Options

Announcing the Dragonborn Race

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    The pack is now available on the Zen store..

I see no such thing on the Zen store.

There is a Race Re-roll Token for 1500 Zen and a Warlock's Booster Pack for 3500 Zen.

I do not see any Dragonborn Pack for 7500 Zen. As that is a little cheaper than the 8600 Zen equivalent for the Dragonborn Pack bought pre-release On Sale, it would be a little crooked for them to do that. Does it contain the same items and all account-wide?

I can see items from the pack at the Reward Claims Merchants, and my characters have received an e-mail telling them about the Dragonborn, and there are new NPCs in PE.

But I cannot roll a Dragonborn character. The NEXT button takes me to the web page where I can buy the "Premium Race" - AGAIN!

When I bought the pack in good faith, it said that it was not associated with my account. Support tickets over the last few days abut how I do this have resulted in a Robo-Bot reply that I am buying a sale asset for €72 and did not answer my query at all.

AS USUAL!

~
  • Options
    dantesinferno76dantesinferno76 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    <snip>As that is a little cheaper than the 8600 Zen equivalent for the Dragonborn Pack bought pre-release On Sale, it would be a little crooked for them to do that. <snip>
    How the hell does $75 equate to 8600 zen???
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On the gateway in the packs it is there...maybe its not supposed to be. So is it not in the Zen store in the game client?
    I see no such thing on the Zen store.

There is a Race Re-roll Token for 1500 Zen and a Warlock's Booster Pack for 3500 Zen.

I do not see any Dragonborn Pack for 7500 Zen. As that is a little cheaper than the 8600 Zen equivalent for the Dragonborn Pack bought pre-release On Sale, it would be a little crooked for them to do that. Does it contain the same items and all account-wide?

I can see items from the pack at the Reward Claims Merchants, and my characters have received an e-mail telling them about the Dragonborn, and there are new NPCs in PE.

But I cannot roll a Dragonborn character. The NEXT button takes me to the web page where I can buy the "Premium Race" - AGAIN!

When I bought the pack in good faith, it said that it was not associated with my account. Support tickets over the last few days abut how I do this have resulted in a Robo-Bot reply that I am buying a sale asset for €72 and did not answer my query at all.

AS USUAL!

~
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    empalas wrote: »
    On the gateway in the packs it is there...maybe its not supposed to be. So is it not in the Zen store in the game client?

It is in game, too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I think they are referring the the cost in euros of the pack pre-launch which comes out to $86 which would be 8600 zen. But I think that price had to do with the VAT that is imposed on euro purchases.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?714881-Announcing-the-Dragonborn-Race&p=8654881&viewfull=1#post8654881

Dragonborn pack is about €71, 8600 Zen is about €72.

THAT'S how "the hell" the Dragonborn pack Sale price is equivalent to about 8600 Zen.

"...here I am, stuck in the middle with you..."
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    apparentely you dont see the pack in the zen store if you have already bought it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well that makes sense
    akemnos wrote: »
    apparentely you dont see the pack in the zen store if you have already bought it.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    Every zen you see in the game was paid for with real money. It is only free in a sense that someone else paid for it but in Cryptics view they receive the same amount of money.

^This. Too many people just don't get it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

There is one difference though.
    Now with it being available in the ZEN store, people can use ZEN which was already paid for to buy it instead of giving Cryptic the full $75.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    There is one difference though.
    Now with it being available in the ZEN store, people can use ZEN which was already paid for to buy it instead of giving Cryptic the full $75.

I was just in-game - it's NOT in the Zen Market - however, I have purchased it, but my purchase is not registering in-game. So I wonder if it's possible that only those people who did purchase it (and it's at least partially registering for you) are the only ones who can see the package in the Z-Store?

Either that or it is intended to be sold there (or the very appearance of it) is all part of the overall glitch. I did mention in another thread that they tried to sell the HR Booster in the Zen Store for the first time ever and it caused some real problems (but I guess they worked those out) - I suspect if the Dragonborn pack is indented to also be in the Zen Market that this is a redux of those issues.

All this feel very deja-vu. LOL

Fortunately I am a patient person and I know it'll get fixed quickly.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I was just in-game - it's NOT in the Zen Market - however, I have purchased it, but my purchase is not registering in-game.

You only see the pack if you haven't bought it yet. So something is registered for you even when you can't access it.
    tfz4foez.png
    http://s1.directupload.net/images/140814/tfz4foez.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I thought the issue with the pack so far is just that dragonborn aren't unlocked...you can still get most of the other parts from the rewards vendor...right? So if you are able to see some of the stuff there then it does know you bought the pack...just that they missed turning on a bit or two somewheres...
  • Options
    edited August 2014

But it would have been cheaper to:

buy 21,600 Zen for €179.99
    buy the pack with 7,500 Zen
    buy a load of keys in the next sale
    open the boxes and auction the contents.

