test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD 6 guide] Lazalia's High Crit build for PvE GWF Destroyer

Comments

• tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for this well written guide. I just came back to NW and started a GWF (only 35 so far) but already purchased most of the companions you mentioned so when I get there I'll have a good start. I like Crits :)

Sometimes its tough to follow with all the IBS/WS/VI/BS bla bla bla acronyms flying around but great guide thanks, wish me luck, my name is Jurco@megatantrum in game.
  • skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey Laz,

I saw there are some buffs to our GWFs in the preview server patch notes. Did you take a look at them? If you did, what are your thoughts? Do you think the proposed changes will show any noticeable improvements?
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for this well written guide. I just came back to NW and started a GWF (only 35 so far) but already purchased most of the companions you mentioned so when I get there I'll have a good start. I like Crits :)

Sometimes its tough to follow with all the IBS/WS/VI/BS bla bla bla acronyms flying around but great guide thanks, wish me luck, my name is Jurco@megatantrum in game.

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I'm glad you liked it :) good luck and see you in-game!
    Hey Laz,

I saw there are some buffs to our GWFs in the preview server patch notes. Did you take a look at them? If you did, what are your thoughts? Do you think the proposed changes will show any noticeable improvements?

Hey! :)

The changes weren't added to the last patch in the preview server so I haven't tested them yet, however, I would not expect huge differences, we will have 10% more dmg with 10 stacks (5% each = 50%) instead of 20 (2% each = 40%) which works for every power and extra 10% dmg bonus for our encounters while we are on Unstoppable but this is against our mechanic, we don't use encounters during Unstoppable except for our finisher IBS which is the only encounter that really gets a benefit. In summary: 10% for everything and a total of 20% extra for IBS fully stacked and used as finisher when our unstoppable bar is almost over.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this is against our mechanic, we don't use encounters during Unstoppable

Yep this change is a troll by the devs. But non-gwfs might be lured and think that the class has actually been rehab-ed.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • doropabodoropabo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    Yep this change is a troll by the devs. But non-gwfs might be lured and think that the class has actually been rehab-ed.

But it's still a little boost not a huge one but a boost ^^
  • erranntwowerranntwow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can you give photo skills? And so in general build good.
    edited December 2014
    erranntwow wrote: »
    Can you give photo skills? And so in general build good.

Thanks a lot!

I didn't include a picture of the power tab because I mentioned in the guide which skills are going to be used during dungeon runs either for single target or clearing trash/aoe, unfortunately, there's no need to use a different encounter/daily/at-wills setup. Once you are lv 60, you will gain a power point so after some time you will be able to complete the whole power tab.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • doropabodoropabo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi, Lazalia

Did the force appears in our % of dmg ?
    edited December 2014
    doropabo wrote: »
    Hi, Lazalia

Did the force appears in our % of dmg ?

Do you mean if the bonus % dmg granted by STR appears in the Power stat? If so, no, the bonus % of dmg in Power is only based on this stat, you can easily know this if you divide your total Power with 166 (where each 166 points means 1% of dmg) and you will have the same number as shown in your % of dmg.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited December 2014
    MOD5 Update

Hello guys,

I know some of you were expecting an update for this build since mod5 arrived, meanwhile I was working on my SW getting him to same lvl as my GWF and finally both characters are equal, please find below the changed that I've done in comparison to mod4.

Mod5 arrived with new and very interesting items, i.e Imperial Dragon Cloak which is amazingly good imo, it does increase our AP gain a lot becoming at least 40%-50% of our total AP gain in a battle, a lot better than the other cloaks which only grant +8 AC translated to 4% DR unfortunately useless for a PvE GWF.

I haven't been able to find a Repentant Dragon Cultist (I have a lot of bad luck) which should be 2.5% dmg and maybe I would switch it for the Intellect Devourer and we will be ready with or companions, remember, don't waste companions slots that only increase our stats because they are useless, in end-game lvl you will have plenty of stats points that will allow you to build your character properly based in the soft caps that I mentioned before.

New artifacts were added in mod5 too, the only addition to the build was Heart of the Blue Dragon but we will still keep Sigil of the Devoted as our main artifact, it's very solid for a DPS build as our dailies Crescendo and Spinning Strike represent a good portion of our total dmg.

Changelog:

Presentation:
    • Updated character picture.

Stat points:

• Modified Combat Advantage.
    • Added AoE resistance.

