test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD 6 guide] Lazalia's High Crit build for PvE GWF Destroyer

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    oreonmilk wrote: »
    Been out of the barracks forum for quite some time. Just encountered this build of yours. You sir, sure know well about GWF :)
    This guide should help LOTS of GWF especially the new players in how to properly go DPS build.

Thank you very much! I'm very glad you liked it :)
    Correct. Well, atleast I can go back and change the stats to focus on DEX instead of STR. I don't like going for any race other than humans in RPGs so have to sacrifice on the optimization a little bit. (I think orcs also get extra crit severity) So, what do you think? Given I have enough zen to reroll race is it worth doing it just to change stat focus from STR to DEX?

Yes, focus on DEX because crit % is more important than damage bonus and being human will allow you to have 1 extra point in Weapon Mastery (+1% crit), I consider that human would be like the more balanced version of this build concerning to offensive/defensive, since you have some extra feat points you can add them in Toughness or Armor Specialization, we are a bit squishy so it helps a lot specially when we are starting to gearing up our characters.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited September 2014
    take base ability score from dex and put it on CHA , hf

That's nonsense, sorry. CA damage is a secondary offensive stat that will boost our damage, we can't focus our character on CHA also it would break totally the idea of this build plus a notable decrease in our DPS.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    That's nonsense, sorry. CA damage is a secondary offensive stat that will boost our damage, we can't focus our character on CHA also it would break totally the idea of this build plus a notable decrease in our DPS.

thats not nonsense, even if u hv 4% crit chance or not, it won't make a difference.
    CA applies to crit and non crit damage aswell.

and besides AoW , gwf can go with 2 pieces of corrupted helm and armour /2 pieces of purified arms and feets .. and put the gylphs that give the best damage out of them all . but for playn with that it will cost you some times to refine Black ice and spend AD for Gylphs.
    and before that, people should pay attention at rolls, cuz it's a roll with 20 STR and 10 CHA, that should be picked out and another one that gives 10 in WIS that shouldn't .
    edited September 2014
    thats not nonsense, even if u hv 4% crit chance or not, it won't make a difference.
    CA applies to crit and non crit damage aswell.

and besides AoW , gwf can go with 2 pieces of corrupted helm and armour /2 pieces of purified arms and feets .. and put the gylphs that give the best damage out of them all . but for playn with that it will cost you some times to refine Black ice and spend AD for Gylphs.
    and before that, people should pay attention at rolls, cuz it's a roll with 20 STR and 10 CHA, that should be picked out and another one that gives 10 in WIS that shouldn't .

Yes, it is nonsense for this build: first, you should already know that there are two different CA formulas for non crit and crit damage, CA boost a lot more the damage in the non crit hits, this build is focused in crits, that's why CA is taken as secondary offensive stat.

What's the point about the 2/2 black ice? lol? So you are giving up a lot of power/rec/recharge speed/ap gain for a couple of pieces with offensive stats and other 2 with defensive stats? I've already tested glyphs and no, those does not offer a better DPS for us.

If you think 4% crit means nothing then you have never parsed your damage and how crit does affect it.

Please, post a parse of your build with black ice + full CHA + glyphs and very low crit %, total damage in 2 minutes vs a dummy, if you can't do that please refrain of posting here again.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Yes, it is nonsense for this build: first, you should already know that there are two different CA formulas for non crit and crit damage, CA boost a lot more the damage in the non crit hits, this build is focused in crits, that's why CA is taken as secondary offensive stat.

What's the point about the 2/2 black ice? lol? So you are giving up a lot of power/rec/recharge speed/ap gain for a couple of pieces with offensive stats and other 2 with defensive stats? I've already tested glyphs and no, those does not offer a better DPS for us.

If you think 4% crit means nothing then you have never parsed your damage and how crit does affect it.

