What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[MOD 6 guide] Lazalia's High Crit build for PvE GWF Destroyer

Comments

• Options
    skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you once again for your informative reply :)

Yes, eSoT is the most fun PvE content for me right now and as you said its good practice. I will definitely try DS/Flourish/IBS loadout next time I am there.
  • Options
    friartukfriartuk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like your build but I would like to research a more tanky version with of course some compromise in damage and probably the IV route.
    0cc7800da255601b179447a35c40763e.png
    Is this image extracted from the game or is it something you have produced by entering stats from the NW chat log into a spreadsheet?
    I have tried comparing different builds on the test server but I have been put off doing it because of how much time it takes to extract the data from many pages of chat log. I have changed the chat filters but still it takes a lot of time. Any tips would be most welcome :)
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    friartuk wrote: »
    I like your build but I would like to research a more tanky version with of course some compromise in damage and probably the IV route.

Is this image extracted from the game or is it something you have produced by entering stats from the NW chat log into a spreadsheet?
    I have tried comparing different builds on the test server but I have been put off doing it because of how much time it takes to extract the data from many pages of chat log. I have changed the chat filters but still it takes a lot of time. Any tips would be most welcome :)

Hi! Thanks for passing by. We already had a discussion about a more tanky version, maybe you will find interesting information in one of the pages of this post :). Regarding to the graphic, it's a program named "Advanced Combat Tracker" and don't forget to add the Neverwinter Plugin, there are tons of guides in the internet about how it works.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hey again,

Just wanted to ask if the final stats that you have posted on the first page are including augment or not.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hey again,

Just wanted to ask if the final stats that you have posted on the first page are including augment or not.

Hi! Yes, including augment.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the quick response, was just checking how much power I would lose out on because of using lower level enchantments.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Artifacts. Kessell's Spheres

Sure? It looks like they under-perform. And they're certainly über-priced.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?749141-Kessel-s-sphere-of-annihalation
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    Sure? It looks like they under-perform. And they're certainly über-priced.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?749141-Kessel-s-sphere-of-annihalation

Kessell's Spheres is meant to be used as secondary due to the stats (Power, ArPen and CA dmg) the fact that is working or not is irrelevant to this build, Sigil of the Devoted Cleric is the primary artifact and this one is working fine.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey laz,

So I read your reply in another thread where you have said that the GWF will become obsolete in the next mod, but I wonder if you actually believe that's really true?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey laz,

So I read your reply in another thread where you have said that the GWF will become obsolete in the next mod, but I wonder if you actually believe that's really true?

Well, I wouldn't say obsolete, this build will be functional 100% (I don't find sentinels using intimidation even a build in the real sense of the word because you shouldn't base a role/class in one single feat which isn't even the T5 but that's just my personal opinion) the real issue here is that the devs are not really paying attention to the GWF, it feels like they come with quick fixes without spending too much time testing what is needed or not like the "new" instigator path which was supposed to be about group utility and it would have been an interesting tree for the class but instead they came buffing the old feats with more DPS. I was expecting a bit more of love toward the GWF, if we check the class balance threads they ignore every feedback posted while they keep buffing other classes so I guess I feel dissapointed just like many other players.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    what do you think about belts/weapons in mod5, still same sure strike/dex or smth of mod 5 is better ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    what do you think about belts/weapons in mod5, still same sure strike/dex or smth of mod 5 is better ?

Specifically speaking about this build, Ferocity is a must, Cloak of Black Ice too due to the extra AP gain, the new augment "black ice ioun stone" which grant us 10% crit chance if we are below 50% HP seems to be very interesting for this build because we have low HP and low defense, the new offhand of course using the upgrade for the weapon master = 5% crit chance, taking the crit chance up to 67% in combat. So far, it's easy now the tricky part: I dislike a lot the new belt +2 STR +2 WIS compared to +4 DEX, switching kessell/lanter/thayan book for the Rod of Imperial Restraint is really bad and it is necessary to parse the damage done by the set artifact bonus, once the mod 5 is up I will give it a try in the preview server and I'll post the results of my tests here even though I don't guarantee I'll keep playing my GWF as before.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    kevinevolutionkevinevolution Member Posts: 47
    edited November 2014
    Hey Im new to Neverwinter and i'm trying to go with this build for my GWF but i would like to know if you have to spend alot for this build to fully work (AD or Zen) cause i dont like to spend real money. I would also like to know how it would do at lower levels
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hey Im new to Neverwinter and i'm trying to go with this build for my GWF but i would like to know if you have to spend alot for this build to fully work (AD or Zen) cause i dont like to spend real money. I would also like to know how it would do at lower levels

Hello, welcome!

