• obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Look at this and tell me that the PvP isn't already dead d(^.^)b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-s4zYaT6Hg&feature=youtu.be
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    The difference here is:

In a real sports league, teams play under an established set of rules adjudicated by a neutral third party, and both teams agree to be punished for infractions should they arise. Therefore the rankings of teams in a league much more closely corresponds to differences in talent or skill.

In Neverwinter PVP, teams openly exploit and break the rules, and the rankings correspond to which players are the biggest cheaters.

I agree entirely. For rankins to be legit, the leaderboard needs to be legit. Neverwinter pvp needs to be legit. Saying it doesn't matter and so should not be fixed is pointless.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    @obsydian I think this GWF was bad geared for PVP....
    i see a lot TR´s with no Tenacity no defensive stats- sab permastealth probably, up to 13k Power buffed in fight, who can easily finish u in seconds if not running or shifting arround like a chicken all time
    GWF is really hard to play, especially against these dudes reflecting everything
    TR and DC and lots of CW´s go PVP in PVE (insane stats) setup and melt everything down in seconds, no Tenacity or DR does help against this "everything ignoring piercing or instant killing damage"
    since devs are aware of this problem and don´t change this mess, only way is to play these classes (poor) or stay away or play a range class....warlock who is weak in case of defensive mechanism, but .... you can run arround
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    @obsydian I think this GWF was bad geared for PVP....

You kidding?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu8X-bll7aQ

You know...Your words offend me :P look at this and tell me again i am bad geared.

PS. i have already enough people who trying to defend broken TR.
    I can imagine you TRs when 14/15k GWF can ignored all your defense and ITC and deal you 50k dmg from single IBS, i can already hear that cry- plx nerf GWF. really embarrassing
  • scushimushiscushimushi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Using gs to balance pvp teams can help, but people can just equip green equips to join the matchs, and equip it back when they are in.
    Maybe using a rank factor, like if you played alot pvp you rank got higher so you dont play anymore whith the lower rank pvp players.
    I love if the game as some fair matchs, but isnt something easy to make.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    he is nearly maxxed, so could this be anything else than ironic? just use ur head
  • kripitkskripitks Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Using gs to balance pvp teams can help, but people can just equip green equips to join the matchs, and equip it back when they are in.
    Easy to fix. Just implament that game kicks you from match if your GS goes over some value and you get a 30min ban.
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kripitks wrote: »
    Easy to fix. Just implament that game kicks you from match if your GS goes over some value and you get a 30min ban.

Or you could just lock gear into place during the match...
    23uvq8m.png
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Actions speak louder than words. Especially when Devs are so silent on broken TR. When mod 6 actually buffs TR. Are feedbacks not reaching the Devs due to most posts pertaining to TR being canned or deleted? Do you have any idea the sort of irreversible damage being done to PvP scene? Or was that the real intention?
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have people not yet noticed that all modules have an OP class?
    I'm thinking this might not be a coincidence at all.
    or maybe devs are too busy with module 6 and all the changes it'll bring to character stats, and prefer to do that before doing any changes to characters for now.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    One key issue is that in PvP the most you are going to fight will be five. In PvE you are going to be up against ten, twenty, or more and skills are designed in a way that best fit a player to do so. I have always felt that developers for this game design it around PvE and after the desired result has been accomplished they only then consider what the effect on PvP will be. PvP is a small community, and honestly I don't ever see it growing much more. This is a PvE game and players who are hardcore into PvP just need to accept that they will always be on the back burner for needs and wants being addressed.

Well put.....
  • tbhdk2tbhdk2 Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2015
    Allow me: The "ranking matter" because the leaderboard is the only way to measure the success or failure of a character against the success or failure of the other players. It is the only system in the game in which competition is tracked over a players pvp career.

Why does the tracking of wins/losses matter in any sport or game? Without these standings you have no sports leagues.

I cannot imagine a more ignorant question phrased in a more rude way.

It matters little, Eg. if you are a tr that takes the opponent point - kill away those stragglers that try to retake it. It pretty obviously counts less than running capturing points all the time.

