test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF's Knights Valor is Destroying PvP

Comments

• lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Yes as the topic suggests this is currently the "buggy" skill of the week, month, hopefully not year.

A GF can kill an entire enemy team by holding his shield up guarding his alliances. That skill covers the complete battleground, im not sure if these GFS use Dragon Glyphs or not, but it defineatly makes it worse.

Supremacy of steel, their daily or whatever it is called, is stacking with this buff. So anyone attacking the alliance of the GF gets attacked back with insane force. Its not even funny. Seriously.

True, I have noticed that my Knight's Valor stretching LONG distances, and personally I have NO problem with that. However, it shouldn't be going through walls. KV should only work if my team mates are visible too me. The GF has endure other classes bull for a looong time, so they received a buff. I think people just aren't used too the GF actually doing their job in PvP (tanking), because tanking for your team wasn't a smart option back then.

Obviously the GF is a "threat" now (lol GF's getting aggro in PvP xD!), so kill that GF first, then deal with the rest of his team.

1. I think the range should be unchanged.
    2. The toggle method should be unchanged.
    3. KV should NOT go through walls, and should only buff allies if they are visible.
    edited August 2014
    Cool beans. It's still a really good ability and I wish more GFs would use it (the ones on my team, not the other ones).

Lol! So one sided xD!
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It's one thing to defend balance, it's quite another thing to defend absurd mechanics. In M3 I advocated that GFs should be given a vast increase in mobility when blocking, defense potential from blocking far beyond GWF unstoppble, and a damage increase to suit there low movement speed. This all despite the fact that it made any decently played GF all but unkillable to my class - Trickster rogue. Which I see as mostly due to the gross imbalance and weakness within my own class. However, you do not defend absurd mechanics or you end up with the following scenerio - 50 soul puppets, buffed by KV, reflecting glyph damage. I do not know the class inside and out, but I que enough PVP matches to see absurd mechanics at play.

1)So, you want to talk about defending absurd mechanics, do you TR? Lets talk about an encounter that makes you immune to damage/cc/ AND the ability to break cc, combined with a class that is capable(with a certain build) to become untargetable permanently. Lets take away ITC if KV bothers you so much.

2)Of course you do not know the class inside/out, yet here you are trashing its capabilities. I have a TR, but as you probably have more experience with yours, I don't hop on your defenses of TRs going "You shouldn't be defending your class, its OP!!!"

3)If you knew how to play a GF, youd understand(and all GFs know this) that we are a slow moving tank full of vulnerabilities. If youre having problems against a GF as a TR, I really don't know what to tell you. Theres over 180 degrees of safe area to attack a GF from, and if you haven't figured out where to hit the GF, ill leave someone else to explain the block mechanic to you.

4)I see you brought up the soul puppet and dragon glyph issue. So you want to harsh on KV because of 2 OP/glitched things in the game that are themselves the REAL reasons for the complaint? Wow, I guess I shouldn't bring up ITC proccing the deflect boon, should I? Or, once again, the Blue Dragon Glyph? Man, ITC should DEFINITELY be nerfed into oblivion because of the dragon glyphs and that deflect boon...

P.S. KV and soul puppet have been fixed. So why complain about something that YOU KNEW was getting fixed?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
    edited August 2014
    How can it get you killed fast if you take no damage if you're far enough away?

Nobody is saying anything about nerfing the ability when there is an actual risk/reward element to it.

A min/maxing smart GF (honestly not sure if there are that many based on one's I've played with) would just go camp a node away from his team with kv on. His team takes half damage, he receives none of it. Throw on blue dragon glyph and the thing is totally overpowered beyond belief.

No 1 player should be able to have a huge presence on two nodes at the same time like this.

See, I didn't know that they weren't taking the damage. Even so, once the LoS issue's fixed(heard its being fixed as of now anyway) they have to get in the battle for it to be effective. Then, theyre taking damage bad. Also, as people already stated, its not really the power that's whats OP(once again, range/LoS being fixed) its comboing that with Blue Dragon Glyph. As far as using SoS with it, that's part of the high risk/high reward factor. Youre sacrificing yourself to damage your enemies/save your teammates.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Knight valor shouln't be working in PvP. The spell is completly broken for PvP. How are you supposed to kill super tanky classes like GF/GWF/DC who recieve 50% less dmg? or perma invis TR's / uber self heal HR's with 50% less dmg?. A 60k+ hp GF who blocks gets basically 0 dmg from the splitted damage.

