test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Misery's fury PvP build and insight on PvP SW.

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    currently , dps wise, 35% crit rate + P Vorpal will out DPS all existing weapon enchants.

and Test server items are iffy right now, enchants some working some not lol
    Some don't even do weapon based damage : D
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »

exactly, Lightning and Vorpal are the only one I can tell are truly operating properly ^^
  • michelmontenegromichelmontenegro Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I felt the "Combo Kills" skill that has combined high chance of defeating a play.
    What would be the best Combo Kills Warlock?

The heroic feat "Blood Pact of Cania" seems to be buga, or have any problem!
    He should not add + 5% damage per point of Constitution?
    ex .:
    11 Constitution = 1% damage (+ 5% "Blood Pact of Cania")
    20 Constitution = 10% damage (+ 50% "Blood Pact of Cania")

Correct?
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The heroic feat "Blood Pact of Cania" seems to be buga, or have any problem!
    He should not add + 5% damage per point of Constitution?
    ex .:
    11 Constitution = 1% damage (+ 5% "Blood Pact of Cania")
    20 Constitution = 10% damage (+ 50% "Blood Pact of Cania")

Correct?

Pretty sure it doesn’t work that way.

If it works the same as the CW Learned Spellcaster feat that does the same for the Intelligence stat, each point in Blood Pact adds 1% damage +.01% damage per point of Constitution over 10.

So using your examples you would get:
    11 constitution = 1% damage (+5.05% “Blood Pact of Cania”)

20 constitution = 10% damage (+5.50% “Blood Pact of Cania”)

Now I could be wrong, it might work differently or be bugged etc. but unless you have spotted something during testing that implies it is adding +50% damage, I doubt it would be that far out of line with another feat worded the same way.

Edit: re-tested and the feat appears t be functioning as above
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
    edited February 2015
    Pretty sure it doesn’t work that way.

If it works the same as the CW Learned Spellcaster feat that does the same for the Intelligence stat, each point in Blood Pact adds 1% damage +.01% damage per point of Constitution over 10.

So using your examples you would get:
    11 constitution = 1% damage (+5.05% “Blood Pact of Cania”)

20 constitution = 10% damage (+5.50% “Blood Pact of Cania”)

Now I could be wrong, it might work differently or be bugged etc. but unless you have spotted something during testing that implies it is adding +50% damage, I doubt it would be that far out of line with another feat worded the same way. I’ll update this post when I have time to test it again.

I do not know if this correct the contents of this topic, this calculation is made on the power, based on the constitution.
    If Formula Correct:
    (1+((28"CON"-10)/100))/5"BoodPact" = 0,236
    5.000power * 1,236 = 6180 power

Then
    5.0K power = 30,30% Damage
    6.1K power = 37,45% Damage

Does it work that way?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?802691-Blood-Pact-of-Cania-Tested-and-Working

@Edit
    Formula is wrong!
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I do not know if this correct the contents of this topic, this calculation is made on the power, based on the constitution.
    If Formula Correct:
    (1+((28"CON"-10)/100))/5"BoodPact" = 0,236
    5.000power * 1,236 = 6180 power

Then
    5.0K power = 30,30% Damage
    6.1K power = 37,45% Damage

Does it work that way?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?802691-Blood-Pact-of-Cania-Tested-and-Working

@Edit
    Formula is wrong!

I'll admit you have lost me now but if it is of any help the full damage formula as tested by Kaelic is:
    Damage = C1* (1+(STAT-10)/100)* ((1+WD*0.00846)* (0.9+rank/10)* (1+power*0.00006))

"C1 is a damage co-efficient unique to each ability, STAT is the relevant class ability score which gives a bonus to damage (i.e. STR for TR, GF and GWF, Dex for HR, INT for CW, WIS for DC). WD is weapon damage, rank is the number of points invested in a skill and power is your power stat. Note if you have a feat that improve the damage bonus from your ability score (eg Learned Spellcaster for CW) the Stat bonus is raised accordingly." source: Kealic at http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/382-kaelac%E2%80%99s-guide-to-damage-tenacity-reisistance-and-debuffs-in-neverwinter/
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
    edited February 2015
    I'll admit you have lost me now but if it is of any help the full damage formula as tested by Kaelic is:
    Damage = C1* (1+(STAT-10)/100)* ((1+WD*0.00846)* (0.9+rank/10)* (1+power*0.00006))

