test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD 6 guide] Lazalia's High Crit build for PvE GWF Destroyer

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    @Lazaroth Totally off topic but I have to ask! What dye did you use to make such a deep red on your armor? Red dyes and the magma set do not seem near as red as yours. I'm looking for red on my GF, can't find a good one haha. Thanks! :) Great looking guide btw to, going to try this with my GWF after I have my GF down pat.

Haha! Don't worry about it. Indeed is a deeper red, "Nightmare Dye Pack", you can find it in the Trade Bar Merchant or in the AH. Glad to be of help and thank you for passing by. :D
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Haha! Don't worry about it. Indeed is a deeper red, "Nightmare Dye Pack", you can find it in the Trade Bar Merchant or in the AH. Glad to be of help and thank you for passing by. :D

Wow, that's wild. Different armors must take the dyes very differently. I actually tried it and on my draconic armor it looks VERY washed out. This Gf takes care of his armor so that is just a no go. Well Boo@ lol. Thanks :)
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yo Laz!

Yesterday i meet a new type of GWF (hybrid) no true Sent no true Destroyer .
    I have almost the same setup on Sare as y have on Laz.
    He left me in shame on paingiver.
    I was second (ower the CW and SW) but he did amost 3 times more dps then me.

He used P.Flaming D.S and Cagi.(i know it got buffs but wt..?)
    Any idea?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited October 2014
    Yo Laz!

He used P.Flaming D.S and Cagi.
    Any idea?

Hey mate!

The devs broke the Intimidation feat in the Sentinel Tree, so in summary Come and Get It and Daring Shout are like the new Deep Gash, I wrote about it in this thread 1 or 2 pages ago. PvP players are already crying about it, so don't worry, it will be fixed sooner or later, you know how it works :D. I tested it a bit and Destroyer is better for single target but hybrid including this feat seems to be better for AoE but I haven't tested this yet.

• Great Weapon Fighter: Feats: Intimidation: This feat now properly benefits from damage bonuses, crit, and armor penetration. Additionally, it can now be dodged, deflected, and resisted correctly. Original post.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • thecreampiethecreampie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can I ask what your armor transmutaitons are, they look pretty cool :)
  • atrocioushackatrocioushack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Laz, what about using of Vaguard's banner artifact?
    edited October 2014
    Can I ask what your armor transmutaitons are, they look pretty cool :)

Thank you very much :D.

Helm: Draconic.
    Armor, Gauntlets and Greaves: Dread Legion.
    Weapon: Sinister Polearm.
    Dye: Nightmare Dye Pack.
    Laz, what about using of Vaguard's banner artifact?

It is a very good artifact, I used for some time because the stats are very nice for a GWF: HP/Power/Life Steal, I would say is useful while you are gearing up your character because it does increase your survivability, if you use it as 3rd artifact that would be fine as long as you keep DC sigil and Kessell OR Lantern. If you really don't care about your personal DPS, the debuff is also noticeable specially during boss fights.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • fr3akout3fr3akout3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 72
    edited October 2014
    Yo Laz!

Any idea?

That is because some of the other high end gwf are running it and smashing everyones dps. If it's elol or CN. They have double burst dps. It's insane 100k crits per add. 500-700k per group 1 encounter.

Some are planning to solo CN with it. See how it goes :)
  • solamniesolamnie Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This sure looks very nice, especially for a returning GWF who quit after mod 2 :)
    Although, how viable is this build with the blue ioun stone that was "the" companion to get while mod 2 just came out? And with only the epic weapon from 1 of those 3 daily dungeons? Not VT weapon :(
    I do have Avatar of War 4/4 :)
    Also, in that blue ioun stone with 2 offensive and 1 defensive, which stones would you recommend? I'm only able to get about R5, after that I can't guarantee my wallet can afford it :/

P.s. I'm not Looking to be the most awesome ever GWF, just trying to get a nice enough build for doing VT and MC and maybe someday the dungeon from mod 4 :/

Thanks in advance!
  • tranceformationtranceformation Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yo Laz!

Any idea?

Was not me was it Tranceformation on my mean toon with perfect flaming and perfect fireburst :)
    edited October 2014
    solamnie wrote: »
    This sure looks very nice, especially for a returning GWF who quit after mod 2 :)
    Although, how viable is this build with the blue ioun stone that was "the" companion to get while mod 2 just came out? And with only the epic weapon from 1 of those 3 daily dungeons? Not VT weapon :(
    I do have Avatar of War 4/4 :)
    Also, in that blue ioun stone with 2 offensive and 1 defensive, which stones would you recommend? I'm only able to get about R5, after that I can't guarantee my wallet can afford it :/

P.s. I'm not Looking to be the most awesome ever GWF, just trying to get a nice enough build for doing VT and MC and maybe someday the dungeon from mod 4 :/

Thanks in advance!

