test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing the Dragonborn Race

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The updates to the bag and the artifact were exactly what was needed to convince me this pack offered value.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • diabovelhodiabovelho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The link doesn't work for me as well. -> http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495

Cleaned cache and also tried IE, nothing.
    Anyone have other link or a solution?
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    diabovelho wrote: »
    The link doesn't work for me as well. -> http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495

That link works for me, so I don't know what to tell you.

What do you get when you click on it? It may be a temporary problem with your ISP. I get that now and then and cannot connect to certain things for a while.

~
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    So whatever happened to the head dev at a Neverwinter game demo that content and races will be 100% free and store will be purely for vanity reasons? Once again marketing based on lies. If only the world was just and someone took this to court where the liers lose.

Yeah... free to play but pay to enjoy.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will admit that, after the changes to the bag and the artifact, I think the dragonborn pack is very much worth the 100 dollar price now. However, I cannot currently afford it. I do plan to buy it as the dragonborn totally fit how I play my character and have written his backstory. I love the dragonborn's lore and cannot wait to be running around in game as one. ^_^

Thank you for adding this.

PS: I would love to see a $20 race unlock (by itself) added to the zen shop if possible. I understand that might not be in your plans as you want to keep this race rare, and in that case I agree to keep it as is, but I'd be able to buy the $20 unlock right now. For 100$ I'll have to wait a couple months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So whatever happened to the head dev at a Neverwinter game demo that content and races will be 100% free and store will be purely for vanity reasons? Once again marketing based on lies. If only the world was just and someone took this to court where the liers lose.

Yeah... free to play but pay to enjoy.

They said CLASSES will always be 100% free. They never said anything about races. As for vanity: that's all a race is. You can play 100% of leveling content on any race.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    They said CLASSES will always be 100% free. They never said anything about races. As for vanity: that's all a race is. You can play 100% of leveling content on any race.

No, they clearly indicated in the early pre-launch and early launch posts, interviews, what have you that classes and races were not going to be store items exclusive and that the store will only be cosmetic/vanity items only. Races ARE NOT cosmetic or vanity, they are crucial and central mechanics to builds. THAT is NOT a cosmetic or vanity feature.

Course I should not be surprised with Perfect World at the helm. If it was a simple $10 store item I would care less, but instead they went with highway robbery with a huge price tag of $100. Guess this just shows the state of the game and this is the only way they can keep the game afloat by cheating their customers which this clearly is. How hard is it to take notes from Turbines DDO store and follow suite? They have the most reasonable and best format where one can pick the features they want and not forced down ones through with a huge bundle that only has one perk you care for.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will say the $100 price tag is much harder to justify, even with the upgrades. They should keep the price at $75.

I supsect that they won't...but you may see the pack go "on sale" frequently.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
    edited August 2014
    No, they clearly indicated in the early pre-launch and early launch posts, interviews, what have you that classes and races were not going to be store items exclusive and that the store will only be cosmetic/vanity items only. Races ARE NOT cosmetic or vanity, they are crucial and central mechanics to builds. THAT is NOT a cosmetic or vanity feature.

No, they are cosmetic. You do not need any single race to complete the leveling content in the game - the game basically plays exactly the same way no matter which race you choose, save for a couple variances in how mobs are handled - which are so negligible you must read log files to see anything of it. Please get over yourself on how a race is not only cosmetic.

As for "indication" that classes *AND RACES" never being "store items" (costing any money or Zen) SHOW ME. If you go back through this thread there is a link to the CEO Interview where he specifically stated that classes will always be free. He never mentioned races even once.

UPDATE: I did it for you because it's it's often a cop-out to tell someone "go look it up" - so I present the links below - I put my money where my mouth is, it's only fair that you do the same. I am NOT debunking you. I am simply saying I don't trust your words as you say them so please back them up. (Okay, yes, I am debunking you. Always truthful is the best policy, I suppose.)

Show us.

I refer you to THIS post in this thread (who summarizes the same thing: classes are always free, never mentioned races):
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?714881-Announcing-the-Dragonborn-Race&p=8527291&viewfull=1#post8527291

And this is a direct link to the interview itself (note: CLASSES will always be free, never a mention of races):
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/634/videoId/3021
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    SHOW ME. If you go back through this thread there is a link to the CEO Interview where he specifically stated that classes will always be free. He never mentioned races even once. So if you say a Dev (or other official) have stated races will always be free then put your edify us all and remove all doubt about your own authority on the subject and post a link to the comment.

Note that spoken information during lifestreams and podcasts are always consider rumor or "roadmap" information and nothing more. It it's not in writing it's rumor at best.

So please: show us.

While I don't like the way they did the race this time. (I think there should be a plan for 2 versions if they want to bundle one into a pack) I'm always sceptical when someone says that the dev's lied, broke a promise, etc etc etc. It's very rare for that to happen so I agree, this needs to be shown.
  • sybonnisybonni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Probably not initially. Like the Menzo Drow weren't available to all at first
  • nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited August 2014
    Over at MMORPG.com, they had a guided tour to module 4 with Rob Obermeyer, the executive producer, and mentioned the following:
    The Dragonborn is part of the Dragonborn Legend Pack, however, and, though Rob said it is a likely addition for the in-game store, there are no details as to when yet.