They should make the GF get 50% more damage when u directly attack him while KV toggled or remove the spell from PvP.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Knight valor shouln't be working in PvP. The spell is completly broken for PvP. How are you supposed to kill super tanky classes like GF/GWF/DC who recieve 50% less dmg? or perma invis TR's / uber self heal HR's with 50% less dmg?. A 60k+ hp GF who blocks gets basically 0 dmg from the splitted damage.

They should make the GF get 50% more damage when u directly attack him while KV toggled or remove the spell from PvP.

Roflmao. You Q.Q, that a GF tank for his team, that the DDs/other tanks aren't much hurt? Really... some teams just need to outfocus the GF. 60k hp isn't much if 3+ attack him. But yeah... teamwork...
    edited August 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Roflmao. You Q.Q, that a GF tank for his team, that the DDs/other tanks aren't much hurt? Really... some teams just need to outfocus the GF. 60k hp isn't much if 3+ attack him. But yeah... teamwork...

I really want to know what class he plays ;). God forbid the class that should be the focus of agro, BE THE FOCUSED FIRST!
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »

You could just take the GF out of the game by having people remove his KV? Then you have a GF not focused in DPS whatsover, who can not use his one ability that he is using his spec to get the most out of... Or you could just QQ about it because you have no idea what you are talking about.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks like it's being patched next maintenance...
    Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140820a.5

Classes and Balance
    • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: This power now has a maximum range of 150' and requires line of sight to affect an ally.
    • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: While this power is toggled on and the Guardian Fighter loses targeting of all allies, the visual effect now pulses to warn the player that no allies are affected.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    1)So, you want to talk about defending absurd mechanics, do you TR? Lets talk about an encounter that makes you immune to damage/cc/ AND the ability to break cc, combined with a class that is capable(with a certain build) to become untargetable permanently. Lets take away ITC if KV bothers you so much.

2)Of course you do not know the class inside/out, yet here you are trashing its capabilities. I have a TR, but as you probably have more experience with yours, I don't hop on your defenses of TRs going "You shouldn't be defending your class, its OP!!!"

3)If you knew how to play a GF, youd understand(and all GFs know this) that we are a slow moving tank full of vulnerabilities. If youre having problems against a GF as a TR, I really don't know what to tell you. Theres over 180 degrees of safe area to attack a GF from, and if you haven't figured out where to hit the GF, ill leave someone else to explain the block mechanic to you.

4)I see you brought up the soul puppet and dragon glyph issue. So you want to harsh on KV because of 2 OP/glitched things in the game that are themselves the REAL reasons for the complaint? Wow, I guess I shouldn't bring up ITC proccing the deflect boon, should I? Or, once again, the Blue Dragon Glyph? Man, ITC should DEFINITELY be nerfed into oblivion because of the dragon glyphs and that deflect boon...

P.S. KV and soul puppet have been fixed. So why complain about something that YOU KNEW was getting fixed?

#1. If you want to hear my thoughts on rogue I could write an essay on the subject, however this is a thread directed at a GF ability. One of my biggest fears for M5 is that the TR class will be made brokenly skillessly OP, and if you would say this is true of the rogue class currently you don't know the first thing about it. As usual someone points the finger at someone else while failing to address the issue at hand.

#2 You made statement #2 right after making statement #1, and then claimed that you did not make statement #1..............

#3 I have no problems bypassing block with as a GWF, if anything It's like it's barely even there. It has to do with TR build and playstyle which remains viable in M4 pvp.

#4 My point was that ALL three are absurd. If we apply the same AOE and line of sight rules to - Thorn ward, Whirlwind of blades, Astral shield, Front line surge, Blades of vanquished armies, and Oppressive force, THOSE abilities become absurd too. The best comparison would be astral shield. Comparing ITC to KV is just laughable.

Response to P.S. At that juncture in time I didn't know that KV was being fixed, I did know soul puppets were, for the second time I might add. The fact that it's getting adjusted only reinforces the point that either it was not WAI or that it needed a nerf.

P.S. If you were not so clearly biased you would realize that M4 KV mechanics at the start were in the end BAD for GFs too. GF que's into pvp. Team - "Where's our KV?", "You don't have it and actually want to kill people"......... "You a **** or something"

Kind of like rogue que's into pvp. Team - "Your not going to back cap?"...........
    edited August 2014
    #1. If you want to hear my thoughts on rogue I could write an essay on the subject, however this is a thread directed at a GF ability. One of my biggest fears for M5 is that the TR class will be made brokenly skillessly OP, and if you would say this is true of the rogue class currently you don't know the first thing about it. As usual someone points the finger at someone else while failing to address the issue at hand.