If that tr should score any higher - he would have to abandon the point, wait till its retaken then hurry to kill people and retake the point ad infinitum. Conterproductive to acheiving victory in the match.

A tr with kill death ratio 4/1 will find himself on the leaderboard next to people dying 3 times for killing 1.

So why should it matter?
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I play a 22k pvp HR, a 16k pve CW and a 17k pvp TR everyday in pvp dom/gg. I'm not the best player, but I'm far from the worst. Q times have been longer recently - 5 to 10 mins if it doesn't pop straight away, but the matches seem to be better, not so many utter rolfstomps and a lot more tight games.

Double TRs in each team usually lol.

But anyway, pvp as far as I'm concerned is alive and well, I like the current crazy dps version, it reminds me of mod2 pvp when I first joined, the HR trapper right now is almost a perfect copy of the old stormstep stormwarden in playstyle and really fun.

I'd hate to play a gwf or a sw this mod, unless I was stupid high gs. But the other classes, all good if you build right, and you don't have too many 7k wonders on your team ;).
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • buayakauhuhuhbuayakauhuhuh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You're just good to cry .. stand up like a men come on !! My gf kills tr very easy is just about hard beating and not cry like a p....y !
    And pvp is alive and well !!!
  • xxxgriessonxxxxxxgriessonxxx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did you notice today's patch and the nerf to Split the sky? Was that meant to be a provocation or something?
  • actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2015
    A few days ago, maybe even a work or so now, I tried to see what all the flaming about TR was about, so I queued for PVP, which I have not done since the CW first got their PVP buff.

Let me first say, wow I totally understand where all the complaints about TR went, I spent the whole match stunned or tag teamed stunned. It was ridiculous. My CW control powers (freeze mainly) got seriously nerfed why is the stun duration not the same? At MOST it should be 1 second on players just like all the control powers for CW seem to be.

Then i'd say in the last 2 or 3 days i've queued just for dailys trying to get another artifact to use to refine another power artifact with should another double RP weekend show up.

What I discovered was that it would be me a 17k CW or 16k GF queued in with 2 - 4 players that had 7k or LESS GS, some dont' even have 1 artifact from the level 20 quest that gives one, many are in green gear that is not even level 50 ... seriously not even level 5 0 !!!! My opponents 3+ 20k+ GS players with lots of pretty orange bling. Yeah total waste of my time.

Then another funny thing happened, I stopped getting much of anything but 7- 10 k players ... honestly the matches ended up seemingly more balanced with same skilled players on each team... it was actually fun, good node contestation, no one one shotting each other ... some of the best matches I had but at times it literally felt like it was me with a team of bots vs. another live player and his team of bots.

So i'm wondering did all of a sudden all the craziness with TR and GS disparity between players finally make people stop doing pvp? Or maybe did all the supremely geared pvp players have nothing left to buy with glory and hit their glory cap and are now farming grym coins for the future update with drow gear?

PvP can be improved, but it will never be fair. In terms of players matching, that's pretty much what you get for pugging. Best way to survive in PvP would be to find a decent (balanced) group and gear yourself like crazy. There is nothing more powerful than a team work. TRs are naturally good at PvP due to their skill rotations and stealth. Still, there are many ways to defeat TRs with CW, it's all about the perfect timing. You can be like all awesome alone, but at the end of the day... if your team lose, it's over. When I pug, majority of players give """" about me. They just solo everything, and that's not good.

I have interesting suggestion:

1) Reduce incoming damage and healing by 50%.

2) Give "que" a multiple option - 10k GS only - 15k GS only - 20k GS - no limit (average item level).

3) Provide PvP specific skill/spells.

That's how PW can improve the PvP if they feel like it. I'm not saying my suggestion is 100% perfect, but it can be done.
    Just don't think it will ever be fair, some people love unfairness because they win :P
  • bjanubjanu Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    actaus wrote: »
    PvP can be improved, but it will never be fair. In terms of players matching, that's pretty much what you get for pugging. Best way to survive in PvP would be to find a decent (balanced) group and gear yourself like crazy. There is nothing more powerful than a team work. TRs are naturally good at PvP due to their skill rotations and stealth. Still, there are many ways to defeat TRs with CW, it's all about the perfect timing. You can be like all awesome alone, but at the end of the day... if your team lose, it's over. When I pug, majority of players give """" about me. They just solo everything, and that's not good.

