test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Misery's fury PvP build and insight on PvP SW.

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Re-opened, will add some info in tommorow.

UPD edited the first post for now, will continue working on the rest tommorow.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh you decided to re-open this, nice
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    does anyone know how to beat paladin, he has 360 degree shield and takes nearly no damage?
    even if you control him, most times i only see yellow 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 pppping up?
    i guess only very high damagenumbers , right, like GWF IBS 70k can deal with this, or does this WB thing stil work?
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    does anyone know how to beat paladin, he has 360 degree shield and takes nearly no damage?
    even if you control him, most times i only see yellow 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 pppping up?
    i guess only very high damagenumbers , right, like GWF IBS 70k can deal with this, or does this WB thing stil work?

Fury WB SS Hadars grasp. If they're using negation then GG just run away
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    there was a bug with WB and paladin i read
    atm I am really enjoying PVP in case of not running BIS-player , HG -WS-HS, Control Lock rocks, except against some palas, that even cc´d does not take any damage
    i can handle some CW and TR´s with ease if they don´t outgear me a lot, lots of fun in case of cc ppl and not being cc´d all time
    can´t say if most ppl are undergeared atm, maybe in few weeks suffering starts again, but until now i am a fan from wraith shadow combined with HG + HS, its real dot damage and fast castingspeed neraly casting by moving WS, no Tr will hide anymore, changed KF for WS but not at all same effekt in my case, can´t say why,
    full sparks and these encounter it much more fun than in mod 5
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    there was a bug with WB and paladin i read
    atm I am really enjoying PVP in case of not running BIS-player , HG -WS-HS, Control Lock rocks, except against some palas, that even cc´d does not take any damage
    i can handle some CW and TR´s with ease if they don´t outgear me a lot, lots of fun in case of cc ppl and not being cc´d all time
    can´t say if most ppl are undergeared atm, maybe in few weeks suffering starts again, but until now i am a fan from wraith shadow combined with HG + HS, its real dot damage and fast castingspeed neraly casting by moving WS, no Tr will hide anymore, changed KF for WS but not at all same effekt in my case, can´t say why,
    full sparks and these encounter it much more fun than in mod 5
    You can still inspect people via gateway ^_^

Paladins did not give me much of a trouble so far, only been oneshot by their daily once when I yawned too loud and lost battle awareness for a moment. Hit me for 110k (I got 107k) which I think was still a bug since such damage is not wai for sure :D But yes, those guys are somewhat more annoying to fight than a GF because of their all-rounded shield CC immune. Even GFs with hard lock aren't hard since there are tricks to catch them still. (geared CQ swordmaster with vorpal and crescendo is just RIP in most cases though)
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Apparently the Opal shield does not give immunity against certain types of CC - root I think it was. Not sure if this is a bug that will be corrected but I heard some Opal complaining about shield not blocking roots. If true, Brood and Trans terror enchant should work shield up or not. And their DJ Daily is their only real damage threat to the point of being ridiculous. OPals ACT damage parses are 60-90% that daily. With full negation stack and shift, its survivable.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    edited April 2015
    posted by vasdamas
    You can still inspect people via gateway ^_^
    how ? I don´t see any button or searching function..
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    how ? I don´t see any button or searching function..
    Character sheet page > replace your name and handle with name and handle of the percent you want. However, does not work for all people for some reason.

Also, done with 2nd post, will get on 3rd soon.
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Also, done with 2nd post, will get on 3rd soon.
    I just finished reading your updated post - nice information there. But I have a question: You took Tempations Dark Revelry and Lifesteal from ToDs final feat. But not Lifesteal stat wise (you chose Regen over LS). Where does your LS come from to make Dark Revelry worthwhile?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Character sheet page > replace your name and handle with name and handle of the percent you want. However, does not work for all people for some reason.

thx a lot, works well, now I can tanke a look at the player behind some crazy ammount of damage....p2W lots of cases..

lol I just respecced and also decided to scip Killing flame against dark revelry, cause its a big buff, but I took lifesteal, deciding between faster encounter and LS, encounter recharging 6% (3 points) could be good in my case but
    where do I find the updated version, i can´t the teh feat tree you took, or am I blind, sure I am

