What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The AD/Zen Exchange

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow , the backlog is now below 9 million so either some people are withdrawing bids and hiding AD or people are just paranoid that their AD will go poof when the exchange is reset so are taking it out xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Wow , the backlog is now below 9 million so either some people are withdrawing bids and hiding AD or people are just paranoid that their AD will go poof when the exchange is reset so are taking it out xD

I've heard a lot of people talking and saying they were afraid it would go poof because they didn't trust that it would be done right.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of people talking and saying they were afraid it would go poof because they didn't trust that it would be done right.

What does it say about Cryptic that people can't trust their AD with them. lol
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Reset won't change anything, it'll be just annoying for people who waited long in the queue already. on the other hand, some other can get lucky.
    I don't think the event will have much of an impact on the economy. There are only 5 companions, even if they sell for 100m, it's just a drop in the ocean.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    Reset won't change anything, it'll be just annoying for people who waited long in the queue already. on the other hand, some other can get lucky.
    I don't think the event will have much of an impact on the economy. There are only 5 companions, even if they sell for 100m, it's just a drop in the ocean.

5 companions at 100 million is 500 million AD or 1 million ZEN equivalent.

Not a huge deal but still the equivalent of reasonable fraction of the backlog.
  • Options
    harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Oddly enough only about a mil worth of zen has been withdrawn so far. Guess people either aren't that afraid after all or there is indeed quite a bit of AD floating around from banned accounts.

I'm sure that a large percentage of that AD is owned by people who don't use the forums and are likely not aware of the impending exchange reset. I say that since it would simply be prudent to get whatever AD you owned off the exchange and it's a simple thing to do.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm one of them. I took my bid down myself just in case. I've seen enough bugs in this game after maintenance that I'd rather not trust them to keep my AD balance. At least now I'm sure I still have my AD :)

Ouch. Would *NOT* have done that. I'm still remembering a past maintenance where they said the AH would be reset. Everything that had a bid on it was suppose to be sold. Other auctions were to be closed and returned to the seller. People went through placing min bids on everything. Some pulled their stuff down. While others had friends or alt-accounts bid their stuff up to a reasonable point. Lots complained. After all that fuss nothing happened. No auctions were closed. When people asked about it, they said they found a way to do what they needed without resetting the AH. Then even more complained about them not doing it.

IDK, hopefully whatever they are doing here works. But I wouldn't have pulled my stuff down. They might decide not to go through with it.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The fact the exchange is getting wiped, doesn't mean that in the first few hours people won't re-post their offers. I know I will.

And me.

Funnily enough, an order I had in for 375 Zen was filled when I logged in after reading this thread earlier today. It had been up for a while, but nowhere near three weeks. The backlog was below 9 million as well.

I cancelled my other order for 525 Zen just before logging out at about 14:15 BST. 45 minutes before the maintenance. Maybe I should not have done that, but I'll put it back up as soon as I get back in.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lol, backlog already at 3 mil AD and raising by 20k/sec.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    4 minutes up, and back to 3 million already. Should be back to 10 million again within the hour.
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    4.4 mil and climbing...
  • Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    LOL the Zen backlog tracker didn't even get a chance to register a zero on the graph because when the maintenance ended, so many people reposted their orders so quickly that the backlog had already hit 2 Million zen before the tracker ran.

It's up over 5 million now.

PS anybody wanna take bets on whether or not more zen store items get bound eventually? Somebody gimme odds I'm feelin' lucky. :)
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    only 5.5mil now... they should check zax logs to check who is doing this @&lt;font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>#
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    What is wrong with posting a Zen offer? There was 8 Million something before they cleared it, I don't see any reason it wouldn't go back to that number after the original posters figure out their request was cleared.
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • Options
    chaostheorysevenchaostheoryseven Member Posts: 84
    edited September 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    only 5.5mil now... they should check zax logs to check who is doing this @&lt;font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>#
    Virtually everyone who had orders up prior to the patch put them back up right away upon logging in after the patch . As did I.
    I don't understand why you automatically assume there's something shady going on.

