test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server outage 8/28/14

Comments

• Options
    shatteredspoonshatteredspoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am a broken spoon.. Have I been a vital part of this Evil Danmordes scheme?
    Have I doomed us all?
    Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it~
  • Options
    ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2014
    02:41 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA ) one of those in danger from the Boredom is reporting it managed to get inside his house, but got trapped beneath their bed. He also reports feeling the pull of sleep. I can only impress upon the danger this would bring about. Asleep you have no defenses. Sleepiness is one symptom of the Boredom wearing on you. Shattered, do not fall asleep. I fear it would be akin to Freddy Krueger movies. You musn't fall asleep. Go drink some coffee, or soda. Do not fall asleep. I heard from Passion finally. She says they're learning. We must too learn from them. It appears the Boredom got her. I pray it was quick and painless.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Re: American Date Format: It is the American way to do everything faster. In the olden days, it took too long to have to say and write out, "The Twenty Third of July in the Year of our Lord, Nineteen Seventy Eight." It's much faster to just say, "July Twenty Third, Nineteen Seventy Eight." We abbreviate and reduce everything here.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    According to the Facebook post edited 12 mins ago, there is an ESTIMATED downtime of another 2 hours from now
  • Options
    danmordedanmorde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited August 2014
    ariakaitu wrote: »
    O.o o......kay then. please... continue

With the world in chaos and darknezz and other evil things Danmorde thought to himself. Now what? I have triumphed. Everything is evil now. Ive worked so hard for this...and now....Im bored...

After thinking about it for about a second or two, he decided he liked this boredom. He liked how it made him feel. Especially since he knew how bored everyone else must be. It was a dark, glorious joyous feeling. Full of life, hapyyness and sunshine.

It had to be destroyed.

For the sake of evil.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    It is the American way to do everything faster. In the olden days, it took too long to have to say and write out, "The Twenty Third of July in the Year of Nineteen Seventy Eight." It's much faster to just say, "June Twenty Third, Nineteen Seventy Eight."

Maaaaan, we left that argument behind ten pages back :P
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    According to the Facebook post edited 12 mins ago, there is an ESTIMATED downtime of another 2 hours from now

Server will be back up .. relax
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    danmorde wrote: »
    In shock by the sudden disappearance of his pass time hobby, the mighty and Evil Danmorde decided enough is enough. Slowly he pulled out the dead gerbil from out of the hat. Placed it on top of an empty can of energy drink left there by a broken spoon. he watched it intensly for about 10 minutes. Nothing interesting happened. All hope was lost. Now there was only darkness and evilness.
    He had triumphed!

Do NOT go gentle into that good night Gerbil.. for it is the Sun that will rise again, and Juliette will sing while we make merry in the hay fields.
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Maaaaan, we left that argument behind ten pages back :P

send him to the can!!
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    ... lol... That's what I get for leaving this thread open and forgetting to hit submit.. wow, so many pages that weren't there a moment ago...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ariakaitu wrote: »
    02:41 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA ) one of those in danger from the Boredom is reporting it managed to get inside his house, but got trapped beneath their bed. He also reports feeling the pull of sleep. I can only impress upon the danger this would bring about. Asleep you have no defenses. Sleepiness is one symptom of the Boredom wearing on you. Shattered, do not fall asleep. I fear it would be akin to Freddy Krueger movies. You musn't fall asleep. Go drink some coffee, or soda. Do not fall asleep.
    11.42 pm +1GMT (Sweden) Ariakaitu, I thank you for keeping Boredom at bay for this long. I now fear that my Pillows calls are getting louder. My time is up. This is good bye. I hope we meet in a more colourful world.
    Yours truly.
    Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it~
  • Options
    thefatninja814thefatninja814 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sometimes I like to look at my neighbors while wearing nothing as I look at them with a smile on my face. When they see me I wildly scream at them as I do the helecocktor, "GET TO DA CHOPAH!".
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I am a broken spoon.. Have I been a vital part of this Evil Danmordes scheme?
    Have I doomed us all?

It was all a part of Danmordes evil masterplan, the dead gerbil, the hat, the empty can of energy drink. It was all connected. Shatterdspoon was coming to the realization that Shatteredspoon had been duped all along, had been a puppet in control of evil. Now what? What was shatteredspoon to do? Connect all the dots, and come to the realization of the evil masterplan, how it was made and how it could be stopped? Or join the forces of evilnezz and chaozz and other things like that? "We have cookies on the dark side" Proclaimed Danmorde with a grin.
  • Options
    deathfish01deathfish01 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    laethien wrote: »
    Someone forgot a ( or ; in the line of code you can be sure. Like a needle in a haystack. oi vey

Only problem is the code would have never compiled. Unless it was in a script them maybe it would have gotten through but not likely. now forgetting a - or using a < when it should have been a > now that will ruin your entire day.
  • Options
    miramolinmiramolin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do NOT go gentle into that good night Gerbil.. for it is the Sun that will rise again, and Juliette will sing while we make merry in the hay fields.

