What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Announcing Module 6: Elemental Evil

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If power creep is becoming an issue, then it would make sense to me to not introduce any level-70 gear, but instead keep the gear exactly as-is for mod 6. That way, as people level up to 70, their own stats, feats, etc. become more important instead of the gear they wear.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    If power creep is becoming an issue, then it would make sense to me to not introduce any level-70 gear, but instead keep the gear exactly as-is for mod 6. That way, as people level up to 70, their own stats, feats, etc. become more important instead of the gear they wear.

No you just reset where the DR levels are on stats so that you can give people a new carrot so the game doesn't stagnate like it has for the past two years.
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    No you just reset where the DR levels are on stats so that you can give people a new carrot so the game doesn't stagnate like it has for the past two years.

Yes, the level cap is definately about pushing out soft caps, but I wonder how much rebalancing pve in general at the end game and/or other character systems.

Will companions get more levels and/or will they get a new, even more expensive quality tier?

Will the AD refinement system be rebalanced?

Will cap on zen prices go up in ZAX?

Will enchantments get higher ranks (including weapon/armor)? Will the difficulty/cost of getting current rank enchantments (8,9,10) go down with new tiers (10, 11, 12)?

Edit: And what about professions?

I'm definitely interested in seeing what's coming--but after burning out trying to farm RP with hoard enchantments (hahaha, ya, I know) and hearing this announcement--too much is unknown for me to keep playing. I'm taking a break and converted all my AD to zen. I wish I hadn't just blew a bunch on upgrading enchantments (including finally getting a perfect vorpal). I'm seriously considering liquidating all my currently high priced enchantments and rebuying them a month or two after the new mod drops.
  • Options
    drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2015
    zomd wrote: »
    too much is unknown for me to keep playing. I'm taking a break and converted all my AD to zen. I wish I hadn't just blew a bunch on upgrading enchantments (including finally getting a perfect vorpal). I'm seriously considering liquidating all my currently high priced enchantments and rebuying them a month or two after the new mod drops.

That's indeed a very good idea. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But, why is nobody considering the implication for new character leveling? You already have an enormous amount of content unlocking at 60 that players have to trudge through to get all the boons (and maybe some gear). Imagine doing that when 60 is not the level cap.

This has certainly crossed my mind. I am curious as to how they will handle boons. Will they scale with the player? Will level 60 boons just be a dead (leveling) zone? Will people not care about level 60 boons any more?

These are all questions up in the air until they release more information. I honestly don't see them converting old level 60 content into level 70 zones, unless maybe all those zones will scale with players but then the boons would have to also. On the other hand though, what do they get for rehashing old content. People want NEW content, not a reworked old version. That's the same as to why people want to grind legendary or whatever levels of the same old dungeons that's been around forever.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    But, why is nobody considering the implication for new character leveling? You already have an enormous amount of content unlocking at 60 that players have to trudge through to get all the boons (and maybe some gear). Imagine doing that when 60 is not the level cap. Unless they scale all of those zones up to 70, you are going to have lots and lots of content unplayed. But, if they scale up the zones, they have to scale up the gear. And, that would take away the incentive for them to raise level cap. So, is this them writing off new characters and players?

I'm confident the the dev focus will be on the 1-70 player experience, not just 60-70. What will be interesting is how all the existing L60 content is handled. If it remains as is there's a lot of ways to level to 70 but the difficulty of the content could be trivialised. Although that happened with much of the 1-60 content anyway. I'm looking forward to the first iteration available on the preview server.
  • Options
    gurkgurk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Are we allowed to complain about increasing the level cap from 60 to 70? I don't like it because that would mean we spent hours and money on our artifact equipment for nothing. One of the reasons why i still play this game after one and a half year has to do with the fact that the level cap is still at 60.
  • Options
    user4035user4035 Member Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Did everyone remember to save their Ancient Mulhorand items?
    Heh, I did. Although to be honest I only kept them because they could not be salvaged.

