test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

24k AD per day isn't enough anymore

midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Me and all member of my guild have 500k+ Rough AD to refine, let's be serious;

24k per day isn't enough anymore nowdays.

Especially with all these "Binds on pickup" items and campaigns now: 5k, 5k, 20k, 20k, 50k...

what do you guys think?
Post edited by midnightita on

Comments

• agsellers04agsellers04 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I tend to agree with this. 24k per day isnt all that much really.
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    AD are like time. I never have enough of either.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With a raised cap you have inflation, but the ones with a leadership army as well as casuals would have their ad devalued while those that actively play and salvage so that they have an increasing amount of rough AD would benefit the most.

I think that I would've preferred that they made loot BoE.
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I also have leadership at 19-20 on 6 characters. You can imagine
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I actually agree with this. We could possibly double it and be fine.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The prices are high not because of how hard it is to get AD, but because of inflation.

Leadership alt armies add to the problem, not help with solution.

I find it funny that AD sinks, the RP items are completely not valid due to being greatly overpriced.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    no prices are already too low
    24k is more than enough

edit: i m not sure what i wrote is economically right XD
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Leadership alt armies add to the problem, not help with solution.

I find it funny that AD sinks, the RP items are completely not valid due to being greatly overpriced.

There was detailed analysis done months back and determined that leadership does not dump NEAR as much AD into the game as bots/farming.

Aside from that, the 24k has been in place since I started playing in open beta. At that time, there were not many high-AD items available. I can support the needs for a slight increase at least, but it should not be too large of an increase - maybe 36k a day?
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    They should leave the 24k RaD limit and introduce a new category for AD you earn from the dailies.
    You would still be able to refine your 24k from invoking, leadership and salvage.

Then for dailies you have to grind(PvP, GG, Foundry, etc.) you would get Earned AD (EAD).
    Put a limit of 30K EAD per day, and let people grind for their AD. 54k a day times 2 characters would 750+k a week.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    24k is enough.
    Do less farming, use multiple characters, skip the leadership tasks and produce items to sell.

increasing the rAD convert rate would just create inflation.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    24k is enough.
    Do less farming, use multiple characters, skip the leadership tasks and produce items to sell.

increasing the rAD convert rate would just create inflation.

Right on, right on. Leadership on 20 characters is a lame way to get cheap AD anyway. Try playing the game for AD.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The whole purpose of the AD refining cap is to prevent abuse by farmers (not BOTs, but anyone who farms AD, myself included) to prevent flooding the market and creating inflation (we've already seen this with previous exploits and the two-week delay in buying Zen with AD) - the 24k cap is designed to help prevent the same.

Though I *agree* with the OP that it *feels* like it's not enough, my vote is that they keep it as it is.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now that one must spend their seals before they hit the cap I think it should be raised to 45-50 K.
  • weyasago123weyasago123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just some basic economics here about supply and demand. By increasing AD refinement cap, you are going to increase AD supply and therefore demand. An increase in demand without an increase in supply will lead to increase in prices or inflation. This will do more harm than good I promise you.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just some basic economics here about supply and demand. By increasing AD refinement cap, you are going to increase AD supply and therefore demand. An increase in demand without an increase in supply will lead to increase in prices or inflation. This will do more harm than good I promise you.

I don't think supply-and-demand works the way you think it works.

There are two kinds of market: vertical and horizontal:

Vertical market: Sell fewer at much higher cost.
    Horizontal: Sell <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ton loads at lower cost.

If the demand is low, you don't sell as much, therefore your charge more (vertical market, such as a specialized item). If the demand is high, however, you will sell enough to charge less.

Therefore: if the economy is flooded with currency there becomes so-called "high-demand" - meaning more is sold, meaning prices drop. This is a deflation of the currency value (too many people have it: over-supply). However, if there is less of the currency it becomes more valuable (people take greater care is deciding how to spend it) - item sales slow-down, prices go up (a.k.a.: inflation). I am NOT saying this is how Neverwinter economy works. I'm only explaining the basic mechanics of it all.

However, a similar affect will happen if the AD refinement cap were increased: the same affect as the previous exploits: a flood of AD into the economy, albeit not on the same scale.

The AD refining cap is designed (I'm not saying it's at a perfect level) to prevent both: inflation and deflation. Is 24K the right amount? Only the raw numbers of the entire economy as a whole can tell and only Cryptic has that. As for the amount being the right amount on a personal level, well that's a personal want, not a need.
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Me and all member of my guild have 500k+ Rough AD to refine, let's be serious;

24k per day isn't enough anymore nowdays.

Especially with all these "Binds on pickup" items and campaigns now: 5k, 5k, 20k, 20k, 50k...

what do you guys think?
    I guess you want more AD, and you want that fast.
    Tipps:
    sell your heroes/adventurers for real AD, replace them with self created footmen.
    sell your T2 neclaces/rungs from DD runs for 6k AD, better than increasing your rAD by 8k
    while you have excess rAD hold on the rAD creating jobs, make merc's, footman to sell them for proper AD

Thing is:
    if the conversion rate is increased, it is increased for everyone, leading to everyone (most at least) having more AD, making it less valueable, increasing prices.
    So, increasing the rAD rate is a very bad idea, thinking of better things to do is a better option.

*edit*
    Funny thing is, you strife for a goal (managing to make more than 24k AD per day) just to demand that the goal is not enough for you. Weird attitude.
  • weyasago123weyasago123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't think supply-and-demand works the way you think it works.

There are two kinds of market: vertical and horizontal:

Vertical market: Sell fewer at much higher cost.
    Horizontal: Sell <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ton loads at lower cost.

If the demand is low, you don't sell as much, therefore your charge more (vertical market, such as a specialized item). If the demand is high, however, you will sell enough to charge less.

Therefore: if the economy is flooded with currency there becomes so-called "high-demand" - meaning more is sold, meaning prices drop. This is a deflation of the currency value (too many people have it: over-supply). However, if there is less of the currency it becomes more valuable (people take greater care is deciding how to spend it) - item sales slow-down, prices go up (a.k.a.: inflation). I am NOT saying this is how Neverwinter economy works. I'm only explaining the basic mechanics of it all.

However, a similar affect will happen if the AD refinement cap were increased: the same affect as the previous exploits: a flood of AD into the economy, albeit not on the same scale.

The AD refining cap is designed (I'm not saying it's at a perfect level) to prevent both: inflation and deflation. Is 24K the right amount? Only the raw numbers of the entire economy as a whole can tell and only Cryptic has that. As for the amount being the right amount on a personal level, well that's a personal want, not a need.

I don't get what you are saying...(no offense meant) Are you trying to disagree with what I have said? Look at what happened during the AD Resonator exploit, there was an oversupply of AD, which pushed prices of everything up. By increasing the AD limits you would see a spike in prices probably not as dramatic but there would be an increase nonetheless.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have 6 characters doing leadership. 4 have been at lvl 20, and have been using 8 leadership slots for months. Only one has a backlog of RAD, and that's because he's the one who runs the most dungeons. Since he's over cap and needs more AD, I either sell stuff below salvage value or I send it to an alt to salvage.

I only make about 12K a day, per toon, through leadership.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If refining RAD is your main income, you are doing it wrong. It is only supposed to be an additional source of AD. Be smart, if you keep running dungeons, send your epics to another char and refine them plus some leadership AD you will get good AD everyday.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh, and just to mention it: there is always the possibility to sell ZEN for AD at the ZAX.
    But I guess for those with leadership armies the thought of actually buying ZEN for real money is merely a possibility.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I play my HR once a week. Some Elol and DD Runs with guild and I refine all week long since I have ~ 75k-100k raw. Would really love to see 50k cap.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Once Mod 5 hits, put all your profession slots to work at jewelcrafting and burn through your backlog. Problem solved.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This just skirts the issue that there isn't enough ways to make AD in the game for those of us who came along a little late. If you started within the first year/6 months of release, you could make millions just running dungeons and selling drops. Now those same drops are basically worthless.

All the money is sitting with a few folks.

There are some things driving those prices too though, its not all about greed. Lesser to Normal, normal to greater, greater to perfect takes what...10 c wards to be reliably? No wonder they cost as much as they do. (Yes, I know you dont NEED it...but what is the point of a MMO without gear progression....?)
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    There was detailed analysis done months back and determined that leadership does not dump NEAR as much AD into the game as bots/farming.

