test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

kilden1234kilden1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 42
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Huge Lag plus Encounter broke, Priests would not use their spell after rechargeing 2nd time so encounter bugged...
All in all a very poor experience. :(

edit: the door to exit the temple is very badly made aswell.
Post edited by kilden1234 on

Comments

• Options
    indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What do you think about the game client error over and over again, i cant even stay in the game for 3 seconds
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kilden1234 wrote: »
    Huge Lag plus Encounter broke, Priests would not use their spell after rechargeing 2nd time so encounter bugged...
    All in all a very poor experience. :(

edit: the door to exit the temple is very badly made aswell.

You were expecting a polished and finished encounter? It is not like they took an extra 20 days after the module release to get this encounter polished up right?
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even with the lag, finally a worth while Raid that is hard and fun to do, not going to be easy. It will take team work and communication to finish it. Overall a good exp.

Now the question is when is the next tiamat??? Any info
  • Options
    kilden1234kilden1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 42
    edited December 2014
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    Even with the lag, finally a worth while Raid that is hard and fun to do, not going to be easy to finish if there. Overall a good exp.

Cant really finish it if the enoucnter bugs in them middle of the fight now can we?
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What a mess.

I want to go in with a group not go in with a group and get randomly assigned 19 window licking idiots. I have a friends list and a guild to avoid exactly this situation.

Its so laggy. Glad you took that 2 weeks to do nothing. People dcing all over the place. Long pauses for everyone where they look at the magic statues.

You obviously didnt do enough to explain about the breath immunity tools. 15 dead clowns all pressing shift 1 in front of the red dragon head. gg.

And even if it worked its a dressed up HE. Nobody likes HEs, they grind them because they want stuff or because they're bored.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    The only thing that got me annoyed is that about 80% of the red areas in the ground are misleading or inexistent.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh that was lag? I thought it was a flashback. Got into the instance and everything turned into a discordant stream of sounds and colors through which I was moving in a jerky dissosociated manner. Like really bad brown blotter really. But seriously how are we supposed to form a plan when we can barely see/ move?
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Like chickens running around with their heads cut off...lol need group que.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You obviously didnt do enough to explain about the breath immunity tools.
    Yep, reading is too hard.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yes I'm sure the people in the fastish based action sequence will take the time to read. ****
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    well I did it and it didnt bug and it was still a cluster F you get a bunch of random yahoos(since you cant group up until you are inside) and you get 15 on one head and 10 on another. I was on the white head by myself the whole fight and watched the blue head die 2 times.
    you cant co-ordinate a nerd herd it just aint happening. Its a great idea for a fight on paper but in an MMO just not very feasable
  • Options
    danny199142danny199142 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WTB more than 5man parties for Tiamat like a 25man raid party
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I had no Laggs, no FPS drop (only at the beginning some missing textures that reloaded quickly) and i think no bug (in the last 20 Seconds the clerics didn't pushed Tiamat back, but i personally think it was because to change to the next phase had take too long).
    Only dislike was that i got seperated with my guildmates, my group got split and we were in 5 different instances, it definitely needs some kind of queue system.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    maxibestmaxibest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited December 2014
    The whole encounter sucked. I was expecting confusion and lack of organization, but it was me and another guy on one head the entire time, and most of the group was killing the same head.

Pretty stupid. Just make it 5 different parties so we can at least communicate a group of people, and give a tracker for each head. Then the people will know what to do.

The whole contribute quest is pretty shady as well, it doesnt clearly state the rewards for contributing, or what im contributing for.
  • Options
    theevilneedletheevilneedle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What a super fail. 40 guild members tried to get in one instance. and only 7 made it in the same instance. Tiamat is so easy. I had full life all the time and he died very quick. The only difficulty is to get your friends in one instance. What a bad implementation: a raid without your friends.... only the luck what kind of random people you get decides between victory or defeat. what a bad bad and stupid implementation... FAIL
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The very flaw of this raid inst the lag (which I dont have), but the population in every instance. I dont know the exact numbers, but it should be limited to 25. I dont see the Devs introducing a queue system for this, so I believe with this limit, it would be easier to form proper and maybe more organized teams and turning it into a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    The first run through Tiamat was a disaster.