Will there be an experience reducer? Similar to the experience boosters?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    user4035 wrote: »
    Did everyone remember to save their Ancient Mulhorand items?
    Heh, I did. Although to be honest I only kept them because they could not be salvaged.

Will there be an experience reducer? Similar to the experience boosters?
    I ALMOST used mine as refine items last week. Decided not to on a whim and keep them banked! So glad I did.
  • Options
    rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Love the idea of more challenging content. Should all dungeons be very difficult? No. Should there be some dungeons that are more difficult for those that want a challenge? Yes. This game has diverse members. There are also plenty of helpful players in this game. If you find something too challenging, sooner or later you're going to come across someone that's going to explain what to do or maybe how to better yourself.
  • Options
    berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I ALMOST used mine as refine items last week. Decided not to on a whim and keep them banked! So glad I did.

I think they will bring new equipments for level 70 cap which will make all of us to go dungeons again. Mulhorand equipments don't have good stats, you can use them for short period of time only.

But the problem is we all trying to upgrade our artifact weapons and equipments with giving lots of effort and time. If new equipments come with level 70 cap(new t3 items maybe). What are we going to do? :/
  • Options
    morrison878morrison878 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I dont see any problem with it you should play wow when only new clases starts at closer levels to the cap like death knight and about the gear in wow and other games all expansions you have to farm grind and craft all gear back. This is a normal problem with a level system games. Ultima online dont have this problem no levels only skills so new content you make with same stats. But level system game limitations are this new levels new gears new characters more things to do more hard reach old players and new massive farms for recover higher stats till next content update when you have to start again.

But hey i prefer refarm gear make more levels and get more content than what is happening with champions online the other cryptic game. Which have almost same content from 2009 except some ugly boring and constant alert system.

Also who said about reconverted system. Wow reconverts his gaming system each expansion and there is still.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just have one question, when is the release date?

No official word on release date yet but the best guess is that it will be around the same time as the tabletop D&D module release which I think is early April. That would fit with the sort of timing we've seen on previous module announcements. But it is only a guess right now.

Certainly plenty of time for the baying mob to talk down all the changes and declare the end of the world and/or game..... again. ;p
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Lol. ^^

The problem, as far as I'm concerned, is not about "the end of the game". It's about "do I keep putting money in this game if this money just vanishes without compensation for me ?".

When you put money into something, you are looking for two posisble things :
    - immediate pleasure (skiing down a slope, having a beer...)
    - getting something relatively persistant that you can enjoy for a long enough time (a book, a computer...)

Let's be honest, the "immediate pleasure" is a bit disapointing in this MMO (and others I have tried).
    Doing the same things over and over for weeks and months is barely a pleasure. There are some good moments, like the first 3 times you confront Tiamat, and then there are the 97 other times you confront her... I can't even go back to Sharandar without getting a huge feeling of repetitive boredom. A bit like with my ex-wife... but I digress.
    The Foundry has some great gems of storytelling, but they are hidden among a mass of exploit-based stuff.

So, another pleasure is to build a character you like. This includes his style, appearance, companions, housing (when available), but also power level.
    Building this kind of character takes a lot of money or a huge lot of time. As said above, it is not always pleasing time. The word "grinding" is hardly evocative of some pleasurable activity.

The problem, in this game, is that it costs A LOT (whether in time or money, that's basically the same thing. Time is money after all).
    I wouldn't be concerned if I had spent a small sum to get this character. I could always spend another small sum to upgrade it.
    But I spent a lot of time and money on it. The key word here is "a lot". (ok, that's two words, sue me).
    And I'm NOT spending AGAIN "A LOT" of money, for something that will be obsolete AGAIN in an undisclosed period of time.

There's a balance to be reached between the investment you make into something, and the pleasure you get from it (expressed in terms of intensity and duration).

