Comments

• Options
    thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    (Post Removed)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here is what I think of all this speculative talk about mod 6...

"Not everything on the internet is genuine." Abraham Lincoln

I'm the emperor of Canada -- Me

In all seriousness this happens every time a new major mod is worked on. People speculate and come up with their own doom scenario's. We all have wants and fears for this mod and these teaser announcements bring them out.
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They dont fix the most basic of issues in this game, even the simplest fixes still haven't been done on the AH how is Microsoft and Xbox going to react to a DEV that doesn't fix anything.

All they do is release more content and ZEN items (yes we all love and want these things) to keep us all happy and while very important, it's also important to circle back and actually make some things work, like some of the things in the AH that don't work, that's real basic fixes. What an hour or two of some coder's time to fix a DB query?

I love this game (probably spent over $1000 on it) and sorry for what seems like a negative post, but seriously, if this is going on the Xbox, the little things that we've all just learned to accept as glitchy may not "fly" with the console crowd.

But back on topic.... every time an MMO ups the level cap there is one thing it does... levels the playing field, a big reset button. So I highly doubt there will be "large" concessions for the players that ground their artifacts to legendary. You see... they don't want you to be legendary anymore, they want you to be mixed in with the populace in the reset button they hit.

An example: I grinded my way to High Warlord in World of Warcraft (if anyone remembers that grind), got all the big epic weapons and armor and then a month later Blizzard released their new honor system and the next weekend people had what took me months to grind for in like one weekend of work. This is the way MMOs can slap you in the face. Hence why I never EVER grind for big end-game gear in MMOs anymore. In the end you will be upset....

This change is going to (for a very short while) level the field, the "Have's" will not have, and the previous "Have Nots" will be able to happily do the same content as them without spam about "required GS of 25K zerg time" etc etc.... and this will be short lived.... the "Have Nots" will quickly fall to the same category of not having the required gear and the "Haves" will once again be spamming GS requirements for invites.... LOL

It's a temporary fix. Very temporary.

So that aside, I can't wait to see the reset. I'm not even done with all the campaigns and only 13K GS on my GWF, been playing nightly for more than my wife cares for JUST so I can try and narrow the gap between my friend from work who is 22K GS.... so for three months I still can't game with my friend. At least now I'll be able to sooner than later.
  • Options
    tonitruslipistonitruslipis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    no matter what, if they do take GS out of the game they are going to have to do some sort of ac, gs, or something they just can rely on lvl, and if it make it so that same "gear levels" go against the same level then so be it, and why would some one be pissed about something like this? no more easy prey, chance to be a "bully" etc etc. i personally fine pvp part of the game totally boring when the other team stops playing. no challenge not worth my time. as for new armor? i would like to see some new armor, some that can help other classes fight better, or the new design etc. and if you dont like the changed then dont play!!
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just FYI, mod 6 preview patch notes are up on the preview shard section. The new patch has been uploaded onto the preview server but people are having difficulty connecting at this time.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dodgo wrote: »
    first and scared that my orange artefacts will become redundant so soon?

green items were very close to legendary artifact weapons in the test I just did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    perchloricperchloric Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wonder how much of the expansion we will have to buy. Based on Drow and Dragonforged I can't expect any new races to be free. And I hope that the paladin is a free class and that you don't have to buy it as part of the expansion.
  • Options
    starboijuhelstarboijuhel Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2015
    perchloric wrote: »
    I wonder how much of the expansion we will have to buy. Based on Drow and Dragonforged I can't expect any new races to be free. And I hope that the paladin is a free class and that you don't have to buy it as part of the expansion.

i hope so to
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    perchloric wrote: »
    They've said many times that they plan for Classes to be free and while some races will be pay races, some also come with free versions. Of course, plans do change but so far, every class we've gotten has been free. In any case, I'll ask Monday to see if/when they can confirm whether they will indeed be free or not.

