Install Arc
Options

Announcing Module 6: Elemental Evil

12346»

Comments

• Options
    kayrow86kayrow86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm kinda sad about the new levels... since u need to earn all the epic gear back...
  • Options
    wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Whining here...

I'm a bit worried about the Leadership profession...
    Seems to take forever to get to level 20... 25, really?
    Especially with "Collect Taxes" being one of the the better time/return, non-rare task for 80xp after "Destroy Enemy Camp" (which now looks like it will be 16hrs instead of 12).
    Yes, you can get 4K AD at level 25, my guess is sometime in the year 2020.

OK, I'm done.
    This is a great game, I spend WAY too much time playing instead of stuff I should be doing :)
  • Options
    wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    I guess Ironzerg79 made the math on your 'problem' with leveling leadership to 25. It doesn't take that long, it was something around 50 days.
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    6 slots, the best thing to do is Tactical Training (160 EXP and War Games 240 EXP) for 2400 EXP a day for level 20-21. That's roughly 17 days to 21. At 21, I unlock the 500 EXP task. So now I'm making 500 exp +240 exp 3 times, twice a day, or 4,440. Level 25 is another 160k exp away. 36 days. Total of 53 days and I'm at 25.

At 25 I can do 2000 x 3 and 1600 x 3 (ignore the tasks that give me an RP bag, to keep it simple). That's 10,800 a day times 2 or 21,600/day.

This requires all income (on at least 6 slots) to be ignored for the period. Not what I have been doing... but... gives me something to think about. I do have enough "idle" toons to do this with. Another note to anyone interested is; I do "Patrol Mines" for 120xp in 4 hours instead of War Games for 240xp in 8hours. It gives you the added mining claim in the same amount of time but you need to be available to start it twice as often.

Thanks for the heads up. Took a while to find but it looks like Ironzerg79 has a lot of good info on the boards.
  • Options
    khaymanbb1023khaymanbb1023 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    SOOOOOO not happy about the news of the delay of Module 6. Guys, I want to let you know, my wife and I are having our 2nd child on APRIL 7TH!!! I won't be able to log in and play on that day fella's! How would it look if my wife is grunting to deliver, and I'm over in the corner logged in with my Hunter Ranger and whooping up on some fire elemental? I mean, my wife is 40 years old, sure that's kinda old to have a baby, but we've been trying so long we just gave up, then viola, preggo. I've been looking forward to this for so long, and knowing I won't be able to play the day it comes out is very hard, but I have to do what I have to do. Hopefully it's up and going smoothly for everyone, and I'll try and start back again on the 8th (hopefully for her sake).....
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can't say that I am surprised by the delay. The lacklustre approach to the OP demands the extra time now given, I just hope that that it used wisely. My problem now is that the delay coincides with the next STO update, so may the better team win. Whoever that is.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Am I imagining things or did the release date just get pushed back 3 weeks? I thought it was going to be the 17th of this month.
  • Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yeah she would be pretty pissed off dude. Take care of the wife and newborn.
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Who wants to put money on those well known characters being Drizzt and company? Anyone? You know they're coming...

*prays to Lolth they'll be killable*
  • Options
    asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The change from GS to Item Score is going to be a joke, most will only see a drop of 2 to 3k with the change which does not bode well for those of like my self who are frustrated with the tiamat grind and the easy access to people who have no *F* clue and the fact that in mod six we will have to continue to grind linues for new cloaks and current boons!

Tiamat was called a 25 man raid and arguably Cryptics biggest blunder yet! I have two toons that have progressed as far as they can now and refuse to enter tiamat for the last two boons because the bulk of people I see in there have any of the fallowing or all of them going on No weapon enchant No soulforge or negation and only the whole realms cat artifact. I wish they would take that artifact out of the game completely IMO!

I'd like them to spend the next couple weeks coming up with a way to make it so you can Q in with friends and actuary put a gear requirement for the ENCOUNTER or give us a token like shar and dread wing that allows us to skip the whole blood bul**** all together I'd honestly pay 50$ to not have to enter it ever again on my toons
  • Options
    varakethvaraketh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One thing I'm NOT happy about with the new module is the fact that the "Leveling Dungeons"–The Cloak Tower and Cragmire Crypts to name two–are going be cut from a five person team to a three person team. I know that it may mean less wait time in the queue, but what worries me is the fact that there is going to be more emphasis on teamwork. I've been playing Neverwinter for a little over a year, and in almost every dungeon I go into there's always that one idiot who runs ahead of the entire team and brings back a horde of monsters for the party to take care of and hardly does anything to eliminate them after they have brought them to our location.