As far as I'm concerned, the point of balance (the point where I'd decide to keep investing in my character and in this game) would be something along these lines :
    - more storyline content. I'm here to discover a world and to live adventures through a proxy, not to be a virtual dog that plays fetch and kill.
    - keep the artifacts. They are rated lvl 100, so I expect them to last untill cap level reaches 100
    - allow artifact gear to be refined further to upper levels. New artifact gear
    - make new gear and new sets available for farming that are more powerful than the ones we have now (T4 or even T1 for some classes), but less powerful than artifact gear (and a farming with a decent chance of getting them, not like the Legendary Ilyanbruen of the Black Ice gloves... something you are sure to get after farming a content 20 times, not 1000)
    - don't make the existing gems get over level 10 (the cost is already huge), but rather make new gems with better stats
    - allow for further progression of companions to legendary with a reasonable cost (because they are not very useful, so people won't spend a huge amout of money to make them legendary)
    - add more colours to the available individual inks you can put on a clothing set (I need white and icy blue), and personal housing for people not in guilds (but these are just very personal requests of mine)

Of course, I'm aware that this is only my opinion. But since my decision of spending is only personal, my opinion is the only one I'll defer to in this instance.
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would like to pick a look and stick with it and not have to transmute my weapon and armor with every new better one I find that looks like 10000 others. Give us an option to stick with a current style or look as the cost is insane at low levels some times, as I hate to transmute. To keep an axe for my dwarf I had to keep using the old one till I got enough to transform it which really sucked, I so played other characters and transferred diamonds till I had enough to do it. More style options and weapon options on drops would be good to and some cheaper lower stuff too.
  • Options
    morrison878morrison878 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol. ^^

The problem, as far as I'm concerned, is not about "the end of the game". It's about "do I keep putting money in this game if this money just vanishes without compensation for me ?".

- getting something relatively persistant that you can enjoy for a long enough time (a book, a computer...)

Let's be honest, the "immediate pleasure" is a bit disapointing in this MMO (and others I have tried).
    Doing the same things over and over for weeks and months is barely a pleasure. There are some good moments, like the first 3 times you confront Tiamat, and then there are the 97 other times you confront her... I can't even go back to Sharandar without getting a huge feeling of repetitive boredom. A bit like with my ex-wife... but I digress.
    The Foundry has some great gems of storytelling, but they are hidden among a mass of exploit-based stuff.

So, another pleasure is to build a character you like. This includes his style, appearance, companions, housing (when available), but also power level.
    Building this kind of character takes a lot of money or a huge lot of time. As said above, it is not always pleasing time. The word "grinding" is hardly evocative of some pleasurable activity.

The problem, in this game, is that it costs A LOT (whether in time or money, that's basically the same thing. Time is money after all).
    I wouldn't be concerned if I had spent a small sum to get this character. I could always spend another small sum to upgrade it.
    But I spent a lot of time and money on it. The key word here is "a lot". (ok, that's two words, sue me).
    And I'm NOT spending AGAIN "A LOT" of money, for something that will be obsolete AGAIN in an undisclosed period of time.

There's a balance to be reached between the investment you make into something, and the pleasure you get from it (expressed in terms of intensity and duration).

As far as I'm concerned, the point of balance (the point where I'd decide to keep investing in my character and in this game) would be something along these lines :
    - more storyline content. I'm here to discover a world and to live adventures through a proxy, not to be a virtual dog that plays fetch and kill.
    - keep the artifacts. They are rated lvl 100, so I expect them to last untill cap level reaches 100
    - allow artifact gear to be refined further to upper levels. New artifact gear
    - make new gear and new sets available for farming that are more powerful than the ones we have now (T4 or even T1 for some classes), but less powerful than artifact gear (and a farming with a decent chance of getting them, not like the Legendary Ilyanbruen of the Black Ice gloves... something you are sure to get after farming a content 20 times, not 1000)
    - don't make the existing gems get over level 10 (the cost is already huge), but rather make new gems with better stats
    - allow for further progression of companions to legendary with a reasonable cost (because they are not very useful, so people won't spend a huge amout of money to make them legendary)
    - add more colours to the available individual inks you can put on a clothing set (I need white and icy blue), and personal housing for people not in guilds (but these are just very personal requests of mine)

Of course, I'm aware that this is only my opinion. But since my decision of spending is only personal, my opinion is the only one I'll defer to in this instance.