Thats hardly a defintive statement, but as the quote says, it's "likely".
  • diabovelhodiabovelho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That link works for me, so I don't know what to tell you.

What do you get when you click on it? It may be a temporary problem with your ISP. I get that now and then and cannot connect to certain things for a while.

~

I got a Page Not Found. Tested with my 4g and the same message appears.
    Have no clue what to do!
    edited August 2014
    I got a Page Not Found. Tested with my 4g and the same message appears.
    Have no clue what to do!

And you have an Arc account set up? Have you purchased Zen before?

Try going to the top of this page and clicking on:

< Back to Game News

That should take you to:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news

Then, in the top image set, scroll across until you find:
    Tyranny of Dragons - Become a Dragonborn Legend
    Unleash the power of the Dragonborn and become a Legend in Neverwinter with the Dragonborn Legend Pack.

Read more

Click on Read More and that should take you to:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6005753-tyranny-of-dragons-become-a-dragonborn-legend

Scroll down until you find:
    Whether you’re new to Neverwinter or an experienced adventurer, you won’t want miss out on all the exclusive items in the Dragonborn Legend Pack. Head here to purchase the Dragonborn Legend Pack on ArcGames.com and get 25% off!

Click on here and that should take you to:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495-dragonborn-legend-pack

Where you can buy it for €71.00 (or in USD if you are in the States).

Maybe you can get through to it that way?

If not, you may have some browser settings or antivirus settings stopping you reaching it. Or some problem wth your ISP.

I have a 4GEE Mobile Dongle, and it is SO much faster than my old 3G. But, sometimes, I get very bad connection speed and inability to reach some web sites. But it usually does not last for more than a few hours and luckily does not happen all that often.

Good Luck!

~
    edited August 2014

are you by any chance in Brazil?
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Only the package hero of the north is available for sale in the Arc for Brazilians. I hate this restriction because of our nationality. All of us are losing the promotion of this package.

I can only access the purchase page by Proxy. But I do not trust him to risk putting my personal data.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No, they are cosmetic. You do not need any single race to complete the leveling content in the game - the game basically plays exactly the same way no matter which race you choose, save for a couple variances in how mobs are handled - which are so negligible you must read log files to see anything of it. Please get over yourself on how a race is not only cosmetic.

As for "indication" that classes *AND RACES" never being "store items" (costing any money or Zen) SHOW ME. If you go back through this thread there is a link to the CEO Interview where he specifically stated that classes will always be free. He never mentioned races even once.

UPDATE: I did it for you because it's it's often a cop-out to tell someone "go look it up" - so I present the links below - I put my money where my mouth is, it's only fair that you do the same. I am NOT debunking you. I am simply saying I don't trust your words as you say them so please back them up. (Okay, yes, I am debunking you. Always truthful is the best policy, I suppose.)

Show us.

I refer you to THIS post in this thread (who summarizes the same thing: classes are always free, never mentioned races):
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?714881-Announcing-the-Dragonborn-Race&p=8527291&viewfull=1#post8527291

And this is a direct link to the interview itself (note: CLASSES will always be free, never a mention of races):
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/634/videoId/3021

ok taken me a while to hunt down the proof i cant find the exact post it was around the time HOTN was released and there was an uproar about having to pay money for a race anyway theres a faq forum post i found hope i link it right

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Archive-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297621&viewfull=1#post297621
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
    edited August 2014
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    ok taken me a while to hunt down the proof i cant find the exact post it was around the time HOTN was released and there was an uproar about having to pay money for a race anyway theres a faq forum post i found hope i link it right

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Archive-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297621&viewfull=1#post297621
    That just says that all races at launch will be free except for MR.
    edited August 2014
    It also says that Astral Diamonds are a rare type of currency...

ROFLMAO!!!!
    edited August 2014
    reilz1981 wrote: »

As Charononus says they are referring to races at launch. Look, I'm not trying to be mean or give anyone a 'beat-down', and I know that often Cryptic's communications can be confusing. Here's what I am saying: it's no secret I am a Cryptic fan, but they've earned that from me over the last five years as a customer. - and I do mean Cryptic Studios, Perfect World is still new to me.

I am also an 'older <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>' - I have more life experience than many players here and I've learned a lot of empathy over the years (putting myself into others' shoes) - so I always remember these people at Cryptic are human. Sure, they f*ckup sometimes, and they can make some royally bad decisions, too. Most of how their revenue generation methods on this game is a grand experiment (it's never been done before the way they are doing it). So far it must be pretty successful.

Because of all this (my perspectives on the company) I am a Cryptic "news junkie" and follow everything there is to follow informationally-speaking. When they talk, I listen. And I remember. I'm not saying I'm always right or remember correctly. However, on the issue of classes and races always being free as per statements from Cryptic: that's a biggie and many of us do remember it pretty clearly.

In the end the official word is that classes will always be free, which makes sense as it's not a 'cosmetic-only' aspect of the game (it actually affects game play). Races on the other hand really are nothing more than cosmetic when you think about it and when you look back to launch one race was purchase-only: the Drow.

Granted, the Drow was released as a free race three months later (if counting from open beta). Now Dragonborn is a purchasable race, but unlikely that a free version will be released. Though I still feel there is a strong *possibility* that a less-costly option will come a bit later. In fact, as a purchaser of the Legend pack that sells for $99 I hereby petition a request that Cryptic do release a less costly package for players wanting the Dragonborn but cannot afford this package.
  • miniar0isminiar0is Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm annoyed and disappointed..
    I would like to play this race, but the price... it's way too high...
    I would pay, maybe up to 30 euro, but 70?
    The 30 slot bag is tempting, but not 40 euros worth of tempting.. -.-
    edited August 2014
    As Charononus says they are referring to races at launch. Look, I'm not trying to be mean or give anyone a 'beat-down', and I know that often Cryptic's communications can be confusing. Here's what I am saying: it's no secret I am a Cryptic fan, but they've earned that from me over the last five years as a customer. - and I do mean Cryptic Studios, Perfect World is still new to me.

I am also an 'older <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>' - I have more life experience than many players here and I've learned a lot of empathy over the years (putting myself into others' shoes) - so I always remember these people at Cryptic are human. Sure, they f*ckup sometimes, and they can make some royally bad decisions, too. Most of how their revenue generation methods on this game is a grand experiment (it's never been done before the way they are doing it). So far it must be pretty successful.

Because of all this (my perspectives on the company) I am a Cryptic "news junkie" and follow everything there is to follow informationally-speaking. When they talk, I listen. And I remember. I'm not saying I'm always right or remember correctly. However, on the issue of classes and races always being free as per statements from Cryptic: that's a biggie and many of us do remember it pretty clearly.

In the end the official word is that classes will always be free, which makes sense as it's not a 'cosmetic-only' aspect of the game (it actually affects game play). Races on the other hand really are nothing more than cosmetic when you think about it and when you look back to launch one race was purchase-only: the Drow.

Granted, the Drow was released as a free race three months later (if counting from open beta). Now Dragonborn is a purchasable race, but unlikely that a free version will be released. Though I still feel there is a strong *possibility* that a less-costly option will come a bit later. In fact, as a purchaser of the Legend pack that sells for $99 I hereby petition a request that Cryptic do release a less costly package for players wanting the Dragonborn but cannot afford this package.

And I've said vehemently that there should be an ala carte version of the race for 15-30.00, that the pack at first wasn't worth it to anyone and shouldn't be bought by anyone, that the fact that we'll be beta testing the pack on the live server as it was never on preview is horrible and shouldn't have happened. You get the idea. I have no issue calling out what I see as massive glaring flaws, I'm also not the most tactful human being to ever walk the planet. I've been called as subtle as a sledgehammer. And I don't see anything to call out about them breaking a promise etc about races being free.
  • misery70misery70 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well we all know here they are out to make money, by the way. nice to be in a forum that has class. But yes since they invest a lot of money in development and they have to make a profit to make investors happy. I don't blame them for charging for a race. But they could have different tier packages, with different goodies. But to play the race shouldn't be over 20 bucks. Heck even be honest and say play now or wait 6 months down the road
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lol, the butthurt in this thread is palpable.

I bought my discounted dragonborn pack, because its a good offer. If you equate that stuff into likely zen prices of the same items were they available in the zen store, its cheap.

The race itself? Account wide 30 slot bag? Account wide artifact?

As well as all the other stuff, some of it is **** good too. Some people might not be able to afford the pack, and for that i am truly sorry. However that doesn't alter the fact that when you compare it to anything else you can buy from the in game store its still a good deal. People just want everything cheaper.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • tebiantebian Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ive brought the pack i can reclaim the items but i cannot create a dragonborn pc; Why?, How i redeem it?
  • glorygemmglorygemm Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tebian wrote: »
    ive brought the pack i can reclaim the items but i cannot create a dragonborn pc; Why?, How i redeem it?

Same problem...
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You can't. Cryptic screwed up.
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't even reclaim the items. only the bahamut stuff is even showing, no bags, rings or anythign else.
  • sutherlandbrycesutherlandbryce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I submitted a bug report and they came back saying it was a known issue that is being looked into. A little frustrating since I was also unable to create one on the test server weeks ago and submitted multiple trouble calls which ended in them referring me to a useless forum.

Hopefully this will be patched sometime later today.
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I submitted a bug report and they came back saying it was a known issue that is being looked into. A little frustrating since I was also unable to create one on the test server weeks ago and submitted multiple trouble calls which ended in them referring me to a useless forum.

Makes you think that Cryptic never released a new race before.
    But why test when, despite all the problems people spend money anyway? Obviously they are ok with it.
This discussion has been closed.