I have interesting suggestion:

1) Reduce incoming damage and healing by 50%.

2) Give "que" a multiple option - 10k GS only - 15k GS only - 20k GS - no limit (average item level).

3) Provide PvP specific skill/spells.

That's how PW can improve the PvP if they feel like it. I'm not saying my suggestion is 100% perfect, but it can be done.
    Just don't think it will ever be fair, some people love unfairness because they win :P

Naturally good? whats natural about it? This is a game it's all artificial - if you want you can make a useless class using stealth or you can over buff it like they did it now. For example give stealth that breaks on combat - make the class deal low to average dmg and be squishy. One aoe hit - you are in combat you are revealed. Class uses stealth - and guess what its not naturally good at pvp.
    Simple things - stealth is not invisibility by definition and all it should give is the surprise. That means once combat started you should not be able to use it without special circumstances. And considering the simple fact that you already got and advantage means that if you failed to use this advantage you should lose the fight. Is it like that now - NO - you dodge the one shot then the tr beats you up anyway. Moreover stealth is used to take people one by one without others to notice, however now rogues just face roll groups of people and have the highest chance to win.
  • sweetpwnysweetpwny Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2015
    Did you notice today's patch and the nerf to Split the sky? Was that meant to be a provocation or something?

Of all the things to nerf...
    edited January 2015
    One key issue is that in PvP the most you are going to fight will be five. In PvE you are going to be up against ten, twenty, or more and skills are designed in a way that best fit a player to do so. I have always felt that developers for this game design it around PvE and after the desired result has been accomplished they only then consider what the effect on PvP will be. PvP is a small community, and honestly I don't ever see it growing much more. This is a PvE game and players who are hardcore into PvP just need to accept that they will always be on the back burner for needs and wants being addressed.

Do you think if something new is given to pvp players that it somehow detracts from your wants? When a new mod is released do you ever have doubts there will be something new for PVE? You guys have all of these dungeons, plenty to choose from yet you treat pvpers like we have no right to ask for anything new. Sounds like some of you PVE'ers need to look in the mirror before classifying pvpers as toxic because this is toxic behavior and downright nasty and oppressive.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sweetpwny wrote: »
    Do you think if something new is given to pvp players that it somehow detracts from your wants? When a new mod is released do you ever have doubts there will be something new for PVE? You guys have all of these dungeons, plenty to choose from yet you treat pvpers like we have no right to ask for anything new. Sounds like some of you PVE'ers need to look in the mirror before classifying pvpers as toxic because this is toxic behavior and downright nasty and oppressive.

Yes. Every patch they work on pvp, and it almost always trashes pve builds and hurts pve.
    edited January 2015
    The design of this game is not geared toward prolonged retention so no, I don't agree that PvP is the real end game. I think hardcore PvP players have been beating their heads against the wall thinking that someday Neverwinter will satisfy their needs. I'm saying it is never going to happen to the degree that will make PvP for this game ever a viable place for those who really enjoy PvP. The priority just isn't there.

Your ideas are rather selfish.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    jonkoca wrote: »
    I play a 22k pvp HR, a 16k pve CW and a 17k pvp TR everyday in pvp dom/gg. I'm not the best player, but I'm far from the worst. Q times have been longer recently - 5 to 10 mins if it doesn't pop straight away, but the matches seem to be better, not so many utter rolfstomps and a lot more tight games.

Double TRs in each team usually lol.

But anyway, pvp as far as I'm concerned is alive and well, I like the current crazy dps version, it reminds me of mod2 pvp when I first joined, the HR trapper right now is almost a perfect copy of the old stormstep stormwarden in playstyle and really fun.

I'd hate to play a gwf or a sw this mod, unless I was stupid high gs. But the other classes, all good if you build right, and you don't have too many 7k wonders on your team ;).