Nice opinion like all them. But you pay for the game right? Check other cryptic games usually they do big updates just till they start a new game after it. They become and sorry for the word lazy very lazy. Champions online is the best example of how they do the things. They created therakiel temple last big dungeon with 5 or 6 bosses in 2009. They did a last big update introducing alerts (combats of 2-7 mins vs a mob you killed in story line around 200 times) Repetable till puke. And after it they just add more alerts and more lockboxes. Most of players left also when most of them got a lifetime accounts. So game almost dead of players.

Yes i know you will tell me if people dont pay no content but if no content people dont pay. I think the problem is that finally company wont invest money in game and people stops doing it too. Result dead game, poor content and boreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

For the moment they are doing content in neverwinter instead just take down their work getting angry for gear or for time invested in game. Get fun and pray for neverwinter dont become champions online. And remember champions online was a paper rpg game too.
  • Options
    nevervisitnevervisit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hehe, this thread is fun to read. Especially since, every single post about anything is just player speculation. Then people getting all angry and upset over speculation instead of fact :D
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nevervisit wrote: »
    Hehe, this thread is fun to read. Especially since, every single post about anything is just player speculation. Then people getting all angry and upset over speculation instead of fact :D

Lol that is so true and I am sad to say, that I, also, am guilty of this :p
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    nevervisit wrote: »

That's very true, and here is why people are posting :
    Developpers have shown in the past that they read the forums. Sometimes, they do take what is said here into consideration.
    So it's better to tell them NOW how we feel about some options they may have.
    Because, when they have made the decisions and the official announcements go out, we will have facts, but it will be too late to amend anything.
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like speculation ^^

Artifact gear upgrade to 70. I would really prefer to loosing it all... let´s see what happens. And I´m really really curious about how we get the playground for reaching level 70 .. and playing with it... upgrading the dungeons really seems the logical next step. If not there will be a lot of new content... perhaps (if not...ouch)...
    A dungeon-based campaign. First visit the site (Hommlet), then explore the temple layer by layer, the elemental nodes and finally Zuggtmoy chamber... step by step. Each about 10 times ^^ Or the layers are a sort of daily-map like Sharandar in underground and only look like a dungeon... So we get the new dungeon step-by-step. Perhaps this is the new style NWO will work in the future...

//Bellistor
  • Options
    skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I dont understand what people are complaining about, if you have tried other free to play games you know that Neverwinter is a diamond, their events are epic with tons of action, there's always something to do.
    Neverwinter is one of the best, if not the best, free to play game. :D
  • Options
    shyntershynter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol. ^^

*Snip*Lotsatext*snip*

I'm... not quite sure what you want here. You finish reading books and go on to buy another (thus entertainment is continued), computers need to be upgraded/repaired/replaced (distressingly often T_T)

Do you want the game to stall here? For Tiamit to be the final 'thing'? (It would be a decent swansong, slaying the evil dragon goddess)

Not being snippy, it's a serious question. Even if they didn't bump the level cap and they released new things, you'd still have to upgrade things. Probably still want to get upgrades otherwise there would be absolutely no reason to play, not even grinding.

Is the problem too much of a gap between where you are and where you theorize 70 will be? Are you afraid of losing your spot amongst the 'elite' top GS peeps? (Again not a shot, serious question. I understand the enjoyment of being at the top and showing it off).
  • Options
    berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    -Wish there are random different quests than same dailty quests.