I was happy with the five person set up in dungeons because then you had what I call the "Classic Party Makeup", meaning that you had three Damage Dealers, a Tank and your Healer. That made the dungeon quite easy to do; because your Tank kept the enemies busy while your Damage Dealers did their thing and then, if needed, your Healer was there to heal any wounds you or your other party members may have suffered. Now with this new three person set up you're going to be much weaker when you run a dungeon because you may be without a Tank or–worst case scenario–without a Healer.

Say, for example, you have three the Guardian Fighters going into a dungeon; now I know the odds of that are probably one in a million, but it could happen. If you have that kind of setup then the dungeon is going to take a very long time because Tanks are specifically made to draw in the enemies, keep aggro, and allow the damage dealers to do what they do best…kill enemies. They do have a few damage dealing capabilities but their strength lies in the aforementioned reasons. Or, say you have three damage dealers in a party. The run might not take very long, but during and after every fight–especially a Mini-Boss fight–you're going to spend time drinking potions and trying to heal up to make sure you don't have a party wipe.

I wish that Cryptic would have left dungeons the way they were with the five person team because it made dungeon runs, as I said, much easier. If you have the aforementioned "idiot" in your party then no matter how much damage you deal, if you're overwhelmed with enemies, you and your other party members are going to die. True, you might have AI controlled companions that heal you or act as a low rate Tank, but nothing can compare to an actual living, breathing person, who knows what they're doing in their specific role focusing on what their class was made to do.

Another flaw I see in this three-person party system is this: When you go against the main Boss in any dungeon there are going to be additional enemies coming in to try and stop you. Let's say, for a moment, that you have a Tank, a Damage Dealer and a Healer; the Tank is going to be overwhelmed with enemies, the Damage Dealer is going to have a very hard time trying to kill them all and the Healer will be overtaxed in trying to keep both the Tank and the Damage Dealer alive.

Now I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill in this. It is entirely possible that since Cryptic is implementing this new three person party system that they are going to cut down on the number of and the health of enemies in the dungeon itself and the number of additional enemies that will come in to aid the Boss. If that is the case then maybe, just maybe, the three person party system will work. If not…then I think I'm probably going to stop playing Neverwinter because as I said, almost every time I ran a dungeon for the last year I've been playing this game, there is always that one idiot that brings back a horde of monsters that even a five person party has a hard time dealing with.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens when the new module comes out.
    He is Death Incarnate. He will never eat, he will never sleep, he will never stop.
  • Options
    sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    varaketh wrote: »
    One thing I'm NOT happy about with the new module is the fact that the "Leveling Dungeons"–The Cloak Tower and Cragmire Crypts to name two–are going be cut from a five person team to a three person team. I know that it may mean less wait time in the queue, but what worries me is the fact that there is going to be more emphasis on teamwork. I've been playing Neverwinter for a little over a year, and in almost every dungeon I go into there's always that one idiot who runs ahead of the entire team and brings back a horde of monsters for the party to take care of and hardly does anything to eliminate them after they have brought them to our location.

I was happy with the five person set up in dungeons because then you had what I call the "Classic Party Makeup", meaning that you had three Damage Dealers, a Tank and your Healer. That made the dungeon quite easy to do; because your Tank kept the enemies busy while your Damage Dealers did their thing and then, if needed, your Healer was there to heal any wounds you or your other party members may have suffered. Now with this new three person set up you're going to be much weaker when you run a dungeon because you may be without a Tank or–worst case scenario–without a Healer.

Say, for example, you have three the Guardian Fighters going into a dungeon; now I know the odds of that are probably one in a million, but it could happen. If you have that kind of setup then the dungeon is going to take a very long time because Tanks are specifically made to draw in the enemies, keep aggro, and allow the damage dealers to do what they do best…kill enemies. They do have a few damage dealing capabilities but their strength lies in the aforementioned reasons. Or, say you have three damage dealers in a party. The run might not take very long, but during and after every fight–especially a Mini-Boss fight–you're going to spend time drinking potions and trying to heal up to make sure you don't have a party wipe.

I wish that Cryptic would have left dungeons the way they were with the five person team because it made dungeon runs, as I said, much easier. If you have the aforementioned "idiot" in your party then no matter how much damage you deal, if you're overwhelmed with enemies, you and your other party members are going to die. True, you might have AI controlled companions that heal you or act as a low rate Tank, but nothing can compare to an actual living, breathing person, who knows what they're doing in their specific role focusing on what their class was made to do.

