test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF's Knights Valor is Destroying PvP

abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Yes as the topic suggests this is currently the "buggy" skill of the week, month, hopefully not year.

A GF can kill an entire enemy team by holding his shield up guarding his alliances. That skill covers the complete battleground, im not sure if these GFS use Dragon Glyphs or not, but it defineatly makes it worse.

Supremacy of steel, their daily or whatever it is called, is stacking with this buff. So anyone attacking the alliance of the GF gets attacked back with insane force. Its not even funny. Seriously.
Dr. Phil
Post edited by abecassis on

Comments

• Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    yeah it covers the whole pvp map, some people are using glyphs with this broken skill and its dumber than a roar-spamming gwf (at least you have to aim with roar)

this skill should have its range reduced drastically, like 2x the size of thorn ward aoe perhaps?
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    Oh, I know. It's terrible! CWs should be the only ones allowed to 'destroy' pvp. Live with it.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It's not KV that's the problem it's the dragon glyphs.

Please don't call for a nerf when you don't even know what the issue is. Gf has been one of the weakest pvp classes for so long, finally gets a buff and you complain about something that has nothing to do with the gf original power.

Also hr and cw are better than an equal gf in 1v1 so if you say gf is OP then them classes are as well.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh god ! Are you really calling for a GF nerf ?!
    That's great ! I've been hoping for something like this for at least 10 months. It feels good to not be the last in the pack anymore !

I'm not using KV, I play in PUG and it seems too dangerous. The combo you'e talking about is KV, Guarded Assault and supremacy of Steel.
    And I'm not certain it's game breaking without the broken version of the dragon glyph (is it red ?), but it's nice to see a call for nerf.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    KV is an overpowered encounter. It has no cooldown, just a toggle with a 2 second cd when it can be turned back on. The range is just too far reaching compared to any other defensive encounter(It should be the range of hallowed ground or not much further). Also it can be stacked with different ranks of this power, so if you have 2 gfs one with rank 3 and one with rank 2 they stack. And when this said stacking is done and one turns on SoS the game starts to lose 80% of your regular frame rate (it is awesome when you cannot even fight back against this).

I have said this about a month and a half ago on the preview forum that kv needed changes and could not be left like it is now.

short list of needed changes

needs a cd again
    the range needs to be reduced by half its current range
    needs a fix for performance issues for when SoS becomes active with it.

With the change of range the performance issues become less and not as overpowered as it currently is in pvp. A cd if a pipedream from how the devs explained the change but having this up all the time and you are built to have block up almost 100% of the time it is rather op if you know what you are doing.

Fyi I do not like turtle style gameplay which is what this skill promotes wayyy too much.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Its not a call for nerf or anything. GFS are in a good spot right now. BUT valor should not cover the whole PvP map. With the soul puppets and the flying sparks from the GFs shield all the way across the field is making my pc lag. and no its not just mine PC:

IM Just calling for a normal range of that power. They should keep it, but not cover the entire map, through walls, stairs and everything
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Fyi I do not like turtle style gameplay which is what this skill promotes wayyy too much.

So this is really the crux of the issue. Since you don't like "turtle style" gameplay, don't play a GF. Due to the way the classes are built and structured, "turtle style" is one of the only viable ways for most GF's to play in PvP - particularly against CW's and decent permastealth TR's.

Please don't ask for other classes to be nerfed.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    It's not KV that's the problem it's the dragon glyphs.

Please don't call for a nerf when you don't even know what the issue is. Gf has been one of the weakest pvp classes for so long, finally gets a buff and you complain about something that has nothing to do with the gf original power.

Also hr and cw are better than an equal gf in 1v1 so if you say gf is OP then them classes are as well.

If that ability is WAI, it's OP, and it's better than pretty much anything a dc can do. HR and CW ARE OP. Combine KV with that and you have a bunch of MUCH harder to kill OP HR's and CWs running around decimating everyone. Meanwhile, the GF could be picking his nose at the spawn point. That's a major load of BS no matter how you cut it. NOW do you see the problem?
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    So this is really the crux of the issue. Since you don't like "turtle style" gameplay, don't play a GF. Due to the way the classes are built and structured, "turtle style" is one of the only viable ways for most GF's to play in PvP - particularly against CW's and decent permastealth TR's.

