Options

Announcing Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons

123457»

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but what are the requirements for the new content? Do we still have to go to Icewind Dale first? And if so, how many months do we have to grind there before we are allowed into the new content? Just wondering if I should bother reinstall the game, as I never bothered grinding a single character into IWD, and never will.

No requirements , the new module can be started upon reaching Neverdeath graveyard at around lvl 30 , it's basically a campaign you can do while leveling but the enemies in the new areas are the type that scale to the level of your character with no set level , similar to the enemies in CTA's .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    jman75nhjman75nh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like to know why we now have to buy Dragonborn or Moon elf ect? doesnt this like change the whole "
    You don't have to pay to adventure. From level 1 to the level cap, all playable content in Neverwinter is free for everyone to experience.
    " Cuase to play these characters u gotta pay... I say its unfair..
  • Options
    drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2014
    jman75nh wrote: »
    I would like to know why we now have to buy Dragonborn or Moon elf ect? doesnt this like change the whole "
    You don't have to pay to adventure. From level 1 to the level cap, all playable content in Neverwinter is free for everyone to experience.

As much as I am not a big fan of payable races, it has been there since Beta. Renegade Drow had to be paid for in the Founder's Set. Moon Elf was a part of the Sharandar Pack. Now, Dragonborn is a part of the Dragons Pack. With the default FREE Races, a player can play the game from beginning to end, effectively FREE, though not with the prettiest toys. There should always be something that is exclusive and more rare. There should not be very many Renegade Drow, Moon Elves, or Dragonborn in game, anyway. I would honestly love to play a Minotaur, like the player race in DragonLance. Kender, Gully Dwarves and Gnomes would be fun too; A Duergar Dwarf would be a fun character. I do like how the new 5th Edition Player's Handbook is handling players and races. DnD Encounters in your cities starts next Wednesday evening, BTW, and are linked to Neverwinter, though will supposedly take place around the Moonsea.

There needs to be a carrot to encourage people to actually invest in the game to keep the devs employed. F2P does not pay the bills, and it is "Mostly" Cosmetic. I have never been a real fan of F2P, though it gets more folks to play the game. F2P always correlates to "Many more GoldSpammers" to me. If they have no cost associated with setting up an account or a character, macros will be set up to generate an unlimited supply of new characters and players that exist solely to spam. This is what currently happens in game. It is nice that we do not see there posts in our Foundries. Unfortunately there is not much chat with other players in Foundry either.

I would actually love to read the research done by MMO developers into tools designed to stem the flow of this problem. "Stopping GoldSpammers" has been unsuccessful for decades by many companies as it is not a new problem.
    Paladin.jpg
    @METH_SHADOWSTORM - Foundry author of:
    "The Sunnydale Campaign" - NWS-DKBEJ9OOM
    Episode 1: "Missing Daughters" - NW-DCX9IZBJB
    Episode 2: "A Date With Destiny" - NW-DHYEX5NKR - Featured: NW-DHFLDPWJV
    STO Foundry: "Safari So Good" - ST-HPRP2WFWI
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    No requirements , the new module can be started upon reaching Neverdeath graveyard at around lvl 30 , it's basically a campaign you can do while leveling but the enemies in the new areas are the type that scale to the level of your character with no set level , similar to the enemies in CTA's .
    Interesting. Guess I better try out that new class after all. :) Thanks. :)
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    drakkenfel wrote: »
    I would actually love to read the research done by MMO developers into tools designed to stem the flow of this problem. "Stopping GoldSpammers" has been unsuccessful for decades by many companies as it is not a new problem.

Solution could be actually very simple: With free playing you have only access to "Say" channel, heard by players near and perhaps "Party" channel, where the 5 players in party can hear you. To actually use "LFG", "Zone" or "Trade" channels, you must pay entry fee of 1, 5 or 10 €/$, which includes Zen or some basic stuff too. This is needed to pay once for account to get the channels open for all characters, but if you start to spam, you risk losing that account all together with the invested sum.

This basically enables free to play with enough communications to enable playing, although getting to parties would be harder outside of the que system, but won't allow spamming without creating a risk of loss...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    jman75nh wrote: »

I feel it is not unfair, but I do think the price for the race is a bit steep. If it was lower, more people would probably buy the access. I do consider the stats a bit unbalancing though, as it is basically an all around race good or best for every class, which means if you have access, you have no incentive to use other races... Actually I chose not to do SW right away, because the best race I would have figured to it would have been Thiefling from the free races and I already have Thiefling char and am not yet satisfied to have two chars of the same race...

PS. Personally I am waiting for that damned Aasimar to appear already, which should have appeared on par with Thiefling IMO, so I could finally start to play a cleric... :P

PSS. WTH is that [probably Barbarian judging from weapons] class that has been "Coming soon" for a year already? Inside joke?
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The number of grinds you have to go through to get artifact equipment make the game boring. There are more alternative attractive games out there, please do not drive the game to boring grind fests. Getting the belt & weapon should be - hunt x number of dragons / complete x number of dungeons. Not some random drop. It makes it boring.

I got the dragon pack to support the game, but in order to keep players like me this trend need to change. Additionally the class balances are off. Personally I don't care about a subscription fee if I were to find a different game as long as it satisfied my appetite for quality time, and at the moment this current trend / direction of the update in neverwinter has been disappointing. If you check mmorpg ratings, Neverwinter has dropped.
  • Options
    tonitruslipistonitruslipis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As anyone heard of a time line for dragon-born availability for free? have not sen anything anything but the payed version on the creation page
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As anyone heard of a time line for dragon-born availability for free? have not sen anything anything but the payed version on the creation page

No official announcement thus far. Also keep in mind that the previous "exclusive" races that did get some sort of free release had some sort of qualifier to their name - like the Menzo Renegade vs regular Drow, or Moon Elf vs Sun Elf...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums