestion.
    The problem is, that almost all attacks the paladin wields are ALL single target if you made some of them into multi targeting skills it will increase damage and therefore aggro and increase the ability to control mobs in an area its why GFs are so good at it; well that and marks.

Wait what powers are you running? Nearly everything I run consistently is AoE, including the 2 at-wills I run. (Whose names I cannot check atm due to being unable to log in). The only time I pick single target stuff is when I need to beat on a boss and then its only the 1 encounter power (Vow for example). I basically find Sacred to be useless once I've levelled past 30.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • mrdraqomrdraqo Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Guardian
    rversant's Avatar Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hypervoreian View Post
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...-Thread/page37

"Hey guys! We have been following the feedback and we wanted to let you guys know we are making a change to improve QoL for Control Wizards in PVP with Tenacity.

Control Wizards now ignore 66% of a target's Tenacity for the purposes of calculating control durations on a target.

We wanted CW's to feel better about landing controls on targets, but didn't want to just widespread scale back the control resist people were getting because we wanted other classes to work harder to successfully control a target. "

They still do.Problem is in mod2 there were very few ways to boost your cc duration or to mitigate it.
    Today CWs have boosted their CC duration by gear/artifacts ,while the cc resist stat is rare and prety expensive to aquire.
    And why only CWs to ignore 66% of tenacity?Why not all classes?

Remind to all GWF/GF prones were deleted from PVP cause CWs "can not fight if we are controlled all the time".

two measures here.
    In any case mod2 CWs had 30k hp at best and 30% DR and a petty shield.Now we are talking about 100k+ hp CWs in mod6 with UNMITIGATED shield on tab,150% CC buff through gear and feats,90s tange ,45k storm spell procs,and a new encounter that does 81k damage every 5,7 secs.

CWs ignoring 66% CC Resist must go away.It is a thing of the past.Period.In pve there's no use for it anyway.it is a golden opportunity here with the new stat curve the devs to bring back in line the Lords of our Lands,the CWs.

it is cool we are talking about a paladin dps increase, devs want to do with cw tank :) Poor pvp and pve Cw probably I a cry;-) OP - shift !!!!! still works! as he wants !!!As with the dps do daily quests ??????? This is getting ridiculous! Raising the level to 73 IWD, WoD. OP starting from 0 ! who will have enough time to do the job for Boons ???? The game will be a fun pastime instead of doing boring repetitive tasks with a high level of difficulty, day after day ..... I understand the very difficult task but voluntary VT, MC, etc.
    paladin interest shown by the last patch. People have ceased to interest him. Full errors, boring, and they have to start from the beginning. A release mod6 - 10 days was
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Paladin now attempts to go into the GF blocking stance before switching to his own
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • blackomen9000blackomen9000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mrdraqo wrote: »
    Guardian
    rversant's Avatar Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hypervoreian View Post
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...-Thread/page37

"Hey guys! We have been following the feedback and we wanted to let you guys know we are making a change to improve QoL for Control Wizards in PVP with Tenacity.

Control Wizards now ignore 66% of a target's Tenacity for the purposes of calculating control durations on a target.

We wanted CW's to feel better about landing controls on targets, but didn't want to just widespread scale back the control resist people were getting because we wanted other classes to work harder to successfully control a target. "

They still do.Problem is in mod2 there were very few ways to boost your cc duration or to mitigate it.
    Today CWs have boosted their CC duration by gear/artifacts ,while the cc resist stat is rare and prety expensive to aquire.
    And why only CWs to ignore 66% of tenacity?Why not all classes?

Remind to all GWF/GF prones were deleted from PVP cause CWs "can not fight if we are controlled all the time".

two measures here.
    In any case mod2 CWs had 30k hp at best and 30% DR and a petty shield.Now we are talking about 100k+ hp CWs in mod6 with UNMITIGATED shield on tab,150% CC buff through gear and feats,90s tange ,45k storm spell procs,and a new encounter that does 81k damage every 5,7 secs.

CWs ignoring 66% CC Resist must go away.It is a thing of the past.Period.In pve there's no use for it anyway.it is a golden opportunity here with the new stat curve the devs to bring back in line the Lords of our Lands,the CWs.

it is cool we are talking about a paladin dps increase, devs want to do with cw tank :) Poor pvp and pve Cw probably I a cry;-) OP - shift !!!!! still works! as he wants !!!As with the dps do daily quests ??????? This is getting ridiculous! Raising the level to 73 IWD, WoD. OP starting from 0 ! who will have enough time to do the job for Boons ???? The game will be a fun pastime instead of doing boring repetitive tasks with a high level of difficulty, day after day ..... I understand the very difficult task but voluntary VT, MC, etc.
    paladin interest shown by the last patch. People have ceased to interest him. Full errors, boring, and they have to start from the beginning. A release mod6 - 10 days was

While I agree with you, this is the wrong thread. The CW thread is in another castle. (At least you mentioned the paladin at the very end.)
  • lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's kinda funny how they buff the control wizard while <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over the paladin before it's even released.
  • blackomen9000blackomen9000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's kinda funny how they buff the control wizard while <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over the paladin before it's even released.