#2 You made statement #2 right after making statement #1, and then claimed that you did not make statement #1..............

#3 I have no problems bypassing block with as a GWF, if anything It's like it's barely even there. It has to do with TR build and playstyle which remains viable in M4 pvp.

#4 My point was that ALL three are absurd. If we apply the same AOE and line of sight rules to - Thorn ward, Whirlwind of blades, Astral shield, Front line surge, Blades of vanquished armies, and Oppressive force, THOSE abilities become absurd too. The best comparison would be astral shield. Comparing ITC to KV is just laughable.

Response to P.S. At that juncture in time I didn't know that KV was being fixed, I did know soul puppets were, for the second time I might add. The fact that it's getting adjusted only reinforces the point that either it was not WAI or that it needed a nerf.

P.S. If you were not so clearly biased you would realize that M4 KV mechanics at the start were in the end BAD for GFs too. GF que's into pvp. Team - "Where's our KV?", "You don't have it and actually want to kill people"......... "You a **** or something"

Kind of like rogue que's into pvp. Team - "Your not going to back cap?"...........

1)I see you didn't follow your own advice AGAIN. Stating that YOU believe that TRs will be OP, then saying anyone who says that doesn't know the first thing about TRs shows YOUR bias.

2)I see you need some reading skills. I stated the fallacy of a TR(you) QQing about another classes' ability, without even partially understanding it. Read your hypocrisies before you post.

3)going back on your flip flop arguments, was once again referring to your comment earlier of a GF being all but unkillable to a TR. Anyone who's played a TR or faced a TR as a GF knows that that's one of the hardest matchups for a GF, and one of the easiest for a TR. Tankiness without burst damage and without proper means to drive a TR from stealth = sit and tank it til death, or hope the TRs bad enough to miss rotation.

4)you're right. Comparing an encounter GRANTING SHORT BURSTS OF CC AND DAMAGE IMMUNITY is WAY better than 1 that ensures the GF is taking damage for the team is TOTALLY unfair. Man, if only KV meant GFs took no damage, and refilled our stamina/guard meter :rolleyes:

P.S. Throwing a fit cuz I called out YOUR bias, does not mean I'm bias myself, despite what you're absurdly trying. It only makes your insults more hypocritical. Unlike you, I'm not harshing on a class I don't play often. I'm harshing on someone who's insulting a move they CLEARLY knew nothing about. If a GF wants to run KV, IMO that's his choice. You don't like a class running his intended powers, I don't think a game with a class system is for you.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »

Easier said than done trying to break through one's guard while there are stormspells bombarding you!
    edited August 2014
    1)
    3)going back on your flip flop arguments, was once again referring to your comment earlier of a GF being all but unkillable to a TR. Anyone who's played a TR or faced a TR as a GF knows that that's one of the hardest matchups for a GF, and one of the easiest for a TR. Tankiness without burst damage and without proper means to drive a TR from stealth = sit and tank it til death, or hope the TRs bad enough to miss rotation.

4)you're right. Comparing an encounter GRANTING SHORT BURSTS OF CC AND DAMAGE IMMUNITY is WAY better than 1 that ensures the GF is taking damage for the team is TOTALLY unfair. Man, if only KV meant GFs took no damage, and refilled our stamina/guard meter :rolleyes:

P.S. Throwing a fit cuz I called out YOUR bias, does not mean I'm bias myself, despite what you're absurdly trying. It only makes your insults more hypocritical. Unlike you, I'm not harshing on a class I don't play often. I'm harshing on someone who's insulting a move they CLEARLY knew nothing about. If a GF wants to run KV, IMO that's his choice. You don't like a class running his intended powers, I don't think a game with a class system is for you.

#3 True of M3, not even remotely true of M4.

#4 and P.S. I'm not "Harshing" on the GF class. I'm Harshing on a single GF ability that can single handedly make an entire match all but unwinable regardless of skill or positioning, which is why ITC is a laughable comparison. I've seen enough troll comps running KV and matches lost entirely becuase of it to get the memo. Asking someone to L2P by "countering" it when the GF is no where even somewhat nearby is also laughable.
    edited August 2014
    #3 True of M3, not even remotely true of M4.

