test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The AD/Zen Exchange

Comments

• Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    l0th4ri0 wrote: »
    Okay then. Cryptic or Technology in general. We still have learned that about 20% of the backlog is active enough on the forums to have spotted the announcement by Akro last night.

How many people could have seen this? Akro posted it somewhere around 9pm eastern time, and it was only 12 hoursish later that the maintenance ran. 20% of the backlog vanished in that 12 hours. So are the forums really that busy, or is it a fact that a minimum number of people hold a minimum of 1 billion worth of AD in the backlog?

Only takes one person on the forum to see it and then announce it in game... I heard about it in game on the Legit before I saw it on the forums.
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Remember forumites tell the people they know, so everyone that pulled didn't have to be on the forums, just know someone that was.

True. Maybe I should turn the analysis around and marvel at how 80% of the backlog is held by people who aren't paying attention. :)
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The ZAX was restored 1:30h ago and the backlog is already 6.4M and growing. It was a little less than 10M when the maintenance was announced, which means it is very active. I'm sure it will be closer to where it was before in a few hours.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    The ZAX was restored 1:30h ago and the backlog is already 6.4M and growing. It was a little less than 10M when the maintenance was announced, which means it is very active. I'm sure it will be closer to where it was before in a few hours.

I'm going to laugh (beats crying) if it ends up higher after this.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I'm still waiting to hear on those odds... anybody? How long until zen-bought coal wards are BOP? :)
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I wouldn't doubt it because the people who had listing up probably have more AD now so when re-listing they might as well just list more now that they were probably waiting till they received to re-list.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Hmmm....I don't really think it made a very big difference in resetting it....at least it does not look that way.

Why would it? There is really no reason.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I can see how resetting COULD have affected the size of the backlog IF

* A significant amount of the backlog was held by people who had been recently banned or put on probation
    * The account maintenance somehow afforded the devs the opportunity to go through records and find people to ban/probation that they could not find otherwise
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I can see how resetting COULD have affected the size of the backlog IF

* A significant amount of the backlog was held by people who had been recently banned or put on probation
    * The account maintenance somehow afforded the devs the opportunity to go through records and find people to ban/probation that they could not find otherwise

Both "ifs" are obviously not the case here.
    What can I say, I'm glad I managed to re-order zen when the backlog was "only" 2m, which means I'll be proly waiting only 2 days or so.
  • Options
    geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How many people could have seen this? Akro posted it somewhere around 9pm eastern time, and it was only 12 hoursish later that the maintenance ran. 20% of the backlog vanished in that 12 hours. So are the forums really that busy, or is it a fact that a minimum number of people hold a minimum of 1 billion worth of AD in the backlog?

Is there anything wrong with players putting their billions AD in the AH if they want?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    geeq5 wrote: »
    Is there anything wrong with players putting their billions AD in the AH if they want?

If they are using it to clog the ZAX and purposefully adding to the backlog and keeping inflation sky-high, then yes, I have a problem with it. I have even gone so far in this very thread to challenge the morality of people who do this. There is no reason not to assume that a number of these people are either in league with goldspammers or are in fact the goldspammers themselves.

But that is baseless conjecture. It makes logical sense, but I have no proof. If a player has legitimately earned massive AD and is using it in a manner that does not screw others over or add to the current misery of the system, then I applaud him/her.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    But that is baseless conjecture. It makes logical sense, but I have no proof. If a player has legitimately earned massive AD and is using it in a manner that does not screw others over or add to the current misery of the system, then I applaud him/her.

That what i thought, and it makes no logical sense to make senseless assumptions, if you have no proof of something then dont utter it as if it a fact.
    And if i can use a system to better myself, without exploiting, why should i care about you and not do it? you guys need to stop living in your fairy fantasy and face reality.

You should stop contributing in this thread, you are making little to no sense in the debate.
    It peeple like you that bash others, when in reality if you could afford to do the samething these guys are doing you will do it aswell, the only reason you are so pissed off is because this time you couldnt get aboard the bandwagon.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Its slowed down significantly and is struggling to make it past 8 million. It might get as high as 9 before stopping completely, but I dont see it going much beyond that.

That pretty much will put it on par with where it was before the reset.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That what i thought, and it makes no logical sense to make senseless assumptions, if you have no proof of something then dont utter it as if it a fact.
    And if i can use a system to better myself, without exploiting, why should i care about you and not do it? you guys need to stop living in your fairy fantasy and face reality.

You should stop contributing in this thread, you are making little to no sense in the debate.
    It peeple like you that bash others, when in reality if you could afford to do the samething these guys are doing you will do it aswell, the only reason you are so pissed off is because this time you couldnt get aboard the bandwagon.

No, not everyone is morally bankrupt. I could exploit the zax cap loophole but I won't.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

LOL I could very well do this. If you have read any of my posts, you can see that I understand the process quite well. What stays my hand is not an inability to perform, but an unwillingness to exploit. There is a real qualitative difference there.