"C1 is a damage co-efficient unique to each ability, STAT is the relevant class ability score which gives a bonus to damage (i.e. STR for TR, GF and GWF, Dex for HR, INT for CW, WIS for DC). WD is weapon damage, rank is the number of points invested in a skill and power is your power stat. Note if you have a feat that improve the damage bonus from your ability score (eg Learned Spellcaster for CW) the Stat bonus is raised accordingly." source: Kealic at http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/382-kaelac%E2%80%99s-guide-to-damage-tenacity-reisistance-and-debuffs-in-neverwinter/

28CON and 5% Blood Pact of Cania = % damage real?
    edited February 2015
    28CON and 5% Blood Pact of Cania = % damage real?

Replied ingame.
    edited February 2015
    Replied ingame.
    Misery thought about doing the temptation?
    edited March 2015
    Misery thought about doing the temptation?
    Temptation SW isn't bad, it's really good to counter some enemies that have massive DoT (fury included) but temptation SW needs to be as tanky as possible. I mean, very tanky, literally dumping into defense and reflecting damage. The damage will be lacking though.

I'll try to post some temptation build later, once I am done with 5vs5 and fury.

P.S Temptation excels in GG domination too, way better than fury I think.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    btw did anyone testes elven battle enchantement, just testing the 100% enchant
    I think its not that bad in pvp, against root, daze, freeze etc.
    there are so many slowing and immobilizing things until now, performance seems better for me, not sure until now but keep on testing
    edited March 2015
    btw did anyone testes elven battle enchantement, just testing the 100% enchant
    I think its not that bad in pvp, against root, daze, freeze etc.
    there are so many slowing and immobilizing things until now, performance seems better for me, not sure until now but keep on testing
    Thought of it. Maybe will buy one once I get 3 CR artifacts. SF is just too good comparing to the rest so far, just because it's our the only "cleanse" from all negative debuffs.
    edited March 2015
    Misery, one doubts about races , i am full PvP (Race Current: dragonborn), but despite the + 5% heal, I'm thinking about getting the human, what's wrong?
    * Negative:
    Lose 2% chance of critical (-2 Charisma)
    * Positive:
    "Blood Pact of Cania" (2%) to 5%

Do you think it's worth?
    - My current build (Heroic Feat and Feat):
    http://nwcalc.com/sw?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,13li32i:150zzv:100000:100000&h=0&p=slb

About tiefling you wrote this! I did not understand, explain?
    "Oh hell and wraith stacks"
    edited March 2015
    Misery, one doubts about races , i am full PvP (Race Current: dragonborn), but despite the + 5% heal, I'm thinking about getting the human, what's wrong?
    * Negative:
    Lose 2% chance of critical (-2 Charisma)
    * Positive:
    "Blood Pact of Cania" (2%) to 5%

Do you think it's worth?
    - My current build (Heroic Feat and Feat):
    http://nwcalc.com/sw?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,13li32i:150zzv:100000:100000&h=0&p=slb

About tiefling you wrote this! I did not understand, explain?
    "Oh hell and wraith stacks"
    Racial feat of tieflings, it stacks. Meaning, the more they hit you, the less power they have. For GWFs power is a crucial stat, yet debuffing them like that is not effective since you may end up being dead before you manage to have even 1 stack of Infernal Wrath unless they use some DoT enchantment.
    As for your race, I suggest stick to dragonborn, 3% extra damage is not much.
  • lnxepiquelnxepique Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey Mysery :) You seem to be very famous among pvp players, people recommended me to ask you for advice :P
    Which armor - weapon enchantment do you think will be the best for pvp and which for pve in mod 6 for the SW?

Currently own a vorpal and a firstburst (got bored of SF) , thinking about switching to terror and negation. (All perfect)

Thanks in advance, master.
    edited March 2015
    lnxepique wrote: »
    Hey Mysery :) You seem to be very famous among pvp players, people recommended me to ask you for advice :P
    Which armor - weapon enchantment do you think will be the best for pvp and which for pve in mod 6 for the SW?

