edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Oh my oh my oh my !!!

B6tsH4G.jpg
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How they require a 10k GS when there is only 7k GS in the world?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well... a 5 player fight against Tiamat would have been unsatisfactory from a lore standpoint, for sure.

Sounds like a welcome addition. Unless it's too easy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    See title

Get excited.

Get really too excited.

See GS requirement.

Meh.

I'm already outgearing the upcoming module's content by almost 70%. LOL. :cool:
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would expect lots of busy bees running around reviving each other in the beginning. :D

So would it still place you in groups of 5 within the instance? I suspect that's the case from past Cryptic experience.
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    can't wait to try it :D what are those rewards btw?
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Interesting.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    can't wait to try it :D what are those rewards btw?

They are artifact offhands, I posted the new artifact cloaks and belts and the new dragon heart artifacts in the preview section , the new mainhands and offhands will take a lot of work/organization xD
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    They are artifact offhands, I posted the new artifact cloaks and belts and the new dragon heart artifacts in the preview section , the new mainhands and offhands will take a lot of work/organization xD
    ah so they drop from this raid as well, ah tomorrow the prev testing will be a mess, i'm glad i decided to have only 1 char for pvp and one for pve
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    This certainly will be interesting. I hated their recent hard-on for heroic encounters so I will stand back and see whether this is closer to an actual "raid" or a "heroic encounter".

Good news regardless.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    See title

Get excited.

Get really too excited.

See GS requirement.

Meh.

I'm already outgearing the upcoming module's content by almost 70%. LOL. :cool:

I would be very interested to know what the average active level 60 player's gearscore is. I wouldn't be surprised if it is well under 13K.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Suspect it is going to be lagfest.

Sadly the best strategy might be to let the 10k players die and let the 17k players fight - why? less players, less lag.

-_-''

I am willing to 5 man it with a good team
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »

Sadly the best strategy might be to let the 10k players die and let the 17k players fight - why? less players, less lag.

-_-''

Reading the Raid description it sounds like there could be several small teams , maybe even five teams made up of the regular player parties so it may not be possible to complete it with just one team of five , quote - "The cult of the Dragon is summoning Tiamat from the nine hells , it will require many teams of brave adventurers to stop the Dragon queen from entering our world"
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014

-_-''

That's got me thinking - I wonder if they could spawn an instance once a certain total GS was reached, from a minimum of 5 players to a max of 25... That'd make for an interesting dynamic.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Reading the Raid description it sounds like there could be several small teams , maybe even five teams made up of the regular five man teams so it may not be possible to complete it with just one team of five , quote - "The cult of the Dragon is summoning Tiamat from the nine hells , it will require many teams of brave adventurers to stop the Dragon queen from entering our world"

Just, well, i don't know about you guys, but these large heroic encounters can crash me to like 1-2FPS and i just stand there and hope not to die.

I'm not saying i like letting people die, but if they really can't play, I think a high end player is worth 4 average players, so this might be optimal.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014

-_-''

You just described the general strategy for nearly all raids. One group is the A-team, the rest is fodder or corpses. Its why raids never really appealed to me. You only have fun, or a meaningful role, if you are in the A-team. Everyone else is just kinda a number to add to the zerg pile.

its like a normal 5 person group, only with extra lemmings added for laughs and chaos.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Even with the artifact gears, mod 5 changes and GS creep, my TR main is never going to be considered high end enough to replace 4 players in PVE.

My CW alt however....
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I hope they're going to change the GS requirements to the epic and normal.

I mean... 10k for Normal and like... 14k for Epic.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • weyasago123weyasago123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    can't wait for this...
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tiamat_Door.jpg

Tiamat is behind this door painting his toenails. It'll be about 2 weeks before we enter and get stomped!!! :o
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I hope they're going to change the GS requirements to the epic and normal.

I mean... 10k for Normal and like... 14k for Epic.

Yeah something like this. When i'm bored waiting for dragon timers I inspect other players and have trouble finding ones under 15-16k. 10k is fresh 60 with blue gear and no weapon/armor enchantment.
    edited October 2014
    By the time I get the items i'll be almost 20k, right? A well played, well speced, CW near 20k in a raid is more powerful than 5-10 normal players. The will run ahead, and die. Then i will die reviving them. Eventually i will give up reviving and they will give up trying. Becomes a 5 man instance anyway :S
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    ah so they drop from this raid as well, ah tomorrow the prev testing will be a mess, i'm glad i decided to have only 1 char for pvp and one for pve

...and by "drop" you mean "have a 0.125% chance of dropping one for the entire raid."
    edited October 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    ...and by "drop" you mean "have a 0.125% chance of dropping one for the entire raid."

.125% chance rolled amongnst 25 players! omg, i get a .005% chance! that's such an upgrade over the current situation!
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So. They are going to do 25 player raids - yet whenever 25 ppl are doing a dragon there is massive lag - unless there is some serious performance optimisations I cannot see this ending well...

And fyi, my PC is fairly new and more than capable of running the game. 6 core phenom 2 cpu, 12gig DDR3 ram, Geforce GTX 750 video card, game installed to SSD hard drive 20mbps cable net connection. Perhaps not the best, but definitely more than enough to run this game.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Good, I just hope I don't get laggy and low FPS because of the 25 dudes (maybe 10 or 15 man-raid could be better), but sounds very interesting.
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Only thing I'm worried about is KV lag.....
  • thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    My PC is far from new but boasts enough upgrades to keep it running other triple A titles in high settings at around 45-60fps...
    Every Dragon i've ever fought with more than 15 people attacking it has lagged me horribly sometimes making me crash.
    I'm not entirely sure how i'll handle this 25 man raid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Actually, I just noticed the GS requirement on this and Well of Dragons, isn't it very odd to some that 10k is lower than the normal versions of both the skim and dungeon of mod 4?
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm. Will my PC bear this?
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Imagine item rolls with one drop ;)

My own idea about this dungeon. So far we know that it's a 25 Person Dungeon Raid. But we won't travel in one huge group of 25 but in 5 separate groups with 5 people in each group. Tiamat has a 5-headed dragon so each group will fight with one head.
    Now for me there are 2 options - there are 5 gates for 5 parties before the last boss and we fight with her dragon at the same time on 5 platforms. Thus the first party reaching the gate needs to wait for other parties to do so.
    Or each party can go in and start a fight and then next parties have separate counters for entering and still fight with one of his heads at the time.

It's also possible that each head has own abilities copied from already existing dragons in Neverdeath, Ebons, Icespire, Rothe and Whispering (5 dragons).
    Dragon will turn when he loses 1/5 of his HP and party needs to fight with another head till 2/5 and so on. In that case each party has to adjust tactics to the next head and all parties have a chance to fight with each head.
    Or in the end platforms merge and whole 25-person raid fights together in the last phase.

Somehow I don't see 25 people near one chest so there will be 5 chests for 5 groups of 5 people.

Of course it's just my own idea how it could look like :D