Please don't ask for other classes to be nerfed.

please read my signature for future reference.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yes GF is standing on base picking his nose, defending his team, giving the survivability while killing the other team, still standing in spawn. I dont know if he even needs to hold his block up, be he might as well just do push ups or something usefull
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    please read my signature for future reference.

Great, I don't play my GF turtle style either. :)

Please don't ask for nerfs.

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well ppl call for a CW nerf and allready got one, due to skilless mechanics for CW players. Add sentinel GWF to aforementioned GF and the GWFs own dmg is just cosmetic, bc ppl die by attacking him.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Call for a nerf all you want, there is always someway to be OP in the game.. I pug anytime I pvp and it is usually 85% of the time a slaughter (the pug team gets slaughtered)... prob why I don't pvp much, unless I want to torture myself, sadistic I know
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    Stop calling for nerfs, leave the GF alone. Note: I don't have a GF.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Nobody is calling for a nerf. Jeeez, all the GFs are running scared to the devs not saying to them "DONT LISTAN PLS"!

Its simply a bug that makes it cover the entire battlegrond, through the walls and everything. You cant seriously think this is the way its supposed to work.
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    i wish my frontline surge can go through walls too :(
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Nobody is calling for a nerf. Jeeez, all the GFs are running scared to the devs not saying to them "DONT LISTAN PLS"!

Its simply a bug that makes it cover the entire battlegrond, through the walls and everything. You cant seriously think this is the way its supposed to work.

No, this is indeed calling for a nerf.

Do you have a source for claiming it is a bug rather than something that you don't like and want to go away? It appears to be WAI, so unless you have a dev claiming it is a bug, please don't call it one.

• Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    No, this is indeed calling for a nerf.

Do you have a source for claiming it is a bug rather than something that you don't like and want to go away? It appears to be WAI, so unless you have a dev claiming it is a bug, please don't call it one.

How can you even be serious?

It affects all battlefield miles away ignoring LoS and all MMO common sense.

The skill is not OP, is buggy and badly designed lol.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I would accept a range nerf, but not the toggle or no gf will use it like in mod 3. Also the gf takes dmg from all party members while using this so without another gf or a cleric then he will die easy. Also having this slotted takes an encounter slot so a gf will lose there prone or a strong dmg power.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I agree its range could do with a nerf then but the the toggle or no gf will use it like in mod 3. Also the gf takes dmg from all party members while using this so without another gf or a cleric then he will die easy. Also having this slotted takes an encounter slot so a gf will lose there prone or a strong dmg power.

Dude they can stand in spawn and kill the entire enemy team.

If any logic thinking was put behind this skill, it would grant survivability to the members close to the GF. Not to the members at the opposite side of the world.
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    lenthowlenthow Member Posts: 37
    edited August 2014
    KV is an overpowered encounter. It has no cooldown, just a toggle with a 2 second cd when it can be turned back on. The range is just too far reaching compared to any other defensive encounter(It should be the range of hallowed ground or not much further). Also it can be stacked with different ranks of this power, so if you have 2 gfs one with rank 3 and one with rank 2 they stack. And when this said stacking is done and one turns on SoS the game starts to lose 80% of your regular frame rate (it is awesome when you cannot even fight back against this).

I have said this about a month and a half ago on the preview forum that kv needed changes and could not be left like it is now.

short list of needed changes

needs a cd again
    the range needs to be reduced by half its current range
    needs a fix for performance issues for when SoS becomes active with it.

With the change of range the performance issues become less and not as overpowered as it currently is in pvp. A cd if a pipedream from how the devs explained the change but having this up all the time and you are built to have block up almost 100% of the time it is rather op if you know what you are doing.