#4 and P.S. I'm not "Harshing" on the GF class. I'm Harshing on a single GF ability that can single handedly make an entire match all but unwinable regardless of skill or positioning, which is why ITC is a laughable comparison. I've seen enough troll comps running KV and matches lost entirely becuase of it to get the memo. Asking someone to L2P by "countering" it when the GF is no where even somewhat nearby is also laughable.

#3: True of EVERY mod before mod 4, still true here. Im thinking you are obviously trolling here, as any TR knows that all a GF is is a walking tank, meant to take damage, but not deal NEARLY the same burst damage of the other classes. And any player(not just ones whove played since beta ;) ), knows that fights come down to dps races of who can do more damage and more controls to the other)

#4 and P.S. Saying that KV single handedly makes the match unwinnable clearly, once again(sigh) shows your bias in this matter. KV requires the targets be within range, and follows LoS(as it should've been), and is a high risk/high reward move to use in comparison to an ecounter that makes the TR immune to damage/cc while offering no setbacks in return, is laughable. You just cant stand another class doing what its supposed to do, can you? Youre clearly QQing about KV, yet long before it was a thing, I saw tons of troll comps with multiple permastealth TRs, but one GF running KV gets you in a tirade.

In summary, you play a class with nothing to offer your team but damage, then youre immediately QQing when a class comes along with powers meant to help the team. You want to play alone, fine. Don't come QQing on the forums just because a class that's been underpowered and overlooked since beta, finally gets a little shine in a teamwork environment. Once again, if you don't like a GUARDIAN Fighter class using GUARDIAN capabilities, I think MMO's are not the game for you.

P.P.S Once again :rolleyes: its being fixed to follow LoS, and is having its range put to 150'. Why are you STILL QQing?
    edited August 2014
    #3: True of EVERY mod before mod 4, still true here. Im thinking you are obviously trolling here, as any TR knows that all a GF is is a walking tank, meant to take damage, but not deal NEARLY the same burst damage of the other classes. And any player(not just ones whove played since beta ;) ), knows that fights come down to dps races of who can do more damage and more controls to the other)

#4 and P.S. Saying that KV single handedly makes the match unwinnable clearly, once again(sigh) shows your bias in this matter. KV requires the targets be within range, and follows LoS(as it should've been), and is a high risk/high reward move to use in comparison to an ecounter that makes the TR immune to damage/cc while offering no setbacks in return, is laughable. You just cant stand another class doing what its supposed to do, can you? Youre clearly QQing about KV, yet long before it was a thing, I saw tons of troll comps with multiple permastealth TRs, but one GF running KV gets you in a tirade.

In summary, you play a class with nothing to offer your team but damage, then youre immediately QQing when a class comes along with powers meant to help the team. You want to play alone, fine. Don't come QQing on the forums just because a class that's been underpowered and overlooked since beta, finally gets a little shine in a teamwork environment. Once again, if you don't like a GUARDIAN Fighter class using GUARDIAN capabilities, I think MMO's are not the game for you.

P.P.S Once again :rolleyes: its being fixed to follow LoS, and is having its range put to 150'. Why are you STILL QQing?

#3 As I recall GF had massive burst in open beta, enough to one rotate people without a hitch. What they never had was appropriate levels of "Tankage" for a tank class. M4 GF has better CC + burst than a rogue does in ratio to defenses, if both are specced for damage.

#4 Los and range were the entirety of my issue with KV, not appropriate levels of risk/reward. Again, comparing an encounter that affects one person for a limited duration vs an encounter that affects a whole team that is toggled on unless the person is countered is a very bad comparison. Not to mention the rogue class doesn't have a base level of toughness to support "reflecting" damage.

Summary - Overlooked and underpowered can pretty much describe the TR class to a Tee at the low skill level or PVE in general and is STILL the case. You could point to whisperknife but don't even go there. Your class got some major love this mod while DCs and TRs are still left in the dust. I am GENUINELY happy for you. That doesn't mean I'm not going to QQ when I see a major and clear issue which effects PVP gameplay at the base level. Like KV, or seeing a 10k GS HR or CW melt a BI geared GF in seconds. Also, it remains to be seen if it will indeed be fixed and not made worse, I only need to point to the first fix of soul puppets in that regard. Appropriate balance in all the classes is my #1 dream for NW PVE and PVP. Class mechanics in general are badly out of wack, but the first step is solving the BIGGEST issues that affect the MOST people. If I were going to trust someone to balance things it wouldn't be the devs. It would a player of the class in question that has knowledge of the class inside and out across all feats and powers AND that has proved himself to be dedicated to fairness in all skill and gear ranges. Based on what I have seen from your comments it would seem to NOT BE YOU.
    edited August 2014
    #3 As I recall GF had massive burst in open beta, enough to one rotate people without a hitch. What they never had was appropriate levels of "Tankage" for a tank class. M4 GF has better CC + burst than a rogue does in ratio to defenses, if both are specced for damage.