Defensive slots:
    • Added Brutal enchantments as secondary.

Gear:

Off-hand
    :

• Included Golden Dragon Sword Knot, bonuses: Artifact Class feature that upgrades our Weapon Master and Artifact Stat Increase: AoE resist.

Artifacts
    :

• Added Heart of the Blue Dragon.
    • Removed Thayan Book of the Dead.

Accesories:

• Added Personalized Archmage's Rings.
    • Added Imperial Dragon Cloak.

Companions:

• Updated Companions picture.
    • Removed Ioun Dragon Stone as option.
    • Added Black Dragon Ioun Stone as optional.
    • Added Ioun Stone of Might as optional.

Feat/Boons:

• Updated feats picture
    • Updated Boons picture, including ToD 6th and 7th bonuses.
    • Removed Unstoppable Action 0/5.
    • Added Toughness 3/3.
    • Armor Specialization 1/3.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity in order to thank every player that have sent tell messages in-game asking me for almost any kind of information and tons of goodwill messages since I released this guide, I really appreciate your constant support, thank you very much! :)
    fkze9t.jpg
  • portuguesdimasportuguesdimas Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2014
    Hi lazaroth666 i love this guide i understand almost everything but the powers i still didn't get it... the powers that you say in the guide must be all maxed 3/3?

Destroyer 3/3?
    Weapon Master 3/3?

etc,etc. Do you know what i mean?
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    probably 3 out of 3 possible, there are skills that might not be worth 3 points, just 1 for base utility, that would be 1/3
    Paladin Master Race
    edited December 2014
    the problem is that he didnt metioned the skills that are only 1/3.
    edited December 2014
    the problem is that he didnt metioned the skills that are only 1/3.

The skills that I mentioned in the guide are 3/3, anyways, after lv 60 you will get 1 power point as a possible reward every 250k EXP that you gain.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • jhozamjhozam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited December 2014
    Hey Laz,
    great guide m8!
    I got just one question. I read somewhere that Deep Gash does not help for the stacks. Is that true? Have you tested that?
    TY
    Jhozam, DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    Proud Officer of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild
    now up on Neverwinter Online, member of Ordo Obscuri Domini, Italian Guild
    edited December 2014
    jhozam wrote: »
    Hey Laz,
    great guide m8!
    I got just one question. I read somewhere that Deep Gash does not help for the stacks. Is that true? Have you tested that?
    TY

Tested in live server, you get stacks of Destroyer's Purpose during unstoppable while DG is on your enemy.
    Thanks for asking!
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited December 2014
    One more thing, i can't upgrade some skills to 3/3 because it needs spend 20 points :S do i need to spend points in random skills just to get the 20 spent points?
    edited December 2014
    One more thing, i can't upgrade some skills to 3/3 because it needs spend 20 points :S do i need to spend points in random skills just to get the 20 spent points?

Yes, 3/3 the skills that I've mentioned in the guide, any number of points in the other skills, doesn't matter.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited December 2014
    so i can spend points in other skills just to get the 20 spent points required?
    edited December 2014
    so i can spend points in other skills just to get the 20 spent points required?

Yes... you can't advance if you don't add points in other skills...
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Yes... you can't advance if you don't add points in other skills...
    Thanks :D that's what i wanted to hear. One more question, are this equips correct?
    9bb1053a419affa9f9ca7c191e1d9cec.png

I'm using alot of Cruel stuff is it right? or maybe there is some better equipments?

Sorry for so many questions :D it's just because i started yesterday and i still don't know much of this game but i'm loving it.
    edited December 2014
    -snip-

Sorry for so many questions :D it's just because i started yesterday and i still don't know much of this game but i'm loving it.

Don't worry about your gear now, from lv 1 to lv 60 it's like a Tutorial, the real game will start at lv 60. You can easily lvl up with whatever you equip in your character, it's too easy and enjoy the event exp x2 that is on right now.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Don't worry about your gear now, from lv 1 to lv 60 it's like a Tutorial, the real game will start at lv 60. You can easily lvl up with whatever you equip in your character, it's too easy and enjoy the event exp x2 that is on right now.