And does Juliette know you are two-timing her with Merry?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    02:48 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA ) it has now been nearly 2 hours since the Boredom appeared on the outside of my sliding glass door. I think I angered it when i tossed birdseed for the resident flock of Quail out through one of the large holes. It appears to have distanced itself from them as well. For now, it seems so long as the quail remain on my back porch, i am safe. My only problem is, i have a very limited supply of bird seed. The black oil Sunflower seeds i have for the gerbils could be used i suppose, but then i would have no reward for them for keeping the Boredom at bay. Gizmo and his brother, Scratch are now scampering about my shoulders, back, and laptop. I felt it was time for some more, personal protection. Their brothers Apollo and Patches are in a couple plastic balls, roaming about the house in search of the smaller Boredom that got inside quite a while ago. i am at a loss now, for another one has given in to the Boredom. Farewell, my friend. May it be silent, quick and painless. Your words and comfort shall not be forgotten
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    danmorde wrote: »
    It was all a part of Danmordes evil masterplan, the dead gerbil, the hat, the empty can of energy drink. It was all connected. Shatterdspoon was coming to the realization that Shatteredspoon had been duped all along, had been a puppet in control of evil. Now what? What was shatteredspoon to do? Connect all the dots, and come to the realization of the evil masterplan, how it was made and how it could be stopped? Or join the forces of evilnezz and chaozz and other things like that? "We have cookies on the dark side" Proclaimed Danmorde with a grin.
    Will there be coffee?
  • Options
    baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    Neverwinter
    2 hours ago
    We are aware of the current server issues and are working to fix it. Thank you for your patience.

Neverwinter
    about an hour ago
    We are aware of the current server issues and are working to fix it. Thank you for your patience.

Update 12:52PM: Estimated remaining downtime will be 1 hour thank you for your patience.

Neverwinter
    20 minutes ago

Update 12:52PM: Estimated remaining downtime will be 2 hours thank you for your patience.

go do your chores
  • Options
    lotusbellelotusbelle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We interrupt your regularly scheduled server crash to bring you cat-astrophic revelation...... Hello Kitty is NOT a cat!
    She's a cartoon character. She is a little girl. She is a friend. But she is not a cat. She's never depicted on all fours. She walks and sits like a two-legged creature. She does have a pet cat of her own, however, and it's called Charmmy Kitty.

So I guess Tony the Tiger, Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Mickey Mouse, and all the other characters are just cartoon characters as well since neither of them have ever been seen on all four legs either!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled server crash already in progress.
  • Options
    dementeddad1dementeddad1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well i hope i dont lose my invoke lol but is a real pain as gateway is down too and have jobs to collect and start and time is geting on so looks like i will have too lose out like the rest here hope it gets sorted soon looks like its been down all day too not good :(
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Someone entered 33 C0 (XOR EAX, EAX) instead of 85 C0 (TEST EAX, EAX). Instant 0xC0000005 access violation.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    baddeeds wrote: »
    Neverwinter
    20 minutes ago

Update 12:52PM: Estimated remaining downtime will be 2 hours thank you for your patience.

That was posted 2 hours ago LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lotusbelle wrote: »
    We interrupt your regularly scheduled server crash to bring you cat-astrophic revelation...... Hello Kitty is NOT a cat!
    She's a cartoon character. She is a little girl. She is a friend. But she is not a cat. She's never depicted on all fours. She walks and sits like a two-legged creature. She does have a pet cat of her own, however, and it's called Charmmy Kitty.

So I guess Tony the Tiger, Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Mickey Mouse, and all the other characters are just cartoon characters as well since neither of them have ever been seen on all four legs either!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled server crash already in progress.

tigger has been on all 4, not just in the books either. On occasion i have seen Tigger bounce bounce bounce on all 4
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So is that 2 hours from the 12:52 time...which would be now!!! ;)
  • Options
    baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    well it was edited 20 min ago !
  • Options
    twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited August 2014
    Irregardless of how entertaining spam threads like these can become, it's absolutely astonishing how a company can have downtime for several hours, during business hours, without bothering to communicate with their customers via the very forum they themselves set up for their product.
    Maybe I'm old-fashioned but when I look for information I do it on the forums, not on facebook or twitter or the grapevine.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Preview is up for anybody with severe withdrawal although it seems to be suffering severe moments where the player freezes and when it unfreezes you are dead D:
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Will there be coffee?

Danmorde looked pleased and replied softly.
    There will be dark coffe, strong coffe. Made by evil, for evil. Served from a white a coffe pot with cute ducks painted on to it and other evil stuff like that.
  • Options
    matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

We're on it, sit tight folks!

Thank you for your patience.

*grabs fire extinguisher*

Erm what do you mean FIRE EXTINGUISHER! :eek:, am I the only one concerned the Community Manager said this ....looks like they server has gone up in flames sort of thing? :D . Joking of course :)
  • Options
    tharenisistharenisis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    geltab wrote: »

Okay you got me, I lol'd.

Hard.

I love Francis.
This discussion has been closed.