#4 Los and range were the entirety of my issue with KV, not appropriate levels of risk/reward. Again, comparing an encounter that affects one person for a limited duration vs an encounter that affects a whole team that is toggled on unless the person is countered is a very bad comparison. Not to mention the rogue class doesn't have a base level of toughness to support "reflecting" damage.

Summary - Overlooked and underpowered can pretty much describe the TR class to a Tee at the low skill level or PVE in general and is STILL the case. You could point to whisperknife but don't even go there. Your class got some major love this mod while DCs and TRs are still left in the dust. I am GENUINELY happy for you. That doesn't mean I'm not going to QQ when I see a major and clear issue which effects PVP gameplay at the base level. Like KV, or seeing a 10k GS HR or CW melt a BI geared GF in seconds. Also, it remains to be seen if it will indeed be fixed and not made worse, I only need to point to the first fix of soul puppets in that regard. Appropriate balance in all the classes is my #1 dream for NW PVE and PVP. Class mechanics in general are badly out of wack, but the first step is solving the BIGGEST issues that affect the MOST people. If I were going to trust someone to balance things it wouldn't be the devs. It would a player of the class in question that has knowledge of the class inside and out across all feats and powers AND that has proved himself to be dedicated to fairness in all skill and gear ranges. Based on what I have seen from your comments it would seem to NOT BE YOU.

1)If you want to talk about beta, lets talk about TR. You know, one of the 2 greatest burst classes until mod2? Able to kill opponents with Lashing Blade even without stealth, TRs didn't need to run permastealth, because a simple daily or Lashing Blade killed ANYONE and EVERYONE.

2)Overlooked and Underpowered? The TR has been nerfed since beta for a reason. I take it you haven't played pre-mod2? I feel sorry for all the TRs(my burst TR FROM BETA included) that got nerfed. But it came from constant complaints about how OP their burst damage was. Killed in 1 rotation? Hah! Try killed in 1 move often...

3)Once again, :rolleyes:, if LoS and range were youre ONLY QQing points on KV, why are you still QQing about it? Its being fixed to what it should've been like, and GFs are STILL happy using it. Goes back to your bias when youre STILL complaining about something, when the reasons for your complaint are gone.

4)As has been said, from multiple people, why does a class using a power that defines the class bother you so much? A tank is SUPPOSED to gain the heat in battle. Theyre supposed to be the one at the frontline, soaking damage/gaining aggro for the team. That's WHY theyre tough. Once again, youre arguing from the point of view of a class that doesn't sacrifice for the team, AGAINST a class designed to sacrifice for the team! Of course TRs aren't as tough. They fall back into shadows, strike from afar, strike from the shadows.

Conclusion: You didn't come here asking for balance. You didn't come here to fix a power, or even want it WAI, let alone when it was bugged. You just don't like a power that conflicts with your nature. As I said before, you don't like a class that helps the team, I think MMO's aren't the game for you. The "tank" class will ALWAYS be tanky, and the assassin class will ALWAYS slink in the shadows, waiting for their opportunity to strike. If I was going to trust anyone to fix/balance a class, itd be someone with knowledge on the class. Someone who understands both the point and the gist of what that class is supposed to do. Someone who wont say "Wah! My setup cant beat everyone, and I refuse to alter tactics/powers to adapt", and based on YOUR comments, that QQ'er is YOU.

P.S. You caught yourself in a lie AGAIN.
    If I were going to trust someone to balance things it wouldn't be the devs.It would a player of the class in question that has knowledge of the class inside and out across all feats and powers AND that has proved himself to be dedicated to fairness in all skill and gear ranges.

Yet, here you are QQing about KV, when its become clear that a)you haven't played a GF... EVER, and b)youre not interested in fairness, as youre QQing about the GF, having his moment in pvp/pve, getting their time to shine.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Well I hope this fix does not mess with PVE functionality.