1125 recovery = 6% recovery 3 points

1150 stats (thats what you get from 16,5x70) = 2,9% LS

so you get nearly the same ammount of stats, I took LS synergizes with dark revelry, now having nearly 14% LS-chance

but also thought about recovery, faster encounter more damage, more cc, could be better, not sure, so I just will drink a potion 1000+ done :)
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I support this thread.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I just finished reading your updated post - nice information there. But I have a question: You took Tempations Dark Revelry and Lifesteal from ToDs final feat. But not Lifesteal stat wise (you chose Regen over LS). Where does your LS come from to make Dark Revelry worthwhile?
    I've got 6.5% (3.5% from stats and 3% more from tiamat's boon) base lifesteal + 4% more from vampiric sparks feat at 30 sparks. 10% is more than enough to keep dark revelry permanent with that my massive dot.
    1150 stats (thats what you get from 16,5x70) = 2,9% LS
    Wait, did you invest in soul reaping? For PvE I think it's a good feat but for PvP where you can't lifesteal from 0 floaters <.< I took desperate restoration for better sparks heal bellow 30% HP.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    + 4% more from vampiric sparks feat at 30 sparks.
    Wait, 4%? I thought it's 1.5% at 30 sparks...
    So you took Vampiric Sparks over Compounded Soul? I'm just wondering if Compounded Soul is affected by Healing Depression.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Wait, 4%? I thought it's 1.5% at 30 sparks...
    So you took Vampiric Sparks over Compounded Soul? I'm just wondering if Compounded Soul is affected by Healing Depression.
    At first I thought it's increase for lifesteal stat but figures it's something else, I am not sure what exactly since tooltip doesn't fit any I have in mind. You might go check in PE, before and after 30 sparks (use DT so it gives you the time to compare :D).

Compound soul is affected by HD.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    At first I thought it's increase for lifesteal stat but figures it's something else, I am not sure what exactly since tooltip doesn't fit any I have in mind. You might go check in PE, before and after 30 sparks (use DT so it gives you the time to compare :D).
    I will - thanks ;) This proves again: Never trust Cryptic(s) tooltips :D
    Compound soul is affected by HD.
    So only 2.5% temp HP? Darn, but good to know - I'll pass on this one, then.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have soul reaping and restoration (human), BP cania 4/5, crit severeity 3/3
    i got 1055 from soul reaping 2x400 from boons and 135 from stones and 2159 from armor weapon/offhand all in all 10,4 %
    + 3% from boon, is 1% base LS, cause they write 10, 4+4?
    so I have 14,4%
    when 30 sparks up i have 18,3% (+3,9% from sparks) sparks do giv 3,9% LS , lol not 1,5 as written
    using dark prayer i get 22,3% under 50% HP
    23% deflect (with 30 sparks)
    19xy tenacity

I am not sure about such an ammount of lifesteal in PVE, since a onehit is a onehit, and incoming damage is not to compensate with LS imo, as I experienced in eLOL f.e., T2 is onehit garanty lots of times onl doing trash, even 100% LS would not change a thing :(
    so i hope i did not waste all thes points... atm i do well in PVP, just think about stacking more deflect or DR, as you write p Negation wold be good, but I don´t have the AD´s
    atm elven battle is ok, it helps against these redicules Hunter --> daze-lock/root-daze-root/daze {10 time in one second] some ppl in forum defend such nonesense as in every mod, last mod TR, this mod some more classes on top

f.e. last game (really crappy group, we lost..) but i could deal with GWF all legandary lev 60, new prurple PVP Set, rings +6 with 2x2 slots, all rank 8-10, not high edn I know, but better geared than me, IV destroyer for sure + one bad equipped TR against me, I used dark prayer (really strong feat) + borrowed time and it was possible to comtest a while
    pala + same GWF i managed solo, since Pala dealt no damage and dies by mysterious neverending dots....seems broken, (WB-anti Pala)
    pala dead GWF near dead running ...turbo, too fast for me
    in mod 5 this would never happened, never ever
    my worst enemy is Hunter and TR if good equipped by far, all other classes CW, GF, Pala, DC are ok
    can´´t understand why these Hunters cry about too less damage...they deal tons of damage+root/daze all time, must be special kind of ppl who play hunter

but tbh lots of win and lose is about scill imo, so many bad player in game, can´t say why
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You need to get to 70 lvl and run across some premades with big loud mouth tags. Lots will change, including our crit hits that in most cases deal less damage than normal hits aha :D
    Dark prayers is good but for some reason I have a feeling it increases damage INCOMMING and bugged similar to Pure negation right after m6 release (fix'd), I'll need to test it to be more sure though. Also, shadow walk > everything :D
  • Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dark Prayers in theory is good, but I wouldn't use it:

1. If you are under geared + new, most likely any damage combo you take will bring you down to below 50%, so you get to utilize it in almost every fight.
    2. If you are GEARED + experienced, you will rarely get caught off guard, so I'd say more than 60% of the time you are just wasting a class feat slot that gives you nothing. And from my experience, if you are focused and getting bursted, It's already too late.