Currently own a vorpal and a firstburst (got bored of SF) , thinking about switching to terror and negation. (All perfect)

Thanks in advance, master.
    Oh really? I think I ended up cursing at each "competitive" PvPer I've met so far.

Anyway, I am thinking of either bloodtheft (still need more investigation on it's stats) or negation. Bloodtheft because not only it's necrotic damage which synergizes with our capstone (fury) but also heals which lack in m6 comparing to live. Negation seems to be a very cheesy choice too, I am currently thinking if it'd be worth it running some kind of annoying troll build with p.negation and p.holy avenger in domination... Bunch of DR and some heals :D
    Negation will be BIS for temptation for sure.
    edited March 2015
    Racial feat of tieflings, it stacks. Meaning, the more they hit you, the less power they have. For GWFs power is a crucial stat, yet debuffing them like that is not effective since you may end up being dead before you manage to have even 1 stack of Infernal Wrath unless they use some DoT enchantment.
    As for your race, I suggest stick to dragonborn, 3% extra damage is not much.
    "Blood pact of Cania":
    - Increases the damage directly from the skill! ;)
    - If the SW have "Full CON", then these 5% increase approximately 1K in damage of some skills (Ex .: Killing Flame)
    - It does NOT affect the power / Attack!

* Tested races for me (Order): Tiefling > Dragonborn > Halfling > Dragonborn > Half-Elf > Dragonborn > Human
    - Test results:
    a) Human: Best Damage Flat Based Build (High Critical Damage, but has a frequency of 1 crit. 3 attacks).
    b) Half-Elf: Best Critical Based Build (Chance & Severity).
    c) Dragonborn: GWF (3% Power and Chance critical) and DC (+ 5% heal all source) are the most benefit from this race. SW is fine but but in fact did not feel such a sudden change in healing to compensate keep it.
    d) Tiefling: Excellent KS, the 5% reduction in power is interesting, Excellent category most in my opinion has a problem (ALL racial abilities it are conditional)
    e) Halfling: He is the WORST SW regarding the "General Damage", "Critical Chance" and "Critical damage", but is very good in survival (+ 5% and + 10% Deflect Resistencia the control).

Note: Half-Orc think it would look great in a GWF or TR, but not in a SW (Although he had a very interesting synergy), but it is conditional on racial critical hit, and he has a chance to critical low, equal to the Halfling and human.

This is my conclusion about the breeds tested, currently consider the best human SW option!

Misery you liked this elf who currently use (Wood Elf)?
    edited March 2015
    "Blood pact of Cania":
    - Increases the damage directly from the skill! ;)
    - If the SW have "Full CON", then these 5% increase approximately 1K in damage of some skills (Ex .: Killing Flame)
    - It does NOT affect the power / Attack!

* Tested races for me (Order): Tiefling > Dragonborn > Halfling > Dragonborn > Half-Elf > Dragonborn > Human
    - Test results:
    a) Human: Best Damage Flat Based Build (High Critical Damage, but has a frequency of 1 crit. 3 attacks).
    b) Half-Elf: Best Critical Based Build (Chance & Severity).
    c) Dragonborn: GWF (3% Power and Chance critical) and DC (+ 5% heal all source) are the most benefit from this race. SW is fine but but in fact did not feel such a sudden change in healing to compensate keep it.
    d) Tiefling: Excellent KS, the 5% reduction in power is interesting, Excellent category most in my opinion has a problem (ALL racial abilities it are conditional)
    e) Halfling: He is the WORST SW regarding the "General Damage", "Critical Chance" and "Critical damage", but is very good in survival (+ 5% and + 10% Deflect Resistencia the control).

Note: Half-Orc think it would look great in a GWF or TR, but not in a SW (Although he had a very interesting synergy), but it is conditional on racial critical hit, and he has a chance to critical low, equal to the Halfling and human.

This is my conclusion about the breeds tested, currently consider the best human SW option!