Another flaw I see in this three-person party system is this: When you go against the main Boss in any dungeon there are going to be additional enemies coming in to try and stop you. Let's say, for a moment, that you have a Tank, a Damage Dealer and a Healer; the Tank is going to be overwhelmed with enemies, the Damage Dealer is going to have a very hard time trying to kill them all and the Healer will be overtaxed in trying to keep both the Tank and the Damage Dealer alive.

Now I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill in this. It is entirely possible that since Cryptic is implementing this new three person party system that they are going to cut down on the number of and the health of enemies in the dungeon itself and the number of additional enemies that will come in to aid the Boss. If that is the case then maybe, just maybe, the three person party system will work. If not…then I think I'm probably going to stop playing Neverwinter because as I said, almost every time I ran a dungeon for the last year I've been playing this game, there is always that one idiot that brings back a horde of monsters that even a five person party has a hard time dealing with.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens when the new module comes out.

Man, please read patch notes.

There will be a 100% set up in queue that will put Tank Healer and 1 DPS in party. So entering 3 man run dungeons will be a quick start with that kinda party gathering system.

Running 3 man dungeon is no big deal. If DC has some debuffs and tank have sth for aoe or single target damage + any dps can perform good if they know what their class is up to while dungeon run.
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    @sokolnichiy
    Wouldn't that actually //increase// delays? I mean it feels to me like gathering a 5 person team of random composition is easier than getting a DC a GF and someone else in there. And like, it's not that oddball teams can't crawl through said dungeons - neither is particularly difficult.
  • Options
    varakethvaraketh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    @sokolnichiy. What vaelynx said is true. That's one contingency I didn't account for. If you have to wait for the perfect set up: GF, DC and damage dealer--with the right levels and powers--then it can increase the wait times/delays in getting a party together. Also you take on The Cloak Tower at a rather early level, before GF's and DC's get a lot of their much needed powers. I'm not saying that going through and beating The CT would be impossible, but it would not be as easy as if you had five person team. Also, as you go though the game the dungeons get bigger and tougher...you might have all the right powers, but if you get a bad pull, you and you party members may be royally screwed. I liked the five person team and I wish Cryptic left well enough alone as it related to the dungeon/party system. It seems like they have to always try and "fix" what DOESN'T need fixing.
    He is Death Incarnate. He will never eat, he will never sleep, he will never stop.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    varaketh wrote: »
    @sokolnichiy. What vaelynx said is true. That's one contingency I didn't account for. If you have to wait for the perfect set up: GF, DC and damage dealer--with the right levels and powers--then it can increase the wait times/delays in getting a party together. Also you take on The Cloak Tower at a rather early level, before GF's and DC's get a lot of their much needed powers. I'm not saying that going through and beating The CT would be impossible, but it would not be as easy as if you had five person team. Also, as you go though the game the dungeons get bigger and tougher...you might have all the right powers, but if you get a bad pull, you and you party members may be royally screwed. I liked the five person team and I wish Cryptic left well enough alone as it related to the dungeon/party system. It seems like they have to always try and "fix" what DOESN'T need fixing.

Kk let's get to the point.

3 men run: Tank - Healer - Dps

Tanks in module 6 - GF/GWF/OP
    Healer (Better say Support) - DC/OP/HR/SW(not sure cause mechanic of heals can be ruined due to lifesteal changes)
    DPS - GWF/CW/HR/TR/SW

So i can see no real problem finding group if new LFG system counts characters that way.
  • Options
    nickybarlow1nickybarlow1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What is gonna be the required gearscore for the new areas?
  • Options
    edited March 2015

There is no GS anymore. Instead we have GR and the lowest welcome is 1600 if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015

The GR required so far is 1600 and 2000 and Level 70. Not all dungeon have been posted yet. Most of the current epic geared players will fall short of the 2k requirement. Only one of my toons started over 2k with having a couple legendary artifacts and high ranking enchantments. Just wearing the new gear won from the quests you will undertake can push you over or close to the 2k mark. So no need to panic. Paladins on the other hand will have to work fast in order to join everybody in the dungeons.
  • Options
    metalturbometalturbo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    is this module means rise of tiamat ends ? or is it part of the expansion
  • Options
    massimo40massimo40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So... I'm a Hero of the North founder... Will there be a new Delzoun box or?... We shafted now that there's a new max level or...?
This discussion has been closed.