I can confirm that. This morning I got about 175k AD from my 12 level 60s and one level 48-ish. 11/12 of the level 60s have Rank 20 leadership and about 1/3 of those have all nine slots open.

This morning, I happened to make notes. It was about 09:30 and in my Time Zone the in-game clock resets at 10:00 AM. So any Rough AD need to be collected and refined by then in order to start the day with a clean slate of 24k max potential.

My routine is:
    1. Log-in on each character and Invoke, Redeem completed Professions tasks, Refine Rough AD = ~18 minutes;
    2. Cycle through again, assigning new Professions Tasks = ~25 minutes;
    3. Go back to Character 1 and Invoke again if it has been an hour since I started;
    4. Cycle through again, pooling refined AD via the ZAX, Spend 10 Radiant Coins on Elixirs (if they have 10), Spend 7 Celestial Coins on a Wondrous Coffer (sometimes I get the Campaign Coffer instead for 6 Coins) = ~15 minutes;
    5. Cycle Through Again and visit the Manycoins Bank to off-load Enchants, Runes and Major Potions in my Shared Bank Vault slots, other potions and kits in the Guild Vault = ~an hour or so.
    6. Collect all the runes and enchants on my first character and refine and upgrade to clear out her inventory.
    7. Leave any new refined AD where they are until I am ready to pool them again tomorrow.

But my AC still has 62k unrefined AD, my WK 30k and my MI about 4k, due to doing PvP events for Rhix and Lord Neverember (that's 16k right there, 4k for Rhix, 4k for the Victory and 8k from the Lord Protector).

MY AC also salvaged her Grim Faithful armour set as she upgraded to Profound a couple of days back, while the WK salvaged her Battlefield Skulker's set when she upgraded to Profound Scoundrel a little while ago. The MI did as well, but I put her on collecting Siege Engines and Mining Claims. I forgot to do that with the other two. She is also upgrading 12 Adventurers into Heroes, as I had nine spare Adventurers.

None of the others EVER get more than 24k rAD in a day just from Leadership. I have a backlog on my three Main characters due to running PvP events for the Glory and Seals and salvaging three complete sets of Epic gear.

Then I went to the Auction House and put up dozens of kits for 80 AD as the Guild Vault was full, checked the prices of SW Mulhorand items as I have 3 Grimoires, a Pact Blade and 3 Cloaks to sell, bought three Adventurers for 75.4k and a Master Leatherworker for a paltry sum. Then I went to the Wondrous Bazaar and spent most of the rest on Marks of Potency, as I have used 18 in the last few days and need some more.

I usually do not pay more than 75k for an Adventurer, but 75.4 was close enough. There are plenty there for 80k, but that is more than I will pay. When I have enough Epic level professionals, I'll be putting my AD into upgrading my Ioun Stones (a pretty hefty AD Sink), as well as the Wondrous Bazaar. Yesterday, I also traded 50,000 AD for 100 Zen to get 10 Preservation Wards.

I spent the rest of the day doing 36 Resplen's events with three characters for the Pocket Pet.

So, it is an absolute fact that most of the excess AD in the game does not come from genuine players doing Leadership, although increasing the limit to 36k would be fine with me.

I do not think that AD are particularly devalued, either. But maybe that is because most of my characters only hit Rank 20 Leadership and discovered the joys of "Destroy Enemy Camp" relatively recently, long AFTER The Astral Diamond Fountaineers had, with a monarch's voice, cried "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war to munch the value out of everything.

Of course, the 24k per day limit is only a real problem for obsessive GREED runners who have been salvaging countless BoP items from hundreds of runs for over a year. Whether their predicament serves them right is for Cryptic to decide.

:D

~
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    Try playing the game for AD.

Professions IS playing the game. Sgt Knox encourages you to do it as soon as you hit the level.

This game is multi-faceted, and GREED running dungeons is not all that it's all about.

Some people do nothing but Professions.

Some people just play the Auction House.

Others constantly convert their AD to Zen and buy keys to open boxes so they can trade the stuff they get.