Human (free)
    Dwarf (free)
    Wood Elf (free)
    Tiefling (free)
    Halfling (free)
    Half-Orc (free)
    Half-Elf (free)
    Menzoberranzan Drow (paid)

Post-Release

Drow (free)
    Moon Elf (paid)
    Sun Elf (free)
    Dragonborn (paid & Zen/AD Exchange)
    Metallic Dragoborn (Locked Box/AD Exchange for 'free' Keys & Auction House)

Control Wizard (free)
    Devoted Cleric
    (free)
    Guardian Fighter
    (free)
    Trickster Rogue
    (free)
    Great Weapon Fighter
    (free)

Post-Release

Hunter Ranger
    (free)
    Scourge Warlock
    (free)
    Oathbound Paladin (unreleased)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    They've said many times that they plan for Classes to be free and while some races will be pay races, some also come with free versions. Of course, plans do change but so far, every class we've gotten has been free. In any case, I'll ask Monday to see if/when they can confirm whether they will indeed be free or not.

Human (free)
    Dwarf (free)
    Wood Elf (free)
    Tiefling (free)
    Halfling (free)
    Half-Orc (free)
    Half-Elf (free)

Post-Release

Drow (free)
    Moon Elf (paid)
    Sun Elf (free)

Control Wizard (free)
    Devoted Cleric
    (free)
    Guardian Fighter
    (free)
    Trickster Rogue
    (free)
    Great Weapon Fighter
    (free)

Post-Release

Hunter Ranger
    (free)
    Scourge Warlock
    (free)

Cool, thanks!
  • Options
    zenzeezenzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have a question for everyone on the Paladin speculation:

Why is everyone assuming that it will be a Guardian Fighter 'reskin' (as in Sword and Shield)? Why can't a tank class also use a two handed weapon? Or a healer class, for that matter?
  • Options
    blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    no matter what, if they do take GS out of the game they are going to have to do some sort of ac, gs, or something they just can rely on lvl, and if it make it so that same "gear levels" go against the same level then so be it, and why would some one be pissed about something like this? no more easy prey, chance to be a "bully" etc etc. i personally fine pvp part of the game totally boring when the other team stops playing. no challenge not worth my time. as for new armor? i would like to see some new armor, some that can help other classes fight better, or the new design etc. and if you dont like the changed then dont play!!

For what its worth I hate being stuck on the team that stops playing just because they have lost. One of the things that has really started to annoy me about this kind of player, is if the party leader is one of those poor loosers and quits he/she takes the whole party with them and and we all get slapped with a 30min NO QUE leavers ban. OR and this annoyed me to hell yesterday, I was the ONLY member of my team still fighting when the others just stopped because the other team got half way and we were only 1/4 way, thus letting the other team win, so I carried on dropping down and killing and dyeing 3 deaths to every 1 kill lol. (me being the 3 deaths) I got booted by our party leader! why? because I was "prolonging the match" so I get slapped with a 30min Que ban for leaving... I was booted! I also fail to see how I was prolonging anything since I never got close enough to a pylon. so yeah I agree the pvp part of the game is totally boring when the loosing team stops playing, and then you get slapped with a leavers bann and unable to do ANYTHING for the next 30mins making it even more BORING!

Also I do think there is FAR to much focus on GS in this game, i'm not saying GS is a bad thing, but when it blocks you from playing with friends, or you get people that will only take players with a GS of x amount it because stupid.

Now this paladin thing... all I can say to that is WTF, way do we need a Paladin Class? this should be a paragon class to the Figher classes (GWF & GF) and cleric class NOT A NEW CLASS.

Here is an Idea for you cryptic/PWE how about you bring in something called Multi class. its something DND has had since Gygax first made it. Some classes can't be used unless you have a base class where others are base classes that just mix well. For the assassin class you needed to fist be a Theif before you could pick your next path as an assassin or spell theif type thing but the over all idea is that In dnd if I wanted to be I could be a Ranger/Paladin Or a Druid/Ranger Or a Druid/Wizard Or a Wizard/warlock Or Cleric/Paladin or even.... a Wizard/fighter/Thief THIS would be more productive then brining in yet another class that is looking to be utterly pointless.
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My first thought on a lvl cap increase (besides 'yahoo!') is companions which are actually helpful to a lvl 60 won't be so much to a lvl 70. Hopefully there's some sort of lvl cap increase coming for companions as well. Even if it costs a whole lot of ad.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    gphxgphx wrote: »
    My first thought on a lvl cap increase (besides 'yahoo!') is companions which are actually helpful to a lvl 60 won't be so much to a lvl 70. Hopefully there's some sort of lvl cap increase coming for companions as well. Even if it costs a whole lot of ad.
    Indeed, they're getting 5 more ranks it seems!
    • Companions can now earn Legendary quality and gain up to rank 40 with new passive powers to unlock! Companions can all also gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality.
    While I'd rather this be 10 ranks, 5 will have to do I suppose! :)
  • Options
    wollowstonewollowstone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    green items were very close to legendary artifact weapons in the test I just did.

One of the possible advantage that we have, now, and that won't dissapear within "an instant" of game play, is that at level 60, we can "easily" get one extra "power point" when we gain a bonus for a new "virtual" level. Assuming that we will keep them even after a reset (that is, that we keep the total number of power points to allocate), which is a reasonable assumption, having been acquired at a level cap of 60 instead of at a level cap of 70, since it requires less XP at level 60 than at level 70, these power points would have been easier to get, keeping a light advantage for "veteran" over new players.

Sure, these power points allow more versatility than effectiveness. But why not trying to accomodate this versatility when you have more potentially available powers? We are now limited to which ones are active, but could have an advantage being able to switch to which ones are "activate" given a situation", but changing them requires a pause that we don't necessary have, in game play, even out of combat, while running through a dungeon... fast, fast, fast. it could be nice to allow, as in ESO, a short key for a fast switch between two "configurations" (in their case, of "powers" and of "equipment", since the equipment bonus may be of importance). Note that this is NOT about to redistribute the power points into different powers, no, no, no, it is just to re-assign to the UI which powers you want as active among those that you already have, in a fast way. A mage may so switch to a different kind of attack, given a different kind of encounter, as example. Even a ranger, having that kind of concept already built in the class, could benefit even more than other classes, by focusing a configuration max-ing a close encouter only, and another configuration max-ing a range encouter only, but with the tab key allowing a "minor" switch, while in combat mode. But that is a suggestion, not necessary appropriate in this thread of discussion.
  • Options
    dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For what its worth I hate being stuck on the team that stops playing just because they have lost. One of the things that has really started to annoy me about this kind of player, is if the party leader is one of those poor loosers and quits he/she takes the whole party with them and and we all get slapped with a 30min NO QUE leavers ban. OR and this annoyed me to hell yesterday, I was the ONLY member of my team still fighting when the others just stopped because the other team got half way and we were only 1/4 way, thus letting the other team win, so I carried on dropping down and killing and dyeing 3 deaths to every 1 kill lol. (me being the 3 deaths) I got booted by our party leader! why? because I was "prolonging the match" so I get slapped with a 30min Que ban for leaving... I was booted! I also fail to see how I was prolonging anything since I never got close enough to a pylon. so yeah I agree the pvp part of the game is totally boring when the loosing team stops playing, and then you get slapped with a leavers bann and unable to do ANYTHING for the next 30mins making it even more BORING!

Also I do think there is FAR to much focus on GS in this game, i'm not saying GS is a bad thing, but when it blocks you from playing with friends, or you get people that will only take players with a GS of x amount it because stupid.

Now this paladin thing... all I can say to that is WTF, way do we need a Paladin Class? this should be a paragon class to the Figher classes (GWF & GF) and cleric class NOT A NEW CLASS.

Here is an Idea for you cryptic/PWE how about you bring in something called Multi class. its something DND has had since Gygax first made it. Some classes can't be used unless you have a base class where others are base classes that just mix well. For the assassin class you needed to fist be a Theif before you could pick your next path as an assassin or spell theif type thing but the over all idea is that In dnd if I wanted to be I could be a Ranger/Paladin Or a Druid/Ranger Or a Druid/Wizard Or a Wizard/warlock Or Cleric/Paladin or even.... a Wizard/fighter/Thief THIS would be more productive then brining in yet another class that is looking to be utterly pointless.

Simply they cant as it would copy DDO which is still alive and running. Amazingly so but regardless they seem intent on doing Kit classes instead of a base class then trying to balance a crazy pvp system for wide variety of skill combo's by having base and advanced classes on 1 character. Far as why we need a Paladin class? Because its traditional DnD and many want it, just like barbarians and monks will follow even though mechanically they will work like the classes we have now in some ways. In the end its for DnD fans that want a more complete experience without sitting in a cold garage rolling dice.
  • Options
    umt1982umt1982 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    We’re pleased to announce the coming of Neverwinter’s biggest module to date: Elemental Evil!

Over the past year, the citizens of Neverwinter have faced a menagerie of terrifying foes from Thayan Liches to the Dragon Goddess Tiamat. Now, however, the very forces of nature conspire to bring the city to its knees! Fear not, as a new hero blessed by the gods, the Oathbound Paladin, has emerged to fight the impending threat. These righteous fighters will be able embody both the healing and tanking paradigms that have made them so popular with Dungeons & Dragons players everywhere.

For more info on the Elemental Excitement to come check out our blog:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9062673-announcing-module-6%3A-elemental-evil%21

This is in general but coincides with the latest mod (mod 6). I am concerned with the release of mod 6 and the Xbox One version. With the PC being the only platform to play this game even with a Xbox One they would still have to get on a PC to play. Now that it will be available on the Xbox One, without cross-play, how is it not a concern that the PC population will drop to the point where a lot of the time it is too low to do most dungeons, if any? Queue in general has been relatively slow as of late (since mod 5 and even more so since Tiamat became available) and even LFG at times where prior it was never a problem.

Now add in the fact the PC will lose a good amount of it's population to those who have an Xbox One. I see this game running in to the same issues other games that went to console have. I am also concerned with the fact that now your focus isn't solely for one platform but 2 now (obviously) and that will take away from one or the other (mainly the PC version). Perhaps it is just me but I would assume not. Unless of course they haven't played other games that went to console as well (DCUO for example who just announced they will be going cross-play in the near future).

Let us assume 500 people are on at one time and that it is split evenly between console and PC. With the queue the way it is now that means it will be that much slower/harder to find a group for a dungeon or PVP. With PVP you would end up playing the same people over and over again. Which would make PVP even less appealing than it is now. Facing the same 20k+ premade while others get matched up with 10-15k players (obviously the way gs is done will be changing the same concept applies).

I am not certain when the Xbox One version will be out of beta but I hope from here on out cross-play is something Cryptic is working on.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would be so excited by all of the new content and changes in mod 6 that I would be cheering if the current problems in the game were less significant. I don't need to spell them out, just look at the prevailing issues brought up in the many hundreds of threads that specify (constructively or not) what those problems are.

These problems are like inertia, like a great weight the game (gaming experience) carries with it. A burden. Attempting to move forward in new and exciting areas without fixing those problems causes the whole thing to just stand still. The wheels spin. It is stuck.

I (and I think most other players) would be overjoyed by having an entire mod devoted to nothing but fixing the most pressing problems. Then we would be able to get really excited about future mods and the game going in new directions.
  • Options
    caelumareshcaelumaresh Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ryJEEpy.png?1\

Really looking forward to this. I love elementals and Paladins :D
  • Options
    ejohnsartguyejohnsartguy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just a thought about GF and Module 6. How about some new taunt or way to hold aggro better? They would still need a Pally or DC for heals, but would be even more valuable than they are now. This added value would make up for regen becoming useless in combat (without heals) and LifeSteal being less reliable (but potentially better, we'll have to see.)