-Wish there are events everyday. For example on monday refining gives 2x more rp. On tuesday drop rate of enchants is 10% more. On wednesday salvaging epic items give %3 more AD. On thursday foundries give 10% more xp, on friday gold drop rate increases 3%. On weekends all prices of general goods like health potions sell for 50% less gold.

-If player active enough like playing min 5 hours per day, those players should be awarded with 50k AD at the end of seventh day.

I want to see some more enjoyful changes than new items, new classes etc.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Moderator Notice:

Okay, let's drop the discussion on who one feels is an exploiter or not. Discussing bad behavior on the forums is not generally allowed and has now growing into dissent and arguments in here, deterring from the main topic. Please just report bad behavior through Support, or if forum related - through the Post Report Feature - and if you wish to continue such discussions, do so via Private Message with each other. Further responses on the aforementioned will be removed and considered for violations. Thanks!

Please don't reply to this moderator notice. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss such.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    shynter wrote: »
    I'm... not quite sure what you want here. You finish reading books and go on to buy another (thus entertainment is continued), computers need to be upgraded/repaired/replaced (distressingly often T_T)

Do you want the game to stall here? For Tiamit to be the final 'thing'? (It would be a decent swansong, slaying the evil dragon goddess)

Not being snippy, it's a serious question. Even if they didn't bump the level cap and they released new things, you'd still have to upgrade things. Probably still want to get upgrades otherwise there would be absolutely no reason to play, not even grinding.

Is the problem too much of a gap between where you are and where you theorize 70 will be? Are you afraid of losing your spot amongst the 'elite' top GS peeps? (Again not a shot, serious question. I understand the enjoyment of being at the top and showing it off).

As for the books, cars, computers, I agree everything is lasting for a time and needs to be replaced / repaired / upgraded.
    To put things in mathematical terms, draw a graph of the intenstity of pleasure you get by the time you get this pleasure. This gives you a surface under the curve. This surface is the amount of pleasure generated. This surface is to be compared to the resources (time and/or money) you spent to get it. The higher the pleasure / ressources ratio, the better.

As for this game, I don't wish it to stall, far from it. And I don't mind being called "elite" because I know I suck as a player. I don't spend enough time in game to have real skills. My pleasure is just building the character step by step to be the best I can afford.
    It allows me to have a goal, and also to pull my weight in groups, to compensate for my lack of skills.

The problem is that several people called for a total blank slate, removing everything that was existing before, and expecting to drop blues anywhere that would totally overpower the oranges that were so costly to obtain.
    We are not talking about ranks in some kind of Top charts, or about some ego trip. I'm talking about LOTS of money sent down the drain in just one move.
    I feel that'd be too fast. It would just send the message that it is useless to spend money on this game. It's not that I wouldn't play the game anymore, as long as there is new content, but I'd stop spending money on it because the surface under the curve would be too small (not enough pleasure intensity because of repetitive dailies, not enough time to achieve something on the long run).

I'm not advocating for a stall. I'm all for new content, especially story driven content.
    But this new content shouldn't make a clean slate and ruin every investment that has been made before.
    I'm advocating progressive additions to the content, keeping the importance of orange stuff which has been so costly to obtain, boosting the companions that have been so costly to obtain too, and give a progressive way for grinders to cactch up by giving them new gear that is better than the old and still not quite on par with orange at first, progressively bridging the gap.
    To sum up : I'm more for a progressive change than for a drastic revolution.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As for the books, cars, computers, I agree everything is lasting for a time and needs to be replaced / repaired / upgraded.
    To put things in mathematical terms, draw a graph of the intenstity of pleasure you get by the time you get this pleasure. This gives you a surface under the curve. This surface is the amount of pleasure generated. This surface is to be compared to the resources (time and/or money) you spent to get it. The higher the pleasure / ressources ratio, the better.

As for this game, I don't wish it to stall, far from it. And I don't mind being called "elite" because I know I suck as a player. I don't spend enough time in game to have real skills. My pleasure is just building the character step by step to be the best I can afford.
    It allows me to have a goal, and also to pull my weight in groups, to compensate for my lack of skills.