Some people only do PvP.

Some people only do PvE.

Personally, I do ALL of it. But the first thing I do every morning is Invoking and Professions.

And I need a LOT of AD with four Main characters. My Halfling HR, GF and GWF are also semi-Main.

How much AD does it take to raise an Ioun Stone of Radiance to Epic?

Times 12 characters?

>8o

Or three Artifacts?

And that does not include my level 48-ish Dragonborn Temptation SW, my level 4 Tiefling Fury SW and my level 0 Halfling Damnation SW who I have not even rolled yet, but I have the slot for her.

But then, they might finally release a Druid...

~
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This game is multi-faceted, and GREED running dungeons is not all that it's all about.
    ~

Greed/Want or Roll/Pass would be more accurate than Need/greed/pass

After all noone truly needs any of it, exceptions for bound stuff that you still don't need. It is greed to have your roll worth higher than everyone elses.
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If refining RAD is your main income, you are doing it wrong. It is only supposed to be an additional source of AD. Be smart, if you keep running dungeons, send your epics to another char and refine them plus some leadership AD you will get good AD everyday.

Unfortunately 95% of the epic item drop is "Binds on pickup".

Farming VT-MC-LoL-eLoL, is only having more rough ad to refine,
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Professions IS playing the game. Sgt Knox encourages you to do it as soon as you hit the level.

And I need a LOT of AD with four Main characters. My Halfling HR, GF and GWF are also semi-Main.

How much AD does it take to raise an Ioun Stone of Radiance to Epic?

Times 12 characters?

Or three Artifacts?

And that does not include my level 48-ish Dragonborn Temptation SW, my level 4 Tiefling Fury SW and my level 0 Halfling Damnation SW who I have not even rolled yet, but I have the slot for her.

Doing professions on one character is playing the game. Farming leadership on 12 characters purely for the AD is not playing the game. It's obsessively using a particular mechanic of the game purely for the AD gains. Now, I am not saying it is right or wrong. If people want to spend their time resetting professions on 12 characters, that's their choice, but that's hardly the same as actively using 12 characters and playing them regularly. I'm sure the designers have already considered these issues and that's part of why the refining cap is where it is, so I have no sympathy for those who have hundreds of thousands of rough AD sitting around because they take hours everyday farming leadership on their 20 alts. As has been pointed out multiple times in countless threads, flooding the market with AD has devastating effects on the Neverwinter economy (just as flooding the market with dollars has had devastating effects on real economies). The caps exists for very good reasons and somewhat preserves the game for others who don't have time or inclination to farm 20 alts purely to run Leadership and generate tons of AD.

This has nothing to do with bind-on-pickups or other ways to generate AD, even if they existed in the past and are no longer available. Everyone is free to find new ways to generate AD and if they want to farm 20 alts to do it, or mine dungeons, or even take advantage of exploits, they're going to have to deal with the consequences of their decisions. Personally, spending even an hour managing 12 characters seems horribly monotonous, even if the AD gains are large, and even if you're supporting one character by doing this, it's still an hour of time you're never going to get back. If some folks are that obsessed with getting to the top end of whatever in this game that they're willing to do this, more power to them, but they can't be allowed to wreck the market for everyone else because they're whales. Some folks will break out the wallet to get the stuff they want, which in my opinion is the smarter thing to do. Time is money. That's playing the game too, but let's not pretend like 20 alts all farming leadership purely for AD was ever meant to be part of the typical gaming experience. It's not.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Basically, the RAD to AD conversion is the only source of AD in the game that matters. AD income and AD drain need to match, or we get a huge inflation.

So if they increase the AD income they also need to increase the AD drains similarily to keep the economy in balance. You will just get a new balance at a higher price level but with more or less the same buying power. The buy power might be distributed a bit away from the AD leadership farmers though and more over to the gear farmers, favoring the more active players. (And note: Cryptic might not want that, the bulk of players in these games usually are fairly casual)

But in the end an increased AD refining limit will not have much effect really. So it will be sort of pointless.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    for me...

I have 5 characters with about 250k RAD
    my CW has like 850k
    and my GWF has 100k.

At times i have 2M RAD backlog. That's the issue :S