* I'd go for dust to dust for GG and shadow walk for Domination, the rank4 is just so good at chasing targets, running away from targets, rotating between nodes, spawning back and getting to your node super fast before it's capped.

* Also warding curse is interesting but I'm not sure how it works, it says when you curse a target they do less damage, but if every encounters consumes my curse, it makes it useless?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    * Also warding curse is interesting but I'm not sure how it works, it says when you curse a target they do less damage, but if every encounters consumes my curse, it makes it useless?
    Just tested with macjae. It does go off on curse consume. However, lesser curse and warlock's bargain proc that class feature now too so it's pretty much...permanent.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I reachd lev 70 already
    by writing GWF wore legendary lev 60 means, most classes that only have artifacts lev 70 f.e. purple neck(1196stats), tend to use their legendary lev 60+ (1510 stats with 2xrank 10) + personalized rings lev 60 (1420 2xrank 10), lev 70 gives you 1720stats 300+
    i rarely saw ppl with all lev 70 on legendary or better atm, think only the top PVP guilds are all maxed within few days, but otherwise looking at the leaderboard lots of ppl there wear lev 60 legendary

I am pretty sure that dark prayer + soul reaping is a good choice, especially against classes that are also mobile as you are (TR Hunter GWF) in 1 vs 1 situations, sure mobility is also good, but every fight differs a bit, depends on opponent
    otherwise I would have to respecc and go maxed on stamina gain with boons and feats to top these classes
    my playstyle is always more in-fight than from the distance (after stacking sparks) and i just can´t get used to this "strike and retreat" all time-like HB, tahts why I leveled my destroyer up to 70 lately
    dust-to-dust mostly works effective when you do already have the advatage, since the sparks don´t fill up AP, if you die, and hard fights often results in death, so you win nothing by using it and on top it does not help you contest in fight, only scenario is 1 vs 1 against TR--> sparks run out in case he disappears and you gain AP
    i switch between shadowslip and dark prayer, cause dark prayer also works against TR, imo its a better deal than having lots of mobility---> where to go? you don´t see the target

against premades its a lose anyway, doesn´t matter how hard you try, these guys know each other communicate on TS and have all rank12 most times
    my experience lately with these groups (Chocolate Shoppe) is: 1 TR vs 3 on node (permastealth) kills 2 GWF (all rank 10), when finished kills me rank 8´s, all from stealth, using lifedrinker +/- T bilethorn (not sure, its that anoying animation) about 5 hits from stealth, done
    so what is your setup against this? orbs...lol
    no there is no competition in that case, cause they use all possible ways/ combinations to get you down, probably no need to even use any bugs

I am sure in case of having a mobile build with more stamina-gain by feats and boons + less stamina costs it would be better against premades in case of "running away"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    People are still running in 60 lvls because upgrading all now would be a big waste, most wates for x2 RP weekend (and me too). Warlock isn't just "hold a node" type, movement offers a lot for roaming between the 2 and base or fast backcap. The class has lots utility, despite it can't perform it's role of stiker as good as some other classes due to bugged mechanics/exploits at the moment. Besides many PvP players, including some "big names" too are extraordinary kill-happy so kite-around tactics works too as long as it helps win some points.

I've recently started doing some premades and I wouldn't say warlock is always a lose, even with two in a party. Perma-WB temptation Warlock with a ton of recovery and defense backcapping + Fury roamer win a game just fine against other premade. I only need orbs to catch them in stealth, I don't use them as major dmg encounter against rogues any more like m5 where those could trigger tenebrous enchantment which is absolete and only works in 1 offense slot.
    You find a TR, you HoB it (at the moment it's bugged and nulifies some sources of damage against you except boons like thayan bastion or avalache and some other sources of damage that don't come directly from an attacker like thorn-ward of HRs.), then you try to DT it. Thanks to bugged all-consuming curse it's now possible to build some DT stacks and CD on the opponent. It will take time of course but if you play clever you'll kill TR or a HR in no time.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Perma-WB temptation Warlock with a ton of recovery
    Perma WB is actually possible? I guess with Determined Casting + high INT + high recovery, right? But how can you also get high HP (CON), Crit (for Soulspark generation; CHA) and Lifesteal with so much invested into cooldown reduction, then? I mean, I think this is still necessary to increase survival.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Perma WB is actually possible? I guess with Determined Casting + high INT + high recovery, right? But how can you also get high HP (CON), Crit (for Soulspark generation; CHA) and Lifesteal with so much invested into cooldown reduction, then? I mean, I think this is still necessary to increase survival.
    Yap, Recovery + high INT + Determined casting. There will still be a room for some other stats with high INT I think as for sparks generation IS do it quite well and with lesser CD temptation would probably spamm those non stop.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yap, Recovery + high INT + Determined casting. There will still be a room for some other stats with high INT I think as for sparks generation IS do it quite well and with lesser CD temptation would probably spamm those non stop.
    I guess with IS you mean Infernal Spheres. But how do the Spheres generate Sparks? I think I'm missing something here.

