test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The AD/Zen Exchange

ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey there, Im just asking a friendly question here to solve our endless anxious wondering ^_^...
Are you guys working on a way to solve the months of waiting only to receive some Zen you exchanged for Astral Diamonds in the Exchange due to the 13 million in demand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    From Cryptics point of view, nothing is broken.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ghostragec wrote: »
    Hey there, Im just asking a friendly question here to solve our endless anxious wondering ^_^...
    Are you guys working on a way to solve the months of waiting only to receive some Zen you exchanged for Astral Diamonds in the Exchange due to the 13 million in demand?

What is there to solve? I mean really. The market is controlled by the players, the players are the one that have decided that the zen is now worth 500 diamonds. I am sorry if you think that is unfair though.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1. the backlog is going down. It's down to around 11.5 last time I checked.

2. It takes about one day per million of backlog. So around 11.5 days. Not months.
  • wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014

this is simple, if no player sell zen, then you wait half a month or a month
    player is the one who sell zen
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The wait is not months. Maybe one month at the most, based on others responses on the forums.

Anyway, it's not going to change anytime soon. The only options are (1) have patience and wait for your order to fill in about 3 weeks or (2) buy some Zen and convert to AD.

They have to make money somewhere and they do that by selling Zen. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have been waiting 5 months just for 5K zen so yea :'(
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's around 2 weeks and holding. Very reasonable at this stage in the game.

edit: 5 monthes? what is at 500/1? mine have been filling out all at ~2 weeks.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited August 2014
    1. the backlog is going down. It's down to around 11.5 last time I checked.

2. It takes about one day per million of backlog. So around 11.5 days. Not months.

i do get my zen that i order in 14 or 15 days im not sure the exact, but that was more than a week ago. i guess now you need to wait like 3 weeks or so
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Unless you have been taking it down, and reposting it, you cannot have been waiting 5 months.

Or, it was filled, and is sitting in the shared exchange balance.
    edited August 2014

If you put it up for anything less than 500 per zen, you're probably not going to get it filled for a very. Very. VERY long time. You HAVE to pay 500 AD per zen if you expect to ever get any.

If you've put up zen at 500 and have been waiting that long, I'm willing to bet you've taken it down and put it back up. It HAS to stay in the queue if it's ever going to get filled, because it's first come, first served.

If you put it up at 500 zen apiece, you will have your Zen within two weeks. Closer to 11 days.
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I'm over 25 days of waiting now. And yes, that's at 500AD/zen.

It's NEVER taken that long for it to go through the queue. Everyone else who's put up offers within that time window could've had theirs filled twice over by now. If you're telling the truth, submit a bug report. That's the only other way it could possibly be taking that long.

Wait, there's a chance you might also be on probation, which disables the ZAX. Have you bought zen with real money recently?
  • nwnplayer1nwnplayer1 Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2014
    uh..... is everything Zen? I don't think so?
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    I'm over 25 days of waiting now. And yes, that's at 500AD/zen. No takedowns. In fact I added a few offers later on.

I recall you saying in another thread that you were waiting on an order from the 4th. I put one in on that day too and had it through a few days ago. I've also had my order from the 8th through.

If it is first come, first served, there's a problem somewhere along the lines as you should've had it.
  • furycury82furycury82 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why put a limit on the AD towards Zen? If its an open market, make it an open market. Those willing to overpay should be able to get the zen faster. <capitalism> Why put a cap on how much someone can offer towards what they want? If that's the case, the auction house should have limits also.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nwnplayer1 wrote: »
    uh..... is everything Zen? I don't think so?

LOL! Classic - nice response! :D
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    litaaers wrote: »
    Unless you have been taking it down, and reposting it, you cannot have been waiting 5 months.

Or, it was filled, and is sitting in the shared exchange balance.

or he could be posting it at something below 500 per, but only he knows why :/.
    edited August 2014
    furycury82 wrote: »
    Why put a limit on the AD towards Zen? If its an open market, make it an open market. Those willing to overpay should be able to get the zen faster. <capitalism> Why put a cap on how much someone can offer towards what they want? If that's the case, the auction house should have limits also.

While normally I'd agree, with the fact that there's been so much exploiting in the past that generated millions upon millions of AD, I'm kind of glad there's a cap on the AD/zen exchange rate. With the people who exploited buying up the zen and skyrocketing the price (and trust me, there's a lot who did not get caught) suddenly no one would be able to afford it.

There is a cap on the AH, it's just really high (100 million).
  • ashworthrd99ashworthrd99 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014

There is no limit/no cap on how much you HAVE to pay AD/ZEN. But when there is a 11mil backlog on 1zen/500ad then those will get filled before the 1zen/499ad. Its just how it works. So if you put up for anything less than 500ad per 1 zen then plan to be waiting a very very long time for that order to get filled. Welcome to the open market you speak of.
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While normally I'd agree, with the fact that there's been so much exploiting in the past that generated millions upon millions of AD, I'm kind of glad there's a cap on the AD/zen exchange rate. With the people who exploited buying up the zen and skyrocketing the price (and trust me, there's a lot who did not get caught) suddenly no one would be able to afford it.

There is a cap on the AH, it's just really high (100 million).

This sums it up nicely.