Well control wizards are the dev's favorite apparently. Sort of like bright wizards were the favorite of the devs in Warhammer, hence why they were ungodly overpowered until several months before the game was canceled. (I wager after the devs that played favorites were fired.)
  • jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    There's so little feedback for the paladin, and we're one week from launch. The last patch note for OP was incredibly small compared to all the bugs mentioned by the players.
    I'm a bit scared about what the OP will be on launch. I'll play it anyway.

Feedback

I had stopped playing the OP before the damage% buff.
    I was at lvl 30, i lvled it a bit to 38, it felt very pleasant.
    I had this monstruous HP for that lvl = 35k which is more than my GF 11 kgs has on live.
    I don't know if it's just the new stats curve but well, having all that HP was useless, mobs barely scratched me during my questing. (tank paladin), even having half would be too much.
    Shield is still not working fast enough.
    The sanctuary heal was well underwhelming,i know i chose the tank path, but healing 150ish life per sec when you have a total of 35k life is pointless.
    Divine Call regen is horrible. I can't regen a single bar during -any- fight. And when the fight ends it recovers in few seconds.
    Paragon feats are ugly, exception of the healing feats, they're so ugly i don't feel like putting points in them, except the last tier.

Overall it's a shame that we only have ONE REALLY DAMAGING skill and it's a daily. And damage splits if there are more than 1 target. I one shot the Helm's campaign boss.
    What a shame.

After checking my GF on preview : he has 34,840 life points at level 60 wearing plenty of purple gear ( not artifacts), i do'nt know what to say.

PS : Walking animation is horrible on preview, i thought it was my drow female OP but it's the same on my GF, anyone has the same problem? (struggling to walk/run)
  • neverknight5neverknight5 Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015

I think oath bound Paladins need a damage boost. The weapon damage boost was a nice touch but not enough. It does not go unappreciated though. The reason I think Paladins should get a damage boost is because I have done some testing in icewind dale against several classes and found I was mainly relying on my at wills. My gear is T1 epic pvp equipment with rank 6's with a soulforged and plaguefire slotted. I'm a bulwark oath of protection Paladin.

If I slot for example relentless avenger, Templars wrath and vow of enmity , I will quickly get burned down by people. Not saying the Paladins need a defence boost the defence we have now is awesome, but we need to keep defensive encounters because if we slot damaging encounters the damage is not enough to compete with our enemy's. On one occasion I landed a relentless avenger and a Templars wrath on a rogue, to see them go impossible to catch and then got executed shockingly, not asking for a nerf of any kind, just saying after we land our damaging encounters then what? Same with other classes with immunity frame dodges, although we do have sanctuary our damage is still not reliable and Paladins do have some relatively long cool downs.

Although you could argue 'if you want damage go justice', most of the feats in there are lackluster and dissapointing, bulwark and light seem to be the way to go for pvp specs at the moment.

A good way to solve this is by giving encounters and at wills an extra damage boost so absolution, cleansing touch etc won't be crutches and we can experiment with different builds. Then we can output decent damage and sacrifice some tankyness and healing or have a mix of both. Decent dps being out putted, decent tanking. Low dps, high survivability. We have the survivability but not the damage, you can't win a fight without defeating the opponent. Since this is a tank/healer class we cannot exactly have damage on par with warlocks, Wizards, Gwf, rogues etc but the damage must be close to or same as at least guardian fighters. Maybe not the exact same as conquerors but similar to GF's.This might be lenghty but thanks for reading sorry if this isn't blue I tried making it blue but it's too confusing to do on an iPad.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm a bit late on this feedback, sorry but it's something I've been wanting to mention.

An observation when it comes to the current at-wills for the Oath of Protection Paladin.

Valorous Strike, Oath Strike and Shielding Strike are all much the same in how they function. Single target, third stike something happens. This leads to a lack of variety in terms of at-will choices. I don't know how others play but I tend to have a primary at-will and a secondary at-will. The secondary at-will will be something that's applied once per target, e.g. DoT or debuff, or functions differently to the primary, e.g. AoE vs single target.