Please, post a parse of your build with black ice + full CHA + glyphs and very low crit %, total damage in 2 minutes vs a dummy, if you can't do that please refrain of posting here again.

yeah, nvm m8, you are the greatest.
    edited October 2014
    yeah, nvm m8, you are the greatest.

I'm not the greatest but I like to work toward that goal, everything I have posted here I've tested it several times, even the slightest difference between 1 DEX, 1 STR, 1 CHA while you just said 4% crit means nothing without any kind of proof.

In this crit build 1 DEX is a lot better than 1 STR and lot more than 1 CHA which shouldn't even been taken into consideration, more crit stat and crit % gives more damage than power and damage bonus at this level.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • voidkvltvoidkvlt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    May I ask you what transmuted helm is the one you have equipped?
    edited October 2014
    voidkvlt wrote: »
    May I ask you what transmuted helm is the one you have equipped?

Sure, it's "Draconic Helm" you can find it in The Shores of Tuern Epic Version.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • voidkvltvoidkvlt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    perfect, ty and congrats for your build ;)
  • atrocioushackatrocioushack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Lazalia,
    one more question. What is your advice about combination of right abilities - Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma?
    edited October 2014
    Hi Lazalia,
    one more question. What is your advice about combination of right abilities - Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma?

Hello :)

Stat rolls :
    Primary :16 STR (+2orc)
    Secondary: 12 Con
    Secondary II: 16 Dex (+2orc)
    ABC: 10/10/10 Int Wis Char
    fkze9t.jpg
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just played with this dude. It's rare to be outdps'd in eLoL by a GWF :-) He pulled it off!
    If I ever go back to my GWF - this will be my base to start from.
    edited October 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    Just played with this dude. It's rare to be outdps'd in eLoL by a GWF :-) He pulled it off!
    If I ever go back to my GWF - this will be my base to start from.

Thank you very much for your kind comment! :)
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Update: As usually, trying to fix/buff something the result is a broken feat, now Intimidation (Sentinel Tree) is dealing an absurd damage (like Deep Gash used to be). After a few tests, this high crit build still deal much higher damage in single target than using feated CAGI+DS but in AoE fight the result might be different, I tested Intimidation just a bit in IWD pass and I soloed Prospectors and Motherload HE with ease just using IBS+CAGI+DS, actually IBS feels so weak in comparison to the other that it might be possible to change it for another encounter. Sentinel needed a buff in damage, that's fine but thanks to how this feat is working, you don't need to go deeper into that tree so you are an hybrid, capstones are useless except if you aim for single target dmg like I do. Anyway, PvE isn't really important... Hopefully, after a lot of QQ done by PvP players, it might be tuned down a bit. Destroyers full DPS and Sentinel with moderate dmg kind of support style using: BF+CAGI+DS.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you very much! I'm very glad you liked it :)

Yes, focus on DEX because crit % is more important than damage bonus and being human will allow you to have 1 extra point in Weapon Mastery (+1% crit), I consider that human would be like the more balanced version of this build concerning to offensive/defensive, since you have some extra feat points you can add them in Toughness or Armor Specialization, we are a bit squishy so it helps a lot specially when we are starting to gearing up our characters.

Which would you prefer? Armor specialization or toughness? As a human, I would have 2 points left over after maxing Weapon Mastery. Currently, I have gone for 1 point in Armor and maxed out Unstoppable Action.
    edited October 2014
    Which would you prefer? Armor specialization or toughness? As a human, I would have 2 points left over after maxing Weapon Mastery. Currently, I have gone for 1 point in Armor and maxed out Unstoppable Action.