Thanks man, you really helped me :D
  • jhozamjhozam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited December 2014
    Blink Dog is working 100% sure, however, recent tests showed that Intellect Devourer isn't working in the same way or at least how we expect. I would take another companion.
    Sorry Laz, your words in your SW guide. Is that true for GWF too?
    Jhozam, DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    Proud Officer of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild
    now up on Neverwinter Online, member of Ordo Obscuri Domini, Italian Guild
    edited December 2014
    jhozam wrote: »
    Sorry Laz, your words in your SW guide. Is that true for GWF too?

When I started to use it, it was working fine, that's why I added it to the guide. Recent tests that some people did and afterwards posted in the forum, mentioned that the active bonus isn't working as intended. That's why I don't have it with my SW yet, I will run a couple of tests with my GWF and see finally if the companion is working or not.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey Laz,

I have read around and seen people claiming that the damage bonus from Destroyer's Purpose is not working and not giving us 50% damage bonus as it should. I have also read that somehow an IV GWF can crit on IBS for 100k whereas a SM GWF with same stats can only crit for 50k.

Do you have any comments regarding these statements?
    edited December 2014
    Hey Laz,

I have read around and seen people claiming that the damage bonus from Destroyer's Purpose is not working and not giving us 50% damage bonus as it should. I have also read that somehow an IV GWF can crit on IBS for 100k whereas a SM GWF with same stats can only crit for 50k.

According to the Dev G-Crush, it's working fine. Regarding to the IV GWF hitting more than a SM, doesn't make any sense, I mean, in order to make a real comparison between both characters, they need to be in equal situation, it is nonsense to say that a character deals more dmg than another without checking real data. If it were true, everyone would be IV. :)
    fkze9t.jpg
  • nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited December 2014
    Hey Laz,

This difference can make destroyer/sentinel hybrid with 5/5 Executioner´s Style and 5/5 Intimidation..
    Doesnt matter if you are SM or IV, but for this build IV is ofc better..
    Come and Get It (buffed via Intim..) followed by IBS (double buffed via Exe..+ CaGI)..
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    This difference can make destroyer/sentinel hybrid with 5/5 Executioner´s Style and 5/5 Intimidation..
    Doesnt matter if you are SM or IV, but for this build IV is ofc better..
    Come and Get It (buffed via Intim..) followed by IBS (double buffed via Exe..+ CaGI)..

I tested hybrid build with Intimidation and I felt it was very weak, I mean, it does a good burst dmg and it's great for groups where you go around and burst everything in max 2 seconds but fighting Heralds, Tiamat's heads or single target enemies like in ESoT or ELoL I prefer Destroyer. Destroyer isn't ONLY about high crit dmg like IBS/Crescendo going for 500k 600k+ each, etc it is about using the At-Wills properly and this is something that Sentinel lacks.

Can you reach 100k+ Sure Strikes using Intimidation build?

Also, IBS isn't really "buffed" by CaGI, it has his own flat damage which is added to IBS or any other attack, I mean that doesn't matter what attack you use, CaGI will always do the same dmg so when people use it in order to "buff" IBS is a wrong concept. Using an attack after CaGI will show the dmg done + CaGI in the same number, that's why people think that the dmg done by using IBS after CaGI looks higher but instead if you use a different encounter or even an At-Will, the CaGI's flat damage will do the same as if you used it with IBS.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited December 2014
    Hey Laz,

I tested hybrid build with Intimidation and I felt it was very weak, I mean, it does a good burst dmg and it's great for groups where you go around and burst everything in max 2 seconds but fighting Heralds, Tiamat's heads or single target enemies like in ESoT or ELoL I prefer Destroyer. Destroyer isn't ONLY about high crit dmg like IBS/Crescendo going for 500k 600k+ each, etc it is about using the At-Wills properly and this is something that Sentinel lacks.

Can you reach 100k+ Sure Strikes using Intimidation build?

Also, IBS isn't really "buffed" by CaGI, it has his own flat damage which is added to IBS or any other attack, I mean that doesn't matter what attack you use, CaGI will always do the same dmg so when people use it in order to "buff" IBS is a wrong concept. Using an attack after CaGI will show the dmg done + CaGI in the same number, that's why people think that the dmg done by using IBS after CaGI looks higher but instead if you use a different encounter or even an At-Will, the CaGI's flat damage will do the same as if you used it with IBS.
    Ofc you are right Laz. I dont know why he was asking in your topic, but i saw that info with 100k IBS in different topic and it was about PvP hit. So my answer was also connected to PvP build which can do that. It has nothing to do with any PvE build.
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.