So current KV is bad for PVP but CWs locking you and killing you in 6 seconds is WAI. Got it.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
    edited September 2014
    1)If you want to talk about beta, lets talk about TR. You know, one of the 2 greatest burst classes until mod2? Able to kill opponents with Lashing Blade even without stealth, TRs didn't need to run permastealth, because a simple daily or Lashing Blade killed ANYONE and EVERYONE.

2)Overlooked and Underpowered? The TR has been nerfed since beta for a reason. I take it you haven't played pre-mod2? I feel sorry for all the TRs(my burst TR FROM BETA included) that got nerfed. But it came from constant complaints about how OP their burst damage was. Killed in 1 rotation? Hah! Try killed in 1 move often...

3)Once again, :rolleyes:, if LoS and range were youre ONLY QQing points on KV, why are you still QQing about it? Its being fixed to what it should've been like, and GFs are STILL happy using it. Goes back to your bias when youre STILL complaining about something, when the reasons for your complaint are gone.

4)As has been said, from multiple people, why does a class using a power that defines the class bother you so much? A tank is SUPPOSED to gain the heat in battle. Theyre supposed to be the one at the frontline, soaking damage/gaining aggro for the team. That's WHY theyre tough. Once again, youre arguing from the point of view of a class that doesn't sacrifice for the team, AGAINST a class designed to sacrifice for the team! Of course TRs aren't as tough. They fall back into shadows, strike from afar, strike from the shadows.

Conclusion: You didn't come here asking for balance. You didn't come here to fix a power, or even want it WAI, let alone when it was bugged. You just don't like a power that conflicts with your nature. As I said before, you don't like a class that helps the team, I think MMO's aren't the game for you. The "tank" class will ALWAYS be tanky, and the assassin class will ALWAYS slink in the shadows, waiting for their opportunity to strike. If I was going to trust anyone to fix/balance a class, itd be someone with knowledge on the class. Someone who understands both the point and the gist of what that class is supposed to do. Someone who wont say "Wah! My setup cant beat everyone, and I refuse to alter tactics/powers to adapt", and based on YOUR comments, that QQ'er is YOU.

P.S. You caught yourself in a lie AGAIN.

Yet, here you are QQing about KV, when its become clear that a)you haven't played a GF... EVER, and b)youre not interested in fairness, as youre QQing about the GF, having his moment in pvp/pve, getting their time to shine.

Yep, I QQed about an ability that had a range of two nodes and ignored LOS. Every other point you make assumes an agenda I have not presented. If you want to talk about beta TR you can find my thoughts on matter here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?745731-Should-perma-stealth-really-be-taken-away-from-the-game

If your going to assume so much about me, I'm going to assume your an elitist class biased fanatic that refuses to acknowledge the slightest criticism. That you can only misdirect and discredit instead of shedding the tiniest bit of arrogance is pretty indicative of your personality. I can only say you should look into politics. You should work on your debate skills however, or you'll never make it past third rate.

*done with this thread
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They need to fix this **** like emergency patch,ASAP. There are several pvp focused guilds in game, right now exploiting the hell out of this and have never reported (namely a lot of them trying to run for advocate for the class).
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
    edited September 2014
    Yep, I QQed about an ability that had a range of two nodes and ignored LOS. Every other point you make assumes an agenda I have not presented. If you want to talk about beta TR you can find my thoughts on matter here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?745731-Should-perma-stealth-really-be-taken-away-from-the-game

If your going to assume so much about me, I'm going to assume your an elitist class biased fanatic that refuses to acknowledge the slightest criticism. That you can only misdirect and discredit instead of shedding the tiniest bit of arrogance is pretty indicative of your personality. I can only say you should look into politics. You should work on your debate skills however, or you'll never make it past third rate.

*done with this thread

:rolleyes: wow, QQing much?

Look, it's not my fault you play a single class. It's not my fault you contradict your own statements. I'm not even assuming anything; YOURE the one painting the picture of your elitist class fanaticism.

I'll tell you something about how fair I am compared to you:

-I've been in TR QQ threads defending TRs

-I've been in DC QQ threads defending DCs

-I've been in CW QQ threads defending CWs

-I've been in GWF QQ threads defending GWFs

-and now, I've been in GF, HR, SW QQ threads defending those classes.

Class fanaticism? I'll give you another tip: I've played EVERY class that had existed since beta, and every class that has come out since. I've seen the best and worst EVERY class has to offer.

You however ONLY play TR, and QQ about KV, EVEN AFTER ITS BEEN STATED THAT IT WILL BE FIXED TO BE WAI SOON. No one in here is defending that it's currently WAI. It's the babies like YOU who want it gone, despite it being fixed to be reasonable. That's not asking for balance, that's a nerf QQ.

In fact, the ONLY unreasonable people I end up arguing with(like you), are people who don't want balance. They want their class to have an easy time against what their QQing about.

KV gives GFs a good defensive option for team play. EVERY class has it's own sense if OPness in this environment. God forbid a tank have team defensive options.

Politics? You're right I wouldn't fit in politics because I believe in solid opinion and fact.

You however, with your bias, hate towards what you don't understand, and flip flop arguments when shown thoughts that contradict your own, would fit in a propaganda group. Maybe you could speak for Fox "News", or the Tea Party.

*Done with YOU, now I'll go in to talk to the intelligent/fair members of this thread...
    edited September 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Well I hope this fix does not mess with PVE functionality.

So current KV is bad for PVP but CWs locking you and killing you in 6 seconds is WAI. Got it.

Ikr?

If KV isn't WAI, that's one thing. The people with legitimate complaints in here have a reason. And it's the ones being respectful about it that I respect. It'll be fixed soon, then the QQ'ers shouldn't still be QQing, right?

Waits in anticipation...
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    it should at least only work within visible range not 300 ft away lol, doesnt make sense since gf isn't technically a ranged class and it's working even farther then the max range of ranged classes
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    it should at least only work within visible range not 300 ft away lol, doesnt make sense since gf isn't technically a ranged class and it's working even farther then the max range of ranged classes

Yea, it is being fixed for that. When the fixes are in place, it'll respect LoS, and have 150' range. And GFs will still be fine with that(at least some of us will).
    edited September 2014
    :rolleyes: wow, QQing much?

Look, it's not my fault you play a single class. It's not my fault you contradict your own statements. I'm not even assuming anything; YOURE the one painting the picture of your elitist class fanaticism.

I'll tell you something about how fair I am compared to you:

-I've been in TR QQ threads defending TRs

-I've been in DC QQ threads defending DCs

-I've been in CW QQ threads defending CWs

-I've been in GWF QQ threads defending GWFs

-and now, I've been in GF, HR, SW QQ threads defending those classes.

Class fanaticism? I'll give you another tip: I've played EVERY class that had existed since beta, and every class that has come out since. I've seen the best and worst EVERY class has to offer.

You however ONLY play TR, and QQ about KV, EVEN AFTER ITS BEEN STATED THAT IT WILL BE FIXED TO BE WAI SOON. No one in here is defending that it's currently WAI. It's the babies like YOU who want it gone, despite it being fixed to be reasonable. That's not asking for balance, that's a nerf QQ.

In fact, the ONLY unreasonable people I end up arguing with(like you), are people who don't want balance. They want their class to have an easy time against what their QQing about.

KV gives GFs a good defensive option for team play. EVERY class has it's own sense if OPness in this environment. God forbid a tank have team defensive options.

Politics? You're right I wouldn't fit in politics because I believe in solid opinion and fact.

You however, with your bias, hate towards what you don't understand, and flip flop arguments when shown thoughts that contradict your own, would fit in a propaganda group. Maybe you could speak for Fox "News", or the Tea Party.

*Done with YOU, now I'll go in to talk to the intelligent/fair members of this thread...

I already pretty much figured you played multiple classes from the moment you kept on bringing up open beta. I mostly just wanted to see you defend your "honor", I find it entertaining. If you look back on all my comments I specifically mention LOS and range pretty much every time, which is the crux of the issue. I may have not been respectful, but neither have you. Also you've based every accusation pointed at me on solid fact, right? I wanted to show you what happens when you assume something about a person with nothing to back it up.

In other news every single PVP match I qued today KV was present. Sure it's not OP at all.......... Hope this gets fixed soon.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yea, it is being fixed for that. When the fixes are in place, it'll respect LoS, and have 150' range. And GFs will still be fine with that(at least some of us will).

