What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[MOD 6 guide] Lazalia's High Crit build for PvE GWF Destroyer

Comments

• Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You will get much more benefit using SoS+V/A (10%) because is not capped while the powerfull challenge feat (15%) will only work on marked targets and the GWF can mark up to 5 using Daring Shout, by the time you kill a mob with IBS looking for marking more mobs, they will be already close to dead so even though that 15% looks so good, it is not really that much useful after all. Threatening Rush only apply 20% more damage to your skills due to the Mark but being SM wms grant you 30% more damage to Sure Strike (for single target DPS) and using Daring Shout will apply an extra 20% (Mark) also, it's better to slot DS instead of another offensive encounter, the total damage bonus will cover it and the damage is going to be higher at least for SM. SM outperform IV in single target DPS with ease.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    whoamireallywhoamireally Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What are your thoughts on punishing charge? I really like this encounter and was wondering what your experience, if any, with it was.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What are your thoughts on punishing charge? I really like this encounter and was wondering what your experience, if any, with it was.

I like the fact that Punishing Charge is a skill that allow you to build AP very, very fast and it's useful if you want to use companions which active bonus are: "On encounter use". However, it has a very low damage and doesn't fit my playstyle because changing your position continously will represent a loss in the DPS.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To add a note, I don't think having slotted SS+WMS hinders your AoE dps at all. After many long tests I figured that even if you only spam WMS on large packs of adds the dps is still very comparable if not the same with using WS. Only way to really see WS being better is if you use it together with WMS for the debuff, but then you lose much more of your single target dps. Even in a CN run you still need the switch to single target every so often, and re-slotting your at-wills on the move isn't beneficial. Also, especially in the new content single target becomes much more important, added the bonus from the Ferocity weapon once you get it, you should really only use WMS for debuff then go all the way with SS.
  • Options
    l33thaxxor1l33thaxxor1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited September 2014
    The main issue with V/A is it's only when you're in combat advantage. It's not a flat damage increase as your presuming. A GWF doing what they are supposed to be doing can't stay in C/A all the time. Keeping targets marked up works from any position giving you more damage over time, and is extremely effective when you have a GF in the party that knows how to work with you.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The main issue with V/A is it's only when you're in combat advantage. It's not a flat damage increase as your presuming. A GWF doing what they are supposed to be doing can't stay in C/A all the time. Keeping targets marked up works from any position giving you more damage over time, and is extremely effective when you have a GF in the party that knows how to work with you.
    CA is almost 80% of the time, more if you have a GF in the group. Keeping marks up can be either more or less, depending on your group setup and the dungeon. To be honest there's little difference between the two, V/A is a bit better for AoE while powerful challenge is better for single target. But on a crit build that focuses on high crit as this, a 5% increase for roughly 80% of the time is too good to pass up.
  • Options
    l33thaxxor1l33thaxxor1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited September 2014
    zankard wrote: »
    CA is almost 80% of the time, more if you have a GF in the group. Keeping marks up can be either more or less, depending on your group setup and the dungeon. To be honest there's little difference between the two, V/A is a bit better for AoE while powerful challenge is better for single target. But on a crit build that focuses on high crit as this, a 5% increase for roughly 80% of the time is too good to pass up.

This figure is very over estimated from what I understand for Kaelac's work cited here:

"Many players overestimate the amount of time they deal CA damage in a dungeon run. Usually it's in the order of 25-30%, and you can add perhaps an extra 10-15% if you have a CW in the party. For HRs, I highly highly recommend you slot Aspect of the Pack and stand within melee range with your GWF or CW or top DPSer, and you will all get constant CA (97-100%) which is mathematically far superior than the personal damage boost with sniper's aim. If you are seriously carrying the group on the HR, then you will pull aggro, get surrounded and lose sniper's aim bonus anyway. "
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    This figure is very over estimated from what I understand for Kaelac's work cited here:

"Many players overestimate the amount of time they deal CA damage in a dungeon run. Usually it's in the order of 25-30%, and you can add perhaps an extra 10-15% if you have a CW in the party. For HRs, I highly highly recommend you slot Aspect of the Pack and stand within melee range with your GWF or CW or top DPSer, and you will all get constant CA (97-100%) which is mathematically far superior than the personal damage boost with sniper's aim. If you are seriously carrying the group on the HR, then you will pull aggro, get surrounded and lose sniper's aim bonus anyway. "