You have a high end HR (I'm guessing Trapper?) and TR, so obviously you will enjoy current PVP. Try play a GF or GWF against two TRs and a Trapper. Call me back and tell me how much fun you had getting perma-controlled thanks to incessant dazing and roots. Tell me how you enjoyed that LB that killed you from full health because of a broken, OP SOD proc. I've had a 14k TR cut through my 47% DR, 25% deflec, 54k HP and 26% tenacity with a single LB then have the proc kill me. One hit and a fully healthy 19k PVP-specced GF is dead.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't mind PVPers having more toys.

I do mind that certain PVPers seem to insist that their priorities ought to dictate over all others, whether it be out of some misguided notion that "PVP is the real endgame", or whether it is because they think their money entitles them to direct content.

I also mind when PVPers insist that character powers and features ought to revolve around PVP and not about the MAIN FOCUS OF THIS GAME, which is - you guessed it - dungeons and dragons.
    edited January 2015
    We all blame the devs for their epic delay in fixing any inbalance.When they actually do.This is the obvious and i will not say anything about it.So many said before me.

But what was not said ,was the community's responsibility for that behaviour.

Neverwinter pvp community...

Exploiters,botters,hackers .90% of them.

Since mod 2 ,PVPers made any unfortunate pve toon that would join pvp,a miserable experience.
    Top PVP guilds using their GWFs leap slamming in respawn area and killing again and again pve toons 4-5k gs lower.
    Top pvp Trs with impact shot pushing dawn idle pve toons in campfire.

Emblem of Seldarine exploit...

PVP CWs acting like weasels ,never reporting their bugs in preview ,and going to Mod4 wrecking chaos.
    PVP Trs even this day saying "there is nothing with TRs,learn to play".

HRs abusing the thorn ward glitch during mod3.And the list is going on...

PVP community was and still is,a toxic community unable to provide true feedback.
    Devs -seeing these guys actually bring them money- having a short sight of the problem and not adressing it.

And now we are left with 3000 toons pvping in mod5.Half of them are on the same account.
    From 1500 left,700-800 are just for the daily.Pvp community is 700 people at most.
    That is the explanation why the devs they do not pay serious attention anymore.They will just create OP classes (Tr ,incoming Paladin) just to bait some new PVErs to buy things in Zen market.

But we reached that point cause as said ,PVP community in its glory days was shortsighted.
    Even now they are the same.

Example:I pvped with some random people from the channel i participate in just to d o the daily pvp.We were high and low gs toons ,some pvp specced some pve specced.We just did it for the lulz.As it should be.The time we gueue we knew very few people pvp.We felt to a premade half EoA ,half Absolute and one famous 23k gs HR.You see these guys did not qued separately as duos.In order to face comptetition even each other.They made a premade and queued cause they would like to ensure that would rolfstomp any pug group in thier way.
    And ofcourse the usual camping dawn of our respawn point foloowed.

And yet you expect new players to endure this?No way.This the pvp reality of Neverwinter.Premades played a big role in reducing pvp population.

So players/customers are the ones to blame for everything? Players/customers are supposed to be working for free to tell Devs how to do their job and what is broken?

I've played other games before. This community as a whole is toxic. PVE'ers included! If the devs fixed alot of the loopholes, it would drive those types of people elsewhere or they would adapt.

Most of the player blaming and shaming comes from broken not well thought out mechanics and understanding of the potential negatives.

It is not PVPERS job to be slaves. So funny that on one hand pvpers are "toxic" yet we're viewed of as unpaid employees on the test servers. BTW, people have mentioned broken feats before and guess who doesn't listen?

Okay so us PVP unpaid slaves also should put money into the game as well. Riiight. Do PVE'ers ever test? Or is that for us PVP slaves that should pay for everything so you guys can have the luxury to bash us at every turn and have MANY dungeons to choose from. Naturally you have mods on your side too. IF pvpers left in droves, I'd love to see how they turn the game into a cash cow from PVE. Like you'll have to put money in to run certain dungeons. Hey...that might not be such a bad idea!! PVE'ers should know what it feels like to feel compelled to put money in to play.
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    I don't mind PVPers having more toys.

