test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Misery's fury PvP build and insight on PvP SW.

Comments

• Options
    michelmontenegromichelmontenegro Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't know. I'd love to test that one and see if it actually synergies with tenebrous enchantment but... purchasing HotN pack just for one enchantment seems unworthy to me especially when it's the most expensive pack.

I have I can get you a copy in the preview server.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    can you copy G Tene's too =?

Id love to get in on some testing tonight
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    add me
    "Azrael Vizjerei@michelmontenegro"
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Critical work in DoT? (IF yes then Vorpal = Best Enchant)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    dots can crit yes, Hellish Rebuke, Warlocks Bargain. But red glyph, Hellfire/Corrupted fire do not. and I do not think the damage add Feats form Fury can crit either.

But in all honestly il keep the P Vorp just for the amazingness of Killign Flames.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Enchant Tenebrous, can give critical or the damage is fixed?
    If the Tenebrous not apply critical, armor reduction (P. Fire or Terror) can be better.

Topic about damage types.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?829971-PvP-Damage-types-Necrotic-Radiant-Fire-and-Ice-What-is-the-real-difference&p=9932351#post9932351
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas and animalust

== WARNING ==
    I tested the Tenebrous, has a terrible problem, he considers the "current life" and not the maximum. So the more damage the Warlock takes, the less damage it.

Another point that some classes have damage reduction in the first hits, then it may be that this damage is not effective.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still looking for a definitive answer on whether or not terror enchants proc creeping death in Module 5.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    Still looking for a definitive answer on whether or not terror enchants proc creeping death in Module 5.

Unfortunately I won't be able to log ingame for a couple of days (you know why zeusom) so your best call is to try borrow perfect terror from your guildy, Culc, and test it yourself :P

On the side note, Lifedrinker does proc creeping death.
  • Options
    equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It does proc creeping death, still lower damage than using perfect vorpal. Therefore im back here with perfect vorpal than perfect terror.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    equ4lizer wrote: »
    It does proc creeping death, still lower damage than using perfect vorpal. Therefore im back here with perfect vorpal than perfect terror.

even reducing armor by 20%?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately I won't be able to log ingame for a couple of days (you know why zeusom) so your best call is to try borrow perfect terror from your guildy, Culc, and test it yourself :P

On the side note, Lifedrinker does proc creeping death.

lifedrin does stack with creeping death???? :cool: ;)

+8.8% Necrotic damage then heal yourself for that amount.
  • Options
    equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    even reducing armor by 20%?

Yeah its just not as good as you think it is. I dont recommend it by all means.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    About enchant Feytouched, what do you think?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    About enchant Feytouched, what do you think?

I've mentioned that it makes a very good enchantment if you want to nulify your enemy's damage output.
    4 stacks of hand of blight + 4 stacks of artifact weapon + warding curse + wraith's shadow + feytouched...way to make your opponent useless. Of course if they allow you to pull all that stuff on them first :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I've mentioned that it makes a very good enchantment if you want to nulify your enemy's damage output.
    4 stacks of hand of blight + 4 stacks of artifact weapon + warding curse + wraith's shadow + feytouched...way to make your opponent useless. Of course if they allow you to pull all that stuff on them first :D
    The 12% that it drains, improve significantly the damage it?

"4 stacks of artifact weapon"
    Works distance or only melee?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The 12% that it drains, improve significantly the damage it?

"4 stacks of artifact weapon"
    Works distance or only melee?
    The debuff comming from artifact weapon is separate effect and yes, it does work with range :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I think the feytouched, should decrease 12% damage the opponent's weapon!
    If so the damage of the top gun is 716 ~ 876, reducing 12% is 630 ~ 770. This is something really significant?

Bronzewood is another enchantment that ignores 16% of armor, looked good too! But has the CD 20sec (too).

Now the biggest problem is the PvP damage reduction and deflect. : /
    I took 1x1 with a TR that stopped hardly took damage, only deflecting and reducing damage. Then I went 1x1 with cleric and he was another who did not receive damage.
    WHEN my damage came I took well, but the problem was the damage enter: /
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I borrowed Perfect Terror from Jinchuriki for about 10 min and ran ACT but results were inconclusive. I unequipped all Greater Tenebrous that could proc creeping death. I killed some yeti in IWD using only curse+infernal spheres (fire damage), with and without the perfect terror slotted. In both cases, damage from creeping death ranged from 20 to 30% so there something else in my build that is proc'ing CD. So.. inconclusive. The damage from Perfect Terror itself was lackluster, less than 5% of total.

So thinking I will change out one Greater Tenebrous for an Azure Rank 10 to compensate some for the terrible crit of the purified black ice set and reslot the Perfect Vorpal. Also wear orange CHA instead of CON belt, drink a +300 crit elixir, and hope Tymora coin flips for crit boost. Annoying since I highly prefer a stable buff-independent build, but will do for now. That or Greater Plague fire.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I borrowed Perfect Terror from Jinchuriki for about 10 min and ran ACT but results were inconclusive. I unequipped all Greater Tenebrous that could proc creeping death. I killed some yeti in IWD using only curse+infernal spheres (fire damage), with and without the perfect terror slotted. In both cases, damage from creeping death ranged from 20 to 30% so there something else in my build that is proc'ing CD. So.. inconclusive. The damage from Perfect Terror itself was lackluster, less than 5% of total.