It's not an estimate my friend, it's what the ACT analysis is telling me. It is very easy to get in CA, someone's always gonna be on the other side, or the GF will have everything marked, or you could use NSF, etc etc. I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one :)
  • Options
    sancidsancid Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When I'm soloing mobs, DS seems to provide CA all the time
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    i like the build , but i am takin CHA blet instead of dex , and being half - orc instead of human ...
    being IV i would take wicked strike weapon , as i play with wicked strike in crowded areas ... other than that, with everything legendary any build is permited i think ... who cares about end dps, when you can end all content in this game if u are over 17,5k gear score. i hope the new path for GWF ( Pit Fighter) will bring a nice encounter with it, someth that surpasses FS and Flourish by far :d
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i hope the new path for GWF ( Pit Fighter) will bring a nice encounter with it, someth that surpasses FS and Flourish by far :d
    Do you have a link that confirms this new paragon for GWF? or that just wishful thinking on your part.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    azrael778azrael778 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    awesome build Laz!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    scathias wrote: »
    Do you have a link that confirms this new paragon for GWF? or that just wishful thinking on your part.

D&D books :)
    as much as we cry and whine , DEVs kept a good eye on those D&D books and respected it.

a new class that no one cared is WARLORD .. that seems to be like a GWF , weilding 2 weapons. you can search the internet for more ..
    D&D 4e player handbook

and actually there are 4th paths Iron vanguard, Sword master , Pit fighter and Kensei.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    i like the build , but i am takin CHA blet instead of dex , and being half - orc instead of human ...
    being IV i would take wicked strike weapon , as i play with wicked strike in crowded areas ... other than that, with everything legendary any build is permited i think ... who cares about end dps, when you can end all content in this game if u are over 17,5k gear score. i hope the new path for GWF ( Pit Fighter) will bring a nice encounter with it, someth that surpasses FS and Flourish by far :d

Any build is permited, maybe, but doesn't mean that you character can be optimal with any legendary item. A lot of people do care about end game DPS, I have a lot of fun dealing tons of damage while other people have fun just RPing, PvPing, gearing up 10 characters, etc, everyone have fun in their own way. Some people just don't like to be in the middle when there's more fun being in the top.

Thanks for the comments.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    squibosquibo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great build!
    I play SM from the start was switching to IV to try it, but found that WMS was so deep into my play i couldn't play w/o it,
    even more when Unstoppable was toned so i needed to use Sprint more often.
    Sliding down using WMS/Sprint and preparing for good hits with encounters while also avoiding red zones is thing i love with my GWF :D
    Jamaica
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hey Lazaroth, i have a question about pets :)

What do you think of the Laughing Skull pet? The active bonus of +500 power and recovery at the start of combat and lasting for 25 seconds seems made for high end groups during trash clearing and most bosses as well. It does cost a decent amount though so I thought I would ask if there was anything about this pet that made it a useless before deciding to purchase it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    scathias wrote: »
    Hey Lazaroth, i have a question about pets :)

What do you think of the Laughing Skull pet? The active bonus of +500 power and recovery at the start of combat and lasting for 25 seconds seems made for high end groups during trash clearing and most bosses as well. It does cost a decent amount though so I thought I would ask if there was anything about this pet that made it a useless before deciding to purchase it.

Hi :)

I would recommend this companion according to your stats: if you have around 6k power, the real DPS increasement would be 2.2% which is very nice while if you have 12k power, the percentage is 1.75% and then is in equal level to cheaper companions. The recovery should be in 3k (including the AoW bonus set) so in case your stats aren't really high now, it would be a very good investment.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Update

• Switched two of my old companions for Blink Dog and Intellect Devourer, I noticed an interesting increasement in the DPS after using both so I would like to recommend them. Also switched Ioun Stone of Radiance for Ioun Dragon Stone, stats remain the same, mostly for visuals.

• Changed Thayan Book of the Dead for Lantern of Revelation, even though there's a hard diminishing return in Combat Advantage Stat after 700 points, AP gain isn't really a problem for us, I prefer to increase the DPS with the small gain in CA damage that the Lantern is granting me now.