I actually like this buff that they added.. when the GF using it is on our team and not the enemies of course. You raised a lot of good points and I do agree with some of what you said.. For instance, the range should be about the same as Hallowed ground. That makes more sense... also about the frame rates when this **** starts going off and is being procced by my plague fire.. Something needs to give there.. Maybe to where it doesn't proc nearly as often.. maybe also depending on range away from the GF.. I don't know.. Cool skill, glad that GF's have a useful team skill now, but it needs to be minorly adjusted.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ^ "minorly" adjusted ? When you ask for its area of effect to be reduced to something like one twentieth of its size ?
    I wonder what you would call "majorly" ...
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    KV is an overpowered encounter. It has no cooldown, just a toggle with a 2 second cd when it can be turned back on. The range is just too far reaching compared to any other defensive encounter(It should be the range of hallowed ground or not much further). Also it can be stacked with different ranks of this power, so if you have 2 gfs one with rank 3 and one with rank 2 they stack.
    If that ability is WAI, it's OP, and it's better than pretty much anything a dc can do. HR and CW ARE OP. Combine KV with that and you have a bunch of MUCH harder to kill OP HR's and CWs running around decimating everyone. Meanwhile, the GF could be picking his nose at the spawn point. That's a major load of BS no matter how you cut it. NOW do you see the problem?

That's not KV's fault. That's CW and HR fault for being OP. GF is useful now, and it should remain as such, if they want to nerf it, just delete the class.

Divine and Non Divine Glow stack.
    Various different rank enchantment stack
    Various CW debuff diffrent rank powers stack
    Different rank stacking is a game problem, not GF.
    The range is just too far reaching compared to any other defensive encounter

Wrong. HR Fox Cunning, Bark Skin, Stag's Heart and Boar's Hide have the SAME range.
    KV is an overpowered encounter.

It's not KV, it's the dragon enchantments. Just like the other artifact that was killing people got 1 sec internal CD.

GF is only useful because of KV and Into the Fray right now. They can also tank, but noone wants a tank right now.

If you take away or debilitate GF's KV or ITF.....GF will die again.

You (GWF, CW, HR)..you all had your time to be OP and have fun. Let other classes have fun and be abit more powerful.

If you want a balanced PVP game....this is the WRONG game for that.
    This game should focus on PVE, and screw PVP. PVP is what turns the classes useless.

Because of PVP, TR became useless in PVE. TR should be BEST single target class, it should melt people down. DC should be a good healer....and it's not....

Having PVP with different powers version would help so much to improve all classes in PVE.
    PVP is ruining the PVE aspect of many classes since launch.
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep, this skill makes my framerate go down to a level i have never seen it before.

It also proccs all the time, and proccs Dragon Glyphs aswell, which makes GFs wipe everything that attacks him teammates.

And the range is obscene and is not working as intended, any DEV can confirm this im sure of it. If they deny it and say its working as intended im lost for works. Also Line of sight does not exist with this skill.
  • Options
    edyitedyit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nerf the gf... every pvp thread i see is nerf this nerf that, good lord, you people will never be happy, though now i have seen it all, gf is op
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    knights valor needs a range nerf. It seems most guardian fighters are just little scared bias people. The game needs to be balance and some skills from a guardian fighter isn't and shouldn't be exempt just because the class was at the bottom for a while. Knights challenge shouldn't cover the whole pvp map.
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sheesh...i really thought i had enough Cheese in stock for the whine demand...

Maybe if the game offered blocks of cheese as a mount instead of cubes of god knows what
    i'd have an immediate eternal supply of cheese for the endless parade of whining about OPs...amazing
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It needs longer CD when it's switched off. You can effectively counter KV by CCing GF, any CC cancels KV and puts it on CD, that CD needs to be about 7 seconds to allow more counter play.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    It needs longer CD when it's switched off. You can effectively counter KV by CCing GF, any CC cancels KV and puts it on CD, that CD needs to be about 7 seconds to allow more counter play.

that is a bad idea and i think you have the capability of knowing why it is without someone telling you way.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Come on guys. It does not need a nerf or anything.
    It only needs to obey line of sight rules, and have a normal range (for instance hallowed ground range).

What needs a nerf is the dragon glyphs destroying everything
    Dr. Phil