I didn't add points in Toughness because we will fill our Unstoppable bar faster with lower HP, if we follow the right mechanic U-Action is noticeable. With only 1 point, toughess is a bit more helpful than Armor, nevertheless, in both cases their effect is minimal.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • bluellbluell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i gave your build for crit a try but as youve said with current state of nerfedness im just delet at 18 gs this mornings nerfs made doing dragon dailies impossible withought a player priest dumping heals on me constantly and i cant kill anything like youve said its over i guess there tired making money from thsi game
    edited October 2014
    bluell wrote: »
    i gave your build for crit a try but as youve said with current state of nerfedness im just delet at 18 gs this mornings nerfs made doing dragon dailies impossible withought a player priest dumping heals on me constantly and i cant kill anything like youve said its over i guess there tired making money from thsi game

I think I haven't said that it's over or that we are nerfed but I'm sorry that you are not really having fun with your GWF, with your GS you should be able to do anything, maybe if you post exactly what you did, your gear and a bit about your playstyle, we can do some minor changes that will improve your experience.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • badasssenseibadasssensei Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm new to Neverwinter, i'm currently playing with a GWF. I like the class but i'm not that good in building a decent character gear and feat wise. I also like to get a high crit chance so this guide seems like a good option for me (going to have to start over but that's not really a problem). I'm a bit concerned about the cost though because it looks quite expensive, so i was wondering how many would it cost to make GWF like yours?
    edited October 2014
    I'm new to Neverwinter, i'm currently playing with a GWF. I like the class but i'm not that good in building a decent character gear and feat wise. I also like to get a high crit chance so this guide seems like a good option for me (going to have to start over but that's not really a problem). I'm a bit concerned about the cost though because it looks quite expensive, so i was wondering how many would it cost to make GWF like yours?

I'm replying on his behalf and considering AH prices as of now, 2014/10/4. As for why? I'm interested in it myself 8-D
    Furthermore this calculation assumes buying everything, even the AoW set, belt, et cetera.
    Not appearing in this calculation: Gear that you have to get by crafting/campaign completion (OH, MH)

AoW Set: 2,550,000
    Armor Reinforcement Kits: 520,000
    Jewelry: 5,400
    Belt: 3,850,000
    Underwear: 190,000
    Weapon Enchant: 6,200,000 p.Vorp
    Armor Enchant: 4,000,000 (?) p.Fireburst
    Artifacts: Sigil of the Devoted: 0+3,800,000(RP)+800,000(Marks,Wards); Lantern: 250,000+3,800,800+800,000; Kessel: 3,700,000+3,400,000+550,000
    Artifact Equipment: Weapon: 4,600,000(RP)+100,000(Marks,Wards); Belt: 4,600,000+100,000
    Defensive Enchants: 3*3,000,000 (Azure 10s)
    Offensive Enchants: 10*3,100,000 (Radiant 10s)
    Companion Runestones + Jewelry (Enchants see above): 2*4,900,000 (p.Bonding), 1,700,000 (Eldritch 10), 230,000 (Icon: Faithful, couldn't find Virtuous) [Smiting blessed is a legacy item, probably around 50,000-300,000 if someone puts it up.]
    Companions: Stone (Radiant is a legacy item as well, Dragon stone's AD value is hard to estimate. I'd simply assume...): 1,000,000+750,000 (Upgrade), Erinyes: 3.5k Zen = 1,750,000+750,000; Dancing Blade: 700,000+750,000; Blink Dog: 44,000+500,000+750,000; Intellect Devourer: 400,000+500,000+750,000 (Fire Archon: 860,000, Lightfoot Thief: ~10,000,000[extremely rare], Tomb Spider: 750,000)

So - Grand total iiiiiiiiiis:
    104,139,400 AD (W/o optional companions but oh well)

:-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Edit: If you opt for R7's, LV 60 Artis and limit yourself a bit as for companions you can cut down the cost SIGNIFICANTLY. Sure, performance will suffer quite a bit but my guess is the build turns out to be quite viable still.
    edited October 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    I'm replying on his behalf and considering AH prices as of now, 2014/10/4. As for why? I'm interested in it myself 8-D
    Furthermore this calculation assumes buying everything, even the AoW set, belt, et cetera.
    Not appearing in this calculation: Gear that you have to get by crafting/campaign completion (OH, MH)