Oh, and what is the actual duration of WB? The tooltip - surprise surprise - doesn't mention it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I guess with IS you mean Infernal Spheres. But how do the Spheres generate Sparks? I think I'm missing something here.

Oh, and what is the actual duration of WB? The tooltip - surprise surprise - doesn't mention it.
    Right, just went to the trade of blades, 10 casts of IS in a row and not a single of them even crit. (got 38% crit chance atm). Quite sure in m5 darts from IS used to crit though, now that encounter looks truly useless. Maybe it's because of 4th point in, idk.
    WB's duration is around 8 seconds.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    1. are you able to kill an opponent as perma WB temp-lock , and is that build viable in PVE?

2. and by fury roamer you mean a build that rely on stamina regeneration, but how much points do you put in shadow fold and determined casting, what do you sacrifice instead, bloodpat of cania ? how much recovery do you have?

3. so HoB causing 0 0 0 0 ?
    you do HoB, and DT, so what are exactly your encounter/rotation by dealing with a TR from premade, that operates from distance being permastealth and throws his at will/encounter at you soaking your life away in seconds?
    first you need to bee lucky and discover him by dealing damage with orbs...no crits-no sparks (they did crit in mod 5 for sure), in case you see him you do HoB (only deals debuff in melee range), afterwards DT (getting some sparks) + ? Hadar grasp + essencedefiler?

4. i can only stack sparks effectivly by using essencedefiler, all other option would need endlees time to get sparks up (30 crits exactely)
    my problem with permastealth TR is the perma... I can´t see him i can´t stack sparks , i get no defence and selfheal up, i just get melted in short time all from stealth- this is a fact facing geared/scilled TR´s

all relies on crit, so speaking about an effective build, high crit would be a must
    crit for sparks building, crit for proccing lesser curse since no crit no lesser curse no defence from DT
    how can I get high crit and enough arp?
    did anyone tried a build with real high ammounts of crit? like f.e. lazalia build build for GWF, he got 18k+ crit lol
    you have to sacrifice defence, LS, power, deflect etc this only would work for more or less maxed chars?
    just curious about the stats and setup
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    1. Like any temptation would I think.
    2. No, the only stamina gain I have is from IWD boons. I've got 5 points in shadow fold though, always had since the first day I respec'd for PvP. I don't have determined casting, I use that gap to build sparks with defiler. I've got 1.2k recovery, it'll be down to 900 with next x2 RP weekend though, trying to dump everything in crit and arp atm.
    3. DT is good but I'd not use it in any match with CW or HR, simply gets interrupted too often in teamfights, so only if you need to take care of TR. I HoB the TR once, curse > DT it, shadow slip or just simply walk to the place they are stealthed at, debuff them again, watch them rolling/dodging, follow that dodge, debuff again, they reveal - I dump all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I've got at them, even if they pull out ITC.
    No luck, it's about learning game mechanics. I've been playing TR since m1 till m5, if you can't see it, you can simply hear it besides there are some animations like sparks generation/ stuck CoS daggers/ HR's arrows that help you see them in stealth. I liked IS for they trigger tenebrous enchantment but now as they don't crit and tenebrous got nerfed the encounter is near to no use.
    4. HG > Curse > Defiler x3 > HoB > some shadow slip around > rest encounters or more of defiler. Usually something like that.
    The most interesting thing about this module is you can't go for all stats at the same time for them to be effective so I'd say give up on recovery, can't outperform current CW's with their spell twisting at recharge speed anyway. I rely on my cloak and DC sigil (which i'll soon swap for Oghma though) for building AP, some slow encounter recharge time is ok, more time for hobbing and defiling
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I will think about high crit build since that would do best for you, even in PVE its best option, high crit means high spark building, high spark building means lots of SoulScorch..
    atm i will scip DsA against HoB

one thing i recognized having high defelct, feythistle procs very often , can´t say how much from all over damage
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    hm i can´t see anything special about HoB, do i need mainhand feat?
    one TR last match owned a node against 2 with ease, scilled sure, no special equip
    and HoB prevented ne from nothing...got somkebombed, dazed and killed out of stealth like all times