There are still a few things the devs can do to tweak the economy, so it may come to pass that the ZAX gets itself sorted out eventually.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    First of all, do you have confirmation that Cryptic is horrified at how the zax is? Paying customers still get their AD. F2P players can still get zen after a while.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014

It's for the best, imagine what it would be like now if it wasn't. When you could get free ad for months that wouldn't be good for the economy.
    edited August 2014
    It's around 2 weeks and holding. Very reasonable at this stage in the game.

edit: 5 monthes? what is at 500/1? mine have been filling out all at ~2 weeks.
    I'm over 25 days of waiting now. And yes, that's at 500AD/zen. No takedowns. In fact I added a few offers later on.

im not sure why you need 25 days of waiting, i notice over 2 millions of zen demand are filled and only 11mil + only left. you said you added more offer right? maybe you accidentally cancel it and rebuy?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic HAVE done something, and they are still doing things:
    * With mod 4 AD has become hugely more valuable. You need AD to buy gear to feed the weapon/belt artifacts. And since 10% of what passes through the AH is removed, all AD sales work as AD sink.
    * The prices on the AD vendor is somewhat reduced with this patch, which should mean more AD will go into buying those. And those are straight AD sinks.

It seems to be working, as the Zen backlog is falling with 0.1 - 0.2 M a day now. Soon we will have the Zen rate down below 1:500 again.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does Cryptic do any of this with AD or its currencies? They must.

http://www.alteraeon.com/articles/gold-balancing-in-mmos.html

Tracking for all gold sources and sinks
    Real-time/live gold statistics
    Logging for unexpected or 'dangerous' gold changes
    Large gold changes, even valid transactions, trigger sanity check warnings
    A single global value representing all gold in circulation

All sources and sinks should be tracked.
    Autocalculate all or nearly all gold creation.
    Adjust specific types of gold drop based on usage.
    Limit gold hoarding. Inflation is one way to do this, taxes are another.
    Use global controllers with feedback for long term stability.

Or is none of this viable in large MMOs anymore? How does adding real money into the equation effect these things?

EDIT: Now think about this. IF Cryptic responded to exploits in an expedited manner and was able to remove large amounts of that AD. WE created all that AD. Or bots did.

Getting rid of bots is going to help. But the zax at 500/1 is at the maximum position for them to profit w/o raising the cap.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • poisoncloverspoisonclovers Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so would'nt paying more then the 500 put you at the top of the list therefore fill your order faster?
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's down to 11.2mil backlog now. The backlog has been steadily decreasing for a couple of weeks now. Been watching it fairly closely. It'll creep back up a little on the weekends and then start decreasing again during the week. Just gotta be patient.
  • dragonknightgrdragonknightgr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Some say that ZAX is affected only by players and they are responsible to balance it... im ok with that.. BUT... when there are exploits that allow some people to overflow tha ZAX with ADs.. cryptic has a part on it and they should take some actions to help us balance it faster...

There is ONE simple change that will help us take down this Backlog faster.. Make Zen Market Products Bound To Account .. Many players that have ZEN on their hands are taking advantage of the situation and instead of directly exchange their ZEN for ADs, they buy items from ZEN market and sell them at AH for a way higher rate than 1/500.. I've found items that cost 1500 ZEN (750.000 AD if 1/500) in market for 1.300.000 AD in AH and going up..

So there is a large amount of ZEN that become AD through AH instead of ZAX at a much higher rate than the 1/500 cryptic set as ideal max for the economy to work..! And still all the exploit abusers dont have problem to pay double AD to get what they want.. but normal players cannot afford the prices at AH... And others have to deal with 2 weeks waiting list to get a Character Slot...

Make All Zen Market Products Bound To Account.. Over & Out
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    B]Make All Zen Market Products Bound To Account.. Over & Out[/B]

Very true that this will immediately have a positive affect on the ZAX as far as trades go.

However, it will have a detrimental affect on the Zen Market sales volume, reducing the want for Zen, reducing the sale of Zen.

Astral Diamonds are a synthetic trading token that is a player-only option and completely useless otherwise. Zen is a cash-value token that is a very real revenue-generating currency. Therefore, which do you imagine is (perhaps thousands of times) more important to the company as a going concern?

Hence, though your idea (which is not original and has been proffered again and again over months) will never come to fruition. Because it's really bad business sense to do so.

//justsaying.
  • dragonknightgrdragonknightgr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very true that this will immediately have a positive affect on the ZAX as far as trades go.

However, it will have a detrimental affect on the Zen Market sales volume, reducing the want for Zen, reducing the sale of Zen.

Astral Diamonds are a synthetic trading token that is a player-only option and completely useless otherwise. Zen is a cash-value token that is a very real revenue-generating currency. Therefore, which do you imagine is (perhaps thousands of times) more important to the company as a going concern?

Hence, though your idea (which is not original and has been proffered again and again over months) will never come to fruition. Because it's really bad business sense to do so.

//justsaying.

I dont understad why making Zen Market products Bound to Account will affect real money Zen buyers and the Company... If i have real money to buy a booster pack or a mount why do i care if its bound to account... i buy it for ME..! if i want to get AD with my real money ZEN i use ZAX and get them... I dont think all that time that the ZAX was working fine, someone was paying real money to buy a Ward and put it for sale at AH.. there was no point doing that when all players could trade their AD for ZEN in seconds and buy it themselves in the actual price..

And how excactly it reduces the want of ZEN..? if all that zen market items dont flood the AH.. my only way to get them is to get ZEN..! that increases the want for ZEN..

Anyway I cannot understand the problem for the Company from making all Zen Market products Bound to Account.. But if there is one then why they dont just do what magenubbie said:
    Agreed. a better solution would be making all converted zen-purchases BoA, and leave the real zen purchases untouched.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'll like to add again that items from the zen store being unbound allows us to buy lesser bonding runestones for cheap. They are pretty awesome and highly cost effective for the stats alone. Bind the zen market and noone benefits. You just added a restriction.
This discussion has been closed.