What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server outage 8/28/14

Comments

• Options
    afanasiyaafanasiya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Server isn't timing out on request any more. Not quite ready for logins, but it's at least starting up now! :D
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Start that dam game before the war starts here .. Breaking news in east europe, US army is sending troops at the russian border in romania.

Another thing: Cryptic, get rid of this game engine , is causing nothing but the bugs and troubles and crashes to us. Switch on Angelica engine , the PWI's game engine. Reduce lots of useless high textures and lots of useless FX, npcs, props ,move game on Angelica engine and you'll get a game with great stability.

See PWI game of PWE.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    drykinoscurodrykinoscuro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stop! crashes! every day the same!
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Cryptic makes life more annoying for gold spammers , two hours later server crashes xD

Just a coincidence more than likely but the possibility is amusing none the less. Let the gold spammer revolt wars begin!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    tsukasamcptsukasamcp Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    17:22 EST (Same) No change in status to report, there was a mention of Germany made, the thoughts of OctoberFest have eased tension here considerably. I have also been sucked in to the new attempts at access, and refused.
  • Options
    ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ITS been longer than your estimation! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSRYecKaqc
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    this is what happened to the server...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hNAZJHu0cs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    laethienlaethien Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cmon!
    /10char
  • Options
    geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2014
    and to anyone annoyed, im sorry. i thought it would be an interesting way to update everyone on the server status. i don't plan on stopping unless a moderator informs me i need to. Just enjoy the feeble attempts at creative writing.
  • Options
    lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Game is up and running (for me anyway). Happy gaming :)

This made me happy. Then I attempted to log in.

Now I am terribly, terribly sad. Not only am I starting to get tired (22:22 BST) Have all my dailies, my campaigns, my profession to do and those bloody flowers to pick, now I have no faith that strangers on the internet will tell me the truth!

I'm ruined.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    Start that dam game before the war starts here .. Breaking news in east europe, US army is sending troops at the russian border in romania.

Another thing: Cryptic, get rid of this game engine , is causing nothing but the bugs and troubles and crashes to us. Switch on Angelica engine , the PWI's game engine. Reduce lots of useless high textures and lots of useless FX, npcs, props ,move game on Angelica engine and you'll get a game with great stability.

I will just simply say, no.
  • Options
    daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adent086 wrote: »
    So I guess the Soul Puppets didn't like being perma derezed, huh? ;)

At 12:45 pm est, the Soul Puppets became self aware and began migrating to other games. In a last ditch effort to avert the oncoming apocalypse, Perfect World developers and engineers made a valiant last stand at the server room attempting to disconnect the game from the internet. There were no survivors. As of 5:25pm est, reports of Soul Puppets spawning in Washington, DC, Moscow, Paris, London, and a small undisclosed town in Estonia.

It is truly the end times.....
  • Options
    shatteredspoonshatteredspoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    11.25 pm +1GMT (Sweden) The Boredom is hiding under my bed.. I can hear it moving about. It can't seem to figure out how to get out from under there.. A heavy feeling in my head is telling me to go to sleep. I can't. I won't give up. I still have some hope. There are others out there just like me. Together we can fight this horrid Thing. I managed to find a cat to cuddle. It scratched my hand.
    Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it~
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lycragirl wrote: »
    This made me happy. Then I attempted to log in.

Now I am terribly, terribly sad. Not only am I starting to get tired (22:22 BST) Have all my dailies, my campaigns, my profession to do and those bloody flowers to pick, now I have no faith that strangers on the internet will tell me the truth!

I'm ruined.

meh. ive been truthful ( albeit creative) this whole time. let not a troll ruin your faith. Tune for my log and youll get truth
  • Options
    ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe Lizard Squad Is at it again >_>
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Where are the Wizards to spam Expecto Patronum on the Soul Puppets?
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    thefatninja814thefatninja814 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is the time I get out my baby oil and look very stern at my neighbors as I slowly poor it onto my body with the smile of my ancestors.
  • Options
    passionbreezepassionbreeze Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm two and a half hour wait now...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AlCdvfhuAs
  • Options
    huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    balthezar2 wrote: »
    The Kobolds and the Hamsters are fighting over which one will be in control. The hamsters have the advantage of being here sooo long, but the Kobolds have far superior numbers. It's a tough battle, but we are all waiting (im)patiently for the outcome.

I knew I shouldn't have inserted those kobolds into the foundry I'm working on. There were already too many in the summer event...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    02:31 pm PST (Moses Lake, WA, USA ) Heard speculative rumors of more patches. I wasn't paying attention but i will try entering my access code once more. The Boredom seems to be watching me with interest now. It has abandoned the holes for now, its down to 3 large, almost man sized holes. I am talking to it, it occasionally tilts its top most appendage, like a dog would trying to get a better acoustic range. Still no luck on my codes working. I heard from my compatriots in the same situation im in. well, two or three of them. I havent heard from Passionbreeze since she suggested a link for me to view. Perhaps her choice in remedying the matter angered the Boredom at her living quarters. I don't know.
  • Options
    danmordedanmorde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited August 2014
    In shock by the sudden disappearance of his pass time hobby, the mighty and Evil Danmorde decided enough is enough. Slowly he pulled out the dead gerbil from out of the hat. Placed it on top of an empty can of energy drink left there by a broken spoon. he watched it intensly for about 10 minutes. Nothing interesting happened. All hope was lost. Now there was only darkness and evilness.
    He had triumphed!
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Interesting thing is STO is up. Last time I saw server crashes here it took down STO as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    O.o o......kay then. please... continue
  • Options
    laethienlaethien Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Someone forgot a ( or ; in the line of code you can be sure. Like a needle in a haystack. oi vey
  • Options
    unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    deleted75 wrote: »
    Is baby oil made from babies ?

Yes.. but ONLY from Free Range Babies.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Interesting thing is STO is up. Last time I saw server crashes here it took down STO as well.

Yep, the NW preview server is up, too- I just logged in there. Sadly, there weren't enough people awake in legit to get a dungeon run together :)
  • Options
    passionbreezepassionbreeze Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2:31 pm PST. The boredom seems to be learning. I fear it may be too late. As I scour the dark recesses of YouTube and FaceBook I can feel my mind slipping. All may be lost soon and I pray that my fellow Neverwinterians do not succumb to this foul beast. It is a terror that invades your every thought. Behind my eyes I can see the loading screens and disconnection notices. It has come to the sound of dial-up internet and fuzzy TV screens ringing in my ears. My grip on reality has well and truly loosened. Boredom stares at me from across the room. I believe my time has-
  • Options
    nativejoenativejoe Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    Just a coincidence more than likely but the possibility is amusing none the less. Let the gold spammer revolt wars begin!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3G9ZidHXrM pretty much what occured in my brain when I read this...
This discussion has been closed.