What happened today will have next to no effect on the backlog size. That was obvious before it was even executed.
    I love to burst bubbles.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I know I put my order back in shortly after the server came back up. I imagine that I am not the only one. Regardless, the ZAX clearing wasn't meant to "fix" this. It was a by-product of how the account maintenance affected Neverwinter's ZAX and was needed to ensure no one lost AD or Zen.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I know I put my order back in shortly after the server came back up. I imagine that I am not the only one.

*the old mage winks*

I most certainly did as well. And apparently I got in fast/lucky (think I posted with around 2-300k already there) and I've already gotten both of my orders filled. w00t w00t!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    I most certainly did as well. And apparently I got in fast/lucky (think I posted with around 2-300k already there) and I've already gotten both of my orders filled. w00t w00t!
    Nice! I'm hoping mine will have been filled by the time I have time to log in again (soon).
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, there's no reason not to assume that the backlog won't be back up over 10 million zen once everyone gets their stuff relisted. The only reason it dipped down to almost 8 million last night was because of folks worried their AD would go poof during maintenance that withdrew their offers early.

Interestingly, this tells us that around 2 million zen of the backlog is held by forumites who don't trust Cryptic. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    l0th4ri0 wrote: »
    Yeah, there's no reason not to assume that the backlog won't be back up over 10 million zen once everyone gets their stuff relisted. The only reason it dipped down to almost 8 million last night was because of folks worried their AD would go poof during maintenance that withdrew their offers early.

Interestingly, this tells us that around 2 million zen of the backlog is held by forumites who don't trust Cryptic. :D
    I took mine down before I logged last night just in case, which I'd have done no matter what company ran the game. It's not that I don't trust Cryptic or PWE, it's that I don't trust technology, period.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The growth rate seems to have slowed significantly.
    I'm going to be optimistic and not expect a climb back to 10m.
    Though it is still the middle of the day, so who knows.
  • Options
    maroon89maroon89 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dang! 6 mil. :eek:

Bleh. Here's hoping it stops about where it was. Hopefully we'll still see a sustained drop after everyone reposts orders.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    The wait is not months. Maybe one month at the most, based on others responses on the forums.

The wait is nothing like a month , I ordered 5k zen on the exchange on the 26th of last month and got the zen sometime between logging off last night and logging in today so it was a 10 day wait before the patch today.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I took mine down before I logged last night just in case, which I'd have done no matter what company ran the game. It's not that I don't trust Cryptic or PWE, it's that I don't trust technology, period.

Okay then. Cryptic or Technology in general. We still have learned that about 20% of the backlog is active enough on the forums to have spotted the announcement by Akro last night.

How many people could have seen this? Akro posted it somewhere around 9pm eastern time, and it was only 12 hoursish later that the maintenance ran. 20% of the backlog vanished in that 12 hours. So are the forums really that busy, or is it a fact that a minimum number of people hold a minimum of 1 billion worth of AD in the backlog?
  • Options
    maroon89maroon89 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The wait is nothing like a month , I ordered 5k zen on the exchange on the 26th of last month and got the zen sometime between logging off last night and logging in today so it was a 10 day wait before the patch today.

Yep, mine was a ten day wait also. Only for 500 zen though. Wanted more char slots.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm just happy to see it's still a buyer's market.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    l0th4ri0 wrote: »
    Okay then. Cryptic or Technology in general. We still have learned that about 20% of the backlog is active enough on the forums to have spotted the announcement by Akro last night.

How many people could have seen this? Akro posted it somewhere around 9pm eastern time, and it was only 12 hoursish later that the maintenance ran. 20% of the backlog vanished in that 12 hours. So are the forums really that busy, or is it a fact that a minimum number of people hold a minimum of 1 billion worth of AD in the backlog?

Remember forumites tell the people they know, so everyone that pulled didn't have to be on the forums, just know someone that was.
This discussion has been closed.