Ioun stone of Allure is good enough, it's like the one I'm using atm 2 off/1def slots, you can get more power using others but the difference is very small. There are many ways to get a better weapon now: through the Icewind Dale Campaign you can craft the Corrupted Black Ice Great Hammer which is one of our best, VT isn't really hard anymore, as long as you keep playing through the campaigns you will get a good amount of GS thanks to the boons, R7 enchantments are very cheap now and that should be the base of your build.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Awesome man, I will try to get those for transmutations. Did you use nightmare and then some black and red dyes as well right? The nightmare dye alone is some sort of brownish looking dye on its own. Just wondering thanks again !
    edited October 2014
    Awesome man, I will try to get those for transmutations. Did you use nightmare and then some black and red dyes as well right? The nightmare dye alone is some sort of brownish looking dye on its own. Just wondering thanks again !

Hey, that's just nightmare dye pack without applying other colours, yw. :D
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited October 2014
    In what order would you recommend getting the stats? first life steal and then crit? or otehr way around? and armor pen?
    edited October 2014
    In what order would you recommend getting the stats? first life steal and then crit? or otehr way around? and armor pen?

First focus in ArPen up to 24% (keep in mind that CON gives us some resistance ignored as well): 24% - CON % = Total ArPen. Life Steal is your best defensive stat, you can get up to 1.4k for 10% until you get Endless Consumption (Dread Ring last boon) and you can lower it down to 600-800, Power and Crit are the offensive stats, you can try to increase them in a 3:1 ratio.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited October 2014
    With 21 STR, 20 dex and 14 con, and the other 3 stats on 14, and a GWF based on Mod 2 feats and skills, would you recommend buying a complete respec?

Also wouldn't "Staying power" from the destroyer line be very useful as well?
    edited October 2014
    Hey quick question, I'm sitting at about 2850 arp which gives me about 26.5% ignore dmr, and at about 10.2k power. Another gwf the other day sat at about 1500 arp and 12000 power and was out dpsing me. He was had about 2-3m more damage than me the entire run. I don't really remember at what point arp begins to cap. Without buffs my crit stands at 46.5% so I think it is fine. Should I trade one of my arp enchants for a radiant? My next dragon boon will give me +200 arp too, so was just wondering. Thanks
    edited October 2014
    With 21 STR, 20 dex and 14 con, and the other 3 stats on 14, and a GWF based on Mod 2 feats and skills, would you recommend buying a complete respec?

Also wouldn't "Staying power" from the destroyer line be very useful as well?

Hi! sorry for the late reply, regarding to the stats, you should change them only if you are a min/max player otherwise if you are just casual they it won't be necessary at all. "Staying Power" is a very bad feat because it changes the whole mechanic in this build, we can deal much more damage with our At-Wills during Unstoppable.
    Hey quick question, I'm sitting at about 2850 arp which gives me about 26.5% ignore dmr, and at about 10.2k power. Another gwf the other day sat at about 1500 arp and 12000 power and was out dpsing me. He was had about 2-3m more damage than me the entire run. I don't really remember at what point arp begins to cap. Without buffs my crit stands at 46.5% so I think it is fine. Should I trade one of my arp enchants for a radiant? My next dragon boon will give me +200 arp too, so was just wondering. Thanks

Hi, that's too much ArPen, CON gives us additional resistance ignored, it's 1% per each point after 10, so i.e if I have 15 CON that means 5% resistance ignored and we just need 24% for PvE, so I would need only 19% and that's close to 2k ArPen. If you need exact numbers according to your CON, please check this: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Combat starting on "Mitigation and Armor Penetration in Tier 1 and Tier 2".
    Knowing the exact amount of ArPen that you need, you can now fully stack radiant enchantments in your offensive slots, there shouldn't be another kind of enchantment in these slots.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • sorcerer78sorcerer78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Depends on how much CON you have...you need 24% arp in total.
    Move the mouse over your CON stat and see how much damage ignore you have than add that to the % you see when you move the mouse over the arp rating stat and thats the total.
  • skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi again,

I have been using your playstyle and I must say that I never feel I am not doing enough damage even though my build (enchants and boons) is a bit messy right now and definitely needs much improvement. I am waiting to unlock all boons thus far so that I can rearrange my stats.

