Install Arc
Options

Server outage 8/28/14

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ariakaitu wrote: »
    my use of the log seems to keep it at bay, though only so much. My door looks like clear swiss cheese.

The little one is about to make a whole in the breaker box so that you can no longer keep this log.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    This is me wishing I hadn't decided to leave invocation until after dinner!
  • Options
    tevinichtevinich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And means plus point mean decimal it is a myth that and means decimal when u write a check using and means ur adding the cents to the dollar amount but saying 2 thousand and 14 = 2014 since adding together if u said 2 thousand point 14 u would get 2000.14
  • Options
    shatteredspoonshatteredspoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    22.50 GMT (Sweden) I hope that Ariakaitu finds a way banquish this foul beast. I can't seem to find any hope to fight this monster by myself. I tried searching for a cure on my Facebook-wall. It was as uninteresting as usual.. It kept my mind of the Thing for about five minutes. I find comfort in this thread of randoms. Meatloaf.
    Yours truly.
    Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it~
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    horowata wrote: »
    lawl...."and" implies a decimal space...
    srly? and i thought that "and" implies a plus ;) how could i be so wrong for such a long time...

just for a bit more absurd "and" interpretations...ask some french ppl how they say 99 ;)

"And" can be additive when implying math, but we aren't implying math.
  • Options
    ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2014
    01:50 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) Several people have run across my log. I fear there are more than one of the Boredoms. At least one other claims to have one plaguing him. A 6th, has at the very least, assuaged my fear that the Boredom has interfered with my access code. I thought somehow it had separated me from that, yet someone kindly thought to notify me that it is not only me who has lost the ability to enter their access code. Everyone who uses this server is stuck. Thank god. Ive tried placing cardboard in front of the larger collection of holes in my glass door, but the Boredom merely pushes it over. It is , however, afraid of the Gerbil i put in it's ball. I thought if i had to run for it, scooping up the plastic ball would be easier than trying to catch the bugger. His brothers refer to bite rather than play, so the Boredom can have them. I shall take Gizmo with me if need be. The Boredom seems to leap back in fear, a recoiling mass of seething despair, whenever Gizmo bumps into the glass.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    is the issue known why the server is down?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, seriously, can someone say whether it's worth waiting (approximate time) or nothing known at all?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »

Kobold insurrection.
  • Options
    shatteredspoonshatteredspoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    So, seriously, can someone say whether it's worth waiting (approximate time) or nothing known at all?
    Now.. About 7 min. :3
    Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it~
  • Options
    tsukasamcptsukasamcp Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    in 5 min, the hour will be up, I'm guessing we'll have a new estimate by then :)
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »

Not to us. But since they've given an eta on twitter they must know. At least I'd think they know what's wrong if they already have an idea how long its going to take to fix it.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shadevp wrote: »

Well to be that girl, the best answer you will probably get is they are working on it because they are probably running it through a debugger and checking the logs to find out why the server crashed and then get an emergency fix in, if necessary, to fix the problem. It will take time, and at best they can do is just say they are working on it.
  • Options
    crafiteercrafiteer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was in a dungeon with a Boss fight. Good thing I dodged his Fire attack and landed on my desktop. Gawd knows what would have happened if that Boss set me aflame. Whew !..
  • Options
    laurellian13laurellian13 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Kobold insurrection.

They're in league with the hamsters?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    They're in league with the hamsters?

They replaced the hamsters.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Update?????

Common nearly 2 hours down for myself here 1 hour 54 minutes
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Look at the screenshot below. It says the server is offline in that line of text, but then it connects and the big PLAY button appears. This is very confusing. Why not have the play button say OFFLINE as well, instead of PLAY? It says PLAY and makes me think I can login because maybe the servers are back online, and you forgot to remove that sentence that says they are offline.

offline_zpsde83b90b.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    01:58 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) From what i understand, Shatteredspoon and Passionbreeze are both plagued by the Boredom. Passion claims that " mindnumbing nightcore" subdues the Boredom. I must research what this nightcore is. from context, it would appear to be some kind of noise. Shattered attempted Facebook, but that only succeeded in buying mere minutes of safety from the Boredom. I am finding the most success with keeping this log. It has yet to enter the house, but has whittled and whiled away at my glass door. It gave up it's attempts at lifting and knocking loose the rods i inserted to keep the door from opening. However, it is starting to connect the holes together forming larger holes. I could now stick my head outside , through one, should the desire take me to do so, however, that would give the Boredom easy access to my face. I stand by my belief that they are like the Harry Potter Dementers, in which their entire purpose is to suck souls from those idling away. It has been nearly an hour since i was informed i had to but survive for the next hour. I am going to attempt to enter my access codes. Will let everyone know.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The play button still appears when it's down for maintenance, too, if I recall correctly. That's what the red thing up top saying "Server Status" is for. If it's red, you can't play.
  • Options
    nwnplayer1nwnplayer1 Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2014
    The servers will not be back online for a long time. They said that in another thread somewhere
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    12:30 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA no luck logging into server. Outlook bleak. will check back soon. Should note, if this is found without me, i have died of boredom