AoW Set: 2,550,000
    Armor Reinforcement Kits: 520,000
    Jewelry: 5,400
    Belt: 3,850,000
    Underwear: 190,000
    Weapon Enchant: 6,200,000 p.Vorp
    Armor Enchant: 4,000,000 (?) p.Fireburst
    Artifacts: Sigil of the Devoted: 0+3,800,000(RP)+800,000(Marks,Wards); Lantern: 250,000+3,800,800+800,000; Kessel: 3,700,000+3,400,000+550,000
    Artifact Equipment: Weapon: 4,600,000(RP)+100,000(Marks,Wards); Belt: 4,600,000+100,000
    Defensive Enchants: 3*3,000,000 (Azure 10s)
    Offensive Enchants: 10*3,100,000 (Radiant 10s)
    Companion Runestones + Jewelry (Enchants see above): 2*4,900,000 (p.Bonding), 1,700,000 (Eldritch 10), 230,000 (Icon: Faithful, couldn't find Virtuous) [Smiting blessed is a legacy item, probably around 50,000-300,000 if someone puts it up.]
    Companions: Stone (Radiant is a legacy item as well, Dragon stone's AD value is hard to estimate. I'd simply assume...): 1,000,000+750,000 (Upgrade), Erinyes: 3.5k Zen = 1,750,000+750,000; Dancing Blade: 700,000+750,000; Blink Dog: 44,000+500,000+750,000; Intellect Devourer: 400,000+500,000+750,000 (Fire Archon: 860,000, Lightfoot Thief: ~10,000,000[extremely rare], Tomb Spider: 750,000)

So - Grand total iiiiiiiiiis:
    104,139,400 AD (W/o optional companions but oh well)

:-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Edit: If you opt for R7's, LV 60 Artis and limit yourself a bit as for companions you can cut down the cost SIGNIFICANTLY. Sure, performance will suffer quite a bit but my guess is the build turns out to be quite viable still.

Wow, that is mind blowing. Thank you very much for your calculations.

So Lazaroth666 looking at the total price for this set, it will cost alot of money or alot of time to gather. So i have another question, is this guide still as good when a different kind of gear set is used? I couldn't say what i would use, but maybe that is where your help could come in (: ?
    I thank you in advance.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

You dont need that much ad to be able to have a reliable gwf, you need to read two things : first is about his gameplay and second is about stats distribution. Even with blue gear you can do all t2 content if stats are properly placed and once you get the AoW set you can finish all content. Just have a Lesser Soulforge for armor enchant.
  • sorcerer78sorcerer78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello there,

This is a very nice Build!!!
    I've been using something similar since the deep gash Nerf but I have to admit I only tested in game, doing dungeons and all that stuff. I didn't do any parsing and all that. You have tested with actual numbers and I have a few questions maybe you can help me out.

First of all I'm a human with same rolls as you but +2 to STR instead of DEX (good old deep gash days), I wont change race to move 2 points from STR to DEX atm (I like humans...what can I do :P ).

I went the more "tanky" route with 3/3 Toughness and 3/3 Armor Specialization instead of 5/5 Unstoppable Action (Any idea how much DPS would I gain if I would change to 5/5 Unstoppable Action? and how squishy are you without these two feats?)

From the Dread Ring Boons I took 125 Power+Movement Instead of Crit because I already have 3.800 Crit Rating and I have 13k Power (Which one is more beneficial at this levels?)

From the Icewind Dale Boons I took 250 Stamina Gain instead of 250 Healing Bonus (From what I know the healing bonus only applies to DC/SW heals and pots...I guess this would be a play stile choice and since DC's are a dieing breed and Tempt SW are very rare...any way I would like to hear your thought on this)

I'm running with 2xGreater Berserker's Ring of Cleaving on my Stone of Radiance and I'm close to 1k Life Steal.
    From what I can piece together you have 615 Life steal? is this enough to sustain yourself in skirmish if there is no healer (for example)?
    I use Sigil of the Hunter instead of Lantern to compensate for the Arpen gain from the rings. (Could you post a screen or two with your ratings pls...that would be really helpful).