• Total Combat Advantage Damage % increased to 20.8%.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    nithaliknithalik Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is a great build, its almost the same exact build I use except for a few things here and there like boons, and feats (only for pvp purposes), as far as PvE goes this is about as high of a dps build a GWF can go. I do have one suggestion that may be worth noting. I have found that using a pseudodragon can make a huge difference in survivability in eLoL and eSoT. Especially if you are doing the tanking, which without a GF in the group you will be if using this build.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thank you very much for your kind reply, indeed the extra stamina can be very useful in those situations and that's a very good suggestion, it's a matter of taste, I think that also is where Restoring Strike shines since it grants us a noticeable amount of stamina too which I've found is more than enough so far. It's a lot of fun tanking with a Destroyer GWF, we have to know how to use our sprint, restoring strike for the healing in the right moment, dodge attacks, keep the Daring Shout on as much as possible while dealing tons of damage.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thank you very much for your kind reply, indeed the extra stamina can be very useful in those situations and that's a very good suggestion, it's a matter of taste, I think that also is where Restoring Strike shines since it grants us a noticeable amount of stamina too which I've found is more than enough so far. It's a lot of fun tanking with a Destroyer GWF, we have to know how to use our sprint, restoring strike for the healing in the right moment, dodge attacks, keep the Daring Shout on as much as possible while dealing tons of damage.

you saw a real difference just using blink dog?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    you saw a real difference just using blink dog?

Yes, the increasement in the damage is noticeable in the DPS as long as you are able to keep the CA 100% on elite/boss and at least 80% total during a dungeon run (should be higher if you have an appropiated footwork).
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thanks, I'll take a look. when I asked here, someone told me that the bonus does not work (like, +2% in my damage)
  • Options
    atrocioushackatrocioushack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi Lazalia,
    will you explain us, how do you count 167% Critical Severity.
    If companion's active bonus work, without being summoned, then why we wont take companions with same bonus for all slots.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hi Lazalia,
    will you explain us, how do you count 167% Critical Severity.
    If companion's active bonus work, without being summoned, then why we wont take companions with same bonus for all slots.
    Thanks in advance.

Mainly because you can only have 1 pet of any kind active. So you can only have 1 Dancing Blade active at a time, even if you own 3 of them.

The Crit severity comes from 75% base, 50% perfect vorpal, 15% GWF feat, 10% Erinyes of Belial, 5% Dancing Blade, 5% Half-Orc racial Bonus, 5% final ToD boon, and 2% IWD 3rd boon = 167% severity. Then you can also add a Squash soup if you want an extra 5% severity, as well as other potions
  • Options
    skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi,

You might remember me from my thread in gameplay discussion, where I had asked advice for perfect vorpal. I got the vorpal and now I want to switch to your build. The problem is my initial roll was 20 STR - 13 DEX - 13 CON (Human). Is it still possible to go for this build with this initial roll? I respeced the character to switch from IV to SM, but I don't think there is any way to reset the initial stat roll.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hi,

You might remember me from my thread in gameplay discussion, where I had asked advice for perfect vorpal. I got the vorpal and now I want to switch to your build. The problem is my initial roll was 20 STR - 13 DEX - 13 CON (Human). Is it still possible to go for this build with this initial roll? I respeced the character to switch from IV to SM, but I don't think there is any way to reset the initial stat roll.

Hi, gratz for your vorpal, it was a very good choice. There's a race reroll token in the Zen Market for 1500z which will allow you to reroll your stats as well.

The idea of the build is very simple: as much critical % as possible in order to maximize your DPS using a vorpal enchantment, now you can use a human with different roll than mine, is it going to be viable? Yes, of course! Is it optimized? No.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    oreonmilkoreonmilk Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    Been out of the barracks forum for quite some time. Just encountered this build of yours. You sir, sure know well about GWF :)
    This guide should help LOTS of GWF especially the new players in how to properly go DPS build.
  • Options
    skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi, gratz for your vorpal, it was a very good choice. There's a race reroll token in the Zen Market for 1500z which will allow you to reroll your stats as well.

The idea of the build is very simple: as much critical % as possible in order to maximize your DPS using a vorpal enchantment, now you can use a human with different roll than mine, is it going to be viable? Yes, of course! Is it optimized? No.

Correct. Well, atleast I can go back and change the stats to focus on DEX instead of STR. I don't like going for any race other than humans in RPGs so have to sacrifice on the optimization a little bit. (I think orcs also get extra crit severity) So, what do you think? Given I have enough zen to reroll race is it worth doing it just to change stat focus from STR to DEX?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Update

• Switched two of my old companions for Blink Dog and Intellect Devourer, I noticed an interesting increasement in the DPS after using both so I would like to recommend them. Also switched Ioun Stone of Radiance for Ioun Dragon Stone, stats remain the same, mostly for visuals.

• Changed Thayan Book of the Dead for Lantern of Revelation, even though there's a hard diminishing return in Combat Advantage Stat after 700 points, AP gain isn't really a problem for us, I prefer to increase the DPS with the small gain in CA damage that the Lantern is granting me now.

• Total Combat Advantage Damage % increased to 20.8%.

take base ability score from dex and put it on CHA , hf
This discussion has been closed.