test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server outage 8/28/14

Comments

• ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2014
    02:12 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA ) Many more people are notifying me of this plague like Boredom. Everyone is seeking my help in getting rid of it. I can't. I fear that there is only one solution for this, and the person who can offer that solution ran off with a fire estinguisher about an hour ago. I can't help anyone. All i can suggest is stay active and alert. Don't allow your mind to wander. The holes in my sliding glass door have coalesced into 5 large holes, rather than over 30 small ones. It's only a matter of time before Boredom combines those holes into one and it enters. IT doesn't seem to be phazed by the stifling heat outside, nor does the cool interior of my house bother it.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It could be worse...when M4 came out I had to spend a week upgrading Windows 2000 win32k.sys so I could play. Now that was withdrawal!

In the meantime I've been scratching my classic gaming itch -- I just picked up an S-Video modded Atari 7800...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Got bored...
    ...deconstruct my refrigerator...
    ...cleaned ever part of...
    ...reconstruct it...
    ...spare parts...

Why the hell is it now a fusion generator?!
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Aye now I don't mind nonsense and stuff while we wait, but when it starts raging then I'm gonna have to set my foot down, so keep it civil.

Could you or someone else say about the time or whether the prayer will be lost if we call it a day (it's almost 12:30 AM in my country).
    Really, no fun to loose 6 days of praying....
  • tsukasamcptsukasamcp Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd avoid the holes, if they are from an alternate reality, they could in theory open a gate to oblivion once reaching a sufficient size.
    edited August 2014
    zurimor wrote: »
    ariakaitu, cry as loud as you can, this should scare away boredom!
    Of course it may happen that you wake up some neighbours, but you know as well as us that angry neighbours are easier to fight than this insane monster...
    And it will occupy you for quite a while. ;)

meh.. I am entertained by this. at least its not the same whining and complaining over and over. my posts, while on the excessive side, supply entertainment to others as well as myself. as intended. im finding my desire to write coming back again. its been years, im enjoying this i might use this in something else.
  • svampebob29svampebob29 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you Ameicans have an cure for this "Boredom" monster? Here in Norway we keep it in check by tossing sealpups at polarbears, desperatly trying to amuse ourselves, but we are running out of seals and have now started the whale-season a bit early to cope with this monster.
    But im afraid we only have so much resourses, soon enough we have to throw what we got at home at the polarbears, to sustain a bottomline of amusement.
  • cheifiuscheifius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is there an update on the server anytime soon???
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That hamster is definitely not a space hamster. Get a space hamster.

They'll need a miniature giant space hamster. I don't know if Minsc is still alive, but there should be some around somewhere.
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Kobold insurrection.

The Kobolds and the Hamsters are fighting over which one will be in control. The hamsters have the advantage of being here sooo long, but the Kobolds have far superior numbers. It's a tough battle, but we are all waiting (im)patiently for the outcome.
  • tooncinatortooncinator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Must be an emergency patch. All generated soul puppets became permant and were going around in bands killing all players and npcs in every zone.

Actually, I, as a GF, was starting to win PVP matches regularly, even to the point of getting 3-8 kills per match. They noticed and said,"we can't have that! Every class was given an unfair control advantage over GFs for a reason!"
  • shatteredspoonshatteredspoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have never tried tossing kittens and puppies, but i hope they are at least a bit amusing to watch beeing eaten.

Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it~
  • anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you Ameicans have an cure for this "Boredom" monster? Here in Norway we keep it in check by tossing sealpups at polarbears, desperatly trying to amuse ourselves, but we are running out of seals and have now started the whale-season a bit early to cope with this monster.
    But im afraid we only have so much resourses, soon enough we have to throw what we got at home at the polarbears, to sustain a bottomline of amusement. I have never tried tossing kittens and puppies, but i hope they are at least a bit amusing to watch beeing eaten.

I could offer some Cuckoo Clocks from the Black Forrest here over in Germany. I am not sure about he being eaten part, but at least they will sound funny ...
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
    edited August 2014
    Good thread :) my first time signing in to post :)
    edited August 2014
    02:20 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA ) False claims of server access have given me hope, only to dash them. Tips on hole avoidance are needlessly given. The Boredom is on the other side of those holes. I don't wish to be any closer than necessary. As it is, i have moved my computers from the comfortable couch to the entry-way on the other side of the house. I am attempting my access code once again, receiving the a new message, telling me i cannot access the server. The only good news is the pain in my mouth from the Dental work i had done this morning has dissapeared. Now if only the Boredom will. Tried a second time to log in, but no success. I haven't heard from those others who have the Boredom outside their homes as well. i fear for their lives
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Forget the hamsters....

It's obvious what is going on....its the revolt of the soul puppets...they have taken over.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Two large Patches for me so far, and the Servers are still down.
    How about the rest of you?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • laurellian13laurellian13 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Forget the hamsters....

It's obvious what is going on....its the revolt of the soul puppets...they have taken over.

We're both right, it seems they're Hamster soul puppets....
  • afanasiyaafanasiya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Server isn't timing out on request any more. Not quite ready for logins, but it's at least starting up now! :D
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Start that dam game before the war starts here .. Breaking news in east europe, US army is sending troops at the russian border in romania.

Another thing: Cryptic, get rid of this game engine , is causing nothing but the bugs and troubles and crashes to us. Switch on Angelica engine , the PWI's game engine. Reduce lots of useless high textures and lots of useless FX, npcs, props ,move game on Angelica engine and you'll get a game with great stability.

See PWI game of PWE.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • drykinoscurodrykinoscuro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stop! crashes! every day the same!
  • chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Cryptic makes life more annoying for gold spammers , two hours later server crashes xD

Just a coincidence more than likely but the possibility is amusing none the less. Let the gold spammer revolt wars begin!!!!!!!!
  • ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ITS been longer than your estimation! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSRYecKaqc
    edited August 2014
    17:22 EST (Same) No change in status to report, there was a mention of Germany made, the thoughts of OctoberFest have eased tension here considerably. I have also been sucked in to the new attempts at access, and refused.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    this is what happened to the server...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hNAZJHu0cs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • laethienlaethien Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cmon!
    /10char
  • geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    and to anyone annoyed, im sorry. i thought it would be an interesting way to update everyone on the server status. i don't plan on stopping unless a moderator informs me i need to. Just enjoy the feeble attempts at creative writing.
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Game is up and running (for me anyway). Happy gaming :)

This made me happy. Then I attempted to log in.

Now I am terribly, terribly sad. Not only am I starting to get tired (22:22 BST) Have all my dailies, my campaigns, my profession to do and those bloody flowers to pick, now I have no faith that strangers on the internet will tell me the truth!

I'm ruined.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    Start that dam game before the war starts here .. Breaking news in east europe, US army is sending troops at the russian border in romania.

Another thing: Cryptic, get rid of this game engine , is causing nothing but the bugs and troubles and crashes to us. Switch on Angelica engine , the PWI's game engine. Reduce lots of useless high textures and lots of useless FX, npcs, props ,move game on Angelica engine and you'll get a game with great stability.

I will just simply say, no.
This discussion has been closed.