So thinking I will change out one Greater Tenebrous for an Azure Rank 10 to compensate some for the terrible crit of the purified black ice set and reslot the Perfect Vorpal. Also wear orange CHA instead of CON belt, drink a +300 crit elixir, and hope Tymora coin flips for crit boost. Annoying since I highly prefer a stable buff-independent build, but will do for now. That or Greater Plague fire.

If u are Fury, Critical Promise, Executioners Gift, and the other Necrotic Damaging Feats are whats procing Creeping death. Thats why they are such SMALL amounts of damage
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas and friends ^^
    CHA 1 = "1% Combat Advantage Damage" and "1% chance critical"
    1 CON = "1% Damage" and "2% hp"
    Note: Warlock has "90% Critical Severity" and "+ 3% chance critical".

What compensates for Warlock in this case, CON or CHA?
    possible combinations (Initial Status):
    -> 20CON and 15CHA (+6 points per level, in both)
    -> 18CON and 18CHA (+6 points per level, in both)
    Note: It has the belt that the + 4CON and the belt of + 4CHA
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas and friends ^^
    CHA 1 = "1% Combat Advantage Damage" and "1% chance critical"
    1 CON = "1% Damage" and "2% hp"
    Note: Warlock has "90% Critical Severity" and "+ 3% chance critical".

What compensates for Warlock in this case, CON or CHA?
    possible combinations (Initial Status):
    -> 20CON and 15CHA (+6 points per level, in both)
    -> 18CON and 18CHA (+6 points per level, in both)
    Note: It has the belt that the + 4CON and the belt of + 4CHA
    Honestly, it's all up to you. If you use vorpal with HB paragon path and rely on RNG then perhaps maximizing crit chance is your way.
    I personally find CON better for my PvP warlock as HP helps me survive longer plus the more HP I have, the more benefits I get from tenebrous enchantments in my offense slots.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Very well made guide, Vas. Hoping to see more of these informative threads from you. :) Keep it up!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Very well made guide, Vas. Hoping to see more of these informative threads from you. :) Keep it up!
    Thanks^^ Looking forward to your new guide for NW newcomers btw :P
  • Options
    filluslosstarotfilluslosstarot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One of the few good SW in the game. Need to know to play 10 times more to play decently with that deficient class.
    Congratulations.
    tBR3vwD.png
    Name: Fillus Losstarot - Race: Shadar kai - Class: Warlock
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a fantastic build and guide, thank you! My second shot at SW, am using this guide, at level 45 currently and am enjoying it more than any build or class I have so far tried (cw, gf, gwf, tr, hr) and gotten to 60. I play pvp almost exclusively and though I know things change at 60, SW at these levels (up to 45 so far) seem better than even tr. It is like an MI executioner without stealth but from range. KF is really like a ranged lashing blade and I am reaching 30k crits with it at only level 45! And kf is much easier to land than lashing.

Loving it, thanks again!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    would be good to make it sticky for this mod, since every 5th or 6th thread ask about a build for pvp , thank you
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you all guys ^_^ I am glad to make some little contribution to our PvP SW minority :D
    would be good to make it sticky for this mod, since every 5th or 6th thread ask about a build for pvp , thank you
    I am still going to keep my thread up to date once m6 is released even if there are decent improvements coming for lost PvE. No reason to make it sticky, I think. I did already ask Zebular to add my thread to guides database though. That should be enough :) .
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unintentionally encountered your guide and I gotta say it's amazing. The only problem is in proposed tactics against other classes. They work well if your opponent has common PvP build and ability rotation, but if they have some time to manage those against you, SW turns into a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

GF - once he landed Crescendo - you're dead. He may also use Supremacy of Steel. Or you'll be killed with 100k Ferocious Reaction proc.
    GWF - the only more or less even fight if you're good enough at dodging stuns. Or you'll be killed with 100k Ferocious Reaction proc.
    HR - even fight if they don't abuse the set with a chance to reduce encounter CDs (Royal Guard IIRC).
    TR - SE/LB, no need to use anything else.
    DC - immortal or stun lock kills you with Break their Spirit.
    CW - slot Storm Fury and dodge around.

I'm not saying your tips are bad, they're actually very good, but they only work against average opponents, who have no idea what they're facing.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Unintentionally encountered your guide and I gotta say it's amazing. The only problem is in proposed tactics against other classes. They work well if your opponent has common PvP build and ability rotation, but if they have some time to manage those against you, SW turns into a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

GF - once he landed Crescendo - you're dead. He may also use Supremacy of Steel. Or you'll be killed with 100k Ferocious Reaction proc.
    GWF - the only more or less even fight if you're good enough at dodging stuns. Or you'll be killed with 100k Ferocious Reaction proc.
    HR - even fight if they don't abuse the set with a chance to reduce encounter CDs (Royal Guard IIRC).
    TR - SE/LB, no need to use anything else.
    DC - immortal or stun lock kills you with Break their Spirit.
    CW - slot Storm Fury and dodge around.

I'm not saying your tips are bad, they're actually very good, but they only work against average opponents, who have no idea what they're facing.
    SW turns into pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pretty often :D Those are just proposed strategies for most PvP encounters. Only GFs/GWFs seem to have SW killing stuff(FR) on their powers bar the first time I encounter them in a match as it tends to be effective against everything. The other classes most of the time are like "Oh a SW, a free kill. Not gonna bother changing my powers and stomp this one with what I have now" which allows me to take an advantage over, at least in the beginning till they got annoyed.
    The key is to be unpredictable and do something they don't expect, I think.