Misery you liked this elf who currently use (Wood Elf)?
    Totally lost you on the first part. Didn't really get what's the point of the races comparison you put in there. However, yes, I like my new Moon Elf race. Kind of got tired of being constantly rooted/stunned/dazed in PvP so decided I get some CR from racials along with offhand and tenacity bonus. I don't like halfling race, never did, so moon elf ended up being my choice.
    edited March 2015
    Totally lost you on the first part. Didn't really get what's the point of the races comparison you put in there. However, yes, I like my new Moon Elf race. Kind of got tired of being constantly rooted/stunned/dazed in PvP so decided I get some CR from racials along with offhand and tenacity bonus. I don't like halfling race, never did, so moon elf ended up being my choice.

Kessell's Spheres of Annihilation
    Has tested this artifact? Does not he worth it?
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2015

its very good i recommend it

regards
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, would be a good choice for PvE HB warlock like Lantern/Beholder/blue dragon heart. I have my beholder since I thought black ice set bonus would be something useful, turned out it was just a small chance for 80 piercing damage on each hit. I'd get something more useful for PvP like white dragon heart or any artifact that provides more tankiness or stamina gain. It depends on what are you lacking atm.
    edited March 2015
    Added OPvP part with minor info.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Edit front page to say that this ia Now OUT Dated etc. ^^

or that it is specifically for Mod 4/5
    edited April 2015
    Re-opened, will add some info in tommorow.

UPD edited the first post for now, will continue working on the rest tommorow.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh you decided to re-open this, nice
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
    edited April 2015
    does anyone know how to beat paladin, he has 360 degree shield and takes nearly no damage?
    even if you control him, most times i only see yellow 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 pppping up?
    i guess only very high damagenumbers , right, like GWF IBS 70k can deal with this, or does this WB thing stil work?
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    does anyone know how to beat paladin, he has 360 degree shield and takes nearly no damage?
    even if you control him, most times i only see yellow 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 pppping up?
    i guess only very high damagenumbers , right, like GWF IBS 70k can deal with this, or does this WB thing stil work?

Fury WB SS Hadars grasp. If they're using negation then GG just run away
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
    edited April 2015
    there was a bug with WB and paladin i read
    atm I am really enjoying PVP in case of not running BIS-player , HG -WS-HS, Control Lock rocks, except against some palas, that even cc´d does not take any damage
    i can handle some CW and TR´s with ease if they don´t outgear me a lot, lots of fun in case of cc ppl and not being cc´d all time
    can´t say if most ppl are undergeared atm, maybe in few weeks suffering starts again, but until now i am a fan from wraith shadow combined with HG + HS, its real dot damage and fast castingspeed neraly casting by moving WS, no Tr will hide anymore, changed KF for WS but not at all same effekt in my case, can´t say why,
    full sparks and these encounter it much more fun than in mod 5
    edited April 2015
    there was a bug with WB and paladin i read
    atm I am really enjoying PVP in case of not running BIS-player , HG -WS-HS, Control Lock rocks, except against some palas, that even cc´d does not take any damage
    i can handle some CW and TR´s with ease if they don´t outgear me a lot, lots of fun in case of cc ppl and not being cc´d all time
    can´t say if most ppl are undergeared atm, maybe in few weeks suffering starts again, but until now i am a fan from wraith shadow combined with HG + HS, its real dot damage and fast castingspeed neraly casting by moving WS, no Tr will hide anymore, changed KF for WS but not at all same effekt in my case, can´t say why,
    full sparks and these encounter it much more fun than in mod 5
    You can still inspect people via gateway ^_^

Paladins did not give me much of a trouble so far, only been oneshot by their daily once when I yawned too loud and lost battle awareness for a moment. Hit me for 110k (I got 107k) which I think was still a bug since such damage is not wai for sure :D But yes, those guys are somewhat more annoying to fight than a GF because of their all-rounded shield CC immune. Even GFs with hard lock aren't hard since there are tricks to catch them still. (geared CQ swordmaster with vorpal and crescendo is just RIP in most cases though)
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Apparently the Opal shield does not give immunity against certain types of CC - root I think it was. Not sure if this is a bug that will be corrected but I heard some Opal complaining about shield not blocking roots. If true, Brood and Trans terror enchant should work shield up or not. And their DJ Daily is their only real damage threat to the point of being ridiculous. OPals ACT damage parses are 60-90% that daily. With full negation stack and shift, its survivable.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack