What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF's Knights Valor is Destroying PvP

12346»

Comments

• williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    klangeddin wrote: »
    Now it no longer affects companions (good), but it affects all allies in range, even those who are not in party (too good).
    In GG I was giving Knight's Valor to the whole raid. -.-

Yea, not gonna lie, not happy with that. You think taking damage for 4 teammates is bad? Why not take damage for 19 people?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, I played 3 pug PvP matches in a row with KV GF on the opposite side. This is over9000 more frustrating then playing against perma TR. It's IMPOSSIBLE to kill anyone while KV is active in an unorganized group. Kill GF? Lol, they can hold their shield up for 20+ seconds (I witnessed it while being dead and waiting for respawn) and they're not alone on the battlefield! Yes, it requires a certain build, but it's extremely effective with buffed block. Not gonna write a wall of text, just my point here.

Frustrated, disappointed and angry, I'm sorry. KV has no place in PvP.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    And, unlike what a certain hidden agenda QQer is trying to hide( ;) ), Balance DOES NOT mean that every class can beat another class with equal gear/skill. I really think it should be a "rock,paper,scissors" game, not a "rock,rock,scissors" game where to beat this guy, you need this guy, not "zerg the enemy by bringing the most OP classes in your team". Unluckily, the latter is what people are doing in both PVP AND PVE.

I do not agree with this. I'll explain why.
    A rock-paper-scissors" game would be working well if team composition was always set up to be a rainbow/ mix of all different classes. With current system, let's say TR vs CW is scissors vs paper. CW have no chance cause the TR is their natural predator.
    Now, let's say, and it happens, a match end up with 3 TRs on one team, 3 CWs on the other. Match pretty much f.ked up?
    Or let's say you balance making CWs/HRs the paper and GFs/ GWFs the rock. Then you end up with 3 CWs in a team (happening a lot) and 1-2 GWFs and 1-2 GFs in the other team.

You'd be in for total unbalanced games cause classes are stacked randomly and you make a system based on matchups.

I think every class must have its own strenghts AND a way to counter each of the other classes just switching powers/ changing rotation.

Then, you allow different sinergies between all classes. This way a team can use what they have splitting the team tactically.

But a rock/paper/scissors system imho would be not viable cause it would require for the matchmaking to balance teams avoiding stacks of the same class.

The same goes for PvE. Each class should have a base role, but when it comes to builds and gear, each class is able to overlap into another role a bit. For example, the GF is the best tank, but a sentinel should be able to take that role to a certain degree, being effective at it. This way, if no GFs are available, you can join a sentinel GWF. Or if you want a bit more AoE DPS and don't really need a full tank cause you, let's say, already have a DC and a though team, you can join a sentinel to have more DPS compared to a GF.

If you are too rigid with a rock-paper-scissors system in PvP and a fixed roles system in PvE, you end up with bigger problems in my opinion. You need flexibility.
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    I do not agree with this. I'll explain why.
    A rock-paper-scissors" game would be working well if team composition was always set up to be a rainbow/ mix of all different classes. With current system, let's say TR vs CW is scissors vs paper. CW have no chance cause the TR is their natural predator.
    Now, let's say, and it happens, a match end up with 3 TRs on one team, 3 CWs on the other. Match pretty much f.ked up?
    Or let's say you balance making CWs/HRs the paper and GFs/ GWFs the rock. Then you end up with 3 CWs in a team (happening a lot) and 1-2 GWFs and 1-2 GFs in the other team.

You'd be in for total unbalanced games cause classes are stacked randomly and you make a system based on matchups.

I think every class must have its own strenghts AND a way to counter each of the other classes just switching powers/ changing rotation.

Then, you allow different sinergies between all classes. This way a team can use what they have splitting the team tactically.

But a rock/paper/scissors system imho would be not viable cause it would require for the matchmaking to balance teams avoiding stacks of the same class.

The same goes for PvE. Each class should have a base role, but when it comes to builds and gear, each class is able to overlap into another role a bit. For example, the GF is the best tank, but a sentinel should be able to take that role to a certain degree, being effective at it. This way, if no GFs are available, you can join a sentinel GWF. Or if you want a bit more AoE DPS and don't really need a full tank cause you, let's say, already have a DC and a though team, you can join a sentinel to have more DPS compared to a GF.

If you are too rigid with a rock-paper-scissors system in PvP and a fixed roles system in PvE, you end up with bigger problems in my opinion. You need flexibility.

But that's the problem. Its not geared for flexibility, is it?

What we have now is a rock/rock/rock/rock/scissors/scissors game. We have classes that basically nobody wants/needs. PvE wants dps in all but a few dedicated tanking dungeons. So, lets stack CWs/GWFs for CN easy mode. PvP is the same way. DCs and GFs(until now) weren't really that necessary in PvP, were they? GFs couldn't belt out CWs/GWFs/HRs damage, and HRs/GWFs could out-tank them if specced so. Tell me, how often do you see premade parties from the pvp guilds running a rainbow party? Pug at least gives a CHANCE for a rainbow party, then they get roflstomped if they end up facing a premade party. Tell me, is a rainbow pug party going to do well versus a CW/CW/CW/GWF/HR party(premade or pugged)?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...