I once leveled a GF without using a shield. (this was back before mod 1) That's the kind of person you are talking to. I am not looking for easy street, even though there are signs for it plastered all over the place.

As far as my baseless assumptions and no proof: I also have no actual literal proof that goldspammers even exist. For all I have compiled as information, at no point have I ever witnessed someone purchasing AD from a 3rd party vendor. ALL of the ingame exploits are likewise heresay as far as I know for sure. I vaguely know what Caturday supposedly was. And yet, I have the wherewithal to make this ENORMOUS leap of faith and assume that all those spammers in PE are not there to play jokes on people and those websites they advertise don't really exist.

Boy, what nerve I must have. To assume so much. :)
  • Options
    maroon89maroon89 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just because you "can" do something, doesn't mean you "should". SMH :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    LOL I could very well do this. If you have read any of my posts, you can see that I understand the process quite well. What stays my hand is not an inability to perform, but an unwillingness to exploit. There is a real qualitative difference there.

I once leveled a GF without using a shield. (this was back before mod 1) That's the kind of person you are talking to. I am not looking for easy street, even though there are signs for it plastered all over the place.

As far as my baseless assumptions and no proof: I also have no actual literal proof that goldspammers even exist. For all I have compiled as information, at no point have I ever witnessed someone purchasing AD from a 3rd party vendor. ALL of the ingame exploits are likewise heresay as far as I know for sure. I vaguely know what Caturday supposedly was. And yet, I have the wherewithal to make this ENORMOUS leap of faith and assume that all those spammers in PE are not there to play jokes on people and those websites they advertise don't really exist.

Boy, what nerve I must have. To assume so much. :)

K then, Do what you want, and let others do what they want, and dont judge anybody, as if they are doing something wrong.
    Let the ones that make their money, make their money, you dont do such things? then stfu and ignore them.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    snip
    Getting away with murdering your ex-partner is quite easy if you use your head and don't panic along the way, but that doesn't make it right or beneficial.

Puhh, ever heard of alimony?
    jk ;)

the Zax reset today, and the auction tomorrow - i feel change a'coming.. lol
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    K then, Do what you want, and let others do what they want, and dont judge anybody, as if they are doing something wrong.
    Let the ones that make their money, make their money, you dont do such things? then stfu and ignore them.

So let me get this straight: I should stop pointing out the exploits and mischief that is harming the game for everyone because I'm not one of the people running the exploit?

LOL just give up, man. You started from an entirely indefensible position to begin with, so it's not even your fault, really. Even the people running the ZAX loop know they're not going to be able to do it forever -- once the backlog's gone it's game over. And if your thing to make AD in this game is wholly dependent upon the economy being completely borked... well, there's something a bit off about that.

It's like all the robber barons on the NYSE that cashed in on the American Recession. Hey, as long as the economy is in the toilet, they're making billions! LOL Those are the kind of people you are standing up for, man. Get a clue. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No, not everyone is morally bankrupt. I could exploit the zax cap loophole but I won't.

why not, you might even be rewarded with a special pet for it
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    `
    So let me get this straight: I should stop pointing out the exploits

Again for the last time, this isnt an exploit, Trading is an essential part of the game. get your facts straight.
    players have been trading since the begining of the game, the only thing now is that they are making more profit than they used to.

Dont you feel a little bit silly going around calling this an exploit?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Dont you feel a little bit silly going around calling this an exploit?

No. I've explained why this can be considered an exploit several times already. You obviously do not agree with my assessment.

So....

Anything else?
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, backlog is back up to only 7.5 million.

So that worked well.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    No. I've explained why this can be considered an exploit several times already. You obviously do not agree with my assessment.

So....

Anything else?

Moderator Notice:

If one thinks something is an Exploit, DO NOT post it on our forums and do not insinuate such on our forums. The Rules of Conduct prohibit such, whether what one insinuates is an exploit or not.
    Instead, contact Support or file a Bug Report. Posting about Exploits or Exploiters will lump said person with them, as spreading public information about Exploits is considered to be just as bad as Exploiting in itself.

Consider this part of the topic (exploiting) to be done. If anyone has further words to say on the matter, use Private Messages or contact Support. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, backlog is back up to only 7.5 million.

So that worked well.

Wait til tomorrow, when the players from that other part of the world wake up.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Interestingly, the backlog growth graph appears to be slowing.. I wonder if the asymptote will indeed be a good deal lower than 10 million? Did a bunch of people get probation/banned after all? Hmmm... needs more time to say for sure.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chaostheorysevenchaostheoryseven Member Posts: 84
    edited September 2014
    This just in: When you forcefully cancel a someone's Zen listing, they will put it up again for pretty much the same amount. More details at 9 along with the stunning report on how water cures thirst.
    I love to burst bubbles.
This discussion has been closed.