And probably have about 10 million AD left over, plus a load of stuff from the boxes you would keep.

And I cannot make a Dragonborn anyway! Even though I paid cash!

Better to buy the Zen, buy the pack at the below-Sale-Price Zen discount, open a load of boxes and end up with 10 million AD AS WELL. I've done it before; 30 resonators, several artiacts, Epic Mounts and Gear and high level runes and enchants to auction off. LEGIT. I did not even know about the resonator exploit. That how I got my Greater Plaguefire and Soulforged Enchants. I could have bought a Perfect Vorpal at the time, but now the cheapest is 12 million.

If you converted 21,600 Zen on the ZAX, you would only get 10.8 million AD. Just not worth it. That is why the backlog will never clear. I am not interested in buying other people's exploited AD.

At the same time, Bots are still putting cheap stacks of enchants on the AH, which is a benefit to players who farm AD to spend, but not to those who Farm Enchants to sell.

My solution? Farm Enchants to Refine Enchants, Farm AD to spend. Buy Zen with Cash for things you cannot get on the AH or from the Zen Market if you are patient enough to get a ZAX order filled.

I'll buy Zen with AD, but I am never going to spend money on Zen in order to buy AD in exchange for my Zen.

And I wish I had not bought the Dragonborn pack, as I cannot even use it yet.

All that talk of being exclusive and never available elsewhere must have been a bare-faced lie. As was the temporary sale price.

~
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You only see the pack if you haven't bought it yet. So something is registered for you even when you can't access it.
    tfz4foez.png
    http://s1.directupload.net/images/140814/tfz4foez.png

Okay - I suspected it might be something like that (which is actually a "WHEW!" moment for me, meaning the system recognizes my purchase, but the glitch preventing creation is a genuine system glitch, and not an account glitch) :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    But it would have been cheaper to:
    ~

Understood. I was just reiterating another post that clarified for people that *ALL ZEN* is purchased by someone. Some of it is then traded between players via the ZAX, but it's all purchased by player. Cryptic never ever just 'introduces' Zen into the game. :)
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    acutally they do in a way. the free zen from surveys. doesn't require me to buy zen but I get it anyways.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    acutally they do in a way. the free zen from surveys. doesn't require me to buy zen but I get it anyways.

LOL You're RIGHT! Okay, I stand corrected (though that is more the exception than the rule...as a rule.) :)
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The zen is still bought with real money, just then its given to you instead of peanut labs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

How long does it take and how much Zen do you get from a survey?
  • Options
    shasarazadshasarazad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have to post once more in this thread, which should be over now after the release. However, I have to say thank you for at least offering the pack in the zen store. Sure, for someone like me it will take forever and a day to save up 7500zen, but at least I do have a chance to get the pack eventually. Until then I will add to the dwarf population.
  • Options
    drowpiedrowpie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    $75 for a race? No thanks. Most MMOs either do updates free, charge up to $20 for a race, or charge $60 for an entire expansion.

I'll spend my $75 on like 2 or 3 AAA games on Steam instead during a sale.

You see, it's not that I expect everything free. It's that I find half of the pricing model of Neverwinter's stuff to be ludicrous.

Every time me, or my friends try to get into this game again, the pricing model leaves us tumbling on the floor laughing. "But you can get it with Zen!". Yah, okay.

Marlboro cigarettes used to give people sweatshirts and such for saving up tons of carton stubs. Need I take the analogy further?

PS: I did follow on Twitter, so congrats to whoever the sparse 5 are who win that pack anyway. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    drowpie wrote: »
    $75 for a race? No thanks. Most MMOs either do updates free, charge up to $20 for a race, or charge $60 for an entire expansion.

I'll spend my $75 on like 2 or 3 AAA games on Steam instead during a sale.

You see, it's not that I expect everything free. It's that I find half of the pricing model of Neverwinter's stuff to be ludicrous.

Every time me, or my friends try to get into this game again, the pricing model leaves us tumbling on the floor laughing. "But you can get it with Zen!". Yah, okay.

Marlboro cigarettes used to give people sweatshirts and such for saving up tons of carton stubs. Need I take the analogy further?

PS: I did follow on Twitter, so congrats to whoever the sparse 5 are who win that pack anyway. :)

And the Dragonborn reroll pack is the very reason why you shouldn't post in necro threads. 25 bucks and boom, you get not only the Dragonborn race but also the option to change your race on the spot. Also, it's not 75 for the race--it's 75 dollars for EVERYTHING in the pack...which includes an accountwide 30 slot bag.

Simply because you only find worth in the race itself does not mean that the race is 75 dollars. Anyway, closing this thread for necro.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.