I have only one problem dungeons are full with obstacles to hinder the LoS like CN.
    This is a huge nerf agan to a pve part of the game :(.
    Thnx those how QQ and wanted to nerf the worst pvp class in the game agan .
    3 weaks wanted to dungeons now agan downfall. GJ pro PVP junks

So simple use your brain 2 CW can kill any one in 2-4 sec DEAD GF cannot use KV(i saw a good pvp GF with 60k hp+++ die in 3 sec from 2 CWs and he used her shild & VM ).
    Second any stun can break KV roar daze even repell effect can do it ones its down GF need 8 sec to reactivate it roar have 7 sec if rigth specced .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited September 2014
    I already pretty much figured you played multiple classes from the moment you kept on bringing up open beta. I mostly just wanted to see you defend your "honor", I find it entertaining. If you look back on all my comments I specifically mention LOS and range pretty much every time, which is the crux of the issue. I may have not been respectful, but neither have you. Also you've based every accusation pointed at me on solid fact, right? I wanted to show you what happens when you assume something about a person with nothing to back it up.

In other news every single PVP match I qued today KV was present. Sure it's not OP at all.......... Hope this gets fixed soon.

And yet, when you were told BY MULTIPLE PEOPLE THAT ITS BEING FIXED TO RESPECT LOS AND RANGE, you continuously rejected the idea of KV being fine after that, until I pressed you.

Once again , :rolleyes:, I didn't assume anything. You painted a pretty picture all your own about yourself. You threw a fit at an ability you didn't understand. You QQ'ed when people opposed your view with solid facts/opinions of how the power works. You did nothing but attempt to troll in here.

If anything, you painted a picture of yourself, then tried saying "oh, that's not me, youre assuming with no basis!".

Its actually quite funny how youre trying to backtrack, and watch your words now.

By the way, and I quote:
    I've seen enough troll comps running KV and matches lost entirely because of it to get the memo

See what you did here? You solo'ed out KV as the reason for troll comps. You didn't bring up blue dragon glyphs, or the soul puppets either. Not to mention when you did bring all 3 up, it wasn't about addressing their brokenness. That's the difference between serious discussion and QQ nerf posting.
    If I were going to trust someone to balance things it wouldn't be the devs.It would a player of the class in question that has knowledge of the class inside and out across all feats and powers AND that has proved himself to be dedicated to fairness in all skill and gear ranges.

And yet, you were judging GFs and their abilities. It was made clear(once again, you painted the picture, not anyone else) that you a)never played a GF and b)weren't being fair across all skill and gear ranges, as comparing some of the TRs own(by peoples' opinion anyway) OP encounters as lackluster in comparison to GF's. ITC is in all ways a superior encounter, so in that aspect youre right, as there is no comparison. I just brought up the fact that EVERY character has his/her own way to be OP, but you wouldn't hear that.
    edited September 2014
    Why was KV altered in the first place? The old version used to be ok, for what it was supposed to be doing. The new version however, is another step towards dumbing down class abilities/mechanics etc. in order to cater to a broader (dumber?) audience, it seems.

---

If it was up to me, i'd revert the changes to KV that came with the new mod and focus on what's really important. (TR/DC balance anybody?) Instead of turning us GF into brainless, party buffing, meat shields.

---

On a sidenote, the new block is terrible. This is the 2nd time my favorite class gets destroyed. Meanwhile, CW-online is in full bloom... what a strange wide, world.

Just curious, whats wrong with new block? I mean, the damage bleed through sucks, but your guard no longer gets destroyed in seconds now. It punishes "turtling", imposes a "careful on when/how long I block" style of play, while still having the weakness of enemies getting behind your shield to bypass it.
    edited September 2014
    Why was KV altered in the first place? The old version used to be ok, for what it was supposed to be doing. The new version however, is another step towards dumbing down class abilities/mechanics etc. in order to cater to a broader (dumber?) audience, it seems.

---

If it was up to me, i'd revert the changes to KV that came with the new mod and focus on what's really important. (TR/DC balance anybody?) Instead of turning us GF into brainless, party buffing, meat shields.

---

On a sidenote, the new block is terrible. This is the 2nd time my favorite class gets destroyed. Meanwhile, CW-online is in full bloom... what a strange wide, world.

The new KN is far better than the previous version. Plus, the old was too dangerous too use, this one is a lot better, safer for the GF, and benefits the GF's a lot more, therefore making it better.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The new KN is far better than the previous version. Plus, the old was too dangerous too use, this one is a lot better, safer for the GF, and benefits the GF's a lot more, therefore making it better.

Though I feel as if you don't suffer enough with it active. Receive very little damage for it's powerful benefit.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    GF finally becomes an asset and the plz nerf brigade is out in full force. I must admit I did expect this, but it took some time for the nerf train to build up a head of steam.

Also funny how the CeeDubz are the most vocal. I think the real problem here is KV means they have to take 10 seconds to kill someone and not the usual 5.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.