The encounter content itself was fun and challenging, but the complete lack of coordination among the teams made things very... frustrating.

To make matters worse, my party (of guild members) was put into multiple instances. We were on TeamSpeak all ready to coordinate, but were split up.

We had other guild parties up at the same time. There's currently no mechanism for us to get the same instance.

My suspicion is that people will say "Tiamat is too hard", and the content will be nerfed. Please don't do that. Some things in the game should represent a significant challenge... something that must be worked for. Something that benefits players that become part of a community to face the challenge (e.g. guild), and learn.

"I'm going to attack a god, let me gather 24 strangers and journey to the gates of hell..."

Please consider:

- Ensuring a party stays together.
    - Allowing multiple allied parties to enter together.

@TripsOfThrymr
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Heck I didn't even know there was a Tiamat event! LOL! Thanks for the warnings!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually some type of raid system was asked for when this was initially tested. It would make sense you want to be on TS and coordinate since typing in an action mmo is inefficient.

Hopefully they change the content and make it easier.

I wonder why this isn't a Queue'able instance also. Even if you can only queue from WoD
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even if implimented the lag on the instance is so bad as to make it unplayable. I spammed AOEs and managed to pull #4 for my instance but I honestly could not tell what I was shooting at most of the time.
  • Options
    allumo619allumo619 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    must say this was the worst fight i have seen beein release in a modern mmo. completly randomise of ppl on different instances and no regard if the ppl were grouped or not, no instance chat to coordinate fight, especialy when the server is an international server. how do you expect to kkep ppl interested on the game? the game´s name?
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Difficult things should be difficult because they require coordination, skills, team work. Making things difficult because you can't know who will be grouped with who, or having to overcome poorly designed content is not the difficulty anyone wants.

and please, don't make teamspeak or any voice chat a requirement to complete content. There are those of us who dislike voice chat.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The main phase is actually ok (if ppl had any clue whatsoever what to do), but the add phase is HORRIBLE LAGGY...
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think we have an issue now, my instance had over 15 ppl with at least two legendaries, we had about 5 people on each head, and we still failed. Maybe you made it to hard cryptic? Everyone in my party had over 10k power and it took us 20 minnutes to kill 1 head, and most players dont have that much power.

and WHY cant i party up with my guildmates for Tiamat. ESPECIALLY for a battle that actually requires TEAMWORK, it'd be nice if I could enter with a TEAM (hint hint)
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This was my biggest fear while testing this on the preview server. My guild as well suffered from this. The second fight we did a little better getting into the same instance, but it was still a huge struggle to try to get three of us (out of 10-15 who were together) to get into the same instance.

At the very least, please allow a grouped party to enter together like in Gauntlgrym. We'd really appreciate the opportunity to make a pre-made, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yeah I'm done until they fix the lag. The design of this trash is bad enough but the lag makes it unplayable. 1-2k ping constantly. See you guys next patch notes.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's pretty silly and frustrating that you can't get a full partly let alone a full organised run going. Pugs are just terrible and they just ignore your advice anyway. Not to mention zone chat is what I assume to be across every single instance.
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We need chat for every tiamat instance, now its zone for all tiamat instances which is big fail.

Other things Id like to see:
    Allow group to enter one instance, we gathered 10+ people from our guild,
    wanted to go together, but... we were split, huge dissapointment.
    There was huge negative feedback on preview forum, that this system will not work, and it doesnt as it is now.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Duo'd one head with a cleric, not sure what do you impy when you say "it's hard as hell". Just coordination and lack of a party...sucks.
This discussion has been closed.