I do mind that certain PVPers seem to insist that their priorities ought to dictate over all others, whether it be out of some misguided notion that "PVP is the real endgame", or whether it is because they think their money entitles them to direct content.

I also mind when PVPers insist that character powers and features ought to revolve around PVP and not about the MAIN FOCUS OF THIS GAME, which is - you guessed it - dungeons and dragons.

Just because it's not a "main" focus doesn't mean it should be neglected and all pvpers should be marginalized as usual. What part of that do PVE'ers not understand?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just because it's not a "main" focus doesn't mean it should be neglected and all pvpers should be marginalized as usual. What part of that do PVE'ers not understand?

How is it neglected? They listen to you guys above all others.

First TR nerfs -- pvp based
    GWF nerfs -- pvp based
    HR nerfs -- pvp based
    TR buffs -- pvp based
    TR stealth nerf -- pvp based
    GF nerfs -- pvp based

All they ever do is listen to you guys like favored pets.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While I am more PvE than PvP I do think it would be interesting to create a zone that was entirely PvP and popluated with NPC's and encounters and random spawns and wandering monsters. Have certain rare random spawns that can drop loot equivalent to that obtainable in dungeons and make them to a difficulty matching the dungeon (and with the increase in difficulty of getting jumped by other players). Make no zone indications when such mobs spawn and leave it entirely to running around the zone or camping spawn areas.

If you wanted to prevent guild zone trolling you could make it so that every PC not in one's group is a hostile and thus no healing from them, no revive, and the risk of crossfire damage if they try to coordinate with other groups to team up against another group. As a mostly PvE player who likes a little PvP that would interest me tremendously and it would pose that sense of risk that is missing from this game.
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    How is it neglected? They listen to you guys above all others.

First TR nerfs -- pvp based
    GWF nerfs -- pvp based
    HR nerfs -- pvp based
    TR buffs -- pvp based
    TR stealth nerf -- pvp based
    GF nerfs -- pvp based

All they ever do is listen to you guys like favored pets.

Have you noticed that there are some powers that fully function in PVE but not PVP? Example, wilds medcine was nerfed but only in pvp. I don't think it's something that cannot be done. Every single tree Rogues have is a viable pvp format. Try going in a pvp arena as Archery specced ranger.

As trapper you don't do as much dmg as you would archey for pve. Combat, little damage but tanky. So if I wanted to dps pve style, i'd have to respec.

Perma stealth shouldn't even be an option. That isn't player vs player, it's player vs. ghost.
    edited January 2015
    While I am more PvE than PvP I do think it would be interesting to create a zone that was entirely PvP and popluated with NPC's and encounters and random spawns and wandering monsters. Have certain rare random spawns that can drop loot equivalent to that obtainable in dungeons and make them to a difficulty matching the dungeon (and with the increase in difficulty of getting jumped by other players). Make no zone indications when such mobs spawn and leave it entirely to running around the zone or camping spawn areas.

If you wanted to prevent guild zone trolling you could make it so that every PC not in one's group is a hostile and thus no healing from them, no revive, and the risk of crossfire damage if they try to coordinate with other groups to team up against another group. As a mostly PvE player who likes a little PvP that would interest me tremendously and it would pose that sense of risk that is missing from this game.

You just described Icewind Dale and Dwarven Valley. Have you been there yet? If not, it's a fun place.
  • theevilskeevertheevilskeever Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2015
    Sounds like some of you PVE'ers need to look in the mirror before classifying pvpers as toxic because this is toxic behavior and downright nasty and oppressive.
    It is not PVPERS job to be slaves.
    Okay so us PVP unpaid slaves also should put money into the game as well.
    IF pvpers left in droves, I'd love to see how they turn the game into a cash cow from PVE.

By your logic, if pvpers left this game "in droves", that'll be an act of liberation. I understand that your are a bit distressed because PvP and PvP community is not the best part of the game at the moment, but "slaves"? "Oppression"? Really?