Thanks a lot for the time you took to put all this together, was a very nice read.
    edited October 2014

So Lazaroth666 looking at the total price for this set, it will cost alot of money or alot of time to gather. So i have another question, is this guide still as good when a different kind of gear set is used? I couldn't say what i would use, but maybe that is where your help could come in (: ?
    I thank you in advance.

What's your budget? And what do you have already?

Generally speaking: Your first goal should be to acquire the AoW set by RUNNING DUNGEONS. This way you'll already get accustomed to the rotations and the overall playstyle. Get an augmented pet ASAP! It greatly helps you hitting all the soft caps. Then you should aim for getting Armor Pen to 24% (including your CON Stat), Lifesteal to at least 800-ish, crit to 40%-ish (including your DEX Stat). Then you can start stacking power and progress with leveling up your artifacts, acquiring Rings of Pain from eLoL, getting your artifact gear (DEX belt will be of minor priority for the start). Along with leveling your artifacts you'll slowly begin replacing Darks/Azures you still might have in your offense slots with Radiants for power. Don't waste any AD on companions - augment asides - before you don't have all Rank7s and all your Artis are on 60+. Speaking of Artis: Feel free to replace Kessel's Spheres with the GWF class Artifact.

That's all off the top of my head. I'm sure Laz can provide much more and better information.
    edited October 2014
    Hi,

I used the race reroll token and now my final stats distribution is 22-14-24 (STR-CON-DEX), but with 18% crit chance from the equipment, I am still getting only 40.2% crit chance (displayed on my character sheet). Counting VA, its just 45.2% compared to 57% that you report. Where am I going wrong? Let me know if you need any additional information to figure this out.
    edited October 2014

wixxgs1chtortzhy did an excellent comment, the guide is mostly about the gameplay and stats distribution not so much about the gear, every player have his own mechanic so I've been able to find a style that I consider (at least for myself) that it fits the way how a GWF should move in the battlefield and that is what I'm trying to share here.

wixxgs1cht already gave you an overview about what should be your immediate goals, keep ArPen up to 24% (including your CON stat, already mentioned) then stack Power, don't be afraid to use a Dark enchantment in your offense slots if needed, companions should be among the last upgrades you want to do to your character, I really like a lot the Kessell's Spheres artifact, each stat is offensive Power/ArPen/CA damage but there is a cheaper version like the Black Ice Beholder Rec/ArPen/CA considering that Rec/Arpen both gives you more Power when we feat Disciple of War in the Destroyer tree. Sigil of the Devoted is free and so far is the best IMO for our primary slot, lantern you will get one for free on lv 22 if I recall properly.
    sorcerer78 wrote: »
    Hello there,

This is a very nice Build!!!
    -snip-

Hello! I'm very glad you liked it!

Human is fine, as I mentioned in a previous post, is it going to work? Yes, ofc. Is it optimal for the build? Not at all. The tanky way works good too, I just took U-Action because I don't have any trouble with HP (I only have 21.5k) nor more defense (armor specialization 3/3 is about 3% DR) so AP gain considering that it's an offensive stat becomes more useful but it's not game changing, barely noticeable, it's just to boost our At-Wills a bit more while we spam SS or WMS during Unstoppable. I don't have any issue with my survivability, we just need to know how far can we go and what we have to dodge, when to use our IBS, etc small details that surely you already know.

If you already have 3.8k crit, 125+ is only 0.25% and after 12k power, each 100 points is around 0.30% so there's not really difference between both at this level but the only way how power can be more beneficial is if it allows you to get to the next % i.e if you have 12948 Power that's 78% damage bonus, you will need 166 more if you want to reach the next lvl 79% 13114, if adding these 125+ you can't get to the next level then it doesn't make any difference and more crit is going to be better.