We already had a discussion about how much you have to spend, you don't really need to spend real money, everything you see in my character I got it playing the game and I've been here for more than a year already, I only spent $20 dollars when I started just to get an epic mount with 110% speed (account-shared) because that's the only good thing that you can get in the Zen Market. Consider lvling from lv 1 to lv 60 like a Tutorial then it's when the game really start, you don't need a build below lv 60 at all (unless you want PvP and that's another topic) because it's very easy to lvl up in this game.

I kindly ask you to check the following link for more information: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?759721-Lazalia-s-High-Crit-build-for-PvE-GWF-Destroyer-Mod-4/page9

Thank you for passing by.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    govmustgovmust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ... even though I don't guarantee I'll keep playing my GWF as before.

Are you talking of droping GWF for another class or going instigator?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    govmust wrote: »
    Are you talking of droping GWF for another class or going instigator?

Hi, I'm not 100% sure about droping GWF yet unless the devs bring some love to the class, meanwhile I'm having a lot of fun with my SW until they "fix" them (nerf them to the ground leaving the CW as the ultimate PvE class). If there are some improvements for the class before the Mod5 arrives I'll be more than glad to start playing it again and update the guide.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    doomltddoomltd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Specifically speaking about this build, Ferocity is a must

**** question here, what is Ferocity? xD

Also just a few more quick ones, why use Half orc instead of Dragonborn? I've read through all of the calculations posted in the other thread and it seems that Dragonborn would be slightly higher Damage and more healing. (though I may be wrong)

I was also wondering how common it is for you to just spam WMS? I find myself spamming it instead of Sure Strike quite commonly (generally if there is more than 3-4 mobs I can hit at once). This being the case I was considering waiting for Mod 5 and buying the new arti weapon for WMS instead of SS, but I am new to GWF PvE and may very well be wrong.

Truly I do appreciate the guide and I hope to achieve your stats and items quite soon, even with Mod 5 looming over us.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    doomltd wrote: »

Golden Dragon's Ferocity. You can see it with Gateway, then Character Sheet, then collections
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    doomltd wrote: »

Also just a few more quick ones, why use Half orc instead of Dragonborn? I've read through all of the calculations posted in the other thread and it seems that Dragonborn would be slightly higher Damage and more healing. (though I may be wrong)

I was also wondering how common it is for you to just spam WMS? I find myself spamming it instead of Sure Strike quite commonly (generally if there is more than 3-4 mobs I can hit at once). This being the case I was considering waiting for Mod 5 and buying the new arti weapon for WMS instead of SS, but I am new to GWF PvE and may very well be wrong.

Truly I do appreciate the guide and I hope to achieve your stats and items quite soon, even with Mod 5 looming over us.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

It's Golden Dragon's Ferocity, main hand artifact weapon which boosts our Sure Strike At-Will.

Half-Orc is better than Dragonborn because it is a high crit build so you would be looking to get as much crit severity as possible most than 50% of the times your attacks are crits, Dragon only gives you 3% more power but for a high end GWF the power should be already above 12k and you won't really get benefit as I explained in the paragraph related to "Race" in the first post, there you can also find a link with very useful information about it. The extra healing that the Dragonborn provides isn't necessary, with Endless Consumption and above 5% life steal you are already doing overhealing thanks to the high damage and the low HP. I would suggest Dragonborn only if you are around 6k power and without EC.

Sure Strike is one of our highest sources of damage, if the new WMS weapon could boost the bonus for the At-Wills instead of doing more damage it would be surely a very viable choice but it is not that case. We would spam WMS against 3 or 4 enemies ofc but even if you add 10% more damage it wouldn't make a noticeable difference while 7.5% more damage in Sure Strike represents much more overall damage. Also, the new weapons are very restrictive, if you decide to change someday to Iron Vanguard while you are using this WMS weapon, you will lose the bonus.

Thank you very much for passing by, don't achieve the same stats try to get even more! :)
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    voidkvltvoidkvlt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi there!
    are you going to update you build now that the mod. 5 is live?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    voidkvlt wrote: »
    Hi there!
    are you going to update you build now that the mod. 5 is live?