The problem is that several people called for a total blank slate, removing everything that was existing before, and expecting to drop blues anywhere that would totally overpower the oranges that were so costly to obtain.
    We are not talking about ranks in some kind of Top charts, or about some ego trip. I'm talking about LOTS of money sent down the drain in just one move.
    I feel that'd be too fast. It would just send the message that it is useless to spend money on this game. It's not that I wouldn't play the game anymore, as long as there is new content, but I'd stop spending money on it because the surface under the curve would be too small (not enough pleasure intensity because of repetitive dailies, not enough time to achieve something on the long run).

I'm not advocating for a stall. I'm all for new content, especially story driven content.
    But this new content shouldn't make a clean slate and ruin every investment that has been made before.
    I'm advocating progressive additions to the content, keeping the importance of orange stuff which has been so costly to obtain, boosting the companions that have been so costly to obtain too, and give a progressive way for grinders to cactch up by giving them new gear that is better than the old and still not quite on par with orange at first, progressively bridging the gap.
    To sum up : I'm more for a progressive change than for a drastic revolution.

Understandable, but also understand that the rp system for gear was one of the worst changes with how you could directly buy rp and thus power. It's the main reason I don't spend a dime anymore. Wiping the board clear of all of it and not introducing more artifact gear is the only way they could convince me to possibly spend real money again.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    shynter wrote: »

For me at least the problem with the idea of having to get new gear is the rng gated process of obtaining it that is all too common in Neverwinter. Getting gear in itself is a fun part of character progression but it loses appeal when you have to run the exact same piece of content over and over hoping for a drop.

Bear in mind that I'm only a casual hack, I have no legendary artifact stuff, I dont' chase BiS, I've never had the problem with end game gear in any other MMO since I've never reached the level cap before. It's a catch-22, I want to progress my characters, that's why I play rpgs, I just don't want it to take multiple months per character, trial and error via rng or running single content repeatedly to do so. This is all new to me though, it may be standard operating procedure for MMOs. End game MMO stuff may just not be for me, which is fine.

It's going to be interesting to see how things play out.
    charononus wrote: »
    Understandable, but also understand that the rp system for gear was one of the worst changes with how you could directly buy rp and thus power. It's the main reason I don't spend a dime anymore. Wiping the board clear of all of it and not introducing more artifact gear is the only way they could convince me to possibly spend real money again.

It was probably a good cash cow too though. I don't see it going away unless it can be replaced by something equal or better at generating revenue.
  • Options
    trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep, let's give him the most generic and boring loadout possible.

And the GF has probably the most varied weapon skins out of all the classes, aside from the various swords you have maces, hammers, spears, axes, shovels...

I'd suggest you stop talking for other people.

Unless you are a totally unaware and unpolite person as you cleary demonstrate that you ARE, the evidence by the picture is quite clear. The paladin totally looks and evokes the class from Diablo III. It is obvious, it is not a matter of opinion. It is a FACT. You probably dont know the difference between fact and opinion but while one is open to discussion the other is not. It is clear that cryptic, at least so far based on that release picture, decided to take Diablo III expansion as "inspiration" (huge manga-like shield and huge mace). Nothing wrong with that (thats how you capitalize publicity/interest too). So yeah, I can speak for everyone that have played/know that game that both arts are pretty similar visually.
    You should stop jumping in conversation and taking your opinions as facts and provoking people for nothing.

About the sword, yeah, again its pretty clear for us old timers that paladins should have sword(s) at his disposal. Its the classic D&D loadout for them. That is pure paladin classic since the 80s. Boring for you? Too bad. I do hope they add more weapons too so we can change the visuals/looks and customize it. But we should have swords too.
  • Options
    thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    (Post Removed)
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here is what I think of all this speculative talk about mod 6...

"Not everything on the internet is genuine." Abraham Lincoln
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

This discussion has been closed.