This would make a 5 man team, a tank (GF or OP), a tank support(OP or DC), and 3 dps. Rather than a field of thousands of OP and DPS. This gives more play styles than it appears OP is going to bring.

Not saying that adding some form of taunt will help, because there are too many unknowns, but it sure would help GFs stick with their toons and feel valuable as tanks.

My main is DC and I don't really have a viable alt yet. So you know isn't an "this is about making my class better" reply. And, yes, I'm relatively new to the game. Love it so far.
  • Options
    tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All i can say is i just loved gwf changes, going to play mine again as main :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »

Human (free)
    Dwarf (free)
    Wood Elf (free)
    Tiefling (free)
    Halfling (free)
    Half-Orc (free)
    Half-Elf (free)

Post-Release

Drow (free)
    Moon Elf (paid)
    Sun Elf (free)

Control Wizard (free)
    Devoted Cleric
    (free)
    Guardian Fighter
    (free)
    Trickster Rogue
    (free)
    Great Weapon Fighter
    (free)

Post-Release

Hunter Ranger
    (free)
    Scourge Warlock
    (free)

Just wondering, but is the answer to the paid/free race question going to be on the twitch this Fri, or is it still in negotiations?
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gphxgphx wrote: »
    Lol. I don't care about companions who do not help in PvP. Finally you are not good at get info if you think that 60 to 70 level is all then that is like being a Titanic that do not see all of the Iceberg... no I will not tell you what the Iceberg is since that might chance and we will see how it will be.

There are something that I do not know though... are they going to fix that PvE get finally hard and is not so EASY? People do Dungeons and they are so easy.
  • Options
    nitrejacknitrejack Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A non-paladin related question: "The very forces of nature" are rising up against Neverwinter. What, if anything, does this mean for the Hunter Ranger class, whose abilities are nature related?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nitrejack wrote: »
    A non-paladin related question: "The very forces of nature" are rising up against Neverwinter. What, if anything, does this mean for the Hunter Ranger class, whose abilities are nature related?

It's... flavor text. It won't have any specific effect on anyone's character.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Lol. I don't care about companions who do not help in PvP. Finally you are not good at get info if you think that 60 to 70 level is all then that is like being a Titanic that do not see all of the Iceberg... no I will not tell you what the Iceberg is since that might chance and we will see how it will be.

There are something that I do not know though... are they going to fix that PvE get finally hard and is not so EASY? People do Dungeons and they are so easy.

The dungeons didn't change. The power levels did. When the min gear score for a dungeon is under 10k, and your character has 18k+, then yeah, they're gonna be easy. Changing the dungeons isn't the answer, though, because that penalizes newer players who don't have obscene gear scores yet. Adding new content leveled to those higher gear scores is the answer.

Or better yet, make Foundry mobs scale both on level AND gear score, put in a decent Foundry reward system, and then let the Authors challenge your demi-god level character. Give us the tools to do so, and we'll give you a PvE challenge....
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Or better yet, make Foundry mobs scale both on level AND gear score, put in a decent Foundry reward system, and then let the Authors challenge your demi-god level character. Give us the tools to do so, and we'll give you a PvE challenge....
    THIS. Yes. Things would be so much better if the Foundry Scaling factored in Gear Score/AIL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Been looking for info on how mod 6 will effect our current level 60 fighters?
    Now after 250k experence you MAY get to power up from 60 to 61.
    250k more then 62 ect...
    If I am at 67, will I still be able to RE-level back to my current 67 with the new system or will I drop down to say 63?
    I have yet to find anything reguarding experence needed between each new level ( 60 to 70)

Also what effect , if any, will Mod 6 have on exsisting Artifact gear?
  • Options
    adirassiadirassi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Uhm, so, apparently if you use bait+switch while stealthed in the test server, you kill yourself. Is that working as intended? Because if you're just looking to screw over permastealth, that's not the way to go about it.
  • Options
    rayne468rayne468 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ı try but no answering :S ı am so bad...what can ı do... ı dont know...
This discussion has been closed.