Alright, so I have a couple of questions for you, I hope you get the time to answer :)

1. I have seen people using AoW 2/4 + Vigilant Warlord 2/4 instead of full AoW, any comments on that?

2. Many times it happens that I go into the fray, use my 3 encounters and get Onslaught buff up. However, I build determination by this point and my instinct in this build is to hit TAB, use WMS once and spam Sure strike. However, it sometimes costs me my Onslaught stacks since I don't use encounter powers to refresh it. What should be my priority? Maintain onslaught buff as much as possible by using maybe restoring strike(fastest animation I think) even during determination or just go on spamming sure strike anyway?
    edited October 2014
    Hi again,

I have been using your playstyle and I must say that I never feel I am not doing enough damage even though my build (enchants and boons) is a bit messy right now and definitely needs much improvement. I am waiting to unlock all boons thus far so that I can rearrange my stats.

Alright, so I have a couple of questions for you, I hope you get the time to answer :)

1. I have seen people using AoW 2/4 + Vigilant Warlord 2/4 instead of full AoW, any comments on that?

2. Many times it happens that I go into the fray, use my 3 encounters and get Onslaught buff up. However, I build determination by this point and my instinct in this build is to hit TAB, use WMS once and spam Sure strike. However, it sometimes costs me my Onslaught stacks since I don't use encounter powers to refresh it. What should be my priority? Maintain onslaught buff as much as possible by using maybe restoring strike(fastest animation I think) even during determination or just go on spamming sure strike anyway?

Hi!

1. I would say that they haven't gathered enough AD to buy the other pieces or they had very bad luck in their T2 runs lol. It's nonsense to wear 2/4 pieces just for the extra stats, whoever is doing this is just trying to inflate the gear score in exchange of poorer perfomance.

2. Use an encounter before hitting tab and use another encounter as finisher (mainly IBS), you shouldn't lose your Onslaught stacks in this way. Always keep your buffs/stacks up.

I'm very glad to know that this is working for you!.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • bottulfbottulf Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for a great guide, lazaroth.

I'm running a suboptimal version (I'm a half-elf and with the strength belt) but still doing better than I had been before :)
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Laz,
    I have an ORC gwf and would like to retrain to fit into your starting stats; and would plan to change my race to human for aesthetic purposes; Does losing 5% crit severity really that huge?. I played CW pve for 7 months now, but the thrill of GWF makes me love the game again, its like a madman who craves more blood "MOOARR" "MOOOAR" "FUS RO DAH!" *coughs* excuse me.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi!

1. I would say that they haven't gathered enough AD to buy the other pieces or they had very bad luck in their T2 runs lol. It's nonsense to wear 2/4 pieces just for the extra stats, whoever is doing this is just trying to inflate the gear score in exchange of poorer perfomance.

2. Use an encounter before hitting tab and use another encounter as finisher (mainly IBS), you shouldn't lose your Onslaught stacks in this way. Always keep your buffs/stacks up.

I'm very glad to know that this is working for you!.

Thank you for your prompt response. I will stick with my 4/4 AoW then, I did a good amount of runs to get them, and I like the look as well. I will bother you again when I have other queries, thanks :)
    edited October 2014
    Hi Laz,
    I have an ORC gwf and would like to retrain to fit into your starting stats; and would plan to change my race to human for aesthetic purposes; Does losing 5% crit severity really that huge?. I played CW pve for 7 months now, but the thrill of GWF makes me love the game again, its like a madman who craves more blood "MOOARR" "MOOOAR" "FUS RO DAH!" *coughs* excuse me.

According to my tests, that 5% crit sev would represent a 3% in your total dmg so that's what you are losing. Human GWF is a bit more tanky or balanced in comparison but viable ofc, we were discussing about it a couple of pages ago. :D
    fkze9t.jpg
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    According to my tests, that 5% crit sev would represent a 3% in your total dmg so that's what you are losing. Human GWF is a bit more tanky or balanced in comparison but viable ofc, we were discussing about it a couple of pages ago. :D

3% is a lot, but looking good while smashing monsters is still a plus ;)
    thank you :D
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi again,

Being Unstoppable doesn't mean forgetting you have encounter powers.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Lazalia,

Great build, very complete, do you mind if I add it to mmominds.com???

Best regards
    Linkingirl
    edited October 2014
    Hi Lazalia,

Great build, very complete, do you mind if I add it to mmominds.com???

Best regards
    Linkingirl

Thank you very much for your kind comments! I'll be very glad if you add it, thanks again and I will greatly appreciate if you send me the link later. :)
    fkze9t.jpg
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you very much for your kind comments! I'll be very glad if you add it, thanks again and I will greatly appreciate if you send me the link later. :)

Hi Lazalia,

Already added your build to mmominds.com.

Thanks for letting me add it :)

Best regards
    Linkingirl
This discussion has been closed.