Incoming healing does work with Restoring Strike, it helps me a lot since I don't play with much HP so usually 1 use = full HP again, it does work with life steal too.

615 life steal, that's correct which is exactly 5%, more than enough because we have Endless Consumption that doesn't have ICD and procs a lot, it's a very useful feat. Thanks to the very good DPS even 5% is a lot. I'll be glad to post a picture with my ratings as soon as I can check my character in-game, I will update the first posts with it.

Finally, I don't find necessary at all the Sigil of the hunter due to the recovery but the good thing about the ton of gear that we have is that we can change some stats here and there and in the end is the same, as long as you have around 1.65k rec max, that's more than enough, regarding to the stamina gain Restoring Strike is already helping us with it, I would prefer to max out my damage with CA or AP Gain with the Thayan Book of the Dead.

I hope you find some of this information very useful and thanks a lot for passing by!
    Hi,

I used the race reroll token and now my final stats distribution is 22-14-24 (STR-CON-DEX), but with 18% crit chance from the equipment, I am still getting only 40.2% crit chance (displayed on my character sheet). Counting VA, its just 45.2% compared to 57% that you report. Where am I going wrong? Let me know if you need any additional information to figure this out.

Very nice! Now include Weapon Master (class feature) for extra 7.5% and the Legendary Belt with +4 DEX for extra 4% Critical chance, that's how you get 57%.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited October 2014
    wixxgs1chtortzhy did an excellent comment, the guide is mostly about the gameplay and stats distribution not so much about the gear, every player have his own mechanic so I've been able to find a style that I consider (at least for myself) that it fits the way how a GWF should move in the battlefield and that is what I'm trying to share here.

wixxgs1cht already gave you an overview about what should be your immediate goals, keep ArPen up to 24% (including your CON stat, already mentioned) then stack Power, don't be afraid to use a Dark enchantment in your offense slots if needed, companions should be among the last upgrades you want to do to your character, I really like a lot the Kessell's Spheres artifact, each stat is offensive Power/ArPen/CA damage but there is a cheaper version like the Black Ice Beholder Rec/ArPen/CA considering that Rec/Arpen both gives you more Power when we feat Disciple of War in the Destroyer tree. Sigil of the Devoted is free and so far is the best IMO for our primary slot, lantern you will get one for free on lv 22 if I recall properly.

lazaroth666wixxgs1chtortzhy for your reply's they are all very usefull. Now i'll need to get up to 60 and keep your advice in mind. Thanks again.
    edited October 2014
    Hi again,

I currently have a level 60 sigil of the devoted, level 22 sigil of the GWF, level 59 (ready to upgrade) lantern of revelation. Considering that I want to go for the long term rather than the short, and if AD was no bar what would be the most ideal setup of artifacts?

I read through the posts and everything but now I am hyper confused between kessels and thayan for the last slot, or if I should just use the lantern as RP for thayan+kessel+devoted sigil combo?
    edited October 2014
    Hi again,

I currently have a level 60 sigil of the devoted, level 22 sigil of the GWF, level 59 (ready to upgrade) lantern of revelation. Considering that I want to go for the long term rather than the short, and if AD was no bar what would be the most ideal setup of artifacts?

I read through the posts and everything but now I am hyper confused between kessels and thayan for the last slot, or if I should just use the lantern as RP for thayan+kessel+devoted sigil combo?

Hi!

Actually, I'm using Sigil of the Devoted + Kessel + Lantern, I was using the book instead of the lantern since the stats are very similar but in the end I had preference for the lantern due to the extra CA damage. My current setup is very good for long term.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    @Lazaroth Totally off topic but I have to ask! What dye did you use to make such a deep red on your armor? Red dyes and the magma set do not seem near as red as yours. I'm looking for red on my GF, can't find a good one haha. Thanks! :) Great looking guide btw to, going to try this with my GWF after I have my GF down pat.
This discussion has been closed.