For the Oathbound Paladin you have only Radiant Strike that functions differently. So for me at least, the choice is Radiant Strike and one of the other three.

Oath of Devotion has more variety in the form of the paragon healing at-will. I admit I've not tried this yet though.
    edited March 2015
    I'm a bit late on this feedback, sorry but it's something I've been wanting to mention.

An observation when it comes to the current at-wills for the Oath of Protection Paladin.

Valorous Strike, Oath Strike and Shielding Strike are all much the same in how they function. Single target, third stike something happens. This leads to a lack of variety in terms of at-will choices. I don't know how others play but I tend to have a primary at-will and a secondary at-will. The secondary at-will will be something that's applied once per target, e.g. DoT or debuff, or functions differently to the primary, e.g. AoE vs single target.

For the Oathbound Paladin you have only Radiant Strike that functions differently. So for me at least, the choice is Radiant Strike and one of the other three.

Oath of Devotion has more variety in the form of the paragon healing at-will. I admit I've not tried this yet though.

Out of interest what at-will combinations are others using?

I tested upto lvl 64 then deleted the toon due to broken head and glove slots ( and due to devs not listening to feedback anyway ). From what I saw the OP is an At-Will class. Most of his damage solo comes from At-Wills ( thats why in PVP all an OP can be is a heal/buff/tank bot ). The best combo I found was Protector Pala with Shielding and Radiant strikes. Encounters: VoE , Templar's , Relentless. At lower levels Burning Light will be your best friend of course.
  • caciquenorecaciquenore Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG: Feat - Vengeful judge (Justice tree), Oath of Protection
    Seems this feat doesn't work in protector's oath. After using Tab key paladin receives protector's buff, but do not receive Judge. Damage isn't increased, cooldowns aren't reduced. At the same time this feat correctly work in Oath of Devotion.

still no working in oath of protection path
  • ameonneameonne Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG - feat "Prism" used on 2+ OP`s at same time
    Effect similar to previous bug with Prism and Bond of Virtue. When 2 OP`s or more activate Prism feat any received healing start infinite loop.

Screens:
    nnwqBno.jpg
    xep7QaR.png
  • lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Unless bugs like that are fixed the paladin is going to be a broken class when it goes live in 6 days.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Now do that with Burning Guidance. Lolz will be had. Kill any Dragon in seconds flat.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    jaegernl wrote: »
    Now do that with Burning Guidance. Lolz will be had. Kill any Dragon in seconds flat.

they still didnt fix that?
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited March 2015
    I like this suggestion.

Wait what powers are you running? Nearly everything I run consistently is AoE, including the 2 at-wills I run. (Whose names I cannot check atm due to being unable to log in). The only time I pick single target stuff is when I need to beat on a boss and then its only the 1 encounter power (Vow for example). I basically find Sacred to be useless once I've levelled past 30.

I'm using shielding strike and valorous strike. enmity smite and sacred; i like the extra damage for shielding and smite. i use valorous for its uping to DR and its faster to hit than shielding. i have to concentrate on a single target using this setup. Against harder hitting enemies i run templars instead of sacred. against run of the mill enemies templars slows you down imo especially since i have lay on hands slotted so i dont really need templars. and this is of course while solo i'd use completely different powers in a group obviously.

i also said many of them are single target at least the ones i use are i dont really like radiant strike its nice that its aoe but the damage not so much same thing with burning light i like that its like a smokebomb that follows me but again its damage not so much.

and thanks for liking my suggestion at least somebody does. lol
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They did fix the original bug where one OP with Bond of Virtue could keep triggering Prism, but stack two OP's, and you'll both keep triggering Prism and Burning Guidance.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    edited March 2015
    OP with Lightning enchant can kill the dummies in seconds thanks to an "infinite" proc loop
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015

With all respect i want to ask the developer team to make some changes on the defensive mechanism on the following class:

The Paladin's Sanctuary supposed to work like the Block of the Guardian Fighter or Shield Spell on the Control Wizard .

My suggestion should fix the promblems caused by the Piercing mechanism, this way it would be completly acceptable and it also would be able to balance out both the PvP and the PvE part of this game. It would solve the one hit kill problems in the game further more it would balance out the Life Steal and Regeneration loss .

I come up with this idea based on the feedback of the other players.

Thnx for reading this .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • neverknight5neverknight5 Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    interrupts go through the saunctuary and stun us, this needs a fix.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Infact thats more of a general issue than a class specific issue.
  • killernorekillernore Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Force of Will

-Each point to charisma now increment your critical chance by additional /.33/.66/1%

i think is each point to wisdom
  • malfar1malfar1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here is a list of issues that I have found with the Paladin.

Aura of Vengeance- This feature is very weak compared to Aura of Courage. It does around half the damage.

Aura of Radiance- Same thing this feature is weak. (So Aura of Courage is your best DOT feature right now).

Oath Strike, Shielding Strike, and Valorous Strike- All do not have a 5’ foot cylinder like the tooltip says. Oath Strike and Shielding Strike should both be changed to a 290° cone.

Bane and Vow of Enmity- These should be combined having two features they do almost the same thing. Remove Bane and change Vow from just damage you deal to “target take 10% more damage and deals 10% less damage” keeping the same additional feature for Oath of Protection (OoP) and Oath of Devotion (OoD).

Burning Light- OoP should have the charge time removed and it should do slightly less damage than OoD. (Every time a Storm giant in Spinward Rise would hit you while charging Burning Light it would cancel the affect preventing you from hitting them with it.)

Sacred Weapon- Animation time needs to be lowered.

Smite- Damage increased and DOT damage increased (this is very low).

Templar’s Wrath- Damage increased

Divine Touch- Damage increased. (I have not seen myself gain a shield yet after using this ability).

Absolution- Worthless ability just takes up a slot that we can use to damage, buff, or debuff an enemy. (I suggest increasing the cooldown time but making it a party wide shield that last only a short duration).

Binding Oath- Does not return 100% of the damage. (It returns a small percentage to the enemies and an even smaller percentage to me sometimes).

Circle of Power- Cooldown time needs to be lowered and duration should be lowered to fit the new cooldown time. Also, it needs to be change from damage you do to party does. OoP specialization also needs to be changed from 25% DR to you to 25% DR to party.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    killernore wrote: »
    Bug: Force of Will

-Each point to charisma now increment your critical chance by additional /.33/.66/1%

i think is each point to wisdom

No its each point of charisma it would be to OP if it gave use a extra 1% crit from wisdom the curve wouldn't effects us at all
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Divine Touch: Damage needs to increase. Its a long way behind the other similar powers. The heal also seems to swing wildly, I've seen it proc nothing or around 14k. (That's high 40's with 3 pips.)
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited March 2015
    malfar1 wrote: »
    Here is a list of issues that I have found with the Paladin.

Absolution- Worthless ability just takes up a slot that we can use to damage, buff, or debuff an enemy. (I suggest increasing the cooldown time but making it a party wide shield that last only a short duration).

just gonna focus on this one for my feed back. im not replying to malfar just riffing off his vibe.

what if it were like bark shield without charges it prevents a set amount of damage over the duration he mentioned i.e. 3200 damage totally negated for the amount of time the duration lasts, maybe about 6 seconds. (this can be before crit is rolled thus lowering the crit potential by that same number or not just an idea) this would be much more useful then just 3200 damage prevented in 1 shot then removed. 3200 damage is very small thats maybe 1 or 2 hits.(vs small normal enemies) because every class has its own protections so it needs to be a good boost for protection for both the paladin and the ally. making it party-wide would also be useful for both types of paladin.
    edited March 2015
    Feedback

Absolution: This power just doesn't give any clues that it has worked. Yes there is the flash when you activate it, but that is it. Also it only shields 1 person effectively (2 I guess if you target an ally, what for it to come off cooldown and then target yourself...talk about needlessly cumbersome). Some sort of shield over the target's head or circling them to indicate that it is still active would at least make it clear that it has worked, and when it has stopped working. However a simpler mechanic that works party wide would be better than the current pointless power. (See masterjewstar and malfar1's comments above.)

Vigilance: This feat seems needlesly complex, and like absolution gives no clues its active once triggered. (Currently the feedback that it is ready to work is ok, but when you activate it there is no clue that it is now doing anything and when it stops.)
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    edited March 2015
    Feedback

DnD Stats: During character creation the priorities for the stats seem to be off. The system seems to struggle to prioritise Con, Wis and Cha. In the tertiary stats Str and Int are prioritised over Dex even though Dex is more directly relevant to the class. This makes building a paladin problematic at the start of the character's creation. (I so wish you had used a point buy system.)
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    edited March 2015
    Sanctuary: More than half the time when I hit [shift] to trigger Sanctuary it just doesn't go off. I've experience this issue for quite a while. I thought it might be a sticky [shift] key so I tried another keyboard and I still had the issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, this is a recurring issue from Day 1 of Paladin preview. Currently the OP tries to go into a GF blocking animation and also Sanctuary itself doesnt trigger correctly every time.
    edited March 2015
    It seems to happen more at lower levels than after 40 or so.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
This discussion has been closed.