12:35 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA Still no luck. I fear i hear the empty howling of the Boredom circling outside. I don't know how much longer i can keep it at bay. It sounds huge. Terrifying when it runs it's massive appendages over my door. The only thing that will keep it at bay indefinitely is the message on my screen changing. The login server is what can save me from this terrifying beast. Will keep you updated if i can.

12:40 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA The beast, Boredom, has managed to break a small shard of my sliding glass window. It keeps trying to thread one of its appendages through the hole it's made, but i have been forcing it back outside with a broom handle. It's starting to get smart though. I fear it's learning. It almost got the lock once, when i looked away to grab something to drink. Right now, its between me, and Boredom. I must win this one. Im cooking Pot Roast for dinner. Can't die without having Pot Roast. Will check back soon.

12:45 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA I have placed the wooden rod from my closet in the door track. It broke the lock and was slowly forcing the door open. It doesn't appear to have any massive strength, more like a droplet of water bearing down on the same exact spot countless times. It seems to wear away at things. The rod should hold the door in place for a while, though i fear the hole in the glass has gotten larger. Someone, Anyone, if you find this, tell my Boyfriend i love him.

12:50 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) Boredom seems to have disappeared for the moment. I think it lays in wait, hoping i will go outside to check. I'm smarter than that. I will stay here and update my journal. For fun, i went and measured the hole in the glass. it has gotten bigger, didn't need to measure it to tell. Before i could barely fit my finger into the hole, now, my palm barely covers it. There's a decaying, fetid odor outside, coming on the breeze. I believe that's wafting off Boredom. If i press my face against the glass and look to the right, i can almost see it pressing against the side of the house, like it's trying to enter the living room through osmosis. Thank god Physics apply to it.

12:55 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) I keep an eye on the spare screen i hooked up. The message is unchanging. "Connecting to the login server. Please wait ..." Other than having to type my access code in, that is the constant. Boredom is worrying at the hole again. If i concentrate hard enough, i swear it has eyes and a mouth... or what could pass as a mouth. Perhaps its like those dementers i read about in those Potter books. Perhaps the Boredom sucks your soul out with its maw, leaving you alive, but devoid of happiness, cheer, and any thought process beyond basic life giving functions.

"Marry me." -- It's the only response I can think of to show you how much I enjoyed this.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That only means that the patch server version matches the client version. It does NOT mean the game servers themselves are available. Hope that clarifies matters.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    panikswitchpanikswitch Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am just writing on here to pretend to still be playing, so I don't have to make dinner.....
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    02:01 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA) Well, the hour has come and passed. i attempted to enter my access code into the server and got the loading screen. My heart leapt into my throat, as i had not seen this level of access since just before 1 pm. But alas, i see the " connecting to the login server. Please Wait..." message again.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    "Marry me." -- It's the only response I can think of to show you how much I enjoyed this.

Rofl ok ^.^
  • Options
    redyummiredyummi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    12:30 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA no luck logging into server. Outlook bleak. will check back soon. Should note, if this is found without me, i have died of boredom

Wow, Moses Lake. Takes me back to my young days (1966) when I was stationed at Larson AFB. Wish I had Neverwinter to play then, that place was so boring, I can understand your boredom. :)
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *figets* I'm jonesing over here!

2pzehhg.jpg
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    tsukasamcptsukasamcp Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    17:00 EST (Unknown Location, USA) It appears the infection is spreading, I can't remember what I was supposed to be doing. It seemed there was a long list of things that needed done, but alas, I can't bring them to focus. I'm afraid there's something other than boredom at work here....a void...an emptiness....something that can't be filled by anything other than the exact shaped piece that's missing.
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tsukasamcp wrote: »
    in 5 min, the hour will be up, I'm guessing we'll have a new estimate by then :)

na-ha.

Can't login and no new estimate.
    At least they could say that 'OK guys, we can't fix this quick. Go and sleep. You won't loose anything.'

Sad (
This discussion has been closed.