Hi, so far it's the same mechanic and always looking for High Crit/High Crit Sev, shouldn't have major changes. The new artifact belt and the new bonus are really bad imo, the changes would be: Black Dragon Ioun Stone / New neck Imperial / Personalized Archmage's Ring in every slot including companion but I would need to remove some ArPen, the artifact offhand upgrading our Weapon Master Class Feature with extra crit %(which is bug, should give us 5% instead we receive 4% which I reported and as usually "ignored" thx devs). Atm I'm playing my SW, I mentioned my reasons in a previous post but I don't think I will let my GWF die, I would say that I'm just taking a break. Thanks for asking!
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    fallendracfallendrac Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    While I'm working on completing my Avatar of War set should I get another set like the Corrupted Black Ice one (Is this set any good?)? Or could you recommend me some other set that I could get for any other currency than AD? I'm currently using Destroyer's Grim set.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    fallendrac wrote: »
    While I'm working on completing my Avatar of War set should I get another set like the Corrupted Black Ice one (Is this set any good?)? Or could you recommend me some other set that I could get for any other currency than AD? I'm currently using Destroyer's Grim set.

Hi! It should be easier for you to get the Avatar of War set first instead of the CBI which takes about 35 days, don't buy it from the AH directly instead run a few dungeons during DD time and you will get it sooner or later.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    fallendracfallendrac Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi! It should be easier for you to get the Avatar of War set first instead of the CBI which takes about 35 days, don't buy it from the AH directly instead run a few dungeons during DD time and you will get it sooner or later.
    Ok, thank you. The thing is I have about 100k black ice (plus 1k raw black ice) and I don't really know what to do with it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    fallendrac wrote: »
    Ok, thank you. The thing is I have about 100k black ice (plus 1k raw black ice) and I don't really know what to do with it.

Well, the Corrupted Black Ice weapons aren't so bad, you can craft these at least until you are able to get your artifact weapon to epic lvl.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    atrocioushackatrocioushack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi Laz,
    there is some to discuss with you. If we take Black Dragon Ioun Stone, and put Personalized Archmage's Ring in every slot including companion (there are 3x slots for rings), we will have c.a 3200 AP. That is much more from that you suggest - 1800 - 2000, and in same time we lose a lot of Recovery (5x Ring of Pain * 181).
    So my question is, how do we will handle this problem?
    However we remove some AP from Necklace and from Artifacts (but what is right choice - Kessel's or Lantern, or may be both..., so there are not a good alternative either), and so we will lose CA, AP will stay over 2400, which is unacceptable. And still we have low Recovery, because the New Imperial neck will not compensate all amount, that we will have from Rings of pain.

P.s I don't like new Black Dragon Ioun Stone either. May be, it will be good on free PvP zones, but for PvE if we stay below 50% life, we die after the first mob's crit.
  • Options
    nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited November 2014
    Hi Laz,
    there is some to discuss with you. If we take Black Dragon Ioun Stone, and put Personalized Archmage's Ring in every slot including companion (there are 3x slots for rings), we will have c.a 3200 AP. That is much more from that you suggest - 1800 - 2000, and in same time we lose a lot of Recovery (5x Ring of Pain * 181).
    However we remove some AP from Necklace and from Artifacts (but what is right choice - Kessel's or Lantern, or may be both..., so there are not a good alternative either), and so we will lose CA, AP will stay over 2400, which is unacceptable. And still we have low Recovery, because the New Imperial neck will not compensate all amount, that we will have from Rings of pain.

P.s I don't like new Black Dragon Ioun Stone either. May be, it will be good on free PvP zones, but for PvE if we stay below 50% life, we die after the first mob's crit.
    There was just hype about Black Dragon Ioun Stone. In reality, this ioun stone is useless, just pretty looking. The best solution is to stay with Ioun Stone of Radiance/Might - 3x offense runestones and 2x ring (250power + 250arpen) 1x belt (250power + 250crit) slots.
    About artifacts, just check the list of them and you will find the best combo for sure ;)
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hi Laz,

Hi! I did a quick review to the stats including the new stones and there's no need to fill the stone with rings in every slot, just 2 in your character, that's 500 ArPen which you will remove after changing the actual neck (150 ArPen) for the Imperial Cloak (298) and change Lantern (350) for Heart of the Blue Dragon. Once we are able to equip the new offhand we will have another extra 250 arpen, then we just need to change the 3rd ToD boon Draconic Armorbreaker (200 ArPen) for Dragonscale Defense (200 Defense). Regarding to the Black Dragon Ioun Stone, unfortunately isn't so good as it looks, Might/Radiance are better and you equip ring/belt/ring - Ring of Pain x2 plus Personalized Archmage's Belt +6 (250 pow, 250 crit).
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    atrocioushackatrocioushack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And what about new Greater Jewels, that we can make with Jewelcrafting - Greater Action Point Gain Jewel
    or Greater